State of affairs with WG

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Buddha_13 #1 Posted 10 May 2022 - 06:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4464 battles
  • [BSSF] BSSF

I was invited to a clan and have been playing WoWp quite actively for the past 2 years.  With my progressing glaucoma & retinal eye detachment surgery, I need to cut back on the eye strain and switch over to WoWs, which is a tad slower pace, except when I play destroyers (which are even quicker than our heavy fighters).

Anyway, there seems to be lot more gimmicks, screen promotions, special events (even Transformers), sales (they call them containers vs. crates...so so many to choose from), active players, ship classes in WoWs.  They even gave me 6 experimental subs to fool around with, 2 even at Tier 10.

In WoWs, they show the worldwide active players, on middays, it's around 7,000 players, not too shabby compared to WoWp.  WoT of course has more.

I still log in to WoWp to fly a few sorties a week, but I do hope WG will find a way to attract more players in WoWp.  I teach karate, and the bread & butter are the new comers.

See you all around.

Corsair4790805 #2 Posted 10 May 2022 - 06:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2887 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostBuddha_13, on 10 May 2022 - 10:22 AM, said:

I was invited to a clan and have been playing WoWp quite actively for the past 2 years.  With my progressing glaucoma & retinal eye detachment surgery, I need to cut back on the eye strain and switch over to WoWs, which is a tad slower pace, except when I play destroyers (which are even quicker than our heavy fighters).

Anyway, there seems to be lot more gimmicks, screen promotions, special events (even Transformers), sales (they call them containers vs. crates...so so many to choose from), active players, ship classes in WoWs.  They even gave me 6 experimental subs to fool around with, 2 even at Tier 10.

In WoWs, they show the worldwide active players, on middays, it's around 7,000 players, not too shabby compared to WoWp.  WoT of course has more.

I still log in to WoWp to fly a few sorties a week, but I do hope WG will find a way to attract more players in WoWp.  I teach karate, and the bread & butter are the new comers.

See you all around.

WoWP often feels like the red headed step child of the WG titles.  I've been playing for 2 or so years (was playing ships before that), and while WG has provided some real nice events and few new planes, it's definitely not getting the attention I (and many others) wish it would.

The old-timers here can probably shed more light on the history as it relates to the current state - it seems that the major redesign with 2.0 drove a lot of the then existing player base away.

Good luck on your upcoming surgery - I wish you a full and speedy recovery. :honoring:

Viper_7242NC #3 Posted 10 May 2022 - 06:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 21028 battles
  • [VIPR3] VIPR3
If the gold could be used in Ships I would give it more thought. You play because it's slower ( hope your eye gets better or at least causes you no pain ), I don't because it's slower. WG needs to implement things like Ships to attract and keep new players. At least give us new maps.

So say we all.

bud_tugly #4 Posted 10 May 2022 - 07:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 414 battles
  • [GOM] GOM

Its just my personal opinion,but i think that WarGaming's prices are too high and that may be a factor in why not so many people   play.

I almost didnt play this game when i first got a look at how much things cost.So...............{Alot can be said here}.

For a company that does not manufacture or produce any real product and does not have to worry about aquiring raw material or hazardous waste to dispose of, plus its not a dangerous job so why the super high prices? I also believe that they only market to old farts like us with disposable income.LIke i said this is only MY opinion and im more than likely wrong.One more observation is that it does not seem like WarGaming appreciates its customers,I read somewhere here on the forum that WarGaming donated a million dollars?? Well if they can afford that,then why not show customers some appreciation by giving us a little back-like a good free plane or 3 months of premium or something along those lines.If WarGaming has a cool mill just lying around to donate like that it means WE the customers have been very good to the company.I love the game but I think its pricey.

I'm sorry to hear of your eye problems and hope everthing turns out good for you.

Edited by bud_tugly, 10 May 2022 - 07:51 PM.

Get Off My Grass !

LittleJimmyJingles #5 Posted 10 May 2022 - 08:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1470 battles
  • [CWM] CWM
I think you will enjoy wows. The pace is more deliberate and it was the first WG game I played because of that. At that time all three titles (WOWS, WOWP, WOT) shared premium time. WOT still shares gold with WOWP. There are two levels of premium time, one of which covers all three games but you have to buy it in the WOWP store I think. I may be wrong but worth checking out.  There are quite a few good YouTube content people to watch in WOWS. Chaos Machine is fun. Clyde is very informative. 

ItsSubmersible #6 Posted 10 May 2022 - 09:29 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 6823 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Good Luck in Wows. I threw together a clan for Trikke and some others, look up WGPB. They are usually on early AM. I still hop on to try and get at least one game a day in there but kinda soured on them after the whole Puerto Rico fiasco (I actually ground the thing out!). There always seems to be promotions or a grind or two always running now. Just play for fun and you will do fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users