Jump to content


WoWP in CIS Region to be Closed in Dec...


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

IndygoEEI #1 Posted 26 June 2022 - 01:32 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 439 battles
  • 533
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
https://thearmoredpa...the-cis-region/

cundalini_ #2 Posted 26 June 2022 - 01:37 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 224 battles
  • 192
  • Member since:
    08-25-2020

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/59754-cis-wowp-news-the-end-of-wowp/

 

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/forum-21/announcement-16-world-of-warplanes-in-cis/

 

EU expects an influx of CIS players.....poor bast@rD$!

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/54770-world-of-warplanes-in-cis/


Edited by cundalini_, 26 June 2022 - 01:46 PM.


CorvusCorvax #3 Posted 26 June 2022 - 02:12 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7305 battles
  • 8,694
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postcundalini_, on 26 June 2022 - 05:37 AM, said:

 

EU expects an influx of CIS players.....poor bast@rD$!

 

From what I've heard in Discord, they are pretty toxic, and quite a bit of time has gone in to cleaning up their forum posts.


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

GonerNL #4 Posted 26 June 2022 - 04:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4991 battles
  • 1,538
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

Yeah, I haven't bothered to translate, but they were removed immediately by XBK.

 

I've been reading some threads on the CIS forum and some that opened an account on EU are convinced they are better than we are and they will take over the server. Based on sealclubbing  I presume.
Nice folk  :(


Edited by GonerNL, 26 June 2022 - 04:10 PM.

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

Corsair4790805 #5 Posted 26 June 2022 - 06:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3004 battles
  • 1,466
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

I've only flown on NA....but I've heard the style of play on RU is different than here on NA.   That may be due more to the larger quantity of active players, or it may not.

 

Someday I may create an account on EU just to check things out, but I've barely got time to fly my main NA account, and haven't touched my alt (which is biplanes only at the moment) in well over 6 months, I think.   I created it for the ACE Snoopy League.

 

I am probably not good enough to compete on EU or RU.



Randelph #6 Posted 26 June 2022 - 07:27 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 126 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    06-23-2022

I've only been on the NA server less than a week after starting WOW flying on the EU server about 6 months ago. The NA pilots I've flown with and against are just as good (and bad) as any that fly on EU.

There is a difference in the way CIS pilots fly, the battles are more combative (not aggressive) than I'm used to flying in, especially the low and mid tiers. 

A lot of those easy to kill bots in the tiers below 8 are being replaced by human pilots, I was flying in battles with six or more humans on each side when the CIS players flew onto the EU server last week, whereas it was typically only two or three before.

That made each battle a constant fight and less tactical. Add that to unlimited 'lives' and I felt that overall the new play style was on the rash side.

I chatted to a couple of the CIS transferred players in game and they were great, easy going and helpful.



GonerNL #7 Posted 26 June 2022 - 08:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4991 battles
  • 1,538
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

I've flown EU, NA, CIS and Asia and to be honest there's not much difference in the quality of the pilots. You have good, average and bad pilots on every server. Quantities do differ enormously. 

On NA I often get into all-bot battles, even later on the day. Never saw more than 4 players per side I think. On EU and CIS you get into battles with up to 7 players per team.

I don't understand Russian but at least they use F-keys to indicate what they're doing. Numbers on Asia are even worse than NA and they do not communicate in any way.

 

Randelph, how do you know they were transferred players ? I've not seen anyone yes claiming they came from CIS. Which tiers ?


Edited by GonerNL, 26 June 2022 - 08:46 PM.

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

jack_wdw #8 Posted 27 June 2022 - 08:58 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4681 battles
  • 1,252
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012
I hope EU-server can handle this influx of players.
(because currently it already seems to have a very hard time loading battles with 10 humans or more)
 
This account is the family car, my other car is wack007@eu

Randelph #9 Posted 27 June 2022 - 11:56 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 126 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    06-23-2022

View PostGonerNL, on 26 June 2022 - 08:42 PM, said:

Randelph, how do you know they were transferred players ? I've not seen anyone yes claiming they came from CIS. Which tiers ?

The two players I messaged with were at Tier VIII, I GG'd them after the Battle because they'd made the top contribution, one was in the same team , one was in the opposing team. 

In their replies they both mentioned that they were CIS players, with one telling me to expect hundreds of players joining from the CIS.

Just going by players names in the lower tiers I would guess over half the human players are ex-CIS already, I have the bot/human mod in res_mods.

Played a few Dailies on EU this morning and the number of human players is still up on previous weeks ... and somewhat fractious :D



Corsair4790805 #10 Posted 27 June 2022 - 05:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3004 battles
  • 1,466
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View Postjack_wdw, on 27 June 2022 - 12:58 AM, said:

I hope EU-server can handle this influx of players.
(because currently it already seems to have a very hard time loading battles with 10 humans or more)
 

 

I believe the game is hardcoded to allow only a maximum of 9 players per team.



Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 27 June 2022 - 07:33 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 48050 battles
  • 7,721
  • [94APS] 94APS
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
I thought it was 7 per side.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Corsair4790805 #12 Posted 27 June 2022 - 07:45 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3004 battles
  • 1,466
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 27 June 2022 - 11:33 AM, said:

I thought it was 7 per side.

 

7 is the most I've seen, and I've only seen it twice, I think.

 

I got the 9 per side maximum from https://worldofwarpl...matchmaker_209/

 

The current maximum number of players per team is 9.

 

This is from 2018, so it may have been changed. :unsure:



neverqwit #13 Posted 27 June 2022 - 08:29 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 90 battles
  • 73
  • [GOM] GOM
  • Member since:
    06-25-2022

I have played on CIS server 1 game and it lagged on me so bad I never attempted to play that account again.

