Supermarine Spitfire XVI: Start Your Engines!

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 18 February 2022 - 09:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Developer
  • 0 battles
From February 21 through March 21, take part in an event and earn multiple rewards, including a new British fighter—the Supermarine Spitfire XVI!

Full news text

J311yfish #2 Posted 18 February 2022 - 11:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8032 battles
  • [343] 343
Certificates Mission Condition Reward
2 1 Destroy 50 enemy aircraft in any number of battles 1 day of Premium Account
4 2 Destroy 100 aerial targets in any number of battles x10 Fire Extinguishing System (Period II)
6 3 Participate in capturing 30 sectors in any number of battles x40 Airframe Elements
8 4 Destroy 5 enemy aircraft while attacking sectors in a single battle x10 Radio Electronics
16 5

Receive the Flying Vanguard achievement [Multirole Fighter, Attack Aircraft, Bomber]

[capture 5 sectors]

x5 Intensive Training,

+300% to crew XP for 2 hours

2 6 Destroy 70 air defense aircraft in any number of battles x10 Fragmentation Ammunition (Period II)
4 7 Destroy 250 sections of ground targets in any number of battles x1 Steel Supply Crate
6 8 Deal 200,000 HP of damage to aerial targets in any number of battles x15 Heat-Resistant Parts
10 9

Receive the Hero of the Sky achievement

[complete all 3 aircraft type-specific missions with total equaling 13-15]

x20 Weapon Parts

x20 Flight Instruments

18 10

Receive the Lambert Medal [Multirole Fighter]

[earn at least 400 capture points in a single sortie]

x5 Procurement System Improvement,

+100% to credits for 2 hours

2 11 Deal 750,000 HP of damage to ground targets in any number of battles x10 Backup Pneumatic Control Assist (Period II)
4 12 Earn 120,000 personal points in any number of battles x30 tokens
6 13 Destroy 30 armored sections of ground targets in a single battle x1 Steel Supply Crate
10 14 Destroy 7 enemy fighters in a single battle Advanced Gas-Operated Action (Period II)
18 15

Receive the Marseille Medal

[destroy 17 aerial targets in a single sortie and win the battle]

x5 Upgrade Implementation,

+100% to aircraft XP for 2 hours

2 16 Earn 5,000 capture points in any number of battles 1 day of Premium Account
4 17 Destroy 75 enemy aircraft while defending sectors in any number of battles x10 Incendiary Ammunition (Period II)
6 18 Deal 1,750,000 HP of damage to ground targets in any number of battles x10 Secondary Control System (Period II)
10 19 Earn 220,000 personal points in any number of battles

x5 Air Reconnaissance,

+300% to Free XP for 2 hours

18 20

Receive the Flying Paladin achievement [Fighter or Heavy Fighter]

[15 aerial targets destroyed (enemy aircraft, air defense aircraft, bomber flights)]

Advanced Polished Skin (Period II)
2 21 Destroy 100 air defense aircraft in any number of battles 1 day of Premium Account
4 22 Destroy 100 enemy aircraft while attacking sectors in any number of battles x10 High-Explosive Armor-Piercing Ammunition (Period II)
6 23 Destroy 450 sections of ground targets in any number of battles x10 High-Octane Additive (Period II)
12 24 Earn 5,000 personal points for destroying ground targets in a single battle x2 Steel Supply Crates
20 25

Receive the McCampbell Medal

[destroy 10 aerial targets in a single sortie and win the battle; must include all 5 aircraft types]

Supermarine Spitfire XVI

Hangar slot

Crew trained to 100%

Decoration set (paint scheme, nose art, emblem)

Total = 200

Edited by J311yfish, 22 February 2022 - 08:20 PM.

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War // History of World of Warplanes

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

Viper_7242NC #3 Posted 18 February 2022 - 12:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20974 battles
  • [VIPR3] VIPR3
This is doable. No Gabreski, Doolittle or Golubev. 

So say we all.

