Jump to content


Update 2.1.10


  • Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 02 November 2021 - 01:29 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Developer
  • 0 battles
  • 1,414
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
On November 3, from 01:00 PT / 04:00 ET to 05:00 PT / 08:00 ET, the servers will undergo maintenance to deploy the 2.1.10 update. Update 2.1.10 introduces the brand-new Premium French bomber as well as balance changes for the bombers!

Full news text

no_trace_of_sanity #2 Posted 02 November 2021 - 01:36 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6698 battles
  • 109
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017
Guess we'll just have to see what develops from this.

cobra_marksman #3 Posted 02 November 2021 - 02:02 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 14232 battles
  • 939
  • Member since:
    01-28-2014
  • The following changes have been applied for all the Tier IX – X bombers:
    • Reduced acceleration in dive.
    • Increased speed loss when maneuvering in a dive.
    • Reduced maneuverability in a dive and roll maneuverability.
    • Significantly reduced cruise and top speed at non-optimal altitudes.
    • Reduced maneuverability at non-optimal altitudes.
  • Changed the chances of getting into Tier VI – VII battles for a number of Tier VI aircraft.
  • Well you asked them to Nerf them,:facepalm: i don't want to see 1 post about tier IX & X  bombers  being underpower in speed and bombing capabilities .:child:

Edited by cobra_marksman, 02 November 2021 - 02:07 PM.


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 02 November 2021 - 02:20 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 1916 battles
  • 6,226
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

personally, I'm stoked about the new festive emblem

:amazed:



blindfoId #5 Posted 02 November 2021 - 02:35 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 1,819
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

Some nuances about changes in the chances of getting into Tier VI – VII battles.

 

These aircraft will get into Tier VII battles more frequently:

  • xp-54
  • pe-2-m-82
  • ki-102 
  • la-5
  • me-410

These aircraft will get into Tier VI battles more frequently:

  • p-39n
  • p-51a
  • mosquito-mk26
  • spitfire-vb-im
  • mustang-I
  • xp-50


WhoaBlackBetty #6 Posted 02 November 2021 - 04:07 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 7257 battles
  • 3,992
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
  • Member since:
    07-27-2014
Correct me if I am wrong, but the nerfs are not to potential damage causing, just to speed and turning in a dive or above optimal altitude.  This means the bombers can still one-off a sector, but they can do it faster if they are more vulnerable to attack.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!
J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."

  "Fair" is a 4 letter "F" word.                                                                                                                   

       


cobra_marksman #7 Posted 02 November 2021 - 04:08 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 14232 battles
  • 939
  • Member since:
    01-28-2014

View PostblindfoId, on 02 November 2021 - 09:35 AM, said:

Some nuances about changes in the chances of getting into Tier VI – VII battles.

 

These aircraft will get into Tier VII battles more frequently:

  • xp-54
  • pe-2-m-82
  • ki-102 
  • la-5
  • me-410

These aircraft will get into Tier VI battles more frequently:

  • p-39n
  • p-51a
  • mosquito-mk26
  • spitfire-vb-im
  • mustang-I
  • xp-50

Really a good move on Wowp to break them up, and are putting those planes in their own tier levels.

So how about doing something about Tier IV heavy's entering a tier 3 battles.:B

If your in a battle flying either a tier 3 --  a light fighter, a bomber, or a Ground attack plane , you really have no chance of surviving  the attack.

It's bad enough fighting tier 2's and tier 3 heavy's, but once you drop in a few tier 4, they control the  flow and battle results of the round.:playing:

With their superior speed and their big fwd. guns, it just a matter of how & when you get shot down.:facepalm:

Tier IV  Heavy's should really stay in their own backyards.....:great:


Edited by cobra_marksman, 02 November 2021 - 04:40 PM.


losttwo #8 Posted 02 November 2021 - 04:41 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 13682 battles
  • 16,550
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

So now the truth comes out that it is not a completely random system 

but is levied towards various player statistics 

 

( no Marko that does not mean there are super bots in your matches )


Edited by losttwo, 02 November 2021 - 04:44 PM.


RoIand #9 Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:30 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6430 battles
  • 508
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    07-05-2015

View PostblindfoId, on 02 November 2021 - 03:35 PM, said:

Some nuances about changes in the chances of getting into Tier VI – VII battles.

