World of Tanks Vet, Personnel Advice for WOWP New comers

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

SOJO #1 Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 62 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

World of Tanks Vet, Personnel Advice for WOWP New comers

Hello All, I may have a few suggestions for new players that haven’t had a chance to play World of Tanks (WOT), but have joined World of Warplanes (WOWP) to experience the Wargaming Experience. Now, you have to understand that World of Tanks logistical set up, the games’ interface dynamics, as they relate to crew training, researching of aircraft/tanks, their components, equipment,  all share a common parallel ground, it’s familiar.

Before I start, and since I am suggesting some humble advice, I thought it to be fair to tell you a little about myself; I started playing World of Tanks in Beta, And have I played it religiously ever since, I have about 29,000 games, and have ascertained a respectable (IMHO) 57.42% win percentage.  I have recently started WOWP.

When I first started playing WOT, I was all thumbs, and I spent a lot of unnecessary money that I shouldn’t of because I made stupid mistakes, i.e., researching equipment that I didn’t need to research, dismissing crew that had one skill almost completed, That I shouldn’t have dismissed, and I should have kept tanks that I sold, I bought tanks that I shouldn’t of, and sold equipment with that tank that I should have dismounted, but I failed to remove.

I lost so much money and time making stupid mistakes, I was over eager to get to the preverbal tier 10 tank(s), that I ignorantly skipped through lower tiered tanks, that statistically (If I’d kept them) would have benefitted me more in the long run. Really, I could have built my crew member(s) with a few skills before moving onto the next tier; I could have become more proficient with tactics at lower tiers where the penalty for losing wasn’t as extreme as it related to repair bills and the cost of ammunition (i.e. Premium Rounds).

When you play lower tiers it helps you to gain a stable platform, by a stable platform, a better understanding; I mean to suggest that my winning percentage, accuracy, would have been much better. It is a lot easier to receive a better win percentage while your total amount of games played is low, Unlike what I did, I was in such a hurry to get to tier X, I had a higher loss rate due to inexperience, playing higher tiers that I wasn’t ready for, nor was my crew experienced enough, and could have definitely used more (XP) before moving on to the next tier,  in addition, I didn’t have all the best equipment, and little money for premium rounds, I found myself at 5000 games with a 49% win percentage when I started WOT.

I recently started to play WOWP with a more seasoned approach, I am not in a big hurry to get to tier 10, I have played about 40 games and I have ascertained a 56% win percentage at present. I have no aircraft over tier 4. I purchased 3 Premium planes, removed crew acceleration,(As to build up experience that I can buy back) and I have researched to tier 6 down the German line, but I am only playing the tier 4 with the crew acceleration on, this approach is logically a sound approach (IMO). I will explain this a little more in detail later, I am being patiently Stallworth in my approach, my main goal at present, is to progress through to tier 8 (Me209A; this will be my next purchase).

I am not suggesting this for you per-se, this is my personnel preference.  I feel tier 8 is solid at the moment, due to WOWP current state, this may change with further updates, BUT, my crew progression and gained experience will be “nurtured” not carelessly or ignorantly wasted.

So, off the top of my head, for new players to the Wargaming experience, as to reinterate, this advice is relative to the game dynamics and logical nuances comparable with WOT & WOWP.

