USMIL Recruitment

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Trithious #1 Posted 05 October 2021 - 06:21 PM

Master Sergeant

• 9714 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

USMIL: The Salty Veterans

USMIL is looking for both seasoned players and new players to fill the remaining holes in our roster. We are a Casual/Training Clan where "everything is optional". I do not require the use of discord, and I don't require that someone flights up with others. The ground rules I have for this clan are as follows: 

• No member will intentionally abandon a match. (Exception: Died after squall)
  • No member will intentionally cause friendly damage via ram or friendly fire. I expect all members to have situational awareness. 
  • No member will crap talk in battle, in discord, in this forum or the clan chat. 
  • No member will mute another member for any reason within our discord. 
  • All members will not give other members a pass if on the opposite side in battle. Red is dead. 
  • USMIL will not tolerate any other toxic behavior not listed. If a member is being a pretentious piece of work they will not survive in USMIL. I expect honor, courage, commitment and integrity. 
  • No member shall post inappropriate memes within discord. 
  • No political or religious talk will be tolerated in public text chat either in-game or on our discord. In voice it's fine to delve into those topics as long as the person wanting to talk about that obtains consent from anyone in that channel. I'm the only bet that will talk those topics one on one. In a group I will enforce my rule on obtaining consent. 

Breaking any of these rules will result in an automatic dismissal from USMIL. I run a very tight ship, there is no toxicity within USMIL and I make sure to keep it that way. Most of USMIL is comprised of Veterans, and Disabled Protected/Non-Protected Veterans. That is why I run the tight ship that I do. 

Since people come to USMIL looking for various things I have built the clan to cater to a lot of different needs and wants of the individual. Like aforementioned this is an "everything is optional" clan. USMIL has a plethora of resources to teach, we have some talented pilots that very much understand the game and best strategies. Each member is liable for getting the clan experience they desire. Command staff will not come hunt you down to find out what you want to get out of the clan. Please make what you're looking for known so we can rise to meet you with what you're looking for. 

Any other questions please DM in-game. I'm training for Municipal Police Academy, so I don't look on the forum all that much. I am following the thread and get notifications as another way to contact me. 

o7 

Trithious

*Edited on 01/24/2022 at 1400 EST*

Edited by Trithious, 24 January 2022 - 07:00 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 05 October 2021 - 07:12 PM

Colonel

• 46158 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

I can testify for everything he has said.  I will add that it has a real good bunch of guys who fly quite a lot.  I really enjoyed my year with the clan and only left so I could start my own clan.

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Sink_Stuff #3 Posted 05 October 2021 - 07:34 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3821 battles

I don't have any problems with USMIL. However, your ad contradicts itself. 

1. First you say that everything is "Optional"

2. Second you give a list of rules that are NOT optional, as in an automatic ban.

Edited by Sink_Stuff, 05 October 2021 - 07:51 PM.

Trithious #4 Posted 05 October 2021 - 08:47 PM

Master Sergeant

• 9714 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 05 October 2021 - 07:12 PM, said:

I can testify for everything he has said.  I will add that it has a real good bunch of guys who fly quite a lot.  I really enjoyed my year with the clan and only left so I could start my own clan.

:medal:

Thank you Capt! You really helped USMIL get where it is today and I will never forget your kindness, bombing advice, and helping me learn the way! USMIL's success is still your success regardless! :medal:

Trithious #5 Posted 05 October 2021 - 08:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• 9714 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostSink_Stuff, on 05 October 2021 - 07:34 PM, said:

1. First you say that everything is "Optional"

2. Second you give a list of rules that are NOT optional, as in an automatic ban.

I appreciate the compliment Sink_Stuff! What makes USMIL an "everything is optional" clan is I don't mandate or dictate what clan experience a person is to follow. However, the rules are not optional as you stated. The reason being I have a lot of PTSD afflicted Veterans to care for and as a Veteran myself the rules really benefit everyone who suffers some kind of PTSD related trauma even if it's civilian trauma experienced. Our mission is to keep a drama free enjoyable atmosphere, ensure everyone is having fun, and help those who desire it by request. 

I opted for a non-mandated style clan atmosphere, so that being in USMIL doesn't feel like a chore. It also transfers liability to the member to ensure they take the responsibility to get out of the clan what they would like. That's the thought process behind it. I hope that makes sense! I'm really glad you pointed that out, because if you thought that it's 100% guaranteed someone else thought that too. 

:honoring:

RedLeg03 #6 Posted 05 October 2021 - 08:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4772 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

An excellent clan based on the people I’ve met in game.

I think Capt U just wanted the hat in the ring emblem and had to start his own clan to get it.  Can’t wait to get shot down by one of his bombers so I can see what it looks like on a plane …

qu33kKC #7 Posted 05 October 2021 - 09:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18669 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I'll take USMIL in blue rather than red 11 times out of ten.

good people, good pilots.

Trithious #8 Posted 05 October 2021 - 09:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• 9714 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostRedLeg03, on 05 October 2021 - 08:55 PM, said:

An excellent clan based on the people I’ve met in game.

I think Capt U just wanted the hat in the ring emblem and had to start his own clan to get it.  Can’t wait to get shot down by one of his bombers so I can see what it looks like on a plane …

View Postqu33kKC, on 05 October 2021 - 09:17 PM, said:

I'll take USMIL in blue rather than red 11 times out of ten.

good people, good pilots.

Thank you guys for the compliments! Red! You know full well Capt wanted the hat in the ring and the name lol. 

qu33kKc I also like it when OWSS is blue instead of red. When we are the reds we do try our hardest to be formidable opponents!

