open letter

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 14 June 2022 - 11:22 PM

Colonel

• 48051 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

Dear Wargaming,

I have noticed a big change in this forum since blindfold left.  It appears to me that anything goes now, much like tanks and ships.  I choose not to participate.

One of the reasons I have stayed with this game this long is the civil (used to be) forum.  A major reason I don't do tanks or ships has been the notorious toxicity on their forum.

But, you don't need me on this forum anyway.  You got your trolls staking out new bridges to live under.

edited to add that II haven't seen this much activity on the forum in a long time!  I think it is due to having a new sheriff in town policing the joint.

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 15 June 2022 - 10:00 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

No_habla_ingles_ #2 Posted 15 June 2022 - 01:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 11114 battles
Damnnn:hiding:

ItsSubmersible #3 Posted 15 June 2022 - 01:41 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7310 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 14 June 2022 - 06:22 PM, said:

Dear Wargaming,

I have noticed a big change in this forum since blindfold left.  It appears to me that anything goes now, much like tanks and ships.  I choose not to participate.

One of the reasons I have stayed with this game this long is the civil (used to be) forum.  A major reason I don't do tanks or ships has been the notorious toxicity on their forum.

But, you don't need me on this forum anyway.  You got your trolls staking out new bridges to live under.

I actually sent a detailed ticket to WG on this very subject to see if we are getting a new moderator or if a volunteer mod could help out.  Everything seems a bit in flux with the war/move and all, so not sure if or when I will get a response, but if I do, I will post it back.

cundalini_ #4 Posted 15 June 2022 - 01:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 224 battles

View PostItsSubmersible, on 14 June 2022 - 08:41 PM, said:

I actually sent a detailed ticket to WG on this very subject to see if we are getting a new moderator or if a volunteer mod could help out.  Everything seems a bit in flux with the war/move and all, so not sure if or when I will get a response, but if I do, I will post it back.

Ask them if we can have the original BLOG restored from 1/4" tape and the Ask the Devs thread that was ninja deleted by forementioned bad administrator.

Edited by cundalini_, 15 June 2022 - 01:56 AM.

ItsSubmersible #5 Posted 15 June 2022 - 02:09 AM

• 7310 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View Postcundalini_, on 14 June 2022 - 08:55 PM, said:

Ask them if we can have the original BLOG restored from 1/4" tape and the Ask the Devs thread that was ninja deleted by forementioned bad administrator.

One thing at a time!

Whistling_Death_ #6 Posted 15 June 2022 - 10:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7435 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
The toxicity and harassment I have seen and been a victim of in this Forum is shocking.

XBK #7 Posted 15 June 2022 - 11:45 AM

Publishing Producer

• Developer
  • Manager
  • 0 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 14 June 2022 - 11:22 PM, said:

Dear Wargaming,

Please see my post here. It will be sad to lose such a venerable veteran of the game.

View Postcundalini_, on 15 June 2022 - 01:55 AM, said:

Oh wow, it's actually really heartwarming to see it mentioned, since it was me who made the blog from start to finish.

cundalini_ #8 Posted 15 June 2022 - 07:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 224 battles

View PostXBK, on 15 June 2022 - 06:45 AM, said:

Oh wow, it's actually really heartwarming to see it mentioned, since it was me who made the blog from start to finish.

I believe one of my alts got docked for mentioning it.  Yes, there was no notice that the BLOG was going to be removed, or replaced, or anything.  I just noticed it one day...poof...link is bad.  Same with the original Ask the developers thread...poof..gone, not archived, no mention...very soviet era in my mind.  One of many reasons I haven't contributed roubles to WG since I bought the KIDD in wows however many years ago.

If you're going to replace or update...why not inform your player/customer base beforehand with some reasons behind those decisions.  Why not leave what's there until you're ready for the transfer?  Instead the Blog goes to "Site cannot be reached".  So professional /sarcasm.  Like Aircraft Anniversaries got tossed at 2.0 with promise of return.  "Developers decided". pfft.  Only lately with many events giving gold equivalent to premium aircraft already owned have I felt some reward for being a long time player.

But let's go gentle on you for your first day here :)

RoIand #9 Posted 16 June 2022 - 06:59 PM

• 6466 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Hey Bubba, now slow down a gear or two!
Good Evgeniy has only been here a day, has already banned a few idiots and can't fix all the past mistakes at once.
Please give him a chance to get well acquainted here!
He is the global publishing producer of World of Warplanes. Maybe he can get something done for us in the executive suite in the future.

neverqwit #10 Posted 30 July 2022 - 06:44 AM

Master Sergeant

• 90 battles
  • [GOM] GOM

I havent noticed any change at all.The forum still has the same trolls just doing thier thing with impunity.

The impunity enjoyed by the Forum Clan is implicated in the unjust oneway forum bans.

It takes 2 to Tango.

The_real_Gouldy #11 Posted 30 July 2022 - 03:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles

View Postneverqwit, on 30 July 2022 - 02:44 AM, said:

I havent noticed any change at all.The forum still has the same trolls just doing thier thing with impunity.

The impunity enjoyed by the Forum Clan is implicated in the unjust oneway forum bans.

It takes 2 to Tango.

Seems you also haven't noticed that making posts about moderators or moderator decisions and actions &

posts accusing others of violating the rules and calling for disciplinary actions

is against the rules.

For reference see section 2.8 of the forum rules.

CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 30 July 2022 - 05:25 PM

Colonel

• 7305 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostThe_real_Gouldy, on 30 July 2022 - 07:53 AM, said:

Seems you also haven't noticed that making posts about moderators or moderator decisions and actions &

posts accusing others of violating the rules and calling for disciplinary actions

is against the rules.

For reference see section 2.8 of the forum rules.

I understand that there might be fixes in the works for this particular forum "bug".

Of course, speculation is what it has always been - vivid imagination of the deranged until the actual result occurs which will be completely different from the deranged vision.

I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

XBK #13 Posted 01 August 2022 - 05:13 PM

Publishing Producer

• Developer
  • Manager
  • 0 battles

View Postneverqwit, on 30 July 2022 - 08:44 AM, said:

It takes 2 to Tango.

You haven't noticed, because you haven't changed your demeanor. The forum still has the same users who communicate in the same way, which is sometimes pretty acerbic, but this not a kindergarten forum either. 

And yes, discussing moderation is a bannable offense.

Also tagged with open, letter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users