Thanks Wg for the fall missions and extra weekend missions.

missions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Wrongway_Conway #1 Posted 22 November 2021 - 09:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10 battles

I remember last year in addition to being a newbie I was more bored with just grinding my dailies as that was all there was to do until the major holiday mission came around. This year we are getting 1 month mission grinds for planes in addition some better 3 and 4 day weekend mission rewards. For that I say "well done Wg."

What? No complaining from me? What has happened to Marko? Well for one thing a whole year has gone by so I'm a much better pilot and I have gotten used to the bots being the bots meaning they will do what they will do and if I draw the short straw on a battle then I take the loss and move on. Nothing I say (or complain about) will change the battlefield conditions.

I even bought a few certificates to grind the Antonov M Masha 1 month mission to skip the hardest (or too time consuming) parts to complete it and I really like that plane, especially that I can make good coin with it. I also like the fact that it isn't an op plane to wreck high tier battles when flying other 8, 9, or 10 planes. Just the right balance of guns for tier IX. So that 1 month mission was a "well done Wg" for me. Now I'm over 300 aerial kills and well on my way to getting the Air Cobra and the Lagg-3 in the current 1 month mission so another "well done Wg" again. I'm skipping the Hs 129a because it's bad. Don't misunderstand me on that, it's supposed to be a bad plane to be like it was bad for Germany in WWII. I found a video on it that explains why the Hs 129 was a terrible plane so Wg is just recreating the same here in WoWP.

Hitler's A-10 - The Henschel Hs 129 Tank Buster

For sure there will always be my "gripe" missions where all sectors go red and the battle is done and lost in < 5 minutes. But that's the way a high rng factor game is and when that happens too many times I will stop and come back later and usually get some better battles.

So all in all with Wg adding more missions for us this fall I just wanted them to know I greatly appreciate that they are devoting a few more resources to this game.

Thank you.

You've got to grind, grind, grind...

losttwo #2 Posted 22 November 2021 - 10:38 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13520 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

Actually the Hs 129a is well worth the grind 

I have 40 battles at 73% win rate

1.48 aerial kills per sortie

2.68 ground target per sortie

AND IT IS A PREMIUM 

Wrongway_Conway #3 Posted 22 November 2021 - 10:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 22 November 2021 - 05:38 AM, said:

Actually the Hs 129a is well worth the grind 

I have 40 battles at 73% win rate

1.48 aerial kills per sortie

2.68 ground target per sortie

AND IT IS A PREMIUM 

Hmm... then why does Postal Monkey and The Noble Q say the HS 129a is a bad aircraft? They usually have the "right stuff" to fly any plane properly and effectively.

You've got to grind, grind, grind...

TeamTerrence #4 Posted 22 November 2021 - 12:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6 battles
  • [SS-G2] SS-G2

View PostWrongway_Conway, on 22 November 2021 - 05:57 AM, said:

Hmm... then why does Postal Monkey and The Noble Q say the HS 129a is a bad aircraft? They usually have the "right stuff" to fly any plane properly and effectively.

What you think of it is all that matters..... shame Planes doesn't offer rentals like Tanks to see if cash purchase items are worth it to the potential buyer.

losttwo #5 Posted 22 November 2021 - 12:26 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13520 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

View PostWrongway_Conway, on 22 November 2021 - 05:57 AM, said:

Because that is THEIR opinion based on THIER experience. 

You will never know what your experience is if you do not fly it.

Like jumping out of a plane. Some people do not like jumping out of a plane. 

Others do it on a regular basis. 

MOST OFTHEM USE PARACHUTES

trikke #6 Posted 22 November 2021 - 01:25 PM

Major

• 6717 battles
  • [CWM] CWM
outta plus+1s again      funny, LT!

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore     

#smarterpilotscanpostpics

Trauglodyte #7 Posted 22 November 2021 - 03:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3802 battles

View PostWrongway_Conway, on 22 November 2021 - 10:57 AM, said:

The Henschel Hs 129 A is a good plane.  The only drawbacks are:

1. It is super mega slow
  2. It has no self-defense weaponry (which doesn't matter because even a 15 point gunner won't save you at that tier)
  3. It doesn't have the 37 mm gun that the Hs 129 B sports

In reality, what hurts it is the fact that tier 4 is going to be heavily subjected to 3 node maps OR 5 node maps.  On the 3 node maps, the bulk of the combat will be in the center and you're screwed, regardless, because you're in a GAA and won't be doing anything in the center, thus spending an inordinate amount of time on the fringes.  On the 5 node maps, your lack of speed will greatly blast you in the face, meaning that you'll need to stay in the no-man's land between your 2 base nodes and the middle.

It is a great plane that is subjected to bad WG map design.  Plus, let's be honest.  GAA are largely humped, until tier 8.

Sink_Stuff #8 Posted 23 November 2021 - 05:03 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3469 battles

View PostWrongway_Conway, on 22 November 2021 - 10:57 AM, said:

The reason that both players say the plane isn't that good is because of basic reasons that they even state in their videos. However, Postal barely ever plays GAA planes and only has 1000 games in all GAA planes. TheNobleQ on the other hand actually does better in his HS 129A than Losttwo does. However, as he states in his video the reason both of these streamers / you tubers do not like the planes have more to do with the tier and the aircraft type than anything else. In essence, low tier GAA planes are a losing battle. Being able to get a 70% win rate in a tier 4 GAA is not something to brag about as far as win rate goes for the tier. Almost anyone above average can get 70% win rates in many tier 4 planes. Yet, a 70% win rate in a tier 4 GAA is something to brag about. Often players who achieve this have help from a flight mate. In short, playing a tier 4 GAA is setting yourself up for a loss over many other tier 4 aircraft. This is the main reason why most players say low tier GAA are bad. And they say this often about all low tier GAA. So the HS 129a is not a bad plane. It's a tier 4 GAA and that is what is bad. 

losttwo #9 Posted 23 November 2021 - 11:07 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13520 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

View PostSink_Stuff, on 23 November 2021 - 12:03 AM, said:

. Often players who achieve this have help from a flight mate.

The only part of the statement I do not agree with. 

While I agree that their are  players with a high win rate because of flights

One must remember that there are also the die hard solo player that can achieve a high win rate

Me as an example, while my overall win rate is average, individual planes win rates can be high. 

My flights are less than 5% of my total battles. 

trikke #10 Posted 23 November 2021 - 10:39 PM

Major

• 6717 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

not that this has anything with Fall missions, but flights are dead serious OP       but there's nothing that can or really ever will be done about 'em

if one partner makes too many judgment errors during a battle, chances are that the other partner will be having a great battle

a solo guy doesn't have that luxury         and if the flight is commed up, that right there is a force multiplier

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore     

#smarterpilotscanpostpics

Also tagged with missions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users