Jump to content


Saturday Night Live is on!


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #1 Posted 26 August 2022 - 11:51 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7627 battles
  • 9,011
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Saturday, 27 August, 2100 EDT, 1800 PDT.

 

First off, you do need to be on the WoWP Discord and at least be able to receive voice comms. 

 

It'll be mostly like the SNLs of yore - defined scenarios where we do weird stuff that can pretty much only be done in the training rooms.

 

If there are enough people, we will do head-to-head battles, but otherwise it'll be mostly Co-op.  Proposed games to be played, in no particular order:

 

Ram the Rabbit.  Tier III and below rabbits, bring what you got to ram them.  Rabbits can shoot back, but you can only ram - that's why the game is called what it is.

 

Trolls Under Bridges.  Rivertown map with bridges.  Bombers fly under bridges.  Other team takes what they have and also flies under bridges, except in the opposite direction.  Non-bombers cannot use guns.  They *can* use rockets and bombs. 

 

Messerschmidt Your Pants.  T5 German planes.  Pick the one you like best and see how it matches up against the others.

 

Knife Fight in a Phone Booth.  Very small Period 1 map, maybe even a night map.  T8-10 planes.  Now, FIGHT.

 

Mustang Ranch.  T7 Mustangs, and only T7 Mustangs.

 

Dance With Who Brung Ya.  Bomber escort, where the opposition is bots, at least one tier above.

Dominate THIS:  One team is B-32s, and only B-32s.  The other team is whatever you think will do best at shooting down a B-32.  Or more than one B-32....

 

P-12?  That's What She Said!  Unspecialized P-12s, no equipment, no consumables.  Now, fight.

 

GAA! My Guns Are Broken!  T4/5 GAA, and you can only rocket, bombkill, ram, or turret kill - no forward-firing guns allowed.

Bison Burgers.  Bring your favorite T4 MRF.  Try to buffalo the other team.

 

We ALWAYS play Ram the Rabbit, and that usually comes last.  And we have, in the past, done H2H stuff where we are just playing fun maps like regular battles - like a two-plant map at T6 where everyone brings out whatever they want to kill bombers and GAA, then fill the teams with bot T7/T8 bombers and GAA...  It's not as easy as it sounds...


Edited by CorvusCorvax, 27 August 2022 - 05:41 PM.

I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 27 August 2022 - 12:36 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 1937 battles
  • 6,435
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 26 August 2022 - 06:51 PM, said:

Saturday, 27 August, 2100 EDT, 1800 PDT.

 

First off, you do need to be on the WoWP Discord and at least be able to receive voice comms. 

 

It'll be mostly like the SNLs of yore - defined scenarios where we do weird stuff that can pretty much only be done in the training rooms.

 

If there are enough people, we will do head-to-head battles, but otherwise it'll be mostly Co-op.  Proposed games to be played, in no particular order:

 

Ram the Rabbit.  Tier III and below rabbits, bring what you got to ram them.  Rabbits can shoot back, but you can only ram - that's why the game is called what it is.

 

Trolls Under Bridges.  Rivertown map with bridges.  Bombers fly under bridges.  Other team takes what they have and also flies under bridges, except in the opposite direction.  Non-bombers cannot use guns.  They *can* use rockets and bombs. 

 

Messerschmidt Your Pants.  T5 German planes.  Pick the one you like best and see how it matches up against the others.

 

Knife Fight in a Phone Booth.  Very small Period 1 map, maybe even a night map.  T8-10 planes.  Now, FIGHT.

 

Mustang Ranch.  T7 Mustangs, and only T7 Mustangs.

 

Dance With Who Brung Ya.  Bomber escort, where the opposition is bots, at least one tier above.

Dominate THIS:  One team is B-32s, and only B-32s.  The other team is whatever you think will do best at shooting down a B-32.  Or more than one B-32....

 

P-12?  That's What She Said!  Unspecialized P-12s, no equipment, no consumables.  Now, fight.

 

GAA! My Guns Are Broken!  T4/5 GAA, and you can only rocket, bombkill, ram, or turret kill - no forward-firing guns allowed.

