Perhaps the worst controls for a plane game...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
136 replies to this topic

minionsoldier #41 Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 154 battles
I havent noticed any control lag at all running 30-45 ping. When I snap my joystick the plane turns with no noticable delay.

You may want to check with your ISP and also see if your performance improves or degenerates at different times. If you have many devices sharing your internet connection as well as users this will degrade your gameplay experience as well.

I would suggest net time your up late at night and everybody else is asleep try playing a few rounds and see what your performance is like

oakachoby #42 Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
first off i don't like the arguing this is a closed beta and as for KaleBane you need to be open minded just because you are not having any issues with anything does not give you the right to sit there and tell anyone they are wrong. WG has asked people to play so they can see what needs work  and if people like you get on and give people grief no one will give any input if you are happy be happy if someone is having problems let the devs address them you as you said are not a dev and don't work for them so why are you so forceful with your thoughts i'm not here to listen to people say if you don't like the game go somewhere else i'm here to help make the game profitable for the company and that takes people  to be honest with what they are experiencing so everyone chill and i don't care who you are or what you think i'm not here for you i'm here to play the game and i do want it be a big hit

AuraDesru #43 Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
We've been asking for a new mouse system..
They wont make a new one. No one likes it..
Sure it might get easy after 200 games later. I dont remeber struggling with tank controls in wot.

Sithalos #44 Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
50 ping, and using a 360 pad. I don't have any problems, and get at least 3 kills a game.

lordraptor1 #45 Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [NLORD] NLORD
ok here are some ideas from what i have seen so far

1.  planes need to be more responsive when using keyboard and mouse
2.  look into why it seems like some people have a modern day targetlock (or better yet give me one LOL)
3.  look into why you can be right behind someone peppering away and then poof they are gone yet when the roles are reverse one cannot shake the opposing player (i have tried loops, roll left and use elevator to steer (fastest way to make a turn in any other flight sim and is more true to life at least in terms of how a radio control plane operates).
4.  (and this isnt really a wop thing but more of an observation) QUIT CAMPING ANTI AIRCRAFT EMPLACEMENTS LOL.

cardgame #46 Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
I agree that the rudders suck terribly, but other than that I have no issues.

ghost3174 #47 Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 72 battles
Aight how many are playing with joysticks Vs. mouse control? In mouse I found that I had higher control of aircraft but joystick I had better gunnery. In mouse I had very few that could shoot me down but as soon as I switched to joystick I was downing 3 to 6 planes per match!

ghost3174 #48 Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 72 battles
Btw I have no noticeable lag..... mostly. There are a few times when I am downloading other things that I get a bit jerky but that is my issue! Get a better ip and things will work wonderfully! I myself use verizon Fios and have no probs!

Buthrakaur #49 Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I average around 40 ping, and the controls feel sluggish.  That says a control issue, not a lag issue.  The whole game feels very jerky and stiff, no smoothness of flight or control.  I fly with a joystick, and one of the wierdest features is that if I go no imput, the plane steers itself back to level flight instead of maintaining LKC&H.

PlasmaPhantom #50 Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Primarily, the game is still in beta? Why give such negative feedbacks on a currently developing game?

cardgame #51 Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostPlasmaPhantom, on 13 November 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

Primarily, the game is still in beta? Why give such negative feedbacks on a currently developing game?

You must be new to game testing. Feedback » improved game

Edited by cardgame, 14 November 2012 - 04:23 AM.

DarthVicious #52 Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [SP] SP
I've found its easier to outmaneuver a plane on my tail using the free camera.

Mouse & keyboard by the way. The only thing I really find frustrating is how the mouse control adds roll, and the auto horizon leveling.

Now if I could just hit planes better...

