Skill based MM

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Dirizon #1 Posted 03 October 2022 - 06:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 77 battles
I first want to point out I hate skill based MM. But in order to have any sort of semblance of *'random'* battle, we need populace. And what we have isn't populace, its a collection of 27 people and bots. I wasn't keen to budge on skill based queue back when I was playing pre 2.0 because we had hundreds of players, not 27 and there weren't bots to fill out spaces. Why doesn't WoWP have in the top corner current population like world of tanks? Because they are embarrassed to show its 27 people? 37 people? 47? When you have 47 people, you NEED skill based queue to avoid total disaster. I don't care if it effects queue time, because we already have long queue time and bots.

Dirizon #2 Posted 03 October 2022 - 07:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 77 battles

https://i.imgur.com/MXjhzFp.jpg

This happens every game.

One team gets a fighter.

The other teams gets to cry in a corner and die.

And hope next battle their team gets the fighter

Edited by Dirizon, 03 October 2022 - 07:23 AM.

dzeddle #3 Posted 03 October 2022 - 07:31 AM

Senior Airman

• 117 battles
  • [GOM] GOM

https://steamcharts.com/app/790710 Your population count is just a little off.

I have no problem with the game except for a few minor issues.If this game made me as UNHAPPY as it seems to have made YOU,,I would just simply NOT play the game anymore. You seem to have outgrown the game,it happens,Time to move on-is my best advice.

Dirizon #4 Posted 03 October 2022 - 07:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 77 battles

please do not make me laugh. 160 players isn't a convincing argument, its proving my point.

first of all you do not play the game. You play harass people on the forums who play the game

Lets get 1,600 players. Then we can think of random battle

While we sit here in 160 player cesspit, SKBB. 

Corsair4790805 #5 Posted 03 October 2022 - 08:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3499 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

I think that player count is only applicable to people playing through Steam.  It's more than 160 people.  I'd say it's in the low 1,000s on NA.

Edited by Corsair4790805, 03 October 2022 - 08:53 AM.

The_real_Gouldy #6 Posted 03 October 2022 - 12:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles

View PostCorsair4790805, on 03 October 2022 - 04:53 AM, said:

I think that player count is only applicable to people playing through Steam.  It's more than 160 people.  I'd say it's in the low 1,000s on NA.

The total of active players is in the low thousands but the important number is current player count online.

gerr22 #7 Posted 03 October 2022 - 12:33 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 9305 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

WOW really amazing start to the week

RoIand #8 Posted 03 October 2022 - 12:47 PM

• 6801 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Somehow I haven't really understood your suggestion yet.
Let's leave aside whether we have an average of 160 or 1000 active players in the game.
If there are few players, a skill-based MM only leads to the fact that you actually always get an all-bot game. 
Is that what you like better than a team setup that leads sometimes to the disadvantage of one side?

According to the law of large numbers, the imbalance would eventually even out. So you're on the winning side just as often as the losing side.

Edited by RoIand, 03 October 2022 - 12:50 PM.

CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 03 October 2022 - 01:28 PM

Colonel

• 7627 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostDirizon, on 02 October 2022 - 10:33 PM, said:

I first want to point out I hate skill based MM. But in order to have any sort of semblance of *'random'* battle, we need populace. And what we have isn't populace, its a collection of 27 people and bots. I wasn't keen to budge on skill based queue back when I was playing pre 2.0 because we had hundreds of players, not 27 and there weren't bots to fill out spaces. Why doesn't WoWP have in the top corner current population like world of tanks? Because they are embarrassed to show its 27 people? 37 people? 47? When you have 47 people, you NEED skill based queue to avoid total disaster. I don't care if it effects queue time, because we already have long queue time and bots.

Your silly interaction with the forum troll aside (just ignore him, because he hates that the most), "fixing" the matchmaker was the huge 1.4 -> 1.5 mistake.

No, WG should NOT play with the MM, at all.  They should never touch it, ever again.  Fix everything else first, give us Clan Wars (or some clan content), THEN, after all that is done, Supertest MM changes for 6 months, and accept the feedback.

I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

decretum_1 #10 Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:02 PM

Airman Basic

• 1064 battles
Sorry, how many active players are on the NA server then?

CorvusCorvax #11 Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:22 PM

Colonel

• 7627 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postdecretum_1, on 03 October 2022 - 09:02 AM, said:

Sorry,howmanyactiveplayersareontheNAserverthen?

cobra_marksman #12 Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 14991 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

The game in itself due to its complexity, now sends players in all different directions chasing missions along with trying to complete weekly & monthly events.

There were times thru my own ignorance, i would blame.... the MM, -- the players, -- the Bots -- & then, maybe the game itself. :hiding:

Only to come to the conclusion, that it was really ..."   none of the above ". :facepalm:

They at times try to fill everyone's expectations in one simple flying game, and most of the time it works.

With the introduction of Bots & Events you no longer can think of this game in terms of " win & losses " 

In case you missed it, they did modify the Daily missions & removed most of the " Must win requirements "

Even the events are not tied to the must win also, as to allow players to accomplish them without putting pressure on the players, or the game,... to complete them.

