the time you waste on the airbase

{that you seem to be unable to defend if you happen to capture it}

is costing your team the win

PAY ATTENTION TO THE GAME

bypassing missile bases and command centers to play at the airbase MUST STOP

8 out of 10 times the airbases have little to no value

ESPECIALLY maps with missile and command centers

People like to say "The Team that has the airbase generally wins"

Obviously started by some fighter..................BREAKING NEWS the math does not support this claim

not even close

BATTLE SMARTER NOT HARDER

qu33kKC #2 Posted 05 August 2022 - 12:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19587 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
The Cult of the Central Airfield will be persecuting you for this heresy.

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 05 August 2022 - 01:08 PM

Colonel

• 48050 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

View Postqu33kKC, on 05 August 2022 - 07:02 AM, said:

The Cult of the Central Airfield will be persecuting you for this heresy.

True that.  Especially a few of our South American clans .  I can hear the pitch forks being gathered as we speak.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Airman_No_23903 #4 Posted 05 August 2022 - 01:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1336 battles
But I can capture airfields and garrisons without help by shooting down the sufficient air defenders.
At mines I have no air defenders at all and at missile bases and command centers the existing ones are not enough to conquer. I need additional ground targets or red enemies, which I can kill additionally.
That's why light fighters who have no idea about teamplay prefer to fly to garrisons and airfields. 

cobra_marksman #5 Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:10 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 14241 battles

View PostDeagle_TWC, on 05 August 2022 - 06:32 AM, said:

The airbases have been found to be all but worthless

still the time you waste on the airbase

Obviously started by some fighter..................BREAKING NEWS the math does not support this claim

not even close

You post have some truths to it, and yes, we all agree that the Minning base, Command center & the missile base offer better rewards, but that's not always the case. :ohmy:

Based on the size of the Map & the location of those choice targets, sometimes in the begging and ending of the battle, " the Airbase is the better choice."

If the Airbase has a " wrench," it worth in the battle,.... just went up 100%. :medal:

Repairing your plane and with the option of switching planes to better suit your enemy in battle (red team) is priceless.

Switching your plane (in that tier level) to a better match your opponent (red team) in a dogfight or in capping those bases ...is priceless in battle.

I'm sure you heard the term " time to target ":kamikaze:, holding a central airbase lessens flying time to those targets.

Now for the real stuff that you didn't take into consideration.:hiding:

An example: tier 8,- flying a bomber, - 2 Minning plants and or Command center bases opposite ends, - on large map, with airbase in the middle. :bajan:

Selected the RB-17 bomber (fast) this map pops up, great.

Mention to teammates " we need that Airbase that has a wrench " and he's why.:coin:

Bombed closest Minning plant, flip it a little help from bots in the 1 or 2 minutes of battle, & noticed that my team has just flipped the Airbase.

Boom.....i crash my bomber into the ground, respawn in my B-29 bomber, (which is fully loaded with bombs) & now I'm 50% closer to the next Minning plant.

I'm 50% closer to that target then they are to mine, and with a little luck and help, we'll have both of them for a while. :teethhappy:

There are thing that go on in this game that you might not be aware of, let alone, ,  :Bthat you did not know were even possible.

Never assume that you know everything that goes on during battle. let alone in the game.

All battles are different like maps, players, planes and bases.

Remember, ... No two battles are ever the same, and sometimes, maybe sometimes the most important base at the beginning, the middle or close to the end of battle,... Just Might Be the Airbase. :honoring:

Edited by cobra_marksman, 05 August 2022 - 09:55 PM.

Flaming_Fart #6 Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5558 battles

So many games lost when human players in bombers or attack planes go to airbase even if we have military bases, plants or command centers. So many games lost because red humans cap and defend military bases and plants when own team do not. Why?

One factor is personal points versus wins. I often try to cap military bases solo in whatever, say fighter low tier. That ends bad most of the times, low tier is punished hard by flak and air defence planes, as well as generally being a tier lower. So I end up having lower score than a player capping garrisons or airfields.

