Il-10m pre-review

Il-10m

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Lose_dudes #1 Posted 21 May 2022 - 07:21 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2067 battles
  • [DIXX] DIXX

So I am currently saving gold for the il-10m. Hopefully, with more events and stuff, I'll have enough gold to buy it on discount during Christmas specials by the end of the year. But I looked at its stats and pieces together a pre- review.

So this plane has decent maneuverability and airspeed for a gaa, But is slightly lacking in health compared to its counterparts. So what you will want to do is first destroy all the aa guns when venturing into a sector.

Now the main feature of this plane will be its maneuverability, which is a whopping 41, only slightly worse than the p-47. You will want to put on lpu and lwf to enhance this ability. Btw, it has one of every slot except turret.

Next, you will want a sight to enhance accuracy. Finally, you will want aero pylons for more speed, plus rbcs for sustained fire.

Inside a sector, you will first want to destroy aa guns, then tents. Since you have weak guns, you will want to then attack other low flying planes. You have a turret, which will allow you to get rid of any low health enemies you leave behind.

So, there you have it. A low altitude tank multirole disguised as a gaa.

Ps. Don't worry about losing too much up from the lwf. Most t10 multiroles will still have less health than you.

Edited by Lose_dudes, 21 May 2022 - 07:26 PM.

Flushmaster #2 Posted 21 May 2022 - 08:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5784 battles
  • [T_E_S] T_E_S
I'm seeing a very large flaw in your assessment, particularly the apparent inclination to use a GAA as an air to air fighter. You might get a few lucky surprise kills once in a while but any GAA is absolutely and without qualification worse at air to air combat than any variety of actual fighter. The ability to perform as a really bad fighter does not mean that you should try to use it as a really bad fighter. If you want to fly a multirole fighter then you should fly a multirole fighter. It will be better at being a multirole fighter in every way. 

Corsair4790805 #3 Posted 21 May 2022 - 09:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2879 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostFlushmaster, on 21 May 2022 - 12:40 PM, said:

I'm seeing a very large flaw in your assessment, particularly the apparent inclination to use a GAA as an air to air fighter. You might get a few lucky surprise kills once in a while but any GAA is absolutely and without qualification worse at air to air combat than any variety of actual fighter. The ability to perform as a really bad fighter does not mean that you should try to use it as a really bad fighter. If you want to fly a multirole fighter then you should fly a multirole fighter. It will be better at being a multirole fighter in every way. 

I agree for the most part.    There are a couple of GAAs that I have that I tend to fly more as slow multi-roles - the Wirraway and the German Premium Tier II (forget the name).   There's a few others out there that can bully other GAs (Fw 189 C, for example), but yeah - using a GAA to kill air targets (outside of opportunity kills) is a bad idea.

CorvusCorvax #4 Posted 21 May 2022 - 09:19 PM

Colonel

• 7229 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCorsair4790805, on 21 May 2022 - 09:05 PM, said:

I agree for the most part.    There are a couple of GAAs that I have that I tend to fly more as slow multi-roles - the Wirraway and the German Premium Tier II (forget the name).   There's a few others out there that can bully other GAs (Fw 189 C, for example), but yeah - using a GAA to kill air targets (outside of opportunity kills) is a bad idea.

The Hs-123 is a pretty good MRF.

I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

Four_Leaf_Tayback #5 Posted 21 May 2022 - 09:53 PM

• 352 battles

People played this plane for quite some time when it came out, but now I do not see it very often with humans in control.

I am not sure why that is. My suspicion is that it lacks firepower to do serious capping all by itself. I think when it came out there were a lot more mano-a-mano battles happening. So people would use it to chew up ground targets and then launch themselves at any GA that shows up. Now, with bombers, that GA-to-GA capability can still come in handy, but not nearly as much as pre-bomber. The IL-10M is worthless against bombers, and those can flip a cap faster than you can say "Wha happen"?

