Skill based MM

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Dirizon #81 Posted 16 October 2022 - 12:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 77 battles

View Postdesert786, on 15 October 2022 - 07:45 PM, said:

having the if i can see it. it doesn't effect me mindset is very ignorant I a game. and screaming at people that have lots of experience that they are wrong

Having the mindset of::

''what is the air speed velocity of an laden swallow''

''the goose can float at 4knots''

Thats also a very ignorant attitude, isn't it. Farming low tiers is part of the problem I am addressing. Because you labelled it, doesn't mean it isn't a problem

As I said, air superiority. Air superiority can mean multirole, fighter, or heavy. When I get there, it'll be subject to change in what I see. 

But the experience seen now doesn't change the fact that 1 team gets 1 guy who plays for air superiority, and the other doesn't

SBMM is a bad idea. However, if you have 50 ppl playing, you need it to balance a grossly shriveled pool of players available. If we were to have 5,000 - it would not be a problem

Get some experience with how SBMM caters to massive online games before you start making clueless retorts

Dirizon #82 Posted 16 October 2022 - 12:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 77 battles

and the idea of someone farming low tiers, and getting 15,000 pts time and time again, well HE KNOWS what he is doing, doesn't he. Whether a farm scrub or not, it isn't to say he don't know what he is doing. What kind of stupid argument is that. We aren't talking about what he does in tiers I don't see  (what you label, not farming)  We are talking about what he does when I see it. The higher I go, again subject to change. But given so few ppl, its very doubtful

A grade 7 bully beats up on grade 2 kids because he is twice their size and thinks he is clever, at least more so than kids. Well, I understand, its bad for gamer health (school yard kids morale)  Sure. But it don't detract the point, that he DOES in fact know how to bully kids and where to do it? Holy moly guacamole. 

Dirizon #83 Posted 16 October 2022 - 12:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 77 battles

https://i.postimg.cc/pL1byyx9/WoWP.jpg

This happens everygame. And to say its low tier farming is irrelevant. Identifying the causal agent means nothing if no attempt to remove its toxicity on the host is taken. What kind of reaction is that. Whether by heavy, fighter, multirole - it don't matter. SKBMM needs air superiority matching. By player WR and air DPG. I don't care about waiting, I'm already waiting as it is per match, because of our 50 ppl pool

pedro1_3 #84 Posted 16 October 2022 - 03:19 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4168 battles
  • [GAVCA] GAVCA

View PostDirizon, on 16 October 2022 - 12:44 PM, said:

This happens everygame. And to say its low tier farming is irrelevant. Identifying the causal agent means nothing if no attempt to remove its toxicity on the host is taken. What kind of reaction is that. Whether by heavy, fighter, multirole - it don't matter. SKBMM needs air superiority matching. By player WR and air DPG. I don't care about waiting, I'm already waiting as it is per match, because of our 50 ppl pool

Posting a Skillfire image and using that as your argument? Is this a massive skill issue I see? No that guy is not at all skilled, he is a 1200 elo player and you are a 1100 elo that can't deal with a basic roadblock on your way, and that roadblock would be ways there for you to bang your head around because you are bad at the game.

Not only that you are playing a underpowered class at tier 3, that being GAAs, and from the low score and chevrons I see you are probably not doing what a Ground Attack Aircraft should be doing, because by the time a bristol could get 14000 PP you should alredy have 50 GT sections destroyed, 130-200 CP and 3 sectors captured.

Also SBMM is one of the main factors that killed WoWP 1.0 specifically because it's basically impossible to quantify how good a player is at a flying an aircraft enought to make it so both sides are equal, it would take 10+ minutes to find a game and most people that are flying right now are not going to wait for that long, in fact any more than 5 minutes is unacceptable to 99,9% of the players in general.

CorvusCorvax #85 Posted 16 October 2022 - 04:20 PM

Colonel

• 7627 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostDirizon, on 16 October 2022 - 04:44 AM, said:

Get some actual experience with the game, then your opinion might mean something.  Folks who have actually been around a while have seen things you have not.

