bugs

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

desert786 #1 Posted 05 September 2022 - 11:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 23249 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

might as well make a useful post about common ongoing bugs i have encountered and are still active. to the best of my knowledge.  Feel free to add bugs that i miss.

Activated pilot skill: the icon will activate during your first match, sometimes restating client will fix this, but it will only be for 1 match

Mug/Oil on screen: when u get close to the ground or take engine damage oil/mud get on your screen for the rest of the match, even after respawning

Hud bug: there are a number of different hub bugs so this is a catch all. generally u will re-spawn or just spawn into a match without HUD. sometimes this is brought on by a game crash sometimes not

Camera re-spawn: sometimes when spectating a ally when waiting to re-spawn your camera will be locked onto spectated plane when you re-spawn 

Black hole in skybox of Road to Rome

Planes spawning invisible:  every once in awhile u will see and invisible bot, i have seen the cause of this? the plane re-spawns they the plane model falls away. I think its a client side bug, because sometimes the bot will be visible to your flight-mate. very odd

Air Defense aircraft(ADA) hit boxes turning off, close to or post squall: some ADA will spawn without or with displaced hit boxes near or post squall making damaging them difficult.

gun re-spawn issues: guns do not function for a set amount of time immediately after re-spawning, but u can take damage in that time. not fun

sound deactivating:  sound stops working, requiring client reset

friendly ADA and AA not engaging enemy attacking bots:  enemy bot planes will enter an owned sector and not get engaged by sector defenses, generally it will be a lone multi-roll bot

B29C:  exists

Cant think of any others atm, but i know some slipped my mind

Buddha_13 #2 Posted 06 September 2022 - 01:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4785 battles
  • [BSSF] BSSF

adding fuel to fire...

my Evasive Target skill never activates when it should

the emergency engine cooling kicks in only when it wants to

desert786 #3 Posted 06 September 2022 - 01:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 23249 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostBuddha_13, on 05 September 2022 - 05:22 PM, said:

adding fuel to fire...

my Evasive Target skill never activates when it should

the emergency engine cooling kicks in only when it wants to

it does, it doesn't show the icon after the first game. or whenever the game feels like showing it. i dont know of any other engine cooling bug? if u talking about boost cooldown regen. it happens differently for each plane

oh u reminded me of another bug.

Engine cooling:  if u hit/holding the boost button or if u hold boost before start of match. then activate engine cooling. u will not boost since the game thinks u have no boost or it does not register u have hit boost button(i case of match start)

I left out game crashes, cuz who knows what cause game crashes. Alt Tabbing is the most obvious crash causer.

Edited by desert786, 06 September 2022 - 01:43 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 06 September 2022 - 02:51 AM

Colonel

• 48985 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

Invisible ground target bug, here forever now.

Much too frequent server side disconnects.  Four players all disconnecting at once and the bots running wild in their absence.

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 06 September 2022 - 06:06 AM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

desert786 #5 Posted 06 September 2022 - 03:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 23249 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

I have not had the invisible GT bug.  the only time i dont see GT's is when they have not rendered, either from the GT's spawning in or distance. i know this is a bug that plagues clanmates.

good addition.

oh, another "interesting" individual account bug. I dont know if it was fixed, but some people have ordnance demount from their planes after every battle. I think the fix was to report it to weegee and they had to go into your account details to fix this.

again i don't know if this is still a bug, but it was in early 2.0 or around 2.0.5

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 06 September 2022 - 06:07 AM

Colonel

• 48985 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS
I used to see that one quite a bit but not for some time now.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

GonerNL #7 Posted 06 September 2022 - 08:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5152 battles

View Postdesert786, on 06 September 2022 - 12:27 AM, said:

Cant think of any others atm, but i know some slipped my mind

matchmaking ?

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 06 September 2022 - 01:49 PM

Colonel

• 7520 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostGonerNL, on 06 September 2022 - 12:53 AM, said:

matchmaking ?

No, no - that's a feature.

I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

pyantoryng #9 Posted 06 September 2022 - 03:13 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5716 battles

My version of "invisible GT" is just the GT markers do not display on first sortie or when the sectors are white (not sure which). With GAA and experience on knowing the targets by heart it's only a slight hindrance, but to a bomber player I guess they might as well be invisible...

If you somehow disconnect in an all bot match during loading then log back in immediately the entire battle becomes glitched - the roster empty, the radar is screwed, your reticule won't move, and no markers whatsoever...you cannot respawn either due to the UI glitching out. Only way out is to quit to hangar.

Sometimes the reticule may get knocked out of alignment and not moving after respawning, leaving you to either die again or keep fighting using just your plane's nose to aim.