 

These aircraft will get into Tier VII battles more frequently:

  • xp-54
  • pe-2-m-82
  • ki-102 
  • la-5
  • me-410

These aircraft will get into Tier VI battles more frequently:

  • p-39n
  • p-51a
  • mosquito-mk26
  • spitfire-vb-im
  • mustang-I
  • xp-50

Final apologies for this comprehension question but "more frequently" means what? 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% ?


Edited by RoIand, 02 November 2021 - 05:52 PM.


TheBloodiestRedBaron #10 Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:39 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 213 battles
  • 29
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
  • Member since:
    09-11-2016

View PostRoIand, on 02 November 2021 - 11:30 AM, said:

Final apologies for this comprehension question but "more frequently" means what? 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% ? Or is that a company secret and we stupid cash cows are not allowed to know?

WTH would she answer you asking in that tone?



HZero #11 Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Alpha tester
  • 1692 battles
  • 1,530
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Finally!  This is a good step in the right direction.  Keep the balance patches coming!!!

 

View Postlosttwo, on 02 November 2021 - 10:41 AM, said:

So now the truth comes out that it is not a completely random system 

but is levied towards various player statistics 

 

( no Marko that does not mean there are super bots in your matches )

 

It is interesting that they can changed the percentages by plane specifically.   I wonder if the same is true in tanks?  

 

But that doesn't mean they can leverage changes by account.  That would be an order of difficulty higher.

 

...There are super bots though, Marco just thinks they are ALL super bots.  :D


Dreaming of better days.  When this game had full matches, fiery dogfights, and hope for the future.

 

 


tdave1953 #12 Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:42 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11032 battles
  • 190
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    03-16-2021

About changes to the IX and X bombers: it mainly affects diving and maneuverability at non-optimal altitudes. Directed against low-level bombing, I suppose. I've tried low-level bombing with my German IXs and Xs, but am woeful at it, hence I've been staying "low in the white" (unless I screw up my run in) and bombing on a level plane. So this will require less of an adjustment for me? I suspect there are nuances here I'm not considering that more experienced pilots can see. I've not arrived at IX or X Soviet bombers yet, but I've been enjoying learning to dive bomb in the Tu-10, which doesn't seem to be touched by these changes.



RoIand #13 Posted 02 November 2021 - 05:53 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6430 battles
  • 508
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    07-05-2015

View PostReddestOfRedBarrons, on 02 November 2021 - 06:39 PM, said:

WTH would she answer you asking in that tone?

I have corrected it.



AngryMayonnaise #14 Posted 02 November 2021 - 06:04 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 893 battles
  • 603
  • Member since:
    03-09-2015

View Postcobra_marksman, on 02 November 2021 - 09:02 AM, said:

  • The following changes have been applied for all the Tier IX – X bombers:
    • Reduced acceleration in dive.
    • Increased speed loss when maneuvering in a dive.
    • Reduced maneuverability in a dive and roll maneuverability.
    • Significantly reduced cruise and top speed at non-optimal altitudes.
    • Reduced maneuverability at non-optimal altitudes.
  • Changed the chances of getting into Tier VI – VII battles for a number of Tier VI aircraft.
  • Well you asked them to Nerf them,:facepalm: i don't want to see 1 post about tier IX & X  bombers  being underpower in speed and bombing capabilities .:child:

 

 

Some of that stuff isn't actually nerfing. I look forward to having a little more control because of the speed drop. But I gunship so, there's that.

 

 

I want to know about the randomly missing decals. Has that been fixed or even discussed yet?



wylleEcoyote #15 Posted 02 November 2021 - 06:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 12295 battles
  • 1,740
  • [ALAS] ALAS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 02 November 2021 - 11:07 AM, said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the nerfs are not to potential damage causing, just to speed and turning in a dive or above optimal altitude.  This means the bombers can still one-off a sector, but they can do it faster if they are more vulnerable to attack.




Damage is unchanged ... as is reload speed. 
They do NOT fly any faster than they already can do. 
The difference now is that Bombers  DO move slower outside of their optimal altitudes.
This is important because current state of affairs for Bomber gameplay is that every second of transit time between caps counts 
Additionally it seems if you actually use the bombardiers sight (that automatically brings you to level flight )  then you will have no new effects on your gameplay.

If you are the sort that believe bombsight use is more of a suggestion rather than a necessity; there are a fair amount of speed nerfs to remove the benefits of dive bombing 
 

The dirty details


The would like to have some clarification from Blindfold on a particular point.
In the matter of these bomber nerfs that trigger "in a dive" ....  what specifically is WG's definition of "in a dive"?
Is it the same parameters as the dive activated special pilot skills?.
Or do these nerfs trigger if you do something as simple as only nose down 15 degrees?

