F-22 Raptor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

Jetfire13 #1 Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 22 battles
and it wouldnt have been possible if BAE systems didnt develop the Stealth plating/coating for the F-22 :)

Pablo237 #2 Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

F-22 and F-35 sucks. Nuff said.

GeorgePatton #3 Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1608 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostKanga, on 20 December 2011 - 10:56 AM, said:

You guys know too much >.> *loads silenced pistol*

Haha! Nah, they don't know anything about this program...

Cheers!
Glenn

Not saying that I do know anything about it BTW.

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Pablo237 #4 Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:57 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
One thing that surprises me is that all this money has been spent to develop this Aircraft along with the production of 187 jets, and yet it hasn't performed a single mission in either Iraq and Afghanistan. And yet people and the media is out there constantly claiming it is the best fighter jet out there in the world.

Truth is this is just another case of propaganda spewed out by the media. And people just gobble it up and believe everything they are told.

And people's claims that the US is the greatest military superpower in the world just because we have the largest military expenditure than any other country is false.

The truth is that they overspend on development and production of these new weapons and technologies that in end they still don't deliver the product they paid for and the projects come to a crash with their cancellation. All that money spent trying to produce the most state of the art weapon and it's just thrown away and they still are left with the Weapon their project was meant to replace. It's pathetic.

There are many examples to prove my point. Anybody remember Crusader? The auto-reloading SPG that was to replace the M109 howitzer that has been in service with the Army since the Vietnam War.

Development of this SPG started in the early 1990s. The development price went up $11 billion by 2001. By 2002, the unit cost of just 1 Crusader had risen to $25 dollars. It was cancelled in the end.

Another example is the Boeing-Sikorsky RAH-66 Comanche, you all remember the Commanche right? The new state of the art Stealth Helicopter.

6.9 billion dollars and 2 prototypes later we get nothing. The project is cancelled in 2004. And we still are left to use the Huey Cobra Helicopters the Commanche was meant to replace.

Remember the NLOS Cannon has was meant to replace the Paladin Howitzer? Well that cancelled in 2009.

http://www.dodbuzz.c...-fcs-cancelled/

So looks like another failure.

The F-22 suffered the same fate when it was cancelled and is no longer in production. And the F-35 Fighter is following the same footsteps all these other weapon projects faced. I won't be surprised if the F-35 gets cancelled. It's just History repeating itself.

WulfeHound #5 Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostPablo237, on 28 December 2011 - 05:25 PM, said:

F-22 and F-35 sucks. Nuff said.
Hi, this is sturmvogel in my WoT account. Basically what you're saying with this video is that Russian/Soviet aviation is better than American/British/etc? Let's start with the beginning. In WWI, the Russian air force was crap. In WWII, it wasn't until 1943 that good Soviet aircraft arrived and even those were worse than contemporary American and British designs. In Korea, the MiG-15 had the unfortunate problem of breaking apart at near Mach 1. In Viet Nam, MiG-`7's and -21's were inferior in range and weapons compared to the F-4 and F-8. In the 80's and 90's, specifically the First Gulf War, large amounts of MiG-29's were shot down by F-15 Eagles, even though the pilots of the MiGs were the best in the Iraqui air force. Oh, sure, an Su-37 can do a Pugachev's cobra, but the F-22 has stealth and will shoot it down before the Su-37 knows what hit them.

This rant has been brought to you by the US Air Force.

Trophy_Wench #6 Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1471 battles
  • [TWE] TWE
Ooh I see the 'Russia Stroong' crew is out in force in this thread! :Grabs popcorn:

And the LockMart bashers too, this is getting good!  :rolleyes:

commando2227 #7 Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
Lulz Trophy.The scene is unfolding.

WoWp drinking game: Drink when a post about being accepted into CBT,how Brit/Japanese planes should be added,about why no beta key yet, a thread that should be in beta section is in open section or how something should be added when devs have said no.

Trophy_Wench #8 Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1471 battles
  • [TWE] TWE
lol the great thing about this is that since there are so few people on this forum, it's going to be the worlds slowest flame-war! :lol:

WulfeHound #9 Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostTrophy_Wench, on 06 February 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

Ooh I see the 'Russia Stroong' crew is out in force in this thread! :Grabs popcorn:

And the LockMart bashers too, this is getting good!  :rolleyes:
I'm not bashing Lockheed-Martin. My grandfather worked there post-WWII and I respect the company. Also, to continue my rant, the MiG-29 and Su-35,37, etc. may be able to do the Pugachev's Cobra, but the F-22 can do this at very slow speeds and the pilot will still be in control. Going back to the MiG-15, it used a British, yep a British, Rolls-Royce Nene jet engine which was reverse-engineered as the Klimov RD-45. If the Brits didn't give the Soviets this engine and the license to build it, then the Soviets would still be using German jet engine designs and those were at their design limits. The MiG-9 was powered by two RD-20 engines, which were renamed BMW 003's. If it weren't for the British, Soviet jet engine design would have been severely set back.

