Premium Aircraft Discount not Showing Up

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Diego98 #1 Posted 14 November 2021 - 07:14 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 959 battles
After the last server maintenance the anniversary discounts on the planes don´t show up. The prices shown are the one without discount, both in the tech tree and in the depot purchase tab. Even if I try to buy a plane I should be able to afford with the 50%-30% discount, the price keeps the same, so it's not a visual bug. Is there something I'm missing?

Attached Thumbnails

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 14 November 2021 - 07:54 AM

Major

• 42485 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS
Supposedly, as we are very often told, it is just a visual glitch.  I don't really know.  But why in the world has this 'visual glitch' been going on so long?  Less and less effort is going into fixing these long term bugs, IMO.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

MrNellis #3 Posted 14 November 2021 - 08:41 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6960 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 14 November 2021 - 07:54 AM, said:

Supposedly, as we are very often told, it is just a visual glitch.  I don't really know.  But why in the world has this 'visual glitch' been going on so long?  Less and less effort is going into fixing these long term bugs, IMO.

Yes! I just tried it (while hoping you were right!).  It worked.  Despite the original ~$12k price that was displayed, they just charged me ~$8750.

blindfoId #4 Posted 14 November 2021 - 11:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostDiego98, on 14 November 2021 - 10:14 AM, said:

After the last server maintenance the anniversary discounts on the planes don´t show up. The prices shown are the one without discount, both in the tech tree and in the depot purchase tab. Even if I try to buy a plane I should be able to afford with the 50%-30% discount, the price keeps the same, so it's not a visual bug. Is there something I'm missing?

Most of the display errors you may experience in the Hangar are purely the issues of cached data. These problems may include the situation when you cannot buy a plane/modules (the game says it needs to be researched although it already is), do not see your equipment or discounts are not displayed and so on. 

You can use Launch the game and clear its cached data option in WGC, delete it manually 

(1. Press Win+R.
2. Type "%TEMP%". Press OK.
3. Open the folder "wargaming.net", then - "wowp".
4. Delete the folder "cache".)

or use the file from this article.

MrNellis #5 Posted 14 November 2021 - 10:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6960 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostblindfoId, on 14 November 2021 - 11:11 AM, said:

You can use Launch the game and clear its cached data option in WGC, delete it manually 

Thanks for the feedback  This did not work for me this time.  I usually empty the cache every day when I log in.  No big deal because the prices are transacted correctly even though they don't display properly.  Thanks for the great contest and discounts.

blindfoId #6 Posted 15 November 2021 - 08:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostMrNellis, on 15 November 2021 - 01:07 AM, said:

Thanks for the feedback  This did not work for me this time.  I usually empty the cache every day when I log in.  No big deal because the prices are transacted correctly even though they don't display properly.  Thanks for the great contest and discounts.

Sometimes automatic cache clearing through WGC won't resolve this problem, so I would recommend deleting cache manually or using the file from the article. Though you are right, even if you buy a plane without clearing the cached data you'll pay the discounted price as it's purely a display issue. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for staying in the skies of World of Warplanes :honoring:

trikke #7 Posted 16 November 2021 - 09:50 PM

Major

• 6717 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

does any coder know why the cache isn't coded to automatically be cleared on start-up?      it's a religious rite for me, but...    new folks have no idea

is there a plus side to having last session's data still in the gas tank?     

i guess it's just less bits pulled from the server?      since they pay for the traffic      so, a cost savings for WG?      i can understand that

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore     

#smarterpilotscanpostpics

Corsair4790805 #8 Posted 17 November 2021 - 06:32 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2391 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View Posttrikke, on 16 November 2021 - 01:50 PM, said:

does any coder know why the cache isn't coded to automatically be cleared on start-up?      it's a religious rite for me, but...    new folks have no idea

is there a plus side to having last session's data still in the gas tank?     

i guess it's just less bits pulled from the server?      since they pay for the traffic      so, a cost savings for WG?      i can understand that

From a web development perspective, caching is useful in storing data at the global level for the application - usually data that doesn't change frequently.  I would imagine that for a desktop application the same reasoning and purpose would apply.   If I were to hazard a guess - not even a SWAG, as I'm not familiar with WoWP's code base or architecture - its possible that there is a flag that turns on/off discounts and/or their display in the UI, and if it's on the client side, the cache invalidating routine may not be clearing/resetting that flag like expected.

That's just one guess and I could be way off mark.  :unsure:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users