That said, knock yourself out if you really want it. I have some gold hanging around, but it's not on my list at present.

Call me Bobby

cobra_marksman #6 Posted 22 May 2022 - 02:53 PM

• 14075 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

The IL 10 M is a Mutt, it needs to be flown like a mutt.:playing:

It can put a good dent on a base but it will take time to flip it.:angry:

It's weak guns, along with it's weak bombs, and long reload speed puts in the category as a supporting ground attack plane.

But where it excels at....is being an excellent........ Hunter Killer of ga's:playing:

With that being said, it can own and Shoot down any dumb Ga that happens to show up at that base your looking to flip.

When in a base to flip it, Bomb & hunt any and all Ga's.

Also it can be use to defend against any ga's looking to flip an already owner choice base.( while waiting  90 sec. for the reloading of weapons )

Edited by cobra_marksman, 22 May 2022 - 02:54 PM.

Four_Leaf_Tayback #7 Posted 22 May 2022 - 08:10 PM

• 352 battles

View Postcobra_marksman, on 22 May 2022 - 08:53 AM, said:

( while waiting  90 sec. for the reloading of weapons )

Yikes! I did not know the reload time was so long. That puts this premium even further down on my list of "want to haves".

Call me Bobby

cobra_marksman #8 Posted 23 May 2022 - 01:04 AM

• 14075 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

You can get the reload speed down to 66 sec., but it must be spec'd all equipment must be leveled to Ultimate, fully calibrated & then reassembled to shorten the weapon reload speed.

It will take a lot of field mats & silver, but once done properly, the IL 10M can hold its own in sky, & makes some of that silver:coin: back. :great:

The plane is listed as a "China " plane, which means that your selection of Premium pilots & gunners is limited to China crews.

Also, none of the existing China planes have a Gunner, so you'll probably be leveling a gunner from scratch.:ohmy:

Edited by cobra_marksman, 23 May 2022 - 01:44 AM.

cobra_marksman #9 Posted 23 May 2022 - 01:30 AM

• 14075 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostFlushmaster, on 21 May 2022 - 03:40 PM, said:

Agree with his assessment, about converting the Il-10 M into a multi.

You seem to be missing the big picture & purpose of the Ground attack planes in the game.

The game (Matchmaker) tries to balance the teams, by selecting Light Fighters, Heavy's, Multi. Bombers & Gaa.'s on both teams.:playing:

Who's capping bases for your team while your out dogfighting those Fighters & Multi's.

When flying the IL-10 M  try to stay in your lane, and use the plane for what it was intended to do,....

Primary Mission : Attack Ground targets & use it's maneuverable advantage to take out any & all Gaa's that happen to come into your Radar screen & Gun Sight. :great:

hoom #10 Posted 24 May 2022 - 06:59 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15913 battles

All I can tell you is: if you see Reit in Il-10M on the enemy team stay well away. :ohmy:

And keep checking that you're well away.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Flushmaster #11 Posted 24 May 2022 - 11:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5784 battles
  • [T_E_S] T_E_S

View Posthoom, on 24 May 2022 - 01:59 AM, said:

All I can tell you is: if you see Reit in Il-10M on the enemy team stay well away. :ohmy:

To be fair, you could remove the words "in Il-10M" from that statement and it would still be just as valid. There are some pilots that you see on the other team and just reflexively say "Well, $%@#."

hoom #12 Posted 24 May 2022 - 11:46 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15913 battles
Thats mostly true but at least if he's in the IL-10M you have a decent chance of being significantly quicker & better altitude in most planes so it should be mostly up to you how close you get.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Corsair4790805 #13 Posted 24 May 2022 - 05:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2879 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View Posthoom, on 23 May 2022 - 10:59 PM, said:

Isn't that the case with *any* plane you see Reit in? :)

View Posthoom, on 23 May 2022 - 10:59 PM, said:

Also tagged with Il-10m

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users