Perhaps the worst controls for a plane game...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
136 replies to this topic

InventorOfEvil #121 Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 30 battles

View Postwoodrowgraham, on 05 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

I dont know about you guys but i paid alot of money ($0.00) to play this game and for the money i paid it should be perfect,
shame on WoWp for not Beta testing.The Devs should be working on all the things night and day.

No one should have any thing to say until they have 250 battle or so.
Time and  hard work by some tester and the Devs and new updates are making this Game better and better.
Thanks DEVS and tester for your time

Don't misconstrue constructive criticism with whining.

The fact of the matter is: New players, players that aren't dedicated such as us, aren't going to hang around 250 battles to get the hang of the game. They're going to play a couple, decide the controls are too janky and give up. A free to play game thrives on it's free to play constituency.

Shutov #122 Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [OBALL] OBALL
If you are using a joystick please visit http://forum.worldof...ller-xml-files/

Download the latest joystick.xml and replace your backed up joystick.xml with it.

Post your reaction there.

We are trying to find better default configurations for the controller files and could use more feedback.

Thanks,

DrSinister #123 Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I found out that WG had added in 2 other mouse schemes but I do not think others can see it.  The ones I have found are Mouse Shooter and Mouse Joy, I prefer the Mouse Joy, it pretty much takes the mouse and works like a joystick.  This mouse scheme feels a lot better then the old standard, 0.2.3 or 0.2.4 mouse schemes with this move the circle to move the plane.  The Mouse Joy still has this Circle with a stick but it is now just a representation of where the mouse is so you know how far left, right, up or down your mouse is at like it would with a joystick.

Just something that I found, will not seem like this will help others since they most likely will not see the Mouse Joy or Mouse Shooter schemes.

woodrowgraham #124 Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Just one other thing I have play WoT for a short time, that how i froud WoWp

A plane is not a tank guys WoT WoT WoT WoT make it like WoT, One a plane and the other is a tank.
Sorry I have to go fly my plane in to AAA post OMG!

If you press the Q key this is me on your ***!

neorenamon #125 Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
I have fought 412 battles and must say there needs to be more options with the HUD.  The shade of green used for the artificial horizon and the maneuvering sight is hard to see against many backgrounds.  There should be options to change the color of various aspects of the HUD.  I would prefer using a deep red color myself.

Gnarspall #126 Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 31 battles
  • [R-T-P] R-T-P
I too have been sufering this control lag.

Usually during the first one or two flights after I start the WOWP program and log in.

Also noticing it now on new planes I buy .. its kinda wierd ..

PrimalSins #127 Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
To put it all as simply as possible - this game will go no where and die fast if it is unable to retain a player base!

it is that simple. I do not care if you are getting great ping, or if you are absolutely loving this game, or even if you are one of the ones that says it is the greatest thing since the wheel. I care about the fact that you are a small minority, quite small in fact and if you dont wake up to yourselve's and stop hating on people providing critisicm then YOU are the ones who will ruin this game.

why would anyone hang around when they cant make their problems known without suffering the wrath of the "Elitist" mentality that is shown on here by some of the Alpha testers - let me ask you fellas this, are you and your beer mates gonna play this game against only yourselve's for years? gonna fund WG into keeping it going? no your not, you need a bunch of people to play so you can shoot them and so that they can put money into the game to keep it going.

At the end of the day WG is a company and like any other company it needs to make a profit to pay its staff. As it stands WoWP is going to be a giant money pit instead of the money tree that WoT is. The reason WoT is so successful has been mentioned a number of times - it is easy to get into a tank drive it towards an enemy tank and start firing. if you want to add tactics in to improve yourself than go for it, if not then no worries your still having fun. WoWP is none of this, and sorry but it is woefully not good enough to say get a better ISP, or go get a joystick or even play 250 games to get the feel of it. why should someone waste that money or that time and effort when they could go find another easy game like WoT? Also that money spent on the joystick or the better ISP could have gone into WG pockets if the customer was satisfied.......

I live in Aus, yes we are probably not as important as other countries however the best ping we can possibly get to an international server anywhere other than singapore is around the 110 mark, based on this information alone it pretty much means that any and all australian gamers will be at a disadvantage in a dogfight to their international comrades - that is bad for business. I can unhappily say that no matter which plane i currently fly (upto tier 4 as i started playing 4 days ago) I cannot escape the majority of planes that get behind me (including T1 when i am in a T4) the only guys I have got away from have had similar ping to me.

In closing, instead of being an uber waste of time and space "Elitists" go take a hike and let the player base give their problems to the Devs so that this game can potentially enjoy similar success to WoT.

one thought I had for the Devs to look at is the airspeed and turning ability of all the planes currently in game. get two devs to jump in a battle together in different planes and get behind eachother and seriously try and shake one another. If a higher tier plane cannot shake a lower tier plane by turning ability alone then there is a problem with the system. I am no airman but I am yet to see a plane with wheels hanging out the bottom out manouver a plane who's landing gear is tucked away. however this is just a thought

Edited by PrimalSins, 14 January 2013 - 02:32 PM.

triptyx #128 Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Flying Llama

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [FLLMA] FLLMA
Air combat isn't about circling each other and turn radius.  To say every higher tier aircraft should out turn a lower tier aircraft ignores the performance and handling characteristics of each plane.

