Jump to content


WoWP is still OK compared to WoWS


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Buddha_13 #1 Posted 14 July 2022 - 03:24 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4857 battles
  • 171
  • [BSSF] BSSF
  • Member since:
    12-22-2013

As I posted before, due to my retinal detachment & glaucoma, I migrated over to WoWS from WoWP and said it's a slower pace, and that WoWP is being neglected by WG.

 

I hate to say I was wrong.  Today WoWS totally modified their camouflage & pennant bonuses, now I have no idea how everything works anymore, & I'm too old to relearn everything again.  That's why I hate to switch iPhones.  In a sense, WoWS lack of upgrades is a blessing in disguise, nothing changes too much too often.  I jumped back in to WoWP and started to play immediately, everything basically it's the same as I left off a few months ago.

 

Maybe I'll migrate back to WoWP.  Bravo!



ItsSubmersible #2 Posted 14 July 2022 - 03:51 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8221 battles
  • 682
  • Member since:
    08-19-2018

View PostBuddha_13, on 13 July 2022 - 10:24 PM, said:

As I posted before, due to my retinal detachment & glaucoma, I migrated over to WoWS from WoWP and said it's a slower pace, and that WoWP is being neglected by WG.

 

I hate to say I was wrong.  Today WoWS totally modified their camouflage & pennant bonuses, now I have no idea how everything works anymore, & I'm too old to relearn everything again.  That's why I hate to switch iPhones.  In a sense, WoWS lack of upgrades is a blessing in disguise, nothing changes too much too often.  I jumped back in to WoWP and started to play immediately, everything basically it's the same as I left off a few months ago.

 

Maybe I'll migrate back to WoWP.  Bravo!

That is a total cluster. I have been playing it since 5.something so had a huge amount of camo's and stuff that I sold off today (Pulled down way over 100mil silver). Took me quite a while to sort thru the bonus junk and at least get the perma camo bonuses set up right. Tried a few T10 games in Napoli/Salem, the service costs changed these from always making silver in to barely making silver ships. They are well on the way to Pay To Play, just like Tonks. Long time players who have a hoard of stuff already won't be bad off, but newer players are going to get squeezed for silver pretty bad I think. Premium time is almost mandatory if you want to go past T7/8 and at least break even now. Maybe will get tweaked? Now PO'ed that stealth is baked in to the ship itself, shadow nerf to DD's. I'll just keep doing the one daily game to grab a container and call it good!


Edited by ItsSubmersible, 14 July 2022 - 03:51 AM.


pyantoryng #3 Posted 14 July 2022 - 06:19 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 5850 battles
  • 8,866
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I quitted for good after playing two games on my new PC. Saved me some 80GB because WoWS doesn't have a smaller version like WoT or WoWP.

 

I still don't believe 50% service cost reduction and 50% credits earning increase will have the same effect...guess it's good I fled before this came down...



Flushmaster #4 Posted 14 July 2022 - 06:53 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6232 battles
  • 305
  • [T_E_S] T_E_S
  • Member since:
    12-10-2014

Over a year ago, before returning to WoWP, I tried going back to Ships. The first thing that happened was that I got assaulted with a bunch of hype about how much of a loot box extravaganza the currently running event was. And free loot boxes full of junk that just seemed to clutter up the game. I quickly lost interest in trying to dig through all the shiny [edited]to find the actual game under it all, and from what I've heard they've just thrown more glitter on the whole mess since.



Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 14 July 2022 - 10:09 AM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 49788 battles
  • 7,832
  • [94APS] 94APS
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostBuddha_13, on 13 July 2022 - 10:24 PM, said:

As I posted before, due to my retinal detachment & glaucoma, I migrated over to WoWS from WoWP and said it's a slower pace, and that WoWP is being neglected by WG.

 

I hate to say I was wrong.  Today WoWS totally modified their camouflage & pennant bonuses, now I have no idea how everything works anymore, & I'm too old to relearn everything again.  That's why I hate to switch iPhones.  In a sense, WoWS lack of upgrades is a blessing in disguise, nothing changes too much too often.  I jumped back in to WoWP and started to play immediately, everything basically it's the same as I left off a few months ago.

 

Maybe I'll migrate back to WoWP.  Bravo!

Try flying the bombers.  I have a problem with cataracts and it's difficult to see planes well enough to shoot them.  The ground targets are much easier to see, especially nice are the red bases.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

ItsSubmersible #6 Posted 14 July 2022 - 10:14 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8221 battles
  • 682
  • Member since:
    08-19-2018

View Postpyantoryng, on 14 July 2022 - 01:19 AM, said:

I quitted for good after playing two games on my new PC. Saved me some 80GB because WoWS doesn't have a smaller version like WoT or WoWP.

