I've just about reached the limit of my patience

bug bugs long term bugs unfixed bugs previously reported bugs

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Moonrider #1 Posted 15 December 2021 - 07:51 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 6686 battles

I'm about ready to uninstall and walk away from the game forever, even though there's nothing else like it.
I've been waiting for code and framerate optimization since alpha test.

I've been waiting for disk access optimization since alpha test. There's no reason for an update to fragment almost every game file other than sheer incompetence, especially on a disk that's 91% EMPTY.

There's no reason for game files being CORRUPTED to the point they need repair every three to 5 games.

There's no reason for my hits not registering when another plane is shooting at the same target.

There's NO POINT IN ADDING NEW CONTENT IF THE GAME IS BROKEN TO THE POINT OF UNPLAYABILITY FOR PLAYERS THAT CAN'T AFFORD A SUPERCOMPUTER.

You know, after proofreading this post. . .

Scrap the "just about" and "about ready." It's been EIGHT YEARS. FIX YOUR BUGS.

Bye.

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.
-- Albert Camus

Luphelia #2 Posted 15 December 2021 - 10:19 PM

Senior Airman

• 1762 battles

There's no reason for game files being CORRUPTED to the point they need repair every three to 5 games.

There's no reason for my hits not registering when another plane is shooting at the same target.

Just saying, I don't have these problems man.

In my opinion, the game is fine and new content should be number 1 priority.

WhoaBlackBetty #3 Posted 15 December 2021 - 10:50 PM

Captain

• 7257 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

Sorry you are having those probs, Moon.  I don't have them, either.  The bugs you mention are not the only ones and I also hope WPs can fix as many as they can for you.

WBB

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!
J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."

"Fair" is a 4 letter "F" word.                                                                                                                   

Dennez #4 Posted 15 December 2021 - 10:52 PM

• 1953 battles
  • [COD-] COD-

i hope this doesnt turn you into an active shooter.

whats next?? you just gonna hit the sky and start shooting people down at random??

on a serious note-ive never had the problems you described and i play on a low end lap-top HP

just a man with a big rooster.

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 15 December 2021 - 11:15 PM

Colonel

• 46304 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS
Well, I can say for sure that something is seriously whack today.  I just got my first Hero of the Sky at Tier X and no dadburn token.  It really does try your patience when long time bugs just keep appearing again and again accompanied of course, by new ones.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

cobra_marksman #6 Posted 15 December 2021 - 11:32 PM

• 14035 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 15 December 2021 - 06:15 PM, said:

Well, I can say for sure that something is seriously whack today.  I just got my first Hero of the Sky at Tier X and no dadburn token.  It really does try your patience when long time bugs just keep appearing again and again accompanied of course, by new ones.

Welcome to the "Missing Token Club " :coin:

You have officially Earned the right to register a complaint

But be careful of what you say, you'll be labeled a :child:

losttwo #7 Posted 16 December 2021 - 02:47 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13643 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

View PostMoonrider, on 15 December 2021 - 02:51 PM, said:

I'm about ready to uninstall and walk away from the game forever, even though there's nothing else like it.
I've been waiting for code and framerate optimization since alpha test.

I've been waiting for disk access optimization since alpha test. There's no reason for an update to fragment almost every game file other than sheer incompetence, especially on a disk that's 91% EMPTY.

There's NO POINT IN ADDING NEW CONTENT IF THE GAME IS BROKEN TO THE POINT OF UNPLAYABILITY FOR PLAYERS THAT CAN'T AFFORD A SUPERCOMPUTER.

You know, after proofreading this post. . .

Scrap the "just about" and "about ready." It's been EIGHT YEARS. FIX YOUR BUGS.

Bye.

I do feel your pain. 

I have been there before.

That is why I stopped playing from 1.8 until 2.1 

The difference is I was just too cheap to buy an upgraded computer to play WOWP on. 

Was too cynical to try a Russian game on my Art rig. 

Well, OK. Russian really had nothing to do with it. 

I just would not download any non-art program or work-related programs. 

I was however setting aside my money for a low-end gamer.

Now I use a HP all in one. Around $400 worth of computer. 

I very rarely have any issues playing and have less bugs than most people post about on the forums. 