So, if you are locked on a " Must Win " scenario for all battles, grab a wingman so that you Both know what you are exactly looking to accomplish. :great:

Try enjoying the game for what it was intended to accomplish.......... Fun & Enjoyment:) :teethhappy: :D

Edited by cobra_marksman, 03 October 2022 - 07:12 PM.

Buddha_13 #13 Posted 03 October 2022 - 07:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4857 battles
  • [BSSF] BSSF

View Postcobra_marksman, on 03 October 2022 - 09:35 AM, said:

The game in itself due to its complexity, now sends players in all different directions chasing missions along with trying to complete weekly & monthly events.

There were times thru my own ignorance, i would blame.... the MM, -- the players, -- the Bots -- & then, maybe the game itself. :hiding:

Only to come to the conclusion, that it was really ..."   none of the above ". :facepalm:

They at times try to fill everyone's expectations in one simple flying game, and most of the time it works.

With the introduction of Bots & Events you no longer can think of this game in terms of " win & losses " 

In case you missed it, they did modify the Daily missions & removed most of the " Must win requirements "

Even the events are not tied to the must win also, as to allow players to accomplish them without putting pressure on the players, or the game,... to complete them.

So, if you are locked on a " Must Win " scenario for all battles, grab a wingman so that you Both know what you are exactly looking to accomplish. :great:

Try enjoying the game for what it was intended to accomplish.......... Fun & Enjoyment:) :teethhappy: :D

Right on.  Case in point, I'm stuck on Good Results for a long time, debating if I should defend a sector for the tokens or go for a win.  As in life, there are different priorities.

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 03 October 2022 - 09:22 AM, said:

Sometimes zero, even that it's an overstatement.

As I mentioned in previous posts, you can tell from WoWp having no login home screen updates, but WoT & WoWs there are so many updates I couldn't even keep track of them all.

Edited by Buddha_13, 03 October 2022 - 07:34 PM.

Airman_No_23903 #14 Posted 03 October 2022 - 08:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2094 battles

Flying only ground target attack aircraft in T3 and T4 will not bring you back the fun of this game. 
Hiding with ground attack planes is no longer possible. You will be seen by everyone immediately and will be an easy target without cover.

Edited by Airman_No_23903, 03 October 2022 - 09:37 PM.

Anciano7 #15 Posted 03 October 2022 - 10:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 228 battles
  • [GOM] GOM

I rarely have an all bot battle,I seem to have alot more human vs human battles than all bot battles,The number count of humans will vary but still more human vs human battles than not.I see that ALOT of you have more posts on the forum than you do battles maybe just maybe that might be why no humans are playing cuz they are all here posting rubbish.Forum Less Play More.

I'd say just guesstimating that I probably get only 1 all bot battle out of maybe 10 or 12 battles.So the population maybe low but not that low.Look there aint nothing on the planet that cant be IMPROVED upon but generally and overall I am content with the game as is.

More people,  sure .  leave everything else alone.  So come on fellas lets get off this forum and have some fun battling each other in the sky. Get a little self-respect and bring your battle count higher than your post's on the forum count.I bet that alone will help your happy factor with the game, Let's Roll Pilots!  o7

Edited by Anciano7, 03 October 2022 - 10:16 PM.

The_real_Gouldy #16 Posted 03 October 2022 - 11:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles

View PostAnciano7, on 03 October 2022 - 06:14 PM, said:

I rarely have an all bot battle,I seem to have alot more human vs human battles than all bot battles,The number count of humans will vary but still more human vs human battles than not.I see that ALOT of you have more posts on the forum than you do battles maybe just maybe that might be why no humans are playing cuz they are all here posting rubbish.Forum Less Play More.

I'd say just guesstimating that I probably get only 1 all bot battle out of maybe 10 or 12 battles.So the population maybe low but not that low.Look there aint nothing on the planet that cant be IMPROVED upon but generally and overall I am content with the game as is.

More people,  sure .  leave everything else alone.  So come on fellas lets get off this forum and have some fun battling each other in the sky. Get a little self-respect and bring your battle count higher than your post's on the forum count.I bet that alone will help your happy factor with the game, Let's Roll Pilots!  o7

Maybe the guy with no less than 6 posts in this thread on two accounts should take his own advice.

TeamTerrence #17 Posted 04 October 2022 - 12:11 AM

• 6 battles
  • [SS-G2] SS-G2

View PostThe_real_Gouldy, on 03 October 2022 - 06:39 PM, said:

Maybe the guy with no less than 6 posts in this thread on two accounts should take his own advice.

Sorry!! i farted and out came a 3rd account posting in this thread.

My bat sense has a funny way of alerting me

CorvusCorvax #18 Posted 04 October 2022 - 01:05 AM

Colonel

• 7627 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostThe_real_Gouldy, on 03 October 2022 - 03:39 PM, said:

Aaaaaand, he reels in another one.

The_real_Gouldy #19 Posted 04 October 2022 - 01:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 03 October 2022 - 09:05 PM, said:

Aaaaaand, he reels in another one.

You are mistaken sir.

ItsSubmersible #20 Posted 04 October 2022 - 02:16 AM

• 8219 battles
WOW's is testing cross server MM in next release. If it works out maybe wowp can borrow some of the tech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users