Maybe they learned it is easier to do just that, stay away from places where they get instakilled by better players, because better players tend to go to important bases, right?

I dont know. Maybe I used to go to airbase first if the map had one... I do remember sticking to strategies I later found faulty, embarrasingly so.

Edited by Flaming_Fart, 05 August 2022 - 07:33 PM.

ItsSubmersible #7 Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:46 PM

• 7310 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Cobra_Marksman is correct. It is situational and that base with a wrench can really change a game in a hurry if you can switch out to a better suited plane. I can and do run certain GAA's in to an airbase because I can take them if need be. (IL10M, Me265/329) and things go right. Also pure frustration to get everyone to move on to another cap sometimes by just flipping it and giving them nothing to do except go to another cap. If I have to chose btwn go around or cross one in a bomber to get somewhere else I have zero issue dropping a string to make it easier for others to get that one kill that flips the base either (Unless it's packed with HF's). Depending on spawn point, plane speed, location, it may/may not become a priority target.

neverqwit #8 Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• 90 battles
  • [GOM] GOM

Is that like trying to control the 4 center squares on a chess board? Maybe a little chess strategy carryover.?

There are certain maps where the centerbase does give a team the advantage though.

And also like has been said many times here on the forum-Many types of players and skill levels play this game and for many reasons.some may even be medicated or have severe handicaps as just a couple of examples,But I do feel your frustration trust me.

Four_Leaf_Tayback #9 Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:53 PM

• 352 battles

Depends on the

Call me Bobby (DIXX)

CorvusCorvax #10 Posted 05 August 2022 - 11:08 PM

Colonel

• 7305 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostItsSubmersible, on 05 August 2022 - 11:46 AM, said:

Also pure frustration to get everyone to move on to another cap sometimes by just flipping it and giving them nothing to do except go to another cap.

^^^^
This, right here.

I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

Panoptic #11 Posted 05 August 2022 - 11:55 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10963 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostDeagle_TWC, on 05 August 2022 - 04:32 AM, said:

That’s just not true. Controlling the centre slows the reds ability to quickly hop from east to west and vice versa. As well it enables spawning friendlies to quickly reach poorly defended red sector and do damage.

Edited by Panoptic, 05 August 2022 - 11:56 PM.

losttwo #12 Posted 06 August 2022 - 04:29 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13682 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

View PostDeagle_TWC, on 05 August 2022 - 06:32 AM, said:

yes, yes, I hear you fighters

still

the time you waste on the airbase

PAY ATTENTION TO THE GAME

bypassing missile bases and command centers to play at the airbase MUST STOP

8 out of 10 times the airbases have little to no value

ESPECIALLY maps with missile and command centers

not even close

Let me guess, you lost because some player was playing at the airfield the entire match.

He would not play the game the way you wanted him too.

There are times when the Airbase is valuable, and you want that player to try and hold it. 

For example: 4 trailer park girls...I mean garrisons and a central airbase. 

You are flying anything but a fighter or certain multi-roles. 

You better hope that scrubs caps and hold that AB the entire match while you cap the garrisons. 

Corsair4790805 #13 Posted 06 August 2022 - 09:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3004 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

Agree that the central AB is very much a situational thing.   I had a battle last night on Road to Rome - Call of Duty.  4 Garrisons, central AB.  I had Marcellus_EU in his Tu-10 on my side, up against a spec'd F-82E and an F4U-4.

I focused most of my effort and time on the central AB, leaving my human bomber to handle the rest.  We pretty much rolled the other team - 800-129.   Had Red managed to take and hold the central AB, they would have been able to spawn closer to the two eastern garrisons, and more easily interdict our planes going for the western garrisons.

Like most things in this game, there are things that normally apply, but the situation can call for a change.

Also tagged with Airbase

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users