Another thing is that it could be your internet too. 

I also upgraded my internet to a bigger better higher rate. 

my WOWP rig

Device name DESKTOP-U17CMPL
Processor Intel® Core™ i3-6100T CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edited by losttwo, 16 December 2021 - 04:58 AM.

Bobby_Tables #8 Posted 16 December 2021 - 04:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 15414 battles
  • [DIXX] DIXX

That is weird. I do not have these issues. I do run the game on a desktop and on my primary (c drive which is an SSD. An SSD should never be defragmented so I have never looked at how the game is allocated on the disk. The temp files and game captures (temp for 3 days) all go to my physical disks.

I did, at one time, run this game off a physical disk, and again never saw that kind of issue.

There are so many things to troubleshoot, but I think you might have an issue on your computer. If you do not see a lot of similar complaints to yours, it might involve some issue with your computer. The first thing I would recommend is a diagnostic on your hard drive. Even if it is not close to full, if you are having issues like you describe, it seems to me like it might be a disk issue. 

Then again, you may have done a lot of troubleshooting on the disk and if so, I am not sure what to tell you. An SSD might solve your issues but if you are on a laptop, that might be difficult depending on the laptop. 

I am curious to know your computer specs. 

Good luck with this. I don't think it's a game issue since I have not seen any (far as I can tell) similar complaints to yours (as far as disk issues).

For hit registration, this seems to be a part of the game. When a bot or other player is hitting the enemy plane, I have found my shots do not register very well. Unless the bot/player peels off. I think this is a built-in feature where it's first come/first served.

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 16 December 2021 - 04:15 AM.

Thorondar #9 Posted 16 December 2021 - 05:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7622 battles
  • [DIXX] DIXX
The only issue I use to have was having to run repair check a LOT on the game because of severe lag (other aircraft doing the electric slide sideways).  Then I learned to not just hit the orange PLAY button but the little arrow to the side and I choose the option that will load the game and clears out my cache and I paid for faster internet speed.  Since then I never have lag issues but I do occasionally DC when heading back to hanger AFTER a battle, invisible ground target bug and respawning in someone else aircraft.  Those are WeeGee issues.  I also once a week run defrag, avast cleanup and virus/spyware programs (I have those run automatically during my sleep hours).

Moonrider #10 Posted 16 December 2021 - 01:55 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 6686 battles

Guys, I appreciate the sympathy.

No. Other. Wargaming. Title. Has any problem running on this system. Just WoWPs

The main competitor to Wargaming's titles runs like a dream. If I liked the gameplay, I wouldn't be here at all.

I'm just tired of spending more time in "Check and Repair" than playing.

Ping test and traceroute: You'll notice I am only ONE hop away from the game server.

Spoiler

Here's the system specs for those wondering:

Spoiler

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.
-- Albert Camus

AirCrewChief #11 Posted 16 December 2021 - 02:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 84 battles
  • [7CR] 7CR

I ran a few flights this morning.  My system's pretty old, but it seems to be handling everything ok.  I can't speak to the rewards though, I don't have any high-tier planes.  I was hoping to get a candy drop, but that didn't happen.  Also, my thanks to WG for a really nice holiday ramp!

Asus Sabertooth 990FX r2.0 motherboard, liquid-cooled AMD FX9590 CPU, and 32gb Ballistix DDR3 RAM

Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200W power supply

liquid-cooled AMD RX580 Red Devil GPU and Soundblaster Z audio card

JackG79 #12 Posted 22 December 2021 - 08:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6753 battles

View PostDennez, on 15 December 2021 - 10:52 PM, said:

i hope this doesnt turn you into an active shooter.

whats next?? you just gonna hit the sky and start shooting people down at random??

on a serious note-ive never had the problems you described and i play on a low end lap-top HP

Been playing on laptops for years.  About all I have room for right now.   I did just get a great gaming laptop, but this game has played fairly well for me on a gaming laptop.    

I hope you change your mind Moon.   Last thing we need is to start losing veteran players like yourself!! 

buddahcjcc #13 Posted 20 March 2022 - 06:10 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1138 battles
I cant even instll the gaame and have it work. Some GUI file is missing, and Ive reinstalled the game 4 friggin times now, and every time the same bullcrap happens

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users