Jump to content


unique pilot -- Albrecht Schneider -- Me 410


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

J311yfish #1 Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:16 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 8830 battles
  • 1,737
  • [343] 343
  • Member since:
    12-13-2013
Sometime ago there was there was mention of a special pilot for Me 410.  I think it was between 02/2021 and 08/2021.  Just wondering if that is still on the horizon.  Thank you for your time and interest.

Edited by J311yfish, 13 January 2022 - 08:42 PM.

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War // History of World of Warplanes

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures


12_inch_Hawk #2 Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 41727 battles
  • 1,217
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018

There were announcements for;

 

1-High tier American bombers

 

2- German pilot Albrecht Schneider, trained for the Messerschmitt Me 410 Hornisse heavy fighter 

Update 2.1.5 | World of Warplanes

 

3- Experimental Reinforced Airframe (Period II, III)

Experimental Long Gun Barrels (Periods I, II, III)

Update 2.1.9 | World of Warplanes

 

4- Hawk Supply crates 

Update 2.1.9 | World of Warplanes

 

We haven't received any of them yet.

 

Experimental reinforced airframe would be good for American bombers.  A heavy pilot and experimental long gun barrels would be good for killing American bombers.  Hawk crates have experimental turret armor which is only good for bombers, experimental polished skin, and experimental reinforced bolt carriers which could help chase down and kill bombers.  I'm expecting some sort of event to release them all together but I was disappointed it was not the Christmas event.  The American bombers could have been like the British multiroles  when they first did the candy cane trail.  Albrecht Schneider would have replaced Rudolf Hawker.  


Edited by 12_inch_Hawk, 13 January 2022 - 07:52 PM.


Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:23 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 51367 battles
  • 7,832
  • [94APS] 94APS
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

Well they did give us the Pez Dispenser at Tier III.  That's a start, maybe?  If you squint real hard that French emblem looks like an American emblem.  And Tier III is almost Period III, ain't it?  DOH

 

:(

 

My EX promised to be faithful, too.  Promises are made to be broken, I suppose.

 

:angry:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

J311yfish #4 Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 8830 battles
  • 1,737
  • [343] 343
  • Member since:
    12-13-2013
Thank you for very thorough reply.  Here's hoping we see this unique pilot in game soon.  Might be a great response/alternative to XP-54.

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War // History of World of Warplanes

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures


Jaguardian #5 Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 528 battles
  • 1,055
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Post12_inch_Hawk, on 13 January 2022 - 01:48 PM, said:

There were announcements for;

 

1-High tier American bombers

 

2- German pilot Albrecht Schneider, trained for the Messerschmitt Me 410 Hornisse heavy fighter 

Update 2.1.5 | World of Warplanes

 

3- Experimental Reinforced Airframe (Period II, III)

Experimental Long Gun Barrels (Periods I, II, III)

Update 2.1.9 | World of Warplanes

 

4- Hawk Supply crates 

Update 2.1.9 | World of Warplanes

 

We haven't received any of them yet.

 

Experimental reinforced airframe would be good for American bombers.  A heavy pilot and experimental long gun barrels would be good for killing American bombers.  Hawk crates have experimental turret armor which is only good for bombers, experimental polished skin, and experimental reinforced bolt carriers which could help chase down and kill bombers.  I'm expecting some sort of event to release them all together but I was disappointed it was not the Christmas event.  The American bombers could have been like the British multiroles  when they first did the candy cane trail.  Albrecht Schneider would have replaced Rudolf Hawker.  

 

You forgot one of the very first announcements they made when the game was initially released, which was CLAN WARS.  Hope you guys waiting for this stuff have better luck than those of us that wanted clan wars.



CorvusCorvax #6 Posted 15 January 2022 - 04:30 AM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7648 battles
  • 9,261
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostJ311yfish, on 13 January 2022 - 07:16 PM, said:

Sometime ago there was there was mention of a special pilot for Me 410.  I think it was between 02/2021 and 08/2021.  Just wondering if that is still on the horizon.  Thank you for your time and interest.

How do you make an already-powerful HF even more powerful?  Stick a special pilot in it!

 

Or, we could get the Cadman Miller version of a HF pilot.  Skills that offer no value at all to the plane for which he is designed.

 

Or, add yet another HF to counter THAT HF - the Westland Whirlwind.  Make it just a little faster, just a little more altitude, and just a little bit more turny.  But make it fragile.  A straight-up counter, but not strong enough to tip the balance.