You don't care about waiting?  How about 5 minutes or more, per match?  Well, *I* care, and I won't wait that long for a match - and, as has been demonstrated before in WoWP, other people will not wait, either.  The reason we have such a low population now is because of matchmaking tweaks requested by the smoothbrained.

Ultimately, your demand is laughable.  There is no way to eliminate low-tier bullies without diminishing the population that plays those tiers.  There is no way to have skill matchmaking and have even two humans in the same battle with a reasonable queue time (already been demonstrated in v1.6).  Finally, changing the matchmaker requires programming personnel, which requires resources.  Unless there is a demonstrated ROI for your demand, the folks that control the flow of money in the game will just laugh at you.

Your lack of experience at this game (2.0 being a distinctly different game than 1.x) means that your opinion holds no weight.  In the meantime, really, all you can do is learn how to play THIS game, and get better at playing it.  Those are the things under your control, and ultimately, when WG decides not to repeat the 1.4 -> 1.5 mistake because a 400-battle player demanded it, you'll be better off.

I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #86 Posted 16 October 2022 - 07:01 PM

Major

• 1937 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

yeah, SBMM cannot be the focus here

and can't really work at the present time

it's like trying to achieve the perfect color for blue kool-aid

and not fix it's wretched flavor

sorry, not enough people play to use a skill based team sorting mm

that's just the plain truth

Dirizon #87 Posted 16 October 2022 - 09:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 77 battles

View Postpedro1_3, on 16 October 2022 - 03:19 PM, said:

Not only that you are playing a underpowered class at tier 3, that being GAAs, and from the low score and chevrons I see you are probably not doing what a Ground Attack Aircraft should be doing, because by the time a bristol could get 14000 PP you should alredy have 50 GT sections destroyed, 130-200 CP and 3 sectors captured.

We are not disputing what isn't or what is a road block. We are disputing that time and time again, 1 teams gets air superiority, another team doesn't. 

Why don't you drop down to the tier and show me shots of 1 team and the other? I want to see them, 1 team having complete control of the air and the other team without it. And don't be the boob in the fighter dealing the 15k, play it as a GA. I can't perform the role of a GAA because I'm not allowed to. because 1 team doesn't have any air defense, because 1 team doesn't get fighter support and the other team does. So I am forced to do fly defensively and be adhoc fighter support or the team would lose even quicker. Like we are talking about over 50% added air damage over you, if I were to compare. Because I am forced into it. In my games, if we were to *double* my GT damage, like say yours - I wouldn't be winning these games if I had the ground attack damage. Doubling my damn GT damage wouldn't even decide 5% of my battles I see so far

You ppl are the type of ppl that advocate SKBMM when a game like WoT, that would have 20,000 people on. You ppl are a joke. Get more experience in what fair is, and isn't. And that fair should be applied everywhere (yes including where currently not played, but still there)  You pathetic ppl ARE the fighters that get the 15k and the other team doesn't get one. I am not JUDGING the fighter that does that. I am saying, put 1 on each team or don't flipping start the battle

Dirizon #88 Posted 16 October 2022 - 09:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 77 battles

Oh, and lack of relevance in remarks tends to produce opinions holding no weight, as well. 

I don't care about waiting. If I have to wait 1:45 right now -> I'd rather wait 8-10min alt tabbed waiting for a battle that would at least be quality.

Don't want to wait for quality battles? Leave. You aren't needed, uninstall. There is no money in this. What do you think WGs revenue stream is. Think hard. If you are capable of it 

CorvusCorvax #89 Posted 16 October 2022 - 09:30 PM

Colonel

• 7627 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostDirizon, on 16 October 2022 - 01:23 PM, said:

You pathetic ppl ARE the fighters that get the 15k and the other team doesn't get one. I am not JUDGING the fighter that does that. I am saying, put 1 on each team or don't flipping start the battle

When you learn how to play, you'll understand.  You'll understand even more when you get good.

Until that time, you're just wasting electrons and causing laughter.  Just stop.

Pssssst:  You've already been told - long queue times have already been tried, and failed.  You lose.

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 16 October 2022 - 09:31 PM.