Wherever you shoot bomber flights down that area becomes a danger zone with their turrets still firing at you, apparently due to them not despawning...I guess it explains the random ghost shot you receive out of nowhere if those are shot down above your spawn.

CorvusCorvax #10 Posted 06 September 2022 - 03:25 PM

Colonel

• 7520 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postpyantoryng, on 06 September 2022 - 07:13 AM, said:

to a bomber player I guess they might as well be invisible...

If you zoom in with the bomb sight you can see the targets - they just aren't marked.  This is fine when there are no clouds between you and the target, but sux a bit when the map has clouds.

ItsSubmersible #11 Posted 06 September 2022 - 03:57 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7759 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 06 September 2022 - 10:25 AM, said:

If you zoom in with the bomb sight you can see the targets - they just aren't marked.  This is fine when there are no clouds between you and the target, but sux a bit when the map has clouds.

If you are in a GAA it's a problem to tell if the last outhouse has been hit because you are low and don't get a lot of reaction time between realizing something was missed and being able to do something about it.

CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 06 September 2022 - 04:04 PM

Colonel

• 7520 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostItsSubmersible, on 06 September 2022 - 07:57 AM, said:

the last outhouse

"No, I said 'The SCHMIDT house'!"

Yeah, you have to know what the target looks like whole and destroyed.  Which is kinda tough if you're fighting off ADA and red MRF at the same time, AND you have an angle where the Schmidt house is not obscured by rubble from the other destroyed buildings.  BTDT.

Anciano7 #13 Posted 06 September 2022 - 08:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 127 battles
  • [GOM] GOM

Ive had the gun sight completely disapear and I have been shot by ghost bullets all by myself in nuetral airspace and on occasion the game gets all jerky and rubberbandy when i get near a base. most of my problems in the game seem to happen rarely but do happen.

The one I hate the most is when my bullets do no damge or half damage.. I never thought anything about the glitches till today and i now beleive the glitches are part of match maker trying to shave points and favor one team over the other,I could be wrong about that tho.

ItsSubmersible #14 Posted 06 September 2022 - 09:31 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7759 battles

View PostAnciano7, on 06 September 2022 - 03:51 PM, said:

Ive had the gun sight completely disapear and I have been shot by ghost bullets all by myself in nuetral airspace and on occasion the game gets all jerky and rubberbandy when i get near a base. most of my problems in the game seem to happen rarely but do happen.

The one I hate the most is when my bullets do no damge or half damage.. I never thought anything about the glitches till today and i now beleive the glitches are part of match maker trying to shave points and favor one team over the other,I could be wrong about that tho.

I have had the sight be off centre, have had the shoot/no damage thing. I just assumed it was lag somewhere and it really wasn't where it showed. The mystery shots get annoying when they knock off %50 of hp before you even start.

qu33kKC #15 Posted 07 September 2022 - 01:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20033 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I would like to mention the random maps (most but not all low-tier) that still have a consumables count down.  WHY??  Get rid of it, this isn't Tanks.

Not sure if counts as a bug, but having spawns within flak range, and taking damage literally from the start of the game is just poor design.  (mainly a problem with a couple of high-tier maps.)

GonerNL #16 Posted 08 September 2022 - 08:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5152 battles

View PostAnciano7, on 06 September 2022 - 09:51 PM, said:

Ive had the gun sight completely disapear and I have been shot by ghost bullets all by myself in nuetral airspace 

When my gunsight disappears, I just look back (hat switch on stick), then it's back.

The ghost bullets mostly come from shot down bombers from the attack flight (even long after), I've even been killed when low on health.

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

HoujuuNue #17 Posted 13 September 2022 - 12:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13726 battles
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE

Add broken queues.  You queue and the game instantly puts you in battle but you are still stuck at an endless timer. Today, I pressed battle but my screen just stayed black the whole time. I restarted my game to find myself in battle already.

The lock icon stays on the sector icon if you are still in it after the 30 second lock ends.

The spawn timer sometimes doesn't count down

players quitting while loading in a 1v1, locking your plane

bad hitreg against air defense aircraft

Edited by HoujuuNue, 19 September 2022 - 08:42 PM.

teehsee #18 Posted 20 September 2022 - 08:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• 81 battles
  • [GOM] GOM
the game updated today and since then i have been having bugs,the main bug is gunsight stuck at the top of the screen and the whole game completely shutting down right b4 i am about to go into battle.this has happened to me 4 times today.I managed to win only one batlle and it was the one without a gunsight.come on weegee am i gonna have trouble everytime you do an update?

Also tagged with bugs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users