• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

vuuduu #41 Posted 13 May 2022 - 03:43 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 8897 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostZigfreid, on 12 May 2022 - 08:19 PM, said:

I think you are looking at W/R to much, i think efficiency would be a better measure for you.

If flighted your W/R will go up with team work and comms, or flying lower tiers, only see you flying solo in game.

Efficiency will tell you how well you fly your plane in game by air kills, sectors flipped, or ground targets destroyed.

Efficiencys at 10% are poor, 15% are average, 20% are good, 25% are very good etc. there are pilots that have 30%

35%, 40%+ efficiency, so the question is what are they doing that you are NOT? bring your efficiency up and your 

wins and fun will go up. I see that all of your efficiency is less than 20% which makes you an average player 53% win rate

makes you average player. Vuuduu not trying to beat you up just trying to get you to look in the mirror have known you for 

over 7 years glad you came back but you are making a lot of bad decisions, hope your clan helps you a little, still a fun game.

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 May 2022 - 08:50 PM, said:

^^^This is true.

When I play boosters on a Saturday morning (Pacific Time), I don't win as often, because that seems to be the time when the good pilots are out.  When I run boosters at night, after 2100 Pacific Time, I win more.  Boosters have very little to do with anything OTHER THAN your approach to the games.  I checked out the new boosters, and noticed that they are selling for 350 gold/each.  Woof, that's a bit of an investment, but I can see where using them for crew XP would help, especially when you are working with pilots that have 12+ points, and the amount of XP to the next skill point is in the millions!

While I don't think Flushmaster should be so aggressive in his rebuttal, I don't have much room to criticize on that front.  I think vuuduu has a subtle change to his game approach that causes him to do things that he would not normally do, causing losses in games that he would normally win.

I remember getting owned severely by several DRACS members over the years.  Toggle, for sure.  LOL.

Heya Corvus. You know what, you may have hit on something there. I don't feel beat up at all, don't even sweat that. I don't care about anything other than personal attacks, and as for those, well....keystrokes rarely leave bruises. But anyway, to avoid wall-of-texting, I don't know how subtle it is, but I know I have been on a lotta teams lately with one or more really new players on my team, and me. There has been the sense lately of having to do more, a lot more, and do it fast or we lose. I rarely recognize a face on my own side, but often 2 or 3 on the other. Or, that could all just be in my head too. But aside from that, my basic outlook's been cap priority targets first and keep capping. Problem seems to be that I get a first priority target capped, and all the other sectors on the map are already red lol.

...look Mommy, there's an airplane up in the sky...

Captain_Underpants53 #42 Posted 13 May 2022 - 04:57 PM

Colonel

• 47168 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

I did 12 battles this morning with boosters applied.  My results were inconclusive.

7 times high tier and 5 times low tier.

9 wins and 3 losses.

It appeared to me that RNG was a big factor.  Huge potato team mates, battling a flight of gooses, and sub par bots.  I am [edited]of keeping track so I will just play.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Zigfreid #43 Posted 13 May 2022 - 06:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30020 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

So ran a 2 hour booster played 12 games 91% w/r 

11 wines 1 loss, half were solo the loss was flighted.

But did have shrimp grits and a crayfish omelet for 

breakfast that could be a breakfast of champions.:D

bud_tugly #44 Posted 14 May 2022 - 09:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 414 battles
  • [GOM] GOM

It took me a minute but i figured out what boosters was.

I activated a 1 hour procurment booster and played 5 battles in my P-36.  

I won all 5 and was down tiered only once.

Probably not helpful at all,but i try.

Edited by bud_tugly, 14 May 2022 - 09:13 AM.

Get Off My Grass !

Zigfreid #45 Posted 14 May 2022 - 04:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30020 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Most people don't know but Vuuduu was kind of a legend in 1.X and there 

was a bounty on Vuuduu and Angry Turtle for gold. One clan would give

instant membership to anyone showing a screen shot of them killing

Vuuduu in there game.:izmena: Long live the Legend:honoring: and have fun.

SgtZak #46 Posted 02 June 2022 - 11:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 13665 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postvuuduu, on 11 May 2022 - 11:52 PM, said:

I'll have to track results I guess. Wasn't looking forward to that. I play this game for fun, not to make work for myself. All I know so far is Boosters- loss/loss/loss/loss/loss/etc/ad infinitum. Boosters expire- immediate win/win/win/loss/normal course of events. I can't say I am rock solid set on my position. But, when you play this game a lot, you notice patterns. This has been the pattern, for me, since I discovered boosters even existed. I know my win rate certainly recognizes the pattern.

I watch Klaus Kellerman when he streams WOT because he is funny when he complains.   He often states the same about boosters.

SgtZak

tdave1953 #47 Posted 02 June 2022 - 11:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10468 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I tracked it for 40 games - 20 with boosters, 20 without. My conclusion: the overwhelming reasons for my losses were bad teams, being downtiered/overmatched,  and my own incompetence. My usual rate of wins was maintained overall, with or without boosters. I can see no relationship between boosters and losing in my sample.

bud_tugly #48 Posted 05 June 2022 - 11:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 414 battles
  • [GOM] GOM

I can say without a doubt that there is no booster curse.

I have been activating boosters all week and have noticed

no change in my win rate.There is NO booster curse.

Get Off My Grass !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users