Jump to content


Bot herding?

bot herding

  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 25 March 2022 - 03:31 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 47170 battles
  • 7,630
  • [94APS] 94APS
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

I went to report this guy who was calling everyone who shot him down the N-word.  I don't tolerate that.

 

But anyway I stumbled upon this 'bot herding' thing which I had never heard of before.  What is it exactly and why is it illegal?


Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 25 March 2022 - 04:17 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Mousekateer #2 Posted 25 March 2022 - 04:01 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 119 battles
  • 59
  • [COD-] COD-
  • Member since:
    03-22-2022

a guy named 12" inch Hawk made an excellent bot guide heres tthe link

 

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/59306-learn-to-use-bot-commands/page__fromsearch__1

 

i have witnessed myself what you describe i think.i was in a 5 vs 5 battle and the red team humans were using bot commands and seemed to have every red bot going where ever they went,it was actually amazing watching all the red bots flying together and attacking the same base,like a big red cloud on my radar,,lol, so i know bot herding happens but is kind of rare.

 

dang Y button being so close to the T button can get you in trouble sometimes,,lol   :teethhappy:


Edited by Mousekateer, 25 March 2022 - 04:24 PM.

It's mine and i will wash it as fast as i please !

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 25 March 2022 - 04:19 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 47170 battles
  • 7,630
  • [94APS] 94APS
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostMousekateer, on 25 March 2022 - 11:01 AM, said:

a guy named 12" inch Hawk made an excellent bot guide heres tthe link

 

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/59306-learn-to-use-bot-commands/page__fromsearch__1

 

i have witnessed myself what you describe i think.i was in a 5 vs 5 battle and the red team humans were using bot commands and seemed to have every red bot going where ever they went,it was actually amazing watching all the red bots flying together and attacking the same base,like a big red cloud on my radar,,lol, so i know bot herding happens but is kind of rare.

 

now onto to the name of the this topic BOY HERDING,i think that may be illegal,def.unethical.

 

dang Y button being so close to the T button can get you in trouble sometimes,,lol   :teethhappy:

I have seen this done also but had no idea it was illegal.  Why is it, I wonder?


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Corsair4790805 #4 Posted 25 March 2022 - 05:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2887 battles
  • 1,407
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 25 March 2022 - 08:19 AM, said:

I have seen this done also but had no idea it was illegal.  Why is it, I wonder?

 

It's part of the game  (like split tier flights used to be).  Who said it was illegal?



Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 25 March 2022 - 08:15 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 47170 battles
  • 7,630
  • [94APS] 94APS
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostCorsair4790805, on 25 March 2022 - 12:25 PM, said:

 

It's part of the game  (like split tier flights used to be).  Who said it was illegal?

I found 'bot herding' listed alongside 'collision' and 'damage and/or destruction of allies' under violation reports in battle.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #6 Posted 25 March 2022 - 08:57 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7229 battles
  • 8,524
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 25 March 2022 - 08:15 PM, said:

I found 'bot herding' listed alongside 'collision' and 'damage and/or destruction of allies' under violation reports in battle.

Define "bot herding" for me.

 

I give commands to bots all the time via the F keys.  Attack that, defend this, clear my 6, escort that player, don't crash into that mountain, etc.

 

And, I'll have you know, that herding bots is a little like herding cats.  Maybe they'll do the thing you ask, if they already intended to.  Otherwise, p*ss off, human.

 

Is there some kind of special animal husbandry I can use specifically for bots?  That would be useful.


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

Mousekateer #7 Posted 25 March 2022 - 09:37 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 119 battles
  • 59
  • [COD-] COD-
  • Member since:
    03-22-2022

this is in jest.

some people can manipulate bots and get cooperation from them sometimes.

then theres the bot whisperers-whole other level-they make bots do stuff us mere mortals can only dream of.

 

like i said, ive only seen it happen once and it was a 5 vs 5,the humans just seemed to follow thier bots and clean up the left overs,as a matter of fact it was also one the shortest games i was ever in,battle was over fast.


It's mine and i will wash it as fast as i please !

Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 25 March 2022 - 10:39 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 47170 battles
  • 7,630
  • [94APS] 94APS
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 25 March 2022 - 03:57 PM, said:

Define "bot herding" for me.

 

I give commands to bots all the time via the F keys.  Attack that, defend this, clear my 6, escort that player, don't crash into that mountain, etc.

 

And, I'll have you know, that herding bots is a little like herding cats.  Maybe they'll do the thing you ask, if they already intended to.  Otherwise, p*ss off, human.

 

Is there some kind of special animal husbandry I can use specifically for bots?  That would be useful.

If I could define it, I wouldn't be asking the question.  But I have no clue what it actually means.

 

I was hoping that blindfold would weigh in and define it for us but...............I hate to feel like I might break some rule I don't even know the meaning of.

 

And just how would you report someone for breaking this nebulous, enigmatic rule if you don't understand it?

 

:unsure:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 26 March 2022 - 12:12 AM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 47170 battles
  • 7,630
  • [94APS] 94APS
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

Thinking further about this I realized that the ONLY clear cut offense is the 'Damage to and/or destruction of allies'.  It is simple and straightforward.

 

I have already listed reasons why 'bot herding' is a problem needing definition.

 

So what does 'collision' mean?  Is it not legal to ram an enemy?  I always thought this was an acceptable part of the game.  Or does it refer to ramming an ally?  If so, it would seem that it is redundant as 'Damage to and/or destruction of allies' would seem to cover this.

 

Please give us clarification and guidance on these issues.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Mousekateer #10 Posted 26 March 2022 - 10:52 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 119 battles
  • 59
  • [COD-] COD-
  • Member since:
    03-22-2022

i think its all legal if you dont use the Nword before hand.

im with CUP, i dont tolerate the Nword,shame on you whoever you are for using the Nword.


It's mine and i will wash it as fast as i please !

12_inch_Hawk #11 Posted 26 March 2022 - 12:36 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 38434 battles
  • 1,167
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018
where exactly are you seeing this?  can you take a screen shot?  all I see is idle/bot nothing about bot herding

crzyhawk #12 Posted 26 March 2022 - 01:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 8040 battles
  • 1,850
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015
I think he's being sarcastic.

 


Bobby_Tables #13 Posted 26 March 2022 - 04:56 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 15710 battles
  • 2,041
  • [DIXX] DIXX
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

He's not kidding. It's on the web page (top of this web page under Player Support). It's very nested, so you have to go pretty deep to get there.

 

The other strange one is "collusions" not "collisions" so that makes it even more nebulous. I guess collusions could be people with fake accounts counting into the queue and then letting the fake accounts go idle while they harvest points. 


Edited by Bobby_Tables, 26 March 2022 - 04:57 PM.


12_inch_Hawk #14 Posted 26 March 2022 - 05:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 38434 battles
  • 1,167
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 March 2022 - 11:56 AM, said:

He's not kidding. It's on the web page (top of this web page under Player Support). It's very nested, so you have to go pretty deep to get there.

 

The other strange one is "collusions" not "collisions" so that makes it even more nebulous. I guess collusions could be people with fake accounts counting into the queue and then letting the fake accounts go idle while they harvest points. 

can you provide a link?  the only thing I found in player support is this Rule violations and harassment - how to report | World of Warplanes (wargaming.net)  still no bot herding only idle/bot. Collusions could be the same as "Revealing allied positions" but I don't see collusions anywhere either.

 


Edited by 12_inch_Hawk, 26 March 2022 - 05:27 PM.


aquabat #15 Posted 26 March 2022 - 10:20 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha Test Veteran
  • 6965 battles
  • 468
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    10-19-2011

View Post12_inch_Hawk, on 26 March 2022 - 05:24 PM, said:

can you provide a link?  the only thing I found in player support is this Rule violations and harassment - how to report | World of Warplanes (wargaming.net)  still no bot herding only idle/bot. Collusions could be the same as "Revealing allied positions" but I don't see collusions anywhere either.