Trophy_Wench #10 Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1471 battles
  • [TWE] TWE
Oh don't get me wrong wulfhound, I'm on your side on this one personally, but come on. You knew where this thread was going the moment Pablo237 posted!  :P

XenomorphZZ #11 Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 2 battles
  • [RSRC] RSRC
Huh, how does airforces from the 1940's have any relevance to the capabilities of todays fighters? Another thing about that 'report' from that australian simulation company didnt really explain what happend to the F-22s during those simulations of Red vs Blue, it was alluded that the F-22s never caught the SUzies and were all knocked out when the F-22 were undergoing inflight refueling... it seems like Red team had a significant inteligence advantage over Blue team...

Another thing is, while the F-35 seems to be a waste, we havent tested them in combat agianst the Flankers and her ilk yet, same for the F-22, however its widely accepeted that the Raptor is a much better air to air fighter than the F-35. I have no issues with Su-37s clubbing F-18E/Fs from the sky, seems totally accurate.
"Scouts come in all shapes and sizes, however not all are created equal"
"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."-Plato

shiftyeyed #12 Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [R0GUE] R0GUE
The f-35 wasnt designed to compete with the f-22 it was made to replace the archaic harrier

WulfeHound #13 Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postshiftyeyed, on 13 February 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

The f-35 wasnt designed to compete with the f-22 it was made to replace the archaic harrier
The F-35 is designed to supplement the Raptor and replace the Harrier (in the Marines), replace the F/A-18 Hornets (not the Super Bugs) still in service in the Navy, and replace the F-16 and A-10 in the Air Force.

WulfeHound #14 Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostXenomorphZZ, on 13 February 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Huh, how does airforces from the 1940's have any relevance to the capabilities of todays fighters?
The reason why I brought up air forces from the 40's and 50's is because those fighters paved the way for the ones of today. The Soviet jet program was severely behind compared to the British and Americans. If it weren't for the gift of a Nene turbojet, the Soviets would be behind 10-15 years in engine design compared to us.

Dunewarrior #15 Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3 battles

View Postwulfhound, on 14 February 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

The reason why I brought up air forces from the 40's and 50's is because those fighters paved the way for the ones of today. The Soviet jet program was severely behind compared to the British and Americans. If it weren't for the gift of a Nene turbojet, the Soviets would be behind 10-15 years in engine design compared to us.

Personally, I think they still are 10 yrs behind in engines.
That said, I saw once a shovelful of dirt thrown into a Mig21 engine with no trouble... and I was like :0 Holy shit.

Made by RexTheMex

Shin204 #16 Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [FURHQ] FURHQ
Arnt the Russians known for so crude its effective tech? I mean we ALL know American tech is so far ahead of Russiantech its pittiful...but what the Russians have on America is the KIS Keep It Simple idea...which does work i mean their designs are versatile effective and egnerally cheaper and more durable then all the computers and shit in any Amreican thing ( they even try strapping computers to uniforms) and Lets face it...Computers DO have glitches * drops EMP bomb* that's most US tech useless which leaves Russian mostly mechanical tech still useful.

shiftyeyed #17 Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [R0GUE] R0GUE
isnt currently a an emp bomb that i know of. and that fries electronics. not just computers so it would take out any modern jet. But yeah the currrent helmets with the HUDS amd targeting built in are like 2.5mil a piece or something

Shin204 #18 Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [FURHQ] FURHQ

View Postshiftyeyed, on 20 February 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

isnt currently a an emp bomb that i know of. and that fries electronics. not just computers so it would take out any modern jet. But yeah the currrent helmets with the HUDS amd targeting built in are like 2.5mil a piece or something

I realise it would fry modern jet's but still im willing to bet Russian jets still use analog instruments, if i remember correctly F-22 didnt even have the main 4 analog as back up! (im talking, IAS, Alt, Heading, and Horizon) you REALLY need those fly anything over 100 feet off the ground ( i listed the main 4 at least)
http://www.geocities...gc/cockpit3.jpg -F22 cockpit, NO fail safes...To me that's a dangerous situation.

And there been working EMP since the invention of the nuke, explode a nuke high altitude and you got a EMP field that will cover aprox all of US.

AS well as the states has a none nuclear EMP.

http://science.howst...com/e-bomb3.htm

Eyeless_Camper #19 Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 19 battles
thats a awefully big cost :/
you could get 3-4 Swedish JAS 39 Gripen for that amount of money :)

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the a** with a banjo”
-Chief Officer Steward Dogan on the USS Gurnard

shiftyeyed #20 Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [R0GUE] R0GUE

View PostShin204, on 20 February 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

AS well as the states has a none nuclear EMP.

http://science.howst...com/e-bomb3.htm
Just a note, it says the most likely have, not the do

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users