Extreme 3D Pro joystick Trigger Problem

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

painintheglute #21 Posted 22 March 2022 - 01:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 347 battles
  • [GOM] GOM

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 22 March 2022 - 12:56 PM, said:

Some of us haven't been playing flying games since the 80s. We aren't Mouseketeers.

Mouseketeer might be my new alt.

good one sir,,:teethhappy:

Chillax!! Have A Little Fun!! :great:

egikov #22 Posted 26 March 2022 - 02:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 7001 battles
  • [ALAS] ALAS
I heard that even some mouse users have this problem. The shooting stops in extreme maneuvering with a lot of planes in the air.

Market_ #23 Posted 18 August 2022 - 11:53 PM

Airman Basic

• 14796 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

ADA said ...

Tried different USB ports   CHECK

Tried different computer

Checked Driver (Best Driver Installed Message) CHECK
Calibrated the joystick CHECK
Cleared game cache CHECK
Launched game in safe mode
Reset game settings to default and reconfigured CHECK
Use button on keyboard to fire - Problem does not occur CHECK
Use button on Joystick base or trigger to fire - Problem occurs CHECK

Swapped out ole Joystiock and dropped in new Logitech 3D Extreme.

The same problem 

J1  (Fire Button NOT working)

J2 (NOT Working)

J3 and J4 ( NOT working)

J5 - J12 all good so have reprogrammed these to do the work. Darn nuisance though, muscle memory.

Haven't yet gone to the Uninstall/Reinstall route. As replacing hardware (new) and testing proves it ain't that.

Seems like a WG problem to me.

Edited by Market_, 19 August 2022 - 12:32 AM.

SkyWolf__WM #24 Posted 19 August 2022 - 01:32 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22848 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMarket_, on 18 August 2022 - 06:53 PM, said:

ADA said ...

Tried different USB ports   CHECK

Tried different computer

Checked Driver (Best Driver Installed Message) CHECK
Calibrated the joystick CHECK
Cleared game cache CHECK
Launched game in safe mode
Reset game settings to default and reconfigured CHECK
Use button on keyboard to fire - Problem does not occur CHECK
Use button on Joystick base or trigger to fire - Problem occurs CHECK

Swapped out ole Joystiock and dropped in new Logitech 3D Extreme.

The same problem 

J1  (Fire Button NOT working)

J2 (NOT Working)

J3 and J4 ( NOT working)

J5 - J12 all good so have reprogrammed these to do the work. Darn nuisance though, muscle memory.

Haven't yet gone to the Uninstall/Reinstall route. As replacing hardware (new) and testing proves it ain't that.

Seems like a WG problem to me.

Nope.  Not a Wee Gee problem. I've been using a 3D Pro since Beta. Check your settings. 

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

UglyBum #25 Posted 04 November 2022 - 01:05 AM

Airman Basic

• 6422 battles

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 19 August 2022 - 01:32 AM, said:

Nope.  Not a Wee Gee problem. I've been using a 3D Pro since Beta. Check your settings. 

I have been using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for 20 years. Went through over a dozen sticks. Once got the extended warranty. Got 3 new sticks until the store manager personally told me "This is the last time".

I bought a new 3D Pro a year ago. After years using the 3D Pro with WoWp without issue. The new one sometimes would not fire. Specifically, it would not fire on bandits. If I lined up a shot from behind and fired, short burst over the bandit, walked my fire down for a direct hit and the bullets stop flying. Then started firing again under the bandit. This makes absolutely no sense.

I tried  Air_Defense_Aircraft's fix except I replaced the new stick's trigger module thing with the old stick's instead of replacing the base. Worked fine after that until the Frankenstein stick died.

Bought a Thrustmaster T-Flight. No trigger issues. But didn't like it.

Then bought a new 3D Pro directly from Logitech. Same 'won't shoot at bandits' issue. Tried just about all the fixes from the other posters on this thread. Reassigning stick buttons to fire has same problem. Keyboard firing has no issues.

Makes no sense. The stick has no circuits. Just buttons and potentiometers.

~Bum

SkyWolf__WM #26 Posted 07 November 2022 - 02:00 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22848 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
I've used a joystick since Sierra Online's "Red Baron" on the Sierra network.  It's a flight game and it never occurred to me to use anything except a joystick. I've flown mostly flight sims so a mouse is a non-starter. 