Wheels hanging out the bottom or not, the basic fact is that a World War I biplane or monoplane could turn on a dime compared to many of the higher powered fighters of World War II, which generally could out turn a jet from the Korean War era.  Does that mean the Jet has to get into a circling battle? No, the jet can dictate the location and orientation of the battle by utilizing its superior speed to keep itself out of gun range of the slower, more maneuverable aircraft.

woodrowgraham #129 Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostCrag_r, on 09 October 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

So your telling me you don't understand the concept of the idea that a game in beta is not finished?
+1

woodrowgraham #130 Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostInventorOfEvil, on 06 January 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

Don't misconstrue constructive criticism with whining.

The fact of the matter is: New players, players that aren't dedicated such as us, aren't going to hang around 250 battles to get the hang of the game. They're going to play a couple, decide the controls are too janky and give up. A free to play game thrives on it's free to play constituency.
Yes i understand and also the new guy must understand that it is still in closed beta I am 8 weeks end and time and more playing time has made me better I still suck but not as bad. new patch has made game better also.

JRonnie #131 Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 79 battles

View Postwoodrowgraham, on 14 January 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Yes i understand and also the new guy must understand that it is still in closed beta I am 8 weeks end and time and more playing time has made me better I still suck but not as bad. new patch has made game better also.

The big problem with this mindset is that the competition has the jump on them.  They've released a very fun, and more importantly, easy for new players game which will quickly corner the market.  WG has to pull their finger out with WoWP and make the controls much more user friendly and somehow come up with a concept that will draw players away from the competition, and most importantly they have to do it quickly and get this on the market.  Wait too long and it's just going to be too difficult to draw the players away from the other game as they'll have way too much time invested in it.

NCO_Kinspel #132 Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Mate I'm in Australia too playing with about 300 ping don't give me that Bullcrap!!! Stop hold the SEA server as a godsend, us Aussies and Kiwis are going to be playing in the minority. You'll be lucky if english is the prescribed language. Historically speaking business that rush a product out to beat the competition don't do well while those that hold tight and release a good product do well. Princess of course the controls are a bit tougher to get your head around instead of four directions you now have six on top of that planes present a smaller target than a tank as well as a faster moving one. The easy mode anyone including grandma can play games are already out there usually found on console, Starfox can still be found too. As it stands the flight mechanics could be better however they don't require you to be a qualified pilot or have years of experience with flight sims. They do require you practice and adjust the default settings to be more suitable for you as does any game you wish to be good at.

"Come to the Darkside, we have rockets."

I drink the beer so you look better, both in the sky and on the ground.

Proof of ACE: IL-8 (G)

StockerXray #133 Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
For the love of god close this thread....

anzacjack #134 Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5 battles

View Postwoodrowgraham, on 05 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

I dont know about you guys but i paid alot of money ($0.00) to play this game and for the money i paid it should be perfect,
shame on WoWp for not Beta testing.The Devs should be working on all the things night and day.

No one should have any thing to say until they have 250 battle or so.
Time and  hard work by some tester and the Devs and new updates are making this Game better and better.
Thanks DEVS and tester for your time

if no one made any statements about flaws then i guess it would be hard to make improvements.
I sure most here understand they are playing an unfinished game and are not expecting a polished experience, however any problems should be posted so that game devs can identify the important points from the flaws that may not matter

anzacjack #135 Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5 battles

View Posttriptyx, on 14 January 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

Air combat isn't about circling each other and turn radius.  To say every higher tier aircraft should out turn a lower tier aircraft ignores the performance and handling characteristics of each plane.

Wheels hanging out the bottom or not, the basic fact is that a World War I biplane or monoplane could turn on a dime compared to many of the higher powered fighters of World War II, which generally could out turn a jet from the Korean War era.  Does that mean the Jet has to get into a circling battle? No, the jet can dictate the location and orientation of the battle by utilizing its superior speed to keep itself out of gun range of the slower, more maneuverable aircraft.

not really correct my friend.
the turning battle was indeed the way of things even into the early jets of korea and vietnam (pretty much until missiles became the preferred weapon. The advantages of the more powerful aircraft was the ability to outclimb the slower aircraft and then being able to drop back on them. They may have had a larger turning radius but because of greater power they had better armour and weapons. Maybe if you where talking modern jets against ww2 era aircraft your theory may stand but that is not the case here. Turning battles are how things were done with the superior aircraft packing more punch and being able to outclimb

edb6969 #136 Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 148 battles
I guess Im gonna be out of luck with this game. I could make the planes in bf1942 do anything with my mouse and keyboard. Here my ping is always between 150 - 260....
I can play WOT and have fun , and will play WOWS as well.
But my lagg is so bad it doesnt matter what my sens settings are ........im all over the screen, PERIOD.
Oh well guess I will just have to look forward to WOWS.
Just remember EVERYONE..............  HAVE FUN!!!!!  
My $2.50 all at once..
Peace

edb6969 #137 Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 148 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 28 December 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

There is 2 new control schemes Shooter Mouse and MouseJoy, have you tried those?  They are different compared to the Mouse 0.2.3 and Mouse 0.2.4.  If I remember correctly the Shooter Mouse puts the yaw on the right and left of the mouse where as the MouseJoy gives you the pitch when you move the mouse up or down and it just rolls the plane if you go right or left (instead of adding the yaw with the roll like the Mouse 0.2.3 and 0.2.4 does).

Just wondering where we find these new schemes????    Hmmmm?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users