• First thing, buy Premium days (Account), i.e. 30 days, it’s like $15.00 (U.S),the benefit is too good to pass up.
  • Conduct some research on what nationality tier you’re interested in, Stick with that tier for a long enough time, as to gain ample experience for your crew. DON’T BE IN SUCH A HURRY to get to the next tiered aircraft or nationality (Keep you apples in one basket; so to speak).  (As an example I stopped at a German tier 4), it has good match making, I win a lot, it’s good for me, It may differ for you, but, the idea is to gain personnel experience, gain XP for crew, and aircraft experience. I would much rather move to tier 5 with a 3 skilled crew (IMO).
  • When you “Research” the tier tree, OK, Of course you’re going to research every component for the aircraft your presently flying, BUT, if you wish to skip a few tiered aircraft, i.e., Your flying a tier 4, but your goal to get to Tier 8, Well, gain the experience to research the tier 5, this could be done by buying back experience, But the simplest way is just remove the crew acceleration from your present aircraft (IV) and build the necessary experience on your aircraft to train into the next, (this is the easiest way). Now the next step; (1) once you have researched to the Tier 5, turn your crew acceleration back on for your tier 4. From other aircraft, (my suggestion, Premium Aircraft that you have purchased, as I had suggested earlier, that should have had Crew Acceleration OFF,  with crew acceleration off it allows the pool of  experience  for you to buy back to build up at an accelerated rate.)
  • OK, Once your Tier 4 is fully researched it becomes (ELITE) this will allow you to research the tier 5. Once you research the tier 5, you will able to research through its tech tree. (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT); ONLY RESEARCH THE EQUIPMENT THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO UNLOCK THE TIER 6 (Next Aircraft in your progression) let me break it down, if the research lines from one gun to the best gun will allow you to unlock the Tier 6 Aircraft, (THAT’S THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO RESEARCH) UNLESS, your planning on buying the Tier 5, (BUT If you not going to purchase it, YOU DON’T NEED TO TRAIN ALL THE RESEARCH COMPONENTS,  Just the guns, DON’T Train the Engines or anything else. Your main goal here is to unlock the next Aircraft with the least resistance. Don’t waste, Experience, or In Game Currency (Silver) or gold, on researchable plane parts that are unnecessary to achieve the next tier. (I MADE THIS MISTAKE SERVERAL TIMES AS A NEW PLAYER)
  • Don’t ever  dismiss any crew members that have started a crew skill, Keep them no matter what, you can always retrain them for a different aircraft in the future even though you have to retrain (BUY) them to reestablish the 100% proficiency, they will never loss the percentage they have gain in their skill(s). (I MADE THIS MISTAKE, I would have a skilled crew member, i.e. (Increased View Range) and haphazardly just sell the tank and in the process dismissing the crew member.  It takes a long time to max out a skill, so if you have crewmember(s) with a 70% skill for example, that probably, most likely took  4 months to reach that percentage, and just to dismiss the crew member by mistake is, and was Stupid on my part. KEEP YOUR CREW MEMBER(S)!
  • DO NOT Accidently sell any of your equipment, i.e., aircraft lacquer; reinforced skins, etc. always remove your equipment before selling the aircraft. (STRIP YOUR AIRCRAFT OF CREW, EQUIPMENT AND CONSUMABLES, BEFORE SELLING IT) You will use all of them later on, as you progress through the game. YOU DON’T NEED TO BUY THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER! THEY ARE INTERCHANGEABLE, based on class of aircraft, etc.
  • When you finally achieve tier 8, 9, and 10, the deciding factor of your aircraft, win chance etc. THE POSITIVE STUFF, will rely heavily on a highly skilled crew, when you have achieved  4 to 5 skills on a crew member(s) this will improve your win percentage tremendously, that’s the secret ladies and gentlemen, one of your main, and foremost goals is to have excellent crews, there is a reason why it takes so long to achieve skills, it’s one of thee, if not one of the top factors in tipping the scales in your favor, especially at the highest tiers.
  • Lastly, don’t be in a hurry to get to tier 10, season yourself at lower tiers, HIGHER Tiers will not make you any better statistically or otherwise.
  • Read the forums on suggestions and advice. Check your “you tube” on strategies. There is seasoned players (Good Players) out there that have posted, or made videos on how to make you a better player, what planes are good or bad, listen to them, they are not telling you how to play, they are telling you how not to play bad.
  •  

In Conclusion, I hope that you’ll find this post helpful, I know its long winded, but I strongly believe all the stupid ignorant mistakes that I made when I started as a novice in World of Tanks, won’t happen to you in World of Warplanes, My advice will hopefully save you a lot of time, money, and energy, whilst achieving a pleasurable gaming experience.