Master_Cylinder #4 Posted 18 February 2022 - 12:30 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 200 battles
  • [FK] FK

thanks Jelly, that helps out the clan members

qu33kKC #5 Posted 18 February 2022 - 12:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19129 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostViper_7242NC, on 18 February 2022 - 12:00 PM, said:

This is doable. No Gabreski, Doolittle or Golubev. 

the 7 fighters one would be the only issue that I see, aside from some just plain (plane?) grindy ones.

Silvin #6 Posted 18 February 2022 - 03:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5180 battles
  • [SF] SF
It is still pretty grindy for a plane that does not seem that impressive (at least compared to its tech tree sibling). I am almost more looking forward to ripping a few more steel crates than that bird.

My 100 tier 10 vehicles

WoT (28): Sheridan, M48A5 Patton, M60, T110E5, T57, T110E4, E 50 M, E 100, Maus, Jagdpanzer E 100, G.W. E 100, T-100 LT, Object 140, IS-7, Object 277, ST-II, Centurion AX, Super Conqueror, AMX 13 105, EBR 105, Batignolles-Châtillon 25 t, AMX 50 B, AMX 50 Foch B, AMX 50 Foch (155), B.C. 155 58, 60TP, Strv 103B, Progetto 65

WoWP (21): F-84F, F-86A, F7U, XF-90, Yak-30, Mig-15bis, La-15, I-215, IL-40P, Su-10, Me P.1101, Fw 252, BV P.215.02, Me 262 III, Me P.1102 B, EF 131, J7W3, Ki-162-III, Swift, Hunter, Javelin

WoWS (51): Shimakaze, Harugumo, Zao, Yoshino, Yamato, Hakuryu, Gearing, Des Moines, Worcester, Puerto Rico, Salem, Montana, Vermont, Ohio, Midway, FDR, Khabarovsk, Grozovoi, Moskva, A. Nevsky, Petropavlovsk, Stalingrad, Smolensk, Kremlin, Slava, Z-52, Elbing, Hindenburg, Großer Kurfürst, M. Richthofen, Max Immelman, Daring, Minotaur, Goliath, Conqueror, Thunderer, Audacious, Marceau, Kléber, Henri IV, Colbert, République, Bourgogne, Venezia, Napoli, C. Colombo, YueYang, Halland, Småland, Gouden Leeuw, Vampire II

cobra_marksman #7 Posted 18 February 2022 - 05:42 PM

• 14075 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

You have 30 days of guys grinding these missions and disrupting the flow of the game. :facepalm:

Granted they'll be grinding their missions and maybe also helping out to win the round, but don't count on it.

If they insist on putting out these types of Grinds, they need to come up with a better way of rewarding players that are doing their Daily for any... Field drops & Tokens.

Field drops & tokens are required, in this game to build & advance your set of planes.

Hanging a "Must Win " on these missions, during this grind is really going to be frustrating to their player base.

Maybe removing the " must win " or come up with a better system to reward players accomplishments,

If in fact this is going to be the new direction of selling to their player base " Certificates " in the Cash or Credit Store

Hey, don't get me wrong, some players, " do like this grind for a free plane," still other don't mind buying their way to a new Fighter plane.

Other players would just like to play the game and continue to build & modify their set of planes.

Being a Bomber & Gaa. pilot not really interested in some of those month-long grinds for a fighter plane,

Anyway.....here we go again.... might consider taking the month off...lol. :facepalm:

Edited by cobra_marksman, 18 February 2022 - 10:36 PM.

painintheglute #8 Posted 18 February 2022 - 07:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 314 battles
  • [COD-] COD-

eh, on the spitfire for me.adding planes to the game is good.

now all the great spitfire pilots will get it 1st and raise hell with them for a month or 2 and poeple will scream its OP,its gunna b fun.

and the other stuff iz sure nice too.

thnx weegee.:)

Chillax!! Have A Little Fun!! :great:

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 18 February 2022 - 07:44 PM

Colonel

• 47075 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

View Postcobra_marksman, on 18 February 2022 - 12:42 PM, said:

You have 30 days of guys grinding these missions and disrupting the flow of the game. :facepalm:

Granted they'll be grinding their missions and maybe also helping out to win the round, but don't count on it.

