I Need Assistance

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

PostTraumatic #1 Posted 22 November 2021 - 03:53 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1544 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I have not been able to play the game in 3 years.  Every time I log in the game crashes when it tries to load my profile.  I think it is due to having way too many contacts in the game.  

back then WG blamed my computer and my connection potentially.  I have a new computer and location and still have the same problem.  So that is not it.

I need someone with WG to delete my contacts list within the game.  Which is a shame because I have thousands of contacts from when I used to do the Bar & Grill channel.  

Please do admins or Devs check the forum?  I put in a ticket again but I am expecting a robo-reply.

I will let everyone know if WG can finally fix this.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 22 November 2021 - 03:54 AM.

hoom #2 Posted 22 November 2021 - 04:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14740 battles

@blindfold checks forums moderately frequently.

Probably best to put a thread in http://forum.worldof...rror-reporting/

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

SpiritFoxMY #3 Posted 22 November 2021 - 04:39 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7571 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

Did you provide your game logs to support?

You can try the official Discord which might be easier to get attention or at least follow up with it

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Wrongway_Conway #4 Posted 22 November 2021 - 10:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10 battles

Hmm.... definitely much more technical information on your hardware and Windows setup is required. Crashes can occur for many reasons. Trying to provide help here in the WoWP forum is going to be difficult. But if you want to discuss further then list for us your computer hardware components and your Windows 10 info.

For example I run on a modest computer configuration and the only crash I get is if I run my browser while playing WoWP eventually my screen will go blank requiring me to power off and back on to reset my modest Geforce 1600 AMP! video card. As best I can tell WoWP runs out of some kind of video resource (I have the 6GB version of the 1600) and when that happens the video just shuts off and I have to cold start my computer. If I refrain from using a browser while playing then all is good and I can play all week without a hard crash. I even upped my memory from 16 GB to 48 GB to no avail as it's a video card resource problem. Maybe I just need an 8 GB video card (no useful error in the Windows log file after I reboot so I can't know).

But software interaction crashes can be tricky to diagnose and correct so helping you here or even through Wg tech support will be a difficult task. But go ahead and tell us all you can about your computer hardware and Windows so we can help you (maybe some one has experienced the same or similar problem). 

You've got to grind, grind, grind...

blindfoId #5 Posted 22 November 2021 - 11:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

Hello PostTraumatic,

I'm sorry to hear that you experience issues. The first steps to resolve most common problems are to use Check and Repair option in WGC, clear the cached data using the file from this article, and launch the game in safe mode.

If these steps don't resolve your issue, I'm afraid I cannot help you out with this problem. I strongly recommend contacting our Customer Support

Wrongway_Conway #6 Posted 22 November 2021 - 11:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 22 November 2021 - 06:07 AM, said:

Hello PostTraumatic,

I'm sorry to hear that you experience issues. The first steps to resolve most common problems are to use Check and Repair option in WGC, clear the cached data using the file from this article, and launch the game in safe mode.

If these steps don't resolve your issue, I'm afraid I cannot help you out with this problem. I strongly recommend contacting our Customer Support

Hello Blindfold. Keep up the good work.

PostTraumatic, you should also try and eliminate as many background apps as you can to see if something running in the background is interfering with the WoWP code (like my browser as I previously stated).

You've got to grind, grind, grind...

trikke #7 Posted 22 November 2021 - 02:02 PM

Major

• 6717 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

contact list size can't be your issue        

here's an easy test      create a free email acct somewhere and then create a new wowp acct       betcha money it'll crash again

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore     

#smarterpilotscanpostpics

The_real_Gouldy #8 Posted 22 November 2021 - 04:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles

View Posttrikke, on 22 November 2021 - 09:02 AM, said:

contact list size can't be your issue        

here's an easy test      create a free email acct somewhere and then create a new wowp acct       betcha money it'll crash again

View PostPostTraumatic, on 21 November 2021 - 10:53 PM, said:

I have not been able to play the game in 3 years.  Every time I log in the game crashes when it tries to load my profile.  I think it is due to having way too many contacts in the game.  

back then WG blamed my computer and my connection potentially.  I have a new computer and location and still have the same problem.  So that is not it.