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

jack_wdw #7 Posted 31 August 2022 - 02:20 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4681 battles
  • 1,307
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012

On EU there is a post from WG announcing Albrecht Schneider (september marathon)

http://forum.worldof...e-night-hunter/

 

https://worldofwarpl...september-2022/


Edited by jack_wdw, 31 August 2022 - 02:21 PM.

This account is the family car, my other car is wack007@eu

_Bronze_ #8 Posted 31 August 2022 - 02:30 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10 battles
  • 348
  • Member since:
    09-15-2020

View Postjack_wdw, on 31 August 2022 - 09:20 AM, said:

On EU there is a post from WG announcing Albrecht Schneider (september marathon)

http://forum.worldof...e-night-hunter/

 

https://worldofwarpl...september-2022/

 

We already have the relevant Homepage link:  https://worldofwarpl...september-2022/

It's just the double Skua posting that needs to be changed/updated http://forum.worldof...t-your-engines/



Four_Leaf_Tayback #9 Posted 31 August 2022 - 08:15 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 352 battles
  • 987
  • Member since:
    06-28-2017

I like this mission.

 

Maybe they took my advice about not making these things too grindy. Those who will pay for the certs will do so anyway so they can get the pilot fast. Those who want to grind will not find it so onerous. It will likely result in a larger population online which is always good because more people mean more wallets/purses/fanny-packs.


Call me Bobby (DIXX)

teehsee #10 Posted 31 August 2022 - 11:39 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 101 battles
  • 52
  • [GOM] GOM
  • Member since:
    07-02-2022

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 31 August 2022 - 08:15 PM, said:

I like this mission.

 

Maybe they took my advice about not making these things too grindy. Those who will pay for the certs will do so anyway so they can get the pilot fast. Those who want to grind will not find it so onerous. It will likely result in a larger population online which is always good because more people mean more wallets/purses/fanny-packs.

I agree,great assessment.



CorvusCorvax #11 Posted 01 September 2022 - 12:04 AM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7648 battles
  • 9,261
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 31 August 2022 - 12:15 PM, said:

I like this mission.

 

Maybe they took my advice about not making these things too grindy. Those who will pay for the certs will do so anyway so they can get the pilot fast. Those who want to grind will not find it so onerous. It will likely result in a larger population online which is always good because more people mean more wallets/purses/fanny-packs.

And a month to get the grind done.

My Free2Play account will be happy.  I might even buy for my Pay2Win account...


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

Flushmaster #12 Posted 01 September 2022 - 06:34 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6235 battles
  • 305
  • [T_E_S] T_E_S
  • Member since:
    12-10-2014

View PostJaguardian, on 14 January 2022 - 11:58 AM, said:

 

You forgot one of the very first announcements they made when the game was initially released, which was CLAN WARS.  Hope you guys waiting for this stuff have better luck than those of us that wanted clan wars.

 

Something that might encourage more people to actually play the game? Surely that takes a lower priority than yet another extra special variety of loot crate that has a slightly different mix of random stuff in it.

 

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 14 January 2022 - 11:30 PM, said:

Or, add yet another HF to counter THAT HF - the Westland Whirlwind.  Make it just a little faster, just a little more altitude, and just a little bit more turny.  But make it fragile.  A straight-up counter, but not strong enough to tip the balance.

 

You just described the XP-54, but from the tone of the rest of the post implies that you're being sarcastic so I'll let it slide, even though the 410 is reasonably counterable by any other heavy at T6 with a mix of skill and situational awareness ("turns like a motorized barn" is a pretty exploitable weakness if you don't let it line up a good shot on you first). 



CorvusCorvax #13 Posted 01 September 2022 - 01:12 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7648 battles
  • 9,261
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostFlushmaster, on 31 August 2022 - 10:34 PM, said:

 

Something that might encourage more people to actually play the game? Surely that takes a lower priority than yet another extra special variety of loot crate that has a slightly different mix of random stuff in it.

 

 

You just described the XP-54, but from the tone of the rest of the post implies that you're being sarcastic so I'll let it slide, even though the 410 is reasonably counterable by any other heavy at T6 with a mix of skill and situational awareness ("turns like a motorized barn" is a pretty exploitable weakness if you don't let it line up a good shot on you first). 

Yes, sarcasm.  Which I should stop doing, since it rarely comes across well in text.  :(


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users