Respectfully

SOJO

Edited by Sojo, 19 December 2013 - 01:02 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

losttwo #2 Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13642 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
Great post for the new guy.

hawkeyededic #3 Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 962 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Very well written and for the most part accurate, I would like to point out 1 error though that could throw off newer players.

You said "OK, Once your Tier 4 is fully researched it becomes (ELITE) this will allow you to research the tier 5." in your fourth bullet point, this is in fact incorrect. Your plane only becomes elite after you have researched all available modules AND researched the next tier. You can in fact research the next tier as soon as you have sufficient XP to do so. 

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

INCISION #4 Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 79 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 18 December 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

Great post for the new guy.

Great post. 29k battles in WOT, impressive!

[content moderated - insults]

~GM/Mod Teams

SOJO #5 Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 62 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Posthawkeyededic, on 18 December 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

Very well written and for the most part accurate, I would like to point out 1 error though that could throw off newer players.

You said "OK, Once your Tier 4 is fully researched it becomes (ELITE) this will allow you to research the tier 5." in your fourth bullet point, this is in fact incorrect. Your plane only becomes elite after you have researched all available modules AND researched the next tier. You can in fact research the next tier as soon as you have sufficient XP to do so.

Thanks, The jest is there, And with your minor corection, helpful.

Edited by Sojo, 18 December 2013 - 05:23 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

tahee59 #6 Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
very nice post

Staff_Sergeant_Walker #7 Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 60 battles

I wish someone like you had posted someting similar when I started playing WoT almost 2 years ago. Great post.

zkyz #8 Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2231 battles
  • [GAVCA] GAVCA

Very good post !!! +1 !!!

SOJO #9 Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 62 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostStaff_Sergeant_Walker, on 18 December 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

I wish someone like you had posted someting similar when I started playing WoT almost 2 years ago. Great post.

Thanks Sgt. Walker, I appreciate it.

Edited by Sojo, 18 December 2013 - 06:37 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

SOJO #10 Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 62 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Postzkyz, on 18 December 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

Very good post !!! +1 !!!

Thanks Z

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

SOJO #11 Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 62 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Posttahee59, on 18 December 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

very nice post

Thank you.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

SOJO #12 Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 62 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostINCISION, on 18 December 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Great post. 29k battles in WOT, impressive!

Much Appreciated, I learned the hard way, hopefully others wont have to

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

tadaaah #13 Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
Great post! Thanks for the well-written information! Awesome for the new players.

ThomasFranz67 #14 Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 90 battles
  • [VIKNG] VIKNG

Very Good Post.

+1

I wished I would have had this Information when I started playing WoT over two years ago.

If it's ok with You I'd like to post a link to this in our Clan's Teamspeak tonight. We have quite a few Wot players that are getting into WoWP as well.

F16SkyPilot #15 Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10923 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Great instructions, wish it was around in Oct. 2013

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself."

Noreaga #16 Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

fantastic and almost completely the same as the lessons i picked up from beta!

See you in the sky !

Noreaga

Nimis obnoxii curare

SOJO #17 Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 62 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostThomasFranz67, on 18 December 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Very Good Post.

+1

I wished I would have had this Information when I started playing WoT over two years ago.

If it's ok with You I'd like to post a link to this in our Clan's Teamspeak tonight. We have quite a few Wot players that are getting into WoWP as well.

No Problem, I hope it helps others!

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

SOJO #18 Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 62 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Postnoreaga, on 18 December 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

fantastic and almost completely the same as the lessons i picked up from beta!

See you in the sky !

Noreaga

thanks

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

SOJO #19 Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 62 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostF16SkyPilot, on 18 December 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Great instructions, wish it was around in Oct. 2013

Thanks, and sorry I was late!

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

sukaphuk #20 Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Excellent post! Kicking myself now for the lost $$ in modules I've sold not realizing they're interchangeable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users