 

We ALWAYS play Ram the Rabbit, and that usually comes last.  And we have, in the past, done H2H stuff where we are just playing fun maps like regular battles - like a two-plant map at T6 where everyone brings out whatever they want to kill bombers and GAA, then fill the teams with bot T7/T8 bombers and GAA...  It's not as easy as it sounds...

well, we'll need Trickie's approval...

who'll get it from:

 



gerr22 #3 Posted 27 August 2022 - 04:13 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9305 battles
  • 973
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013
if i recall he said when he left we can carry on if we want but if i see him on ill ask

teehsee #4 Posted 27 August 2022 - 05:23 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 100 battles
  • 52
  • [GOM] GOM
  • Member since:
    07-02-2022
Got to have discord? Im out.

ElVaquero #5 Posted 27 August 2022 - 06:37 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 163 battles
  • 390
  • Member since:
    01-13-2014
Cool idea.  Used to do stuff like that with my flightmates waaaay back in the day.  Turn fighting under bridges was my favorite. Super low altitude exercises were fun, too.

gerr22 #6 Posted 27 August 2022 - 11:37 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9305 battles
  • 973
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013

hi all spoke to Trikke he says go ahead all yours i do feel we should keep the name as a salute 

just my opinion



DiegoMartelo #7 Posted 27 August 2022 - 01:06 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 18995 battles
  • 59
  • [EAGLE] EAGLE
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016
great, creating a more united community will always be a great idea, I will summon as many pilots as possible, we will be attentive in the chat, someone must translate to the Latin speakers. :honoring:

CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 27 August 2022 - 03:35 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7627 battles
  • 9,011
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postgerr22, on 27 August 2022 - 03:37 AM, said:

hi all spoke to Trikke he says go ahead all yours i do feel we should keep the name as a salute 

just my opinion

I was just going to call it "Saturday Night Live", but sure, we call call it "MBNV Focke Wulf's SNL, hosted by trikke"

;)

That was one of the fun things about when MBNV Focke Wulf was the guy - there were a LOT of super-pilots that would show up.

It continued to be a fun community event under trikke, and I hope we can rotate through some hosts, because I know I can only do it once in a while, due to family commitments.


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

teehsee #9 Posted 27 August 2022 - 03:40 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 100 battles
  • 52
  • [GOM] GOM
  • Member since:
    07-02-2022

can one still participate without discord??

 



CorvusCorvax #10 Posted 27 August 2022 - 05:42 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7627 battles
  • 9,011
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Updated game list to include a Buffalo surprise!  No, not that one.  And no, not *that* one, either.
I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

ElVaquero #11 Posted 27 August 2022 - 05:47 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 163 battles
  • 390
  • Member since:
    01-13-2014

View Postteehsee, on 27 August 2022 - 08:40 AM, said:

can one still participate without discord??

 

The first sentence of the OP is literally "First off, you do need to be on the WoWP Discord and at least be able to receive voice comms "



CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 27 August 2022 - 06:46 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7627 battles
  • 9,011
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostElVaquero, on 27 August 2022 - 09:47 AM, said:

The first sentence of the OP is literally "First off, you do need to be on the WoWP Discord and at least be able to receive voice comms "

It just plain does not work without voice comms, just from an organization and workload standpoint.

And get your comms sorted out BEFORE you show up, because troubleshooting it during the event is really impossible.


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #13 Posted 27 August 2022 - 11:45 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 1937 battles
  • 6,435
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostElVaquero, on 27 August 2022 - 12:47 PM, said:

The first sentence of the OP is literally "First off, you do need to be on the WoWP Discord and at least be able to receive voice comms "


:facepalm:



Anciano7 #14 Posted 28 August 2022 - 05:08 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 228 battles
  • 188
  • [GOM] GOM
  • Member since:
    07-10-2022
I am looking into discord,Sorry I missed out,none the less, how did it go?

DiegoMartelo #15 Posted 28 August 2022 - 06:34 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 18995 battles
  • 59
  • [EAGLE] EAGLE
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016
It was fun, I expected more people but it just doesn't show up, the next one will be better for sure. :popcorn:
the internet was against me.

:izmena:     keep it!!
 

CorvusCorvax #16 Posted 28 August 2022 - 07:23 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7627 battles
  • 9,011
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDiegoMartelo, on 28 August 2022 - 10:34 AM, said:

It was fun, I expected more people but it just doesn't show up, the next one will be better for sure. :popcorn:
the internet was against me.

:izmena:     keep it!!
 

It was a blast!

When they are done on a regular basis, I think more people show up.  The turnout wasn't bad, but it would have been nice to have four or five more people, for more Head-to-Head battles.


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users