Air_Defense_Aircraft #27 Posted 07 November 2022 - 11:45 AM

Senior Airman

• 35885 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostUglyBum, on 03 November 2022 - 08:05 PM, said:

I have been using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for 20 years. Went through over a dozen sticks. Once got the extended warranty. Got 3 new sticks until the store manager personally told me "This is the last time".

I bought a new 3D Pro a year ago. After years using the 3D Pro with WoWp without issue. The new one sometimes would not fire. Specifically, it would not fire on bandits. If I lined up a shot from behind and fired, short burst over the bandit, walked my fire down for a direct hit and the bullets stop flying. Then started firing again under the bandit. This makes absolutely no sense.

I tried  Air_Defense_Aircraft's fix except I replaced the new stick's trigger module thing with the old stick's instead of replacing the base. Worked fine after that until the Frankenstein stick died.

Bought a Thrustmaster T-Flight. No trigger issues. But didn't like it.

Then bought a new 3D Pro directly from Logitech. Same 'won't shoot at bandits' issue. Tried just about all the fixes from the other posters on this thread. Reassigning stick buttons to fire has same problem. Keyboard firing has no issues.

Makes no sense. The stick has no circuits. Just buttons and potentiometers.

~Bum

Hi Bum, the problem is defiantly with the stick, Logitech changed the circuit board in the base and that is when it developed the problem in game, I'm on my fourth FrankenStick by moving the base circuit board, see link below, the one on top is the new one, doesn't work. the one on the bottom is the old, AND Works!!!

http://lordofthebots.com/images/ic.jpg

RoIand #28 Posted 07 November 2022 - 01:07 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 6911 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostAir_Defense_Aircraft, on 07 November 2022 - 12:45 PM, said:

Hi Bum, the problem is defiantly with the stick, Logitech changed the circuit board in the base and that is when it developed the problem in game, I'm on my fourth FrankenStick by moving the base circuit board, see link below, the one on top is the new one, doesn't work. the one on the bottom is the old, AND Works!!!

Wow - if the old circuit board is the solution for this stick, everyone who threw away their old worn out stick will be terribly upset.
The board inside is probably worth its weight in gold today as long as the old board is still compatible with a new stick.:coin:

Edited by RoIand, 07 November 2022 - 01:12 PM.

CorvusCorvax #29 Posted 07 November 2022 - 03:50 PM

Colonel

• 7646 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 06 November 2022 - 06:00 PM, said:

I've flown mostly flight sims so a mouse is a non-starter. 

This isn't a flight sim.

It's a cartoony arcade game.

That's really the problem - this game was developed for M+KB use, and it works better that way, in-game.  For those of us that grew up on flight sims including Tornado and Falcon 3.0, then later DCS, having a stick, throttle, and rudder pedals makes total sense.  Except that using those things with WoWP, you can't get a plane to do all the stuff you can using M+KB.  Instant yaw, instant pitch, instant throttle - which can make all the difference between winning and losing a 1v1 fight.

So, now, with developer resources scarce, going with the controls as designed for the game originally makes even more sense.

I get it that folks have preference, or inability to learn a new control system (which amounts to the same thing in the end), but WG is probably not going to dedicate any resources to solving joystick issues.  And really, at the end of all the discussion over preferences for user input, that's the bottom line.

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 07 November 2022 - 03:51 PM.

I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

SkyWolf__WM #30 Posted 07 November 2022 - 04:32 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22848 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 07 November 2022 - 10:50 AM, said:

This isn't a flight sim.

Duh.......

RoIand #31 Posted 07 November 2022 - 04:35 PM

• 6911 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 07 November 2022 - 04:50 PM, said:

This isn't a flight sim.

It's a cartoony arcade game.

That's really the problem - this game was developed for M+KB use, and it works better that way, in-game.  For those of us that grew up on flight sims including Tornado and Falcon 3.0, then later DCS, having a stick, throttle, and rudder pedals makes total sense.  Except that using those things with WoWP, you can't get a plane to do all the stuff you can using M+KB.  Instant yaw, instant pitch, instant throttle - which can make all the difference between winning and losing a 1v1 fight.

So, now, with developer resources scarce, going with the controls as designed for the game originally makes even more sense.