 

I still don't believe 50% service cost reduction and 50% credits earning increase will have the same effect...guess it's good I fled before this came down...

It really is a resource hog! When my pc died I could run WOWP on a Surface tablet for a bit. WOWS just died trying that. I'm gonna run a couple games in Mino (tech tree) and see how this new economy does. Judging by the Prem ships, I'm guessing it isn't going to be good.

 

Update: Yeah, if you are FTP on high tier ships you better have an outstanding game or your going to be in the red or Play lots of T1-7 to subsidize T8,9,10.


Edited by ItsSubmersible, 14 July 2022 - 08:55 PM.


pyantoryng #7 Posted 14 July 2022 - 10:53 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 5850 battles
  • 8,866
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Actually, I mainly left because WoWS premium was the thing that severed the last connection to the rest of the trilogy, any premium time given are WoWS premium now and not the plain WG premium, much like Tanks, only that Tanks maintain free EXP and gold unification...not that Tanks give any more gold outside of tourneys, but the unification runs both ways. There is simply no point in playing Ships for me anymore. I'll miss the Iwaki though...



RenamedUser__1052125994 #8 Posted 15 July 2022 - 12:53 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 73 battles
  • 31
  • [GOM] GOM
  • Member since:
    07-14-2022
I have participated in all 3 games and I concur,WarPlanes is the best.WOWP even has a better group of people on the forum also.

black_hull4 #9 Posted 02 October 2022 - 01:23 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 371 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    04-13-2020

View Postpyantoryng, on 14 July 2022 - 02:53 AM, said:

 I'll miss the Iwaki though...

If you ever make an alt account and start playing on it full time, I want your old one just for that ship.



desert786 #10 Posted 06 October 2022 - 09:29 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 23559 battles
  • 300
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBuddha_13, on 13 July 2022 - 07:24 PM, said:

As I posted before, due to my retinal detachment & glaucoma, I migrated over to WoWS from WoWP and said it's a slower pace

how is planes slower paced? aerial combat is very fast. a BB going 20 knots and firing every 30 seconds is slow AF gameplay. Hello?

 

even GAA is more fast-paced than BB gameplay. (other than IL's on Cold Peak)

 

anyways. Boats and tank are trash exploitative games with garbage meta's. well. i guess theat not new for WeeGee games. boomber meta is almost as bad as CV's. and thats saying something.



thehelmsman #11 Posted 18 October 2022 - 05:02 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 890 battles
  • 54
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postdesert786, on 06 October 2022 - 04:29 PM, said:

how is planes slower paced? aerial combat is very fast. a BB going 20 knots and firing every 30 seconds is slow AF gameplay. Hello?

 

even GAA is more fast-paced than BB gameplay. (other than IL's on Cold Peak)

 

anyways. Boats and tank are trash exploitative games with garbage meta's. well. i guess theat not new for WeeGee games. boomber meta is almost as bad as CV's. and thats saying something.


I think he was more referring to with the pace of game development/evolution. Warplanes is like the Shire: change comes slowly, if it comes at all. Once you learn how to get things done, you don't really have to account for major gameplay changes shaking things up on a regular basis. Warships, on the other hand has seen several huge changes to the game design introduced this year alone, including some that directly impact gameplay and balance. Warplanes has been in maintenance mode for ages; most of the folks who still play it are here because they actually enjoy it. Warships, it's the opposite. Everybody's salty and bitter that the game they fell in love with is basically unrecognizable now, but we're all on that sunk cost fallacy cope: we have so much invested into it that we don't want to just give it up.

--Helms


Edited by thehelmsman, 18 October 2022 - 05:02 AM.

Progression:
P-51D, P-38J, F4U-4, P-47N, B-17G   La-9, Yak-9U, Yak-15, I-220, IL-2(t), Pe-2   Fw 190D, Bf 109G, Me 262, Hs 129B, Ju 88A   Ki-84, Ki-45, A7M   Spit XIV, Sea Hawk, Beaufighter

 

cundalini_ #12 Posted 18 October 2022 - 12:01 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 224 battles
  • 295
  • Member since:
    08-25-2020

View Postthehelmsman, on 18 October 2022 - 12:02 AM, said:


I think he was more referring to with the pace of game development/evolution. Warplanes is like the Shire: change comes slowly, if it comes at all. Once you learn how to get things done, you don't really have to account for major gameplay changes shaking things up on a regular basis. Warships, on the other hand has seen several huge changes to the game design introduced this year alone, including some that directly impact gameplay and balance. Warplanes has been in maintenance mode for ages; most of the folks who still play it are here because they actually enjoy it. Warships, it's the opposite. Everybody's salty and bitter that the game they fell in love with is basically unrecognizable now, but we're all on that sunk cost fallacy cope: we have so much invested into it that we don't want to just give it up.

