56 replies to this topic

Shin204 #21 Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [FURHQ] FURHQ

View Postshiftyeyed, on 21 February 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

Just a note, it says the most likely have, not the do

They do, it was on the show 'future weapons" on history channel...the bald guy that show casses all the current/coming weapon systems.

k9catforce #22 Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 59 battles
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Chengdu_J-20

AHHHH!!!! SCARY!!!! :Smile_hiding:

JUST KIDDING! let's see how this chinese ingenuity works out...

Current military morale:

USA:   :Smile_honoring:  

Russia:  :Smile_sceptic:

China:  :Smile_trollface:
"Soldiers: don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you and enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you as cattle, as cannon fodder." - Charlie Chaplin

View Postnineshotwonder, on , said:

Because this is the internet and that would makes things too simple and easy to use.

colonelKORNFLAKES #23 Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
I like Trains :Smile_trollface:
"Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force:You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you"
"Good luck!
And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking."
Gen. Dwight D.Eisenhower, Supreme Allied Commander

razielkaine #24 Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
F35 is the Jsf  Right? Please don't say cancell,  Raaf  have purchased billions of dollars of these to provide our air superiority in our region.   They didn't turn up un time for when we had to retire our awesome f111 fleet and then we had to spend millions on happy super corners as ridiculously useless stop gaps:-(  what are we going to use if its cancelled, will we get our money Back?

I have always been a fan of Russian ingenuity  from the cold war onwards and their latest stealth jets kick ass.

sonza68 #25 Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
F-35 was indeed the winner of the JSF competition.

Ariecho #26 Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostDunewarrior, on 17 February 2012 - 03:03 AM, said:

Personally, I think they still are 10 yrs behind in engines.
That said, I saw once a shovelful of dirt thrown into a Mig21 engine with no trouble... and I was like :0 Holy shit.

True!  Russian engine technology is still obsolete, but the Russian philosophy had always been to flood the battlefield with equipment (tanks, aircraft, etc...).  So, they didn't expect any airman to survive the 500-hours the engine was supposed to last anyway.

Artemis87 #27 Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles
IMO, as long as i get air support while over seas i dont care what plane it is just glad for the support XD

aPyro_ #28 Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
Lol a SU-35BM is more agile than any American aircraft to date, guaranteed 100%

The simulation clearly shows American planes losing in visual range (circle fighting basically)combat. You can't argue against it trololol

WulfeHound #29 Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostaPyro_, on 07 March 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

Lol a SU-35BM is more agile than any American aircraft to date, guaranteed 100%

The simulation clearly shows American planes losing in visual range (circle fighting basically)combat. You can't argue against it trololol
It's a simulation. However, the Su-35BM is a 4++ generation fighter, as said by Sukhoi. The Raptor is Gen 5, has stealth, supermanuverability, etc. Also, can the Su-35BM have the nose pointed straight up, with 0 airspeed, and hover? The F-22 can and the pilot is in full control of the plane the entire time. Also, would you risk getting hypoxia or have a plane whose brakes failed on landing?

WulfeHound #30 Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
Also, I would like to see proof for your claim that the Su-35 is more maneuverable than any American aircraft to date. (I can think of quite a few that could out-turn it. For example, the P-26 'Peashooter', P-38 Lightning, P-51D Mustang, P-47N Thunderbolt, P-80 Shooting Star, F-86 Sabre, F-94 Starfire, F3D Skynight, F9F Panther, F6F Hellcat, P-61 Black Widow, F8F Bearcat, F7F Tigercat, and basically anything built before 1960.)

Pathblazer #31 Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View Postwulfhound, on 07 March 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

Also, I would like to see proof for your claim that the Su-35 is more maneuverable than any American aircraft to date. (I can think of quite a few that could out-turn it. For example, the P-26 'Peashooter', P-38 Lightning, P-51D Mustang, P-47N Thunderbolt, P-80 Shooting Star, F-86 Sabre, F-94 Starfire, F3D Skynight, F9F Panther, F6F Hellcat, P-61 Black Widow, F8F Bearcat, F7F Tigercat, and basically anything built before 1960.)
^This.
AMERICA! **** YEAH!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, MythBusters
"Yay~" -Fluttershy, MLP: Friendship is Magic

Elios0 #32 Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 27 battles
i think the F-22 is doomed for the most part i see the F-35 working out well but in 10 years expect unmanned front line fighters
and for all that "supermanuverability" the Russain fighters have goodluck in a dogfight with a drone what has +/-20g limits and can do 12+g turns all day no human can do that

Compass 6HV_______________________________25% Edge 540

Ariecho #33 Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View Postwulfhound, on 07 March 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

It's a simulation. However, the Su-35BM is a 4++ generation fighter, as said by Sukhoi. The Raptor is Gen 5, has stealth, supermanuverability, etc. Also, can the Su-35BM have the nose pointed straight up, with 0 airspeed, and hover? The F-22 can and the pilot is in full control of the plane the entire time. Also, would you risk getting hypoxia or have a plane whose brakes failed on landing?