I need someone with WG to delete my contacts list within the game.  Which is a shame because I have thousands of contacts from when I used to do the Bar & Grill channel.  

Please do admins or Devs check the forum?  I put in a ticket again but I am expecting a robo-reply.

I will let everyone know if WG can finally fix this.

SCS_Captkirk #9 Posted 22 November 2021 - 06:55 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2398 battles
  • [BOBL] BOBL

View PostWrongway_Conway, on 22 November 2021 - 05:24 AM, said:

Hmm.... definitely much more technical information on your hardware and Windows setup is required. Crashes can occur for many reasons. Trying to provide help here in the WoWP forum is going to be difficult. But if you want to discuss further then list for us your computer hardware components and your Windows 10 info.

For example I run on a modest computer configuration and the only crash I get is if I run my browser while playing WoWP eventually my screen will go blank requiring me to power off and back on to reset my modest Geforce 1600 AMP! video card. As best I can tell WoWP runs out of some kind of video resource (I have the 6GB version of the 1600) and when that happens the video just shuts off and I have to cold start my computer. If I refrain from using a browser while playing then all is good and I can play all week without a hard crash. I even upped my memory from 16 GB to 48 GB to no avail as it's a video card resource problem. Maybe I just need an 8 GB video card (no useful error in the Windows log file after I reboot so I can't know).

But software interaction crashes can be tricky to diagnose and correct so helping you here or even through Wg tech support will be a difficult task. But go ahead and tell us all you can about your computer hardware and Windows so we can help you (maybe some one has experienced the same or similar problem). 

I have a 6gig Nvidia 1060 and it will do that stuff if I shrink the screen..always has so I don't do it anymore.

US Army,11 years -Tank Commander 19E/19K-20

M60A1/A3

M1/M1A1

Dennez #10 Posted 22 November 2021 - 09:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 779 battles
  • [COD-] COD-

could be a security setting or a virus scanner,see what all is actively running at the same time as wowp.

ill bet one of your programs on your computer that is running at the same time is clashing somehow.

computers are finnicky creatures.

just a man with a big chicken.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 22 November 2021 - 09:35 PM

Major

• 1585 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I believe PostDramatic has correctly diagnosed his issue

to resolve this issue he will have to get Customer Support involved

the rest of ya'll are swinging toothpicks at fruit flies

:facepalm:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

trikke #12 Posted 23 November 2021 - 11:07 PM

Major

• 6717 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

it cannot be caused by just the size of your contact list         it's just a flat file        do you have a ballpark idea of how many names are in it?

please don't delete your contacts!      even if a lot of folks have left, there's still a ton        you never know when someone might pop back in!

to prove it, run it with a brand new throwaway alt acct      if it runs normally, then it was something to do with your old acct      you'll be able to tell Cust Serv that

if creating a new email addy seems daunting, run it with my acct name and pw       i'll just change it after you test it       PM me and we'll work on it together!

we want you back in the skies again, PT

PostTraumatic #13 Posted 25 November 2021 - 12:22 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1544 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I have damn near every player that played up until I was unable to load an anymore.  After every match I would add all humans.  Every time.  It has to be thousands and thousands of contacts. Some that were in Closed Beta may remember when Contacts were client side. They changed that long ago.  

People may remember that I would send out mass invites to the Bar & Grill Channel.  I would send to all contacts at once until they removed that option from me.  It caused  their chat server to crash one time I remember which crashed the game not on my side... on their side. 

Yes , my contacts list once crashed their server. After that I started only inviting online people...