--Helms

 

View PostBuddha_13, on 13 July 2022 - 10:24 PM, said:

As I posted before, due to my retinal detachment & glaucoma, I migrated over to WoWS from WoWP and said it's a slower pace, and that WoWP is being neglected by WG.

 

Unlike our resident stat padding dullard, I read it as Buddha_13 reasoning that due to his eye condition, he moved over to ships for its slower paced game play, versus planes faster pace and development neglect.  Dewalt20v's response is bewildering. :amazed:


Edited by cundalini_, 18 October 2022 - 12:06 PM.


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #13 Posted 18 October 2022 - 12:32 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 1937 battles
  • 6,435
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View Postcundalini_, on 18 October 2022 - 07:01 AM, said:

Unlike our resident stat padding dullard, I read it as Buddha_13 reasoning that due to his eye condition, he moved over to ships for its slower paced game play, versus planes faster pace and development neglect.  Dewalt20v's response is bewildering. :amazed:

Sorry, I had to sign in just to upvote this comment

:unsure::amazed::facepalm:

 



CorvusCorvax #14 Posted 18 October 2022 - 01:06 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7627 battles
  • 9,011
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 18 October 2022 - 04:32 AM, said:

Sorry, I had to sign in just to upvote this comment

:unsure::amazed::facepalm:

 

Same.

 


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

thehelmsman #15 Posted 18 October 2022 - 09:05 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 890 battles
  • 54
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postcundalini_, on 18 October 2022 - 07:01 AM, said:

Unlike our resident stat padding dullard, I read it as Buddha_13 reasoning that due to his eye condition, he moved over to ships for its slower paced game play, versus planes faster pace and development neglect.  Dewalt20v's response is bewildering. :amazed:


He also said in the very first post that he's gotten confused by the huge changes in game design lately and it's stuff he doesn't want to have to keep up with, which is what I was getting at. The gameplay of Warships is slower, but the pace of game changes is MUCH quicker than Planes.

--Helms


Edited by thehelmsman, 18 October 2022 - 09:07 PM.

Progression:
P-51D, P-38J, F4U-4, P-47N, B-17G   La-9, Yak-9U, Yak-15, I-220, IL-2(t), Pe-2   Fw 190D, Bf 109G, Me 262, Hs 129B, Ju 88A   Ki-84, Ki-45, A7M   Spit XIV, Sea Hawk, Beaufighter

 

_Bronze_ #16 Posted 18 October 2022 - 09:18 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10 battles
  • 348
  • Member since:
    09-15-2020

View Postthehelmsman, on 18 October 2022 - 04:05 PM, said:


He also said in the very first post that he's gotten confused by the huge changes in game design lately and it's stuff he doesn't want to have to keep up with, which is what I was getting at. The gameplay of Warships is slower, but the pace of game changes is MUCH quicker than Planes.

--Helms

 

Agreed, his second paragraph discusses the massive changes in WOWS.

 

Here's his original post regarding leaving WOWP for WOWS:
 

View PostBuddha_13, on 10 May 2022 - 01:22 PM, said:

I was invited to a clan and have been playing WoWp quite actively for the past 2 years.  With my progressing glaucoma & retinal eye detachment surgery, I need to cut back on the eye strain and switch over to WoWs, which is a tad slower pace, except when I play destroyers (which are even quicker than our heavy fighters).

Anyway, there seems to be lot more gimmicks, screen promotions, special events (even Transformers), sales (they call them containers vs. crates...so so many to choose from), active players, ship classes in WoWs.  They even gave me 6 experimental subs to fool around with, 2 even at Tier 10.

In WoWs, they show the worldwide active players, on middays, it's around 7,000 players, not too shabby compared to WoWp.  WoT of course has more.

I still log in to WoWp to fly a few sorties a week, but I do hope WG will find a way to attract more players in WoWp.  I teach karate, and the bread & butter are the new comers.

See you all around.

 

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


    GiN_nTonic