If they insist on putting out these types of Grinds, they need to come up with a better way of rewarding players that are doing their daily for Field drops & Tokens.

Field drops & tokens are required, in this game to build & advance your set of planes.

Hanging a "Must Win " on these missions, during this grind is really going to be frustrating to their player base.

Maybe removing the " must win " or come up with a better system to reward players accomplishments,

If in fact this is going to be the new direction of selling to their player base " Certificates " in the Cash or Credit Store

Hey, don't get me wrong, some players, " do like this grind for a free plane," still other don't mind buying their way to a new Fighter plane.

Other players would just like to play the game and continue to build & modify their set of planes.

Being a Bomber & Gaa. pilot not really interested in some of those month-long grinds for a fighter plane,

Anyway.....here we go again.... might consider taking the month off...lol. :facepalm:

I don't see any 'must win' restrictions.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Blaster_63 #10 Posted 18 February 2022 - 08:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5156 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Respectfully, #15 and #25 have must win conditions

Edited by Blaster_63, 18 February 2022 - 08:07 PM.

J311yfish #11 Posted 18 February 2022 - 08:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8032 battles
  • [343] 343
15 and 25 have 'must win' requirements. Which isn't really that bad even if you consider losing the first time you achieve it. The alternative is more grind. You have a chance to be done with the task in a few battles, if you are reasonably good.

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War // History of World of Warplanes

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

cobra_marksman #12 Posted 18 February 2022 - 10:35 PM

• 14075 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 18 February 2022 - 02:44 PM, said:

I don't see any 'must win' restrictions.

Was referring to the " must win " in most of the Daily's.... for (1 - 4 - 10 tokens).

Also, all players ....." must win  in the battle to receive any Field Drops regardless of their score or performance in battle.

Aka. - You can score 20,000 points in battle and get absolutely   " 0 " credits towards any...... Field Drops or Tokens.

My point being: that during these events battles will go sideways and you'll find yourself alone trying to cap bases due to players chasing & grinding these month-long events.

Bottom line: you're going to grind till your Blind, buy some of the certificates to complete this event, or just really p#@$% off players trying to complete a "must win".

Edited by cobra_marksman, 18 February 2022 - 10:53 PM.

hoom #13 Posted 19 February 2022 - 03:25 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15913 battles

A lot of grind in 8, 11, 16, 18 & 22.

Best to have German T9/10 Bombers ready for this as they'll get you that Ground target damage quickest & also make the sections of ground targets missions a cinch.

Will also want a high-tier big damage dealer like Hunter for the damage to aerial targets.

14 shouldn't be too hard, it was 9 in previous events from recollection, still gonna need to get good RNGesus & go full in on it.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

J311yfish #14 Posted 19 February 2022 - 11:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8032 battles
  • [343] 343

View PostSilvin, on 18 February 2022 - 10:41 AM, said:

a plane that does not seem that impressive (at least compared to its tech tree sibling). 

I think it is a bit early, or short-sighted, to make a subjective comment like that.  Even if you do succeed in finding numerical values for performance (gamemodels3d), those are just numbers, and tell you nothing about the Pilot (such as Charles Donovan, Millie Elliot), Modules, or skill of the human pilot behind the aircraft.  The value of the aircraft will be revealed in combat relative to other fighters.  Also, at the very least, it's another daily XP boost for Donovan and Elliot, which helps many other U.K. premiums.

CorvusCorvax #15 Posted 19 February 2022 - 03:20 PM

Colonel

• 7224 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostJ311yfish, on 19 February 2022 - 11:37 AM, said:

I think it is a bit early, or short-sighted, to make a subjective comment like that.  Even if you do succeed in finding numerical values for performance (gamemodels3d), those are just numbers, and tell you nothing about the Pilot (such as Charles Donovan, Millie Elliot), Modules, or skill of the human pilot behind the aircraft.  The value of the aircraft will be revealed in combat relative to other fighters.  Also, at the very least, it's another daily XP boost for Donovan and Elliot, which helps many other U.K. premiums.