 

 

Go to Support >> Contact Support >> Violations and Penalties >> Report >> In Battle



Captain_Underpants53 #16 Posted 26 March 2022 - 11:47 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 47170 battles
  • 7,630
  • [94APS] 94APS
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 March 2022 - 11:56 AM, said:

He's not kidding. It's on the web page (top of this web page under Player Support). It's very nested, so you have to go pretty deep to get there.

 

The other strange one is "collusions" not "collisions" so that makes it even more nebulous. I guess collusions could be people with fake accounts counting into the queue and then letting the fake accounts go idle while they harvest points. 

Thanks for the clarification (especially since blindfold is evidently not interested in the problem).  It's a good thing I see the Doc in a couple of weeks to have my cataracts removed.  It seems to get worse by the day.

 

:medal:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

12_inch_Hawk #17 Posted 27 March 2022 - 12:08 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 38434 battles
  • 1,167
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018

View Postaquabat, on 26 March 2022 - 05:20 PM, said:

 

Go to Support >> Contact Support >> Violations and Penalties >> Report >> In Battle

Well, would you look at that.  That is interesting.  The only 3 options are;

Collusions (revealing allied positions?)

Bot herding

Damage to/destruction of allies (unfair play/ Damage caused to allies/ ram attack against allies?)

 

It would be really nice if @blindfold would give us some clarity on this as to what exactly they mean.

 

There is no option for "Insult provocation" or "spam" for Captain underpants to report.    There is also nothing for "idle/bot".  Maybe they don't care.  I know they don't care about Damage to/destruction of allies.  I sent in a replay once of a noob on my team literally dogfighting with me trying to shoot me.  I got a message back that basically said they don't care and they won't do anything about it.  After that if someone on my team shoots me I just shoot back.

 

If @blindfold won't give us any clarity I will volunteer for someone to report me for bot herding as long as whoever reports me posts a screenshot of the response.   I'm sure I'm "guilty" of bot herding by using the F keys at some point today.  You can even link this thread and my previous thread about how to do it as "evidence" and an admission of bot herding.   

 

While you are at it report me for collusions and post that screenshot too.  I would like to know if collusions are just revealing allied positions during battle or if it is other stuff too.  I use discord with my clan to make sure we don't drop in battle at the same tier at the same time so we can avoid fighting each other.  Sometimes if I accidentally get into battle with someone from my clan and we are both on coms I will agree not to shoot him if he doesn't shoot me.  I still try to win but I don't NEED to kill my own clan to do it. I can usually ignore him and still win.  Both those things could be considered collusions and I just admitted it.  If anybody wants to report me so we can find out what will happen I would be interested to know.  Even if what I am doing is considered bot herding or collusions I doubt anything will be done.  It would still be nice to get clarity from @blindfold even if it isn't enforced.



12_inch_Hawk #18 Posted 27 March 2022 - 12:16 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 38434 battles
  • 1,167
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018

I think any time you report someone to WG it is the equivalent of a butthurt report

 



Mousekateer #19 Posted 27 March 2022 - 12:28 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 119 battles
  • 59
  • [COD-] COD-
  • Member since:
    03-22-2022

english is not weegee's first language.so,i think something got lost in the translation.

their care is very selective.

i dont think weege likes us,, to tell you the truth.

they act like dealers and treat us like junkies.

 


Edited by Mousekateer, 27 March 2022 - 12:33 AM.

It's mine and i will wash it as fast as i please !

Buddha_13 #20 Posted 27 March 2022 - 03:26 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4464 battles
  • 148
  • [BSSF] BSSF
  • Member since:
    12-22-2013

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 26 March 2022 - 03:47 PM, said:

Thanks for the clarification (especially since blindfold is evidently not interested in the problem).  It's a good thing I see the Doc in a couple of weeks to have my cataracts removed.  It seems to get worse by the day.

 

:medal:

Good luck, cataracts removal are routine now on out patient basis.  I had retinal detachment surgery 3 yrs ago and my glaucoma is progressing.  Right eye vision limited to 25% now, so I'm not flying well these days.  Cut me some slack in the air.







Also tagged with bot, herding

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users