Governments #53 Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Would like to touch on the aforementioned throttle controls.
To me, the throttle feels almost noexsistant. Either the engine's on idle, or it's on boost.
Also, the control latency. I, like others, am getting the 1/4-1/2 second-ish delay. I'm using my tried-and-true joystick I use for all my aircraft games, and I've only gotten this behavior on WoWP. I've noted my server ping tends to hover around the 90-140ms range. At first i thought it was my computer unable to process everytthing fast enough, but even on lowest sertings and adjusted sensativity I still get the problems.
This game has a lot of promise and I'm looking forward to helping it develop :3

EarnMyRespect #54 Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [ZED-E] ZED-E
All I know so far after two days is I need a joystick or game controller I find this game amusing to me I can bomb the crap outta anything. Just having issues with mouse and keyboard in dog fights as far as control of plane. Other than that I'm having a blast playing this game!
"My other cannon is bigger.........." Professional Russian

You Eatah Mah Cookie!!!

wmouse #55 Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 91 battles

View Postcardgame, on 14 November 2012 - 04:23 AM, said:

You must be new to game testing. Feedback » improved game

Yup. Gotta make lots of noise in a beta so you don't have (as much) noise to make at release.

Remember, the opposite of love isn't hate. It's apathy. People here giving lots of negative feedback ultimately do it because they care on some level about WoWP.

Oh, and while I'm here: the controls are terribly laggy for me too. Ditto the OP and all that, so I gave up trying to play for now.

Edited by wmouse, 15 November 2012 - 11:28 AM.

Kaldesh #56 Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
This is such a wonderful game yet the fligh controls or lack of it is a game breaking issue.  Devs do not seem to care about it and are working on other aspect of the game (polishing it up when they should be tackling this core problem).

Faerkhan #57 Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
The primary issues I have with the controls are the lack of responsiveness and auto-leveling to the horizon. While these can be good for beginners who havent played many flight sims, experienced players such as myself will play another game rather than deal with it, even if they like Wargaming in general already. The problem with these issues is that it is impossible to complete many combat maneuvers because the control system simply won't allow them. A simple chandelle is extremely difficult to perform smoothly, and doing a slipping turn to drop behind an enemy's tail... forget about it!

Perhaps this is just me not understanding how the controls work quite yet, and if there's anything I should know that could fix this problem, I would appreciate the insight. However, I do think the game would be much improved with a heightened control sensitivity. Perhaps there could be a slider that allows players to adjust the responsiveness of the keyboard inputs as well as the mouse inputs?

GrouchySmurf #58 Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 7 battles
  • [-D_D-] -D_D-

View PostKaldesh, on 15 November 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

This is such a wonderful game yet the fligh controls or lack of it is a game breaking issue.  Devs do not seem to care about it and are working on other aspect of the game (polishing it up when they should be tackling this core problem).
Wow I think ive heard this somewhere before lol Right on target Sir!!!

By The Time You See Me On Your 6, You've Already Been Smurfed!!!!

RVBldr #59 Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Being somewhat new to WoP and having played a couple days, I'm throwing my 2-cents into the controller fray. MS Flight implemented a mouse system that worked fine for more percise, granular control movement such as flying an ILS or some landing challanges. It was not usable for some of the challanges requiring quicker and larger movements like the Gold Rush or some of the hoops courses with faster aircraft. I'm finding the same thing here. Designers may go with the mouse as they assume that's what users have, and it worked great with WoT. It's just not working here for air-to-air combat and it's going to lead to huge fustrations and players quitting the game after just a couple plays. A joystick is better, but with the lag times (I'm getting about 100 ms) causing PIO and lag with the gun systems (firing delay from pulling trigger), I don't have much hope for the joystick users until this is tightened up. These aircraft didn't have a lot of pitch or roll inertia so when you pulse the stick either in roll or pitch, the moments should damped out almost immediately. These PIOs are really difficult to overcome; I'd say this is a ship-stopper until fixed.

smarkies #60 Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I thought the game play was like Ace Combat, but the handling is wobly for mouse and keyboard :( , I tried the keyboard alone, still it's hard to manuever the plane.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users