CorvusCorvax #90 Posted 16 October 2022 - 11:21 PM

Colonel

• 7627 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 16 October 2022 - 02:06 PM, said:

you're doing it again bro,

Yeah.  Feelings are stronger than facts.

pedro1_3 #91 Posted 17 October 2022 - 12:54 AM

Master Sergeant

• 4168 battles
  • [GAVCA] GAVCA

View PostDirizon, on 16 October 2022 - 09:23 PM, said:

Why don't you drop down to the tier and show me shots of 1 team and the other? I want to see them, 1 team having complete control of the air and the other team without it. And don't be the boob in the fighter dealing the 15k, play it as a GA. I can't perform the role of a GAA because I'm not allowed to. because 1 team doesn't have any air defense, because 1 team doesn't get fighter support and the other team does. So I am forced to do fly defensively and be adhoc fighter support or the team would lose even quicker. Like we are talking about over 50% added air damage over you, if I were to compare. Because I am forced into it. In my games, if we were to *double* my GT damage, like say yours - I wouldn't be winning these games if I had the ground attack damage. Doubling my damn GT damage wouldn't even decide 5% of my battles I see so far

That bristol is what you call "A strong pilot", he barrely did anything to any capture point(because I'm in the match to make him do noting), meanwhile my 7k GT damage got the win like it would do to you.

jack_wdw #92 Posted 17 October 2022 - 06:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4681 battles

Why would skill based MM imply long queues?
1.9 fixed that problem already with the introduction of bots.
Might be a higher chance of bots in games, but the long queues have been history since 1.9 and the introduction of bots.

People abandoned the game because of 1.5 and long queues, people abandoned the game because of 1.9 and introduction of bots,  people abandoned the game because of 2.0, hell i even see people abandoning the game now because of too many human players (CIS@EU),...
There will always people that are leaving the game and all might have different reasons for leaving.
Problem is attracting and retaining new players, and i think that is even more important than the latter.

MM is really off as one can witness especially on EU lately (with introduction of CIS players)
This is proof that current MM can't even handle battles with a lot of humans.
Doing nothing will also make players leave and definitely won't attract and retain new players.

Edited by jack_wdw, 17 October 2022 - 06:16 AM.

This account is the family car, my other car is wack007@eu

Anciano7 #93 Posted 17 October 2022 - 07:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 228 battles
  • [GOM] GOM
Skill based is hard especially when the tank of skill is almost depleted. :hiding:

teksetta #94 Posted 24 October 2022 - 02:02 AM

Senior Airman

• 11 battles

I remember when this game was REALLY fun with actual PvP battles as the emphasis. Back in the days I would play constantly because it was based on humans and not bots that rarely have any faults or changes. The game mechanics at that point were spot on and AA and strategy really did matter. Now After trying the game again from years of leaving its just a complete mess... Just my 2 cents.

Teksetta

cundalini_ #95 Posted 24 October 2022 - 02:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 224 battles

Blast from the past.  Wonder who's next.  Kurd?

Some keys to this game now are fully spec'd planes with fully upgraded equipment, 5-6 skill pilots.  Heavies travel faster between caps and are best counter to bombers/GA.  This is now a game of domination, not deathmatch.  Anniversaries haven't returned yet.

I wonder if you're in one of my old 1.2.3 replays...

The_real_Gouldy #96 Posted 24 October 2022 - 03:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles

View Postteksetta, on 23 October 2022 - 10:02 PM, said:

I remember when this game was REALLY fun with actual PvP battles as the emphasis. Back in the days I would play constantly because it was based on humans and not bots that rarely have any faults or changes. The game mechanics at that point were spot on and AA and strategy really did matter. Now After trying the game again from years of leaving its just a complete mess... Just my 2 cents.

Teksetta

B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O & teksetta was his name-O

Dirizon #97 Posted 30 October 2022 - 07:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 77 battles

View Postpedro1_3, on 17 October 2022 - 12:54 AM, said:

That bristol is what you call "A strong pilot", he barrely did anything to any capture point(because I'm in the match to make him do noting), meanwhile my 7k GT damage got the win like it would do to you.

Your team had the only fighter in the game. Are you trying to prove my point? Your teams fighter (the one guy) did double what the opponents teams fighters did

Edited by MIrall, 30 October 2022 - 11:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users