Trikke that was a good suggestion!  I got on my alt account I had forgot about.  "El_Dude"  It loaded just fine and  I am able to play on that account.  So it is not my computer.  When you are in your hangar and someone logs on or off that is in your contacts list the game momentarily freezes for a sec.  People probably do not notice it.  Mine is like that but times a million in my main account.

I do not wan to have to delete my contacts list because I love the community but it does me no good  when I cannot even load the game because of it.  I would prefer the chat server work properly.  I do hae a ticket in.  They are working on it and not being dismissive this time.  Earlier times when I sought help from customer service they denied the problem and said it was my computer or my connection.  

I bet them a bottle of vodka that was the problem and that I had more contacts than anyone on the NA server. I think that got their attention lol 

Edited by PostTraumatic, 25 November 2021 - 01:29 PM.

_Bronze_ #14 Posted 25 November 2021 - 01:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10 battles
I'm waiting for Capn_underoos "Follow this Topic" number to kill their email server and this forum :great:

SkyWolf__WM #15 Posted 25 November 2021 - 09:44 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 18771 battles
  • [T_E_S] T_E_S

View PostPostTraumatic, on 25 November 2021 - 07:22 AM, said:

I have damn near every player that played up until I was unable to load an anymore.  After every match I would add all humans.  Every time.  It has to be thousands and thousands of contacts. Some that were in Closed Beta may remember when Contacts were client side. They changed that long ago.  

People may remember that I would send out mass invites to the Bar & Grill Channel.  I would send to all contacts at once until they removed that option from me.  It caused  their chat server to crash one time I remember which crashed the game not on my side... on their side. 

Yes , my contacts list once crashed their server. After that I started only inviting online people...

Trikke that was a good suggestion!  I got on my alt account I had forgot about.  "El_Dude"  It loaded just fine and  I am able to play on that account.  So it is not my computer.  When you are in your hangar and someone logs on or off that is in your contacts list the game momentarily freezes for a sec.  People probably do not notice it.  Mine is like that but times a million in my main account.

I do not wan to have to delete my contacts list because I love the community but it does me no good  when I cannot even load the game because of it.  I would prefer the chat server work properly.  I do hae a ticket in.  They are working on it and not being dismissive this time.  Earlier times when I sought help from customer service they denied the problem and said it was my computer or my connection.  

I bet them a bottle of vodka that was the problem and that I had more contacts than anyone on the NA server. I think that got their attention lol 

I've been wondering where you went. Missed ya. And I mean that in only a "sort of" gay way Post. :teethhappy:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

trikke #16 Posted 26 November 2021 - 06:44 PM

Major

• 6717 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

used my entire day's worth of plus+1s on this one thread

get back to where you once belonged, PT

PostTraumatic #17 Posted 27 November 2021 - 01:30 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1544 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I have been checking on my ticket regularly and they just updated it saying they are still working on the problem.  So, hopefully there is good news soon.  I believe they will get it fixed this time.  

I have not been able to get in my hangar in many years.  Have a lot to get caught up on.  

Dennez #18 Posted 27 November 2021 - 01:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 779 battles
  • [COD-] COD-

got my fingers crossed for ya  :great:

your a good pilot too,we need people like you in the sky.

come on weegee get him airborn,please.

Edited by Dennez, 27 November 2021 - 01:38 PM.

just a man with a big chicken.

PostTraumatic #19 Posted Yesterday, 03:25 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1544 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

well we got to a point then it was put on hold.  5 days now.  That is the current record for having a service ticket being on hold?  Seems like this would be an easy fix. 

Why in the world is fixing my game taking them years??

The_real_Gouldy #20 Posted Yesterday, 07:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles

View PostPostTraumatic, on 30 November 2021 - 10:25 AM, said:

well we got to a point then it was put on hold.  5 days now.  That is the current record for having a service ticket being on hold?  Seems like this would be an easy fix. 

Why in the world is fixing my game taking them years??

Probably is a easy fix but the guy that works part-time on WOWP is busy working on other projects.

I am sure he will get around to it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users