I get it that folks have preference, or inability to learn a new control system (which amounts to the same thing in the end), but WG is probably not going to dedicate any resources to solving joystick issues.  And really, at the end of all the discussion over preferences for user input, that's the bottom line.

I think I've written it before at some point, I flew with stick only in 1.0 and then tried M+KB for the first time in 2.0 and just got along better with M+KB.
So I don't want to say what is better overall, I just want to say what was better for me. 
Then a while back I plugged my old stick back in for fun and totally sucked. Hey I can do both, but I would never play with stick again in 2.0. - never !

Four_Leaf_Tayback #32 Posted 07 November 2022 - 09:55 PM

• 352 battles

View PostRoIand, on 07 November 2022 - 10:35 AM, said:

I think I've written it before at some point, I flew with stick only in 1.0 and then tried M+KB for the first time in 2.0 and just got along better with M+KB.

I did the same. After going through 3 Logitech joysticks in as many years, I went back to M+KB and never looked back. Interesting to read about issues with the newer Logitech joysticks. I think both Logitech and WOWP threw in the towel some time ago and are just going through the motions nowadays. 

Call me Bobby (DIXX)

UglyBum #33 Posted 08 November 2022 - 02:40 AM

Airman Basic

• 6422 battles

View PostAir_Defense_Aircraft, on 07 November 2022 - 11:45 AM, said:

YEP! That is the root of the problem. Yesterday I took out this little board from my old frankenstick and installed it on my brand new 3D Pro (purchased directly form Logitech). Shooting problem is gone and I now have brand new stick with crisp new buttons and smooth potentiometer response. And you only have to remove the 8 base screws to make the switch. No need to take the handle off.

But this is only a workaround. The problem no longer affects me but it remains. That a joystick stops shooting when aimed at a target does not make sense.  Before the transplant, I tried my new 3D Pro on other combat sim and fired at bandits without issue. This a Logitech/WoWp combination issue. Chances of getting answers from either outfit seems unlikely.

~Bum

JEBby_Stuart #34 Posted 03 January 2023 - 03:05 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15071 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Same issue here.  Replaced circuit board in base and was able to get new 3dpro working.  Ordered a new 1 hoping logitech had fixed and they havent.  Taking apart these things is not fun so I am looking (unfortunately, since this is my 6th extrme3dpro) for a replacement.  Any suggestions?  Tried thrustmastwer X and didnt work right....

SCS_Captkirk #35 Posted 03 January 2023 - 03:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2807 battles
  • [BOBL] BOBL

I must be the oddball..always used Logitech for sticks and never had them do that.

I've worn out several..last one the cat upchucked on it. My current 3D Pro is 2 years old with no problems. I think this maybe a settings issue,rip it all out and use CCleaner, and poke around to find anything left behind.

US Army,11 years -Tank Commander 19E/19K-20

M60A1/A3

M1/M1A1

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #36 Posted 03 January 2023 - 04:48 PM

Major

• 1976 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSCS_Captkirk, on 03 January 2023 - 10:57 AM, said:

I must be the oddball..always used Logitech for sticks and never had them do that.

I've worn out several..last one the cat upchucked on it. My current 3D Pro is 2 years old with no problems. I think this maybe a settings issue,rip it all out and use CCleaner, and poke around to find anything left behind.

the cat was speaking to you in it's native language

:trollface:

DeadFishStink #37 Posted Yesterday, 10:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4 battles

Have the same issue for the past say 1.5 months.    Extreme 3D Pro calibrated and working just fine.     Guns fire all day long (overheat not included) when I'm flying and nothings

really around.     Get into combat, and the guns fire intermittently.    Haven't noticed if it's combined with maneuvering or not, but it seems to get worse the more congested the local 

area is in terms of players and AI.    

Gets frustrating for sure when I'm dead nuts behind someone laying on the trigger and plop....guns stop.      Seems to only be small arm weapons.   Any plane I have a center mount cannon type weapon that

one fires just fine.      Not really sure how to update drivers for 3D pro, as it seems to grab them when I plug it into the USB port.

It's not a question of where I'm aiming, it's just a question of the guns just stopping.    Let go of the fire button and hit it again it may work for a short burst, may work for a long burst, but it certainly seems bugged.

Even bought a new 3D to make sure it wasn't hardware on my end.....

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users