Enquiring minds want to know.

    


Edited by wylleEcoyote, 02 November 2021 - 06:29 PM.

Fair warning. My success rate at speculative guesswork is on par with my WinRate. Hit or Miss.
 I start on the right track and then sometimes make a weird left turn and get lost in the weeds ... 

Specialist Planes earned: Japan, USA, UK, Germany, USSR, Europe
Light Fighters:  Germans? All of them. I-17Yak-1MiG-3, La-5
Ki-5/8/10/27/43-I/43-II, A4N, A5M, A6M1/2/3/5, Hurricane Ia, Bristol 146, Spitfire I/Ia/Vb IM, DH.100 F1,
F2A-1,FJ-1, P-23/36/36C/39N-1/40 /51A/D/H, XF15C/-85XP-31/36F/55, YP-29Hawk 75M, Model 81A-1,  

MultiRole Fighters: Type 91, P-12/26/35/43, XP-44/72, P-47B/N, F11C-2, F2A, F4F/U-1, 
Rule Britannia, Deutschland uber alles, I-5/15/16(e)(l)

Heavy Fighters: F5F, P-38 F/J, XP-54/58/75, F7F, P-82 B, Beaufighter/ V,  All of zeGermans, Tu-1, SE 100,

Attack Aircraft: BSh-2, All of zeGermans, Wirraway
Bombers: B-17 G, Do 17 Z / 217 M, He 111 H2, Ju 288 C, EF 131, Pe-2 

 


RedLeg03 #16 Posted 02 November 2021 - 06:55 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4772 battles
  • 205
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    03-26-2020

View Postcobra_marksman, on 02 November 2021 - 04:08 PM, said:

Really a good move on Wowp to break them up, and are putting those planes in their own tier levels.

So how about doing something about Tier IV heavy's entering a tier 3 battles.:B

If your in a battle flying either a tier 3 --  a light fighter, a bomber, or a Ground attack plane , you really have no chance of surviving  the attack.

It's bad enough fighting tier 2's and tier 3 heavy's, but once you drop in a few tier 4, they control the  flow and battle results of the round.:playing:

With their superior speed and their big fwd. guns, it just a matter of how & when you get shot down.:facepalm:

Tier IV  Heavy's should really stay in their own backyards.....:great:


I think I’m beginning to experience an apathy towards this game as a result of excessive indulgence in the quest to achieve perfect un-butt hurtedness.
 



CorvusCorvax #17 Posted 02 November 2021 - 07:07 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7294 battles
  • 8,675
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRedLeg03, on 02 November 2021 - 06:55 PM, said:


I think I’m beginning to experience an apathy towards this game as a result of excessive indulgence in the quest to achieve perfect un-butt hurtedness.
 

Make all the planes the same, but with different skins.  Nerf the expert pilots.

 

Nirvana!


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

CorvusCorvax #18 Posted 02 November 2021 - 07:11 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7294 battles
  • 8,675
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 02 November 2021 - 04:41 PM, said:

So now the truth comes out that it is not a completely random system 

but is levied towards various player statistics 

 

( no Marko that does not mean there are super bots in your matches )

Where do player statistics come in?

 

I mean, I always thought there was some non-random stuff happening, but I didn't see this bit in there.

 

Help!


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

losttwo #19 Posted 02 November 2021 - 08:57 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 13682 battles
  • 16,550
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 02 November 2021 - 02:11 PM, said:

Where do player statistics come in?

 

I mean, I always thought there was some non-random stuff happening, but I didn't see this bit in there.

 

Help!

Perhaps I miss spoke or perhaps not. 

The Goose is going to see more higher tier battles at a higher percentage making it low tier. 

How are they going to base that ? 

If the player losses 10 matches in a row will he finally get to be top tier in a battle. 

Or will there be no karma involved and you just get a lucky day or a bad day of 

Tuesday's are always Goose low tier battle days. 

Maybe it will all run on a Crazy Ivan ( Hunt for Red October reference )

Maybe Goose will start singing rainy days and Mondays always gets me down tiered 



CorvusCorvax #20 Posted 02 November 2021 - 09:07 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7294 battles
  • 8,675
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 02 November 2021 - 08:57 PM, said:

 

Maybe Goose will start singing rainy days and Mondays always gets me down tiered 

Ah, okay.

 

Thank you.

 

And LOL.


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users