About a year or so ago I played about 2 months on the EU server and I did not notice any difference in player

skill.I look forward to more human players. Just an idea,Maybe open a Russian section on the forum?

 

 

Welcome CIS players,,,,The More,The Merrier !



XBK #14 Posted 28 June 2022 - 12:05 PM

    Publishing Producer

  • Developer
  • Manager
  • 0 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    03-13-2014
There will be a Russian-language section on the EU forum, I doubt we will need one here.

cundalini_ #15 Posted 28 June 2022 - 01:51 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 224 battles
  • 192
  • Member since:
    08-25-2020

Why is there even a transfer, much less an acceptance of them on EU or NA servers?  You close up shop in RU yet it's business as usual outside?  Can you guarantee none of them are potential conscripts that haven't raped or murdered civilians?  They weren't welcomed in Ukraine, why are we welcoming them anywhere else?

 

Someone help me understand.  I'd like examples of say, the Japanese and German peoples during WW2 and how the world accepted them during the conflict.  I get that not everyone can be blamed for their governments actions.  But it's my belief they should be ostracized until there's regime change and/or they get the hell out of Ukraine.

 

Reading the EU post, I didn't consider Ukrainian players on CIS.  Belarusian players as well although they're not exactly stand-up neighbours.  What a mess :facepalm: 


Edited by cundalini_, 28 June 2022 - 02:05 PM.


Trauglodyte #16 Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:48 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6888 battles
  • 731
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016

View Postcundalini_, on 28 June 2022 - 01:51 PM, said:

Why is there even a transfer, much less an acceptance of them on EU or NA servers?  You close up shop in RU yet it's business as usual outside?  Can you guarantee none of them are potential conscripts that haven't raped or murdered civilians?  They weren't welcomed in Ukraine, why are we welcoming them anywhere else?

 

Someone help me understand.  I'd like examples of say, the Japanese and German peoples during WW2 and how the world accepted them during the conflict.  I get that not everyone can be blamed for their governments actions.  But it's my belief they should be ostracized until there's regime change and/or they get the hell out of Ukraine.

 

Reading the EU post, I didn't consider Ukrainian players on CIS.  Belarusian players as well although they're not exactly stand-up neighbours.  What a mess :facepalm: 

 

I have to think that this is business being business.  To your point, how do they identify the good and bad folks, via CIS?  I would wager that there is going to be a level of acceptance, since it is too time intensive, to weed out the bad apples.  I do imagine, though, that there will be a heightened level, of sensitivity and monitoring on the part of the "watchers".  At the end of the day, we should all just want to blow up planes and have that be the extent, of our interaction.  It is a sad day, that we have to worry about international politics and the ramifications because some people are ignoring and/or losing their humanity.

 


Edited by Trauglodyte, 28 June 2022 - 04:39 PM.


jack_wdw #17 Posted 28 June 2022 - 03:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4681 battles
  • 1,252
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012

View PostCorsair4790805, on 27 June 2022 - 07:45 PM, said:

 

7 is the most I've seen, and I've only seen it twice, I think.

 

I got the 9 per side maximum from https://worldofwarpl...matchmaker_209/

 

The current maximum number of players per team is 9.

 

This is from 2018, so it may have been changed. :unsure:



I meant battles with at least 5 humans at each side, making 10 humans in total.
They are pretty common at eu during peak hours.
And in my experience, those battles suffer from bugs and lag way more than the lower populated battles.
I hope this expected influx of russian players just doesn't put too much extra pressure on that server (or is it the software?)

 


This account is the family car, my other car is wack007@eu

Captain_Underpants53 #18 Posted 28 June 2022 - 03:59 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 48050 battles
  • 7,721
  • [94APS] 94APS
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostTrauglodyte, on 28 June 2022 - 09:48 AM, said:

 

I have to think that this is business being business.  To your point, how do they identify the good and bad folks, via CIS?  I would wager that there is going to be a level of acceptance, since it is too time extensive, to weed out the bad apples.  I do imagine, though, that there will be a heightened level, of sensitivity and monitoring on the part of the "watchers".  At the end of the day, we should all just want to blow up planes and have that be the extent, of our interaction.  It is a sad day, that we have to worry about international politics and the ramifications because some people are ignoring and/or losing their humanity.

 

Well said!

 

:medal:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Corsair4790805 #19 Posted 28 June 2022 - 04:54 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3004 battles
  • 1,466
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View Postjack_wdw, on 28 June 2022 - 07:51 AM, said:



I meant battles with at least 5 humans at each side, making 10 humans in total.
They are pretty common at eu during peak hours.
And in my experience, those battles suffer from bugs and lag way more than the lower populated battles.
I hope this expected influx of russian players just doesn't put too much extra pressure on that server (or is it the software?)

 

 

Ah, ok - got it.  I've seen quite a few 5v5 on NA but never noticed lag or bugs, but 5v5 are still a small fraction of my games (probably around 2%, if that) so it's not a very large sample size.

 

But yes, taking a large population and adding them to a server with another large population could be a challenge for the architecture, depending on a number of things.



GonerNL #20 Posted 29 June 2022 - 11:25 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4991 battles
  • 1,538
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View PostTrauglodyte, on 28 June 2022 - 03:48 PM, said:

since it is too time intensive, to weed out the bad apples.  I do imagine, though, that there will be a heightened level, of sensitivity and monitoring on the part of the "watchers".

 

We already have our share of bad apples ; looking at some account names and the remarks I sometimes see in chat, there's a fair amount of plain idiots, racists, nazis, homophobes etc around right now.


Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users