That, in itself, is not reason enough to spend hours per day on the plane.

The other premium Spitfires at least have some sort of attraction to make them different from their tech tree mates - enough to make someone open up their wallet, or spend time on the grind.

As a premium plane collector myself, I find this about the least-compelling example of the premium Spitfire.  And, as a person who has every other U.K. premium - Millie and Donovan have PLENTY of training aircraft available.

I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

J311yfish #16 Posted 19 February 2022 - 06:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8032 battles
  • [343] 343

I guess it is good for you that it is not compelling, that way you don't feel like you are missing out.  On the other hand, I think an opportunity for a free airplane (just by playing the game, as I was doing anyway) is a good deal.

As of yet there is no Spitfire premium for tier VII -- only the Meteor F.1 for U.K.  Tier VII otherwise does not have many premiums available relative to other tiers.  For fighters you have the 302, La-9RD, Yak-3RD, Meteor, P-51K.  In that context, Spitfire XVI is different enough.

Regarding Spitfire premiums being different from their stable mates, probably you are not speaking of the Spitfire Vb or Spitfire Vb IM, which are identical to each other (and arguably not that different from the Spitfire V). You are probably referring to the Spitfire DB.605 for Germany; however, all of these are Tier VI.  Only the Spitfire Ia at tier V could be considered exceptionally different -- but it is not the plane itself, but rather the pilot Charles Donovan that improves it.

ZEROmark1 #17 Posted 19 February 2022 - 08:01 PM

Senior Airman

• 11404 battles
  • [PNW_A] PNW_A

Thank you Jelly, I have wanted WG to post the missions this way since they started these month long grind missions. I spent so much time looking this info up to make sure I was using the correct aircraft type and to ensure I was driving at the correct requirements to complete the medal or achievement.

Hopefully WG can post the next one in this format, thanks again Jelly.

CorvusCorvax #18 Posted 19 February 2022 - 08:11 PM

Colonel

• 7224 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostJ311yfish, on 19 February 2022 - 06:11 PM, said:

I think an opportunity for a free airplane (just by playing the game, as I was doing anyway) is a good deal.

The casual player "just playing the game" is not going to get this plane.  You actually have to dedicate some time to it.

No, it is not worth the grind to do it, either in time spent, or in money spent.  Yes, the Vb isn't too much different from the V.  But the V IM is quite different.  Not on the basis of performance, but for rarity and availability.  The Ia si very different from the I, and the V DB605 is really different from the V.

This plane isn't going to come to those who "just play".  This plane is going to take dedicated time and effort.  In the end, wait for this plane to come to the premium shop, or let it drop in a crate.  Don't spend the next month grinding a plane that is not that great in T7, in a tier where you face T8 planes more often than not.  It goes then from a role-player to an inconsequential plane to the overall battle, having to go up against Vampires and other T8 planes that outclass it in every performance category.

Bobby_Tables #19 Posted 19 February 2022 - 09:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• 15670 battles
  • [DIXX] DIXX

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 19 February 2022 - 02:11 PM, said:

The casual player "just playing the game" is not going to get this plane.  You actually have to dedicate some time to it.

There is wisdom in your words for all WOWP players to hear. However, in this quest, there are some nice trinkets for which I would sell the territory of Oklahoma.

So, progressing along this Candyland map of missions might result in some nice things (TOKENS!!!). While I may not receive another Spit, I will at least get to the Token part.

*Disclaimer* I do not buy crypto, but I do hoard Tokens. They are my crypto.

CorvusCorvax #20 Posted 19 February 2022 - 10:01 PM

Colonel

• 7224 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostBobby_Tables, on 19 February 2022 - 09:45 PM, said:

There is wisdom in your words for all WOWP players to hear. However, in this quest, there are some nice trinkets for which I would sell the territory of Oklahoma.

So, progressing along this Candyland map of missions might result in some nice things (TOKENS!!!). While I may not receive another Spit, I will at least get to the Token part.

*Disclaimer* I do not buy crypto, but I do hoard Tokens. They are my crypto.

Yes.  This.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users