Last time I checked, it was the F-22 that had problems with oxygen supply, if I'm not mistaken.

WulfeHound #34 Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostAriecho, on 15 April 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

Last time I checked, it was the F-22 that had problems with oxygen supply, if I'm not mistaken.
That's why I said 'hypoxia or failing brakes'. Raptor pilots were inhaling CO instead of oxygen from the life-support systems. So, would you rather have a stealthy aircraft that can kill you due to O2deprivation or a plane that will kill you when the brakes fail on a wet runway and you can't stop?

Apocalypse73 #35 Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [C_A_D] C_A_D

View PostJetfire13, on 15 December 2011 - 06:07 PM, said:

and it wouldnt have been possible if BAE systems didnt develop the Stealth plating/coating for the F-22 http://forum.worldof...fault/smile.gif

you have to remember that the coating was orginally developed for the Stealth bomber .. and A117 ... then the raptor i believe...

Apocalypse73 #36 Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [C_A_D] C_A_D

View PostElios0, on 12 April 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

i think the F-22 is doomed for the most part i see the F-35 working out well but in 10 years expect unmanned front line fighters
and for all that "supermanuverability" the Russain fighters have goodluck in a dogfight with a drone what has +/-20g limits and can do 12+g turns all day no human can do that
what you mean 10 years .. lol we use them now .. while not a average size plane .. there are still attack drones .. that are used for counter evasion and for first strike targets.

Elios0 #37 Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 27 battles
i see a blend of the two
think 2 F-22s and 4 drones 2 per maned plane

think out running a BVR missile sucks wait till some one trys to deal with a stealthy drone with a gun in it >.> or the drone can have smaller heat seakers in it
ether way a drone can make 12+ g turns all day and not care

Compass 6HV_______________________________25% Edge 540

Crag_r #38 Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [ARMDA] ARMDA

View Postrazielkaine, on 28 February 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

F35 is the Jsf  Right? Please don't say cancell,  Raaf  have purchased billions of dollars of these to provide our air superiority in our region.   They didn't turn up un time for when we had to retire our awesome f111 fleet and then we had to spend millions on happy super corners as ridiculously useless stop gaps:-(  what are we going to use if its cancelled, will we get our money Back?

I have always been a fan of Russian ingenuity  from the cold war onwards and their latest stealth jets kick ass.

No the F-35 program will not be cancelled (just a little late), the US Navy/Marines are looking at this program for a leading ground attack role for carrier ops into the future. And it is a primarily a ground attack Aircraft we have our F-18s (A and F versions) for Air supremacy in the region, both are not useless stop gaps but have been heavily upgraded from the original to still perform well into the future. :Smile_honoring:

Per Ardua ad Astra "Through Adversity to the Stars"

Royal Australian Air Force

FRAG

Heh #39 Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postwulfhound, on 07 March 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Actually, the SU-35BM also has supermaneuverability since the original SU-35 has it. And please, you're stating the Cobra tactic, something the SU-27 could do and that the Eagle could not. The reason the Raptor can outdo the SU-27 is the high stealth (50% radar visibility, although the F-19 completely owns it in that perspective with lower radar cross-section than a DUCK and the same heat level as the background. Good thing it's hopefully slower).

But yeah, the Raptor is a viable competitor to the SU-35 atm, since one has stealth, reliability and medium range missiles and being stupidly expensive to make while one has very long range missiles, faster sprints, while keeping the same maneuverability and a cheaper cost but also losing stealth and reliability.
Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

Crag_r #40 Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [ARMDA] ARMDA

View PostHeh, on 19 June 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

Actually, the SU-35BM also has supermaneuverability since the original SU-35 has it. And please, you're stating the Cobra tactic, something the SU-27 could do and that the Eagle could not. The reason the Raptor can outdo the SU-27 is the high stealth (50% radar visibility, although the F-19 completely owns it in that perspective with lower radar cross-section than a DUCK and the same heat level as the background. Good thing it's hopefully slower).

But yeah, the Raptor is a viable competitor to the SU-35 atm, since one has stealth, reliability and medium range missiles and being stupidly expensive to make while one has very long range missiles, faster sprints, while keeping the same maneuverability and a cheaper cost but also losing stealth and reliability.

Missile range has to do with the missiles armed, not the Airframe???

Per Ardua ad Astra "Through Adversity to the Stars"

Royal Australian Air Force

FRAG

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users