• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 18 August 2022 - 01:26 PM

Captain

• 64 battles

Here is new WoWP news for today.

Block Quote

About the possibility of transferring an account. Announcement

On June 15, we announced that on December 13, 2022, World of Warplanes operations in the CIS region will be terminated.

The next step for everyone who wants to continue playing World of Warplanes, we will open the procedure for transferring an account to the EU region.

Although the account transfer procedure will be available for a long time, after the shutdown of the World of Warplanes server in the CIS region on December 13, 2022, we cannot guarantee that the World of Warplanes account data will be transferred from the CIS region to the EU region. If you want to use the account transfer procedure, we recommend that you complete it before December 13, 2022.

Our priorities have always been and remain to provide quality service and ensure the comfort of the players. The transfer will preserve your account progress, pricing principles, and a core set of services you're used to.

Please note: if you live in the Russian Federation or the Republic of Belarus, you will not be able to pay in the EU region.

Detailed information about the account transfer procedure, along with all the technical details and possible restrictions, will be provided before the launch, which is scheduled for September, although many questions can be answered now.  

We ask you to carefully study all the information both now and before starting the account transfer in order to determine the region for continuing the game and choose the most comfortable conditions for yourself.

Wargaming Operations Team

Source: https://worldofwarpl...-announcement/#

What is tough is if you have CIS WoT, CIS WoWS tied to your CIS account, so goes those accounts too go to EU.  This is a tough decision for those CIS WG players. And FYI  Un-transferred property will also be deleted, meaning when the deadline is met.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero 

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Zigfreid #2 Posted 18 August 2022 - 02:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 31833 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
Thanks for the heads up Flak, always great to hear from you.:great:

SenatorTH #3 Posted 18 August 2022 - 04:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10474 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 18 August 2022 - 05:26 AM, said:

What is tough is if you have CIS WoT, CIS WoWS tied to your CIS account, so goes those accounts too go to EU.  This is a tough decision for those CIS WG players. And FYI  Un-transferred property will also be deleted, meaning when the deadline is met.

Wrong.

If you have CIS WoT and CIS WOWP - you transfer your full account to EU, then just ask to block your EU WoT and activate CIS WoT. Now you have only WOWP active on EU server.

What's even much worse is: all the gold and free Exp will be mirrored. Which means your 50k gold and 2mil exp will become 50k gold and 2mil exp for EU planes account AND another 50k gold and 2mil exp for your CIS tanks.

That's confirmed by devs. And that means that all and everybody will transfer their wowp from CIS to EU.

Four_Leaf_Tayback #4 Posted 19 August 2022 - 02:19 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

I am wondering what this statement means:

Please note: if you live in the Russian Federation or the Republic of Belarus, you will not be able to pay in the EU region.

The first time I read it, I read the word "play" instead of "pay". Once I read it again, I got a little confused. I wonder if that means they will not accept payments from these regions or play from these regions?

I guess "pay" makes more sense as they are blocking money from these regions. If so, pretty ninja of WG to take such a strong stance.

On the other hand, why not suck more money out of them? Use all proceeds to benefit, for example, displaced Ukrainians? Just a thought... 

[Edit] The more I think about it, the more I think it actually is "pay" in that "we will not accept payment from Russian Federation or the Republic of Belarus". And the more I think that is a mistake. I think WG should accept the payment, but let it be known that all proceeds will go to Ukrainian charities. Let the players in those countries decide if they want to spend money to help them or just play for free. Simply put, it's a win-win for WG. They continue to get money from these countries, yet it's going directly to those they invaded or are hostile to.

Edited by Four_Leaf_Tayback, 19 August 2022 - 02:27 AM.

Call me Bobby (DIXX)

cundalini_ #5 Posted 19 August 2022 - 02:38 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 224 battles

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 18 August 2022 - 09:19 PM, said:

The first time I read it, I read the word "play" instead of "pay". Once I read it again, I got a little confused. I wonder if that means they will not accept payments from these regions or play from these regions?

I guess "pay" makes more sense as they are blocking money from these regions. If so, pretty ninja of WG to take such a strong stance.

On the other hand, why not suck more money out of them? Use all proceeds to benefit, for example, displaced Ukrainians? Just a thought... 

[Edit] The more I think about it, the more I think it actually is "pay" in that "we will not accept payment from Russian Federation or the Republic of Belarus". And the more I think that is a mistake. I think WG should accept the payment, but let it be known that all proceeds will go to Ukrainian charities. Let the players in those countries decide if they want to spend money to help them or just play for free. Simply put, it's a win-win for WG. They continue to get money from these countries, yet it's going directly to those they invaded or are hostile to.

What would they pay in?  Rubles?  How would WG convert that via the banking system in the current environment?

Call me Bobby (DIXX)

I'ma call you Pencil from now on. :trollface:

Edited by cundalini_, 19 August 2022 - 02:41 AM.

Four_Leaf_Tayback #6 Posted 19 August 2022 - 02:44 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

View Postcundalini_, on 18 August 2022 - 08:38 PM, said:

I'ma call you Pencil from now on. :trollface:

Well hell, I did not study international finance. I guess I have no idea.

And you can call me what you like. I used to look like a pencil when I was 16. Now I look like a pear.

Call me Bobby (DIXX)

Corsair4790805 #7 Posted 19 August 2022 - 06:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3499 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 18 August 2022 - 06:19 PM, said:

I think it has more to do with the current sanctions and freezing of banking systems for people from Russia and Belarus than any innate desire on WG's part to not take money.   I was in Thailand when the invasion started, and Thailand sees a lot of Russian tourists, and when I was flying home the big issue for them was not having money (or more specifically access to use their money) to get flights home.   Several thousand Russians were stuck in Thailand with no currency in hand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users