What bases get you a win?

bases win

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 13 May 2022 - 05:15 PM

Colonel

• 49772 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

First of all taking and keeping bases is how you win.  Flying around the empty spaces will not work

The Special Bases are the most important.  The Military Base first and foremost then the Command Center or Mining Plant depending on what you are flying.  I see many Light Fighter players avoiding Mining Plants.  This makes absolute sense if they are off to the side BUT if they are in the middle of the map, there will be plenty of planes to shoot down.

If a Military Base is in the middle you have struck gold if you take it and keep it.  But I see many players avoiding it because it is hotly contested.  Good luck winning if you allow the red team to take and keep it.

Many players, some with thousands of battles, think the central Airbase is the Holy Grail of immortality.  They ignore whatever bases are around them, I guess hoping other players or bots will do it for them.  These are doomed to be 50% win rate players forever.

Strategy is the name of the game.  Taking and holding the best bases according to each map is how to win.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Corsair4790805 #2 Posted 13 May 2022 - 06:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3499 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 May 2022 - 09:15 AM, said:

First of all taking and keeping bases is how you win.  Flying around the empty spaces will not work

The Special Bases are the most important.  The Military Base first and foremost then the Command Center or Mining Plant depending on what you are flying.  I see many Light Fighter players avoiding Mining Plants.  This makes absolute sense if they are off to the side BUT if they are in the middle of the map, there will be plenty of planes to shoot down.

If a Military Base is in the middle you have struck gold if you take it and keep it.  But I see many players avoiding it because it is hotly contested.  Good luck winning if you allow the red team to take and keep it.

Many players, some with thousands of battles, think the central Airbase is the Holy Grail of immortality.  They ignore whatever bases are around them, I guess hoping other players or bots will do it for them.  These are doomed to be 50% win rate players forever.

Strategy is the name of the game.  Taking and holding the best bases according to each map is how to win.

Well stated.  

There are times, however, where the central AB can be important.  I'm thinking of the map (forget the name) with a central AB, a CC one one side and a garrison on the other.  If you start on the far side of the CC, failure to get the central AB will pretty much guarantee your team (at least your bots) won't get the CC.

Other maps though I often ignore the central AB - like the Snowy Shores map, with a central AB and 4 garrisons.   I've won on that map (in a GAA no less!) by simply flying around the perimeter picking up garrisons.

But as you said:  "Strategy is the name of the game.  Taking and holding the best bases according to each map is how to win."   Learn the maps, learn the bases, learn your plane (and your opponents' planes), and plan accordingly.

CorvusCorvax #3 Posted 13 May 2022 - 06:54 PM

Colonel

• 7627 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 May 2022 - 05:15 PM, said:

Providing CAP defense of a Plant can do good things, even in a LF.  Especially an altitude fighter.  I have taken many a Plant by just shooting down enemy bombers and GAA.

Keeping a Plant by harassing the bombers and GAA that show up can mean the difference between a win and a loss.

I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 13 May 2022 - 07:32 PM

Colonel

• 49772 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

Also fly with Premium Time EVERY single day.  It adds up quicker than you might imagine.

Do not take one look at your match up at the start of battle and just quit quit.  An almost certain way to lose a lot if you make a habit of it.  Sure it is a pain if you are low tier in the battle but you might be surprised how often you can pull off a win.

Do NOT expect to win every battle or lose every battle.  The game will not allow it.  A win rate of over 65% or less than 35% is hard to attain but doable.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Lose_dudes #5 Posted 13 May 2022 - 09:37 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2406 battles
  • [DIXX] DIXX
I always go cc first, usually my planes aren't good at dogfighting.

qu33kKC #6 Posted 13 May 2022 - 11:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20626 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Heavy Kemping Plant FTW

and for Hero and probably other medals as well.

Light fighters can also be effective in this role, by killing the MR and GAA bots.  They rarely can contest the bombers, and if a human bomber is in the mix, the LF is likely screwed.  But yeah, Missile Bases and Plants win games, ESPECIALLY Missile Bases.  Hold the MB, and you win.  You may not get a great score, but you will win. 

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 14 May 2022 - 12:19 AM

Colonel

• 49772 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

View Postqu33kKC, on 13 May 2022 - 06:49 PM, said:

Heavy Kemping Plant FTW

and for Hero and probably other medals as well.

Light fighters can also be effective in this role, by killing the MR and GAA bots.  They rarely can contest the bombers, and if a human bomber is in the mix, the LF is likely screwed.  But yeah, Missile Bases and Plants win games, ESPECIALLY Missile Bases.  Hold the MB, and you win.  You may not get a great score, but you will win. 

YES!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

RC30m1 #8 Posted 15 May 2022 - 07:52 AM

Master Sergeant

• 7214 battles
  • [T_E_S] T_E_S
I can tell you what bases don't get you a win...lol. Albion with plant and CC, center airSTRIP, not airbase. My teammate in a spec F86, pulled up a couch at the center so I tried to take care of the red human heavies to no avail. Quite frustrating.

Also tagged with bases, win

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users