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:47 PM

Colonel

• 46158 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

I was a part of the 94th for almost 4 years repairing F-15C and D fighters.  It is special to me.

Edited to add that they still display that same Hat In the Ring emblem today although I think they fly the F-35 these days.  Langley AFB, Virginia is the home of whatever Tactical Air Command is calling itself these days and it always has the cutting edge fighters.

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 05 October 2021 - 10:51 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #10 Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:05 PM

Colonel

• 7081 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostTrithious, on 05 October 2021 - 08:53 PM, said:

I appreciate the compliment Sink_Stuff! What makes USMIL an "everything is optional" clan is I don't mandate or dictate what clan experience a person is to follow. However, the rules are not optional as you stated. The reason being I have a lot of PTSD afflicted Veterans to care for and as a Veteran myself the rules really benefit everyone who suffers some kind of PTSD related trauma even if it's civilian trauma experienced. Our mission is to keep a drama free enjoyable atmosphere, ensure everyone is having fun, and help those who desire it by request. 

I opted for a non-mandated style clan atmosphere, so that being in USMIL doesn't feel like a chore. It also transfers liability to the member to ensure they take the responsibility to get out of the clan what they would like. That's the thought process behind it. I hope that makes sense! I'm really glad you pointed that out, because if you thought that it's 100% guaranteed someone else thought that too. 

:honoring:

Ignore Stink_Stuff.  He just trolls the forum, thinking he actually knows things.  For a primer on his extensive (snork) clan knowledge, look up his breathtakingly silly screeds here.

I also like USMIL folks.  They are, in general, polite in-game and fun to play with, and against.

Personally, I would prefer not seeing you in your Spit XIV unless I am flying something better than my Me-109TL.  :)

Maybe I'll have to take out my Me-209A more often when you're in the T8 skies...

I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

Trithious #11 Posted 06 October 2021 - 01:27 AM

Master Sergeant

• 9714 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 05 October 2021 - 11:05 PM, said:

Ignore Stink_Stuff.  He just trolls the forum, thinking he actually knows things.  For a primer on his extensive (snork) clan knowledge, look up his breathtakingly silly screeds here.

I also like USMIL folks.  They are, in general, polite in-game and fun to play with, and against.

Personally, I would prefer not seeing you in your Spit XIV unless I am flying something better than my Me-109TL.  :)

Maybe I'll have to take out my Me-209A more often when you're in the T8 skies...

I don't know what it is with the Spitfire XIV, because I generally don't resonate with them. Which boggles my mind cuz I'm fine with the Yak fighter line. I just get them, but the Spitire is also a mid-altitude fighter. I am a complicated person lol. One day I'll just have to play the Spitfire line until I make it resonate to me. I actually felt buyers remorse on the Attacker too lol. But the UK line I didn't give much love too. So, I should play it more often. Really enjoy the UK MRF's and HF's though. 

I hope to see you in the skies! o7 :honoring:

Edited by Trithious, 06 October 2021 - 01:29 AM.

Trithious #12 Posted 06 October 2021 - 01:38 AM

Master Sergeant

• 9714 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 05 October 2021 - 10:47 PM, said:

I was a part of the 94th for almost 4 years repairing F-15C and D fighters.  It is special to me.

Edited to add that they still display that same Hat In the Ring emblem today although I think they fly the F-35 these days.  Langley AFB, Virginia is the home of whatever Tactical Air Command is calling itself these days and it always has the cutting edge fighters.

That's really awesome. I didnt even know you were apart of that! I can see why that is hugely important to you. Sometime I see you in battle youll have to let me get close enough to you so i can see that emblem in game lol. I will die to just get a peak haha. 

Captain_Underpants53 #13 Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:26 AM

Colonel

• 46158 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

Just come on up behind my B-29C and you can see it real good.  Blowed up even.

:teethhappy:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Thorondar #14 Posted 06 October 2021 - 07:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7621 battles
  • [DIXX] DIXX

View PostSink_Stuff, on 05 October 2021 - 01:34 PM, said:

You mean they way you are contradicting yourself now? You claim not to have a problem with USMIL yet I distinctly remember you making a statement in the WoWPDiscord server "Not some fly by night clan full of newbs like A-S-S or USMIL or some other 6 month old clan."

That quote you wrote was taken out of a long post you were responding to Corsair.  I took a screenshot of it and sent it to Trithious when you made that  post and I still have it. 

Edited by Thorondar, 06 October 2021 - 08:54 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #15 Posted 06 October 2021 - 11:07 AM

Colonel

• 46158 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

View PostThorondar, on 06 October 2021 - 02:05 AM, said:

You mean they way you are contradicting yourself now? You claim not to have a problem with USMIL yet I distinctly remember you making a statement in the WoWPDiscord server "Not some fly by night clan full of newbs like A-S-S or USMIL or some other 6 month old clan."

That quote you wrote was taken out of a long post you were responding to Corsair.  I took a screenshot of it and sent it to Trithious when you made that  post and I still have it. 

He is a light weight who should stick to his ships.  Not worth responding to.   His story changes on a daily basis.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

qu33kKC #16 Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18669 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostTrithious, on 05 October 2021 - 09:50 PM, said:

qu33kKc I also like it when OWSS is blue instead of red. When we are the reds we do try our hardest to be formidable opponents!

"If it's red, it's dead" is a motto of OWSS as well.  When you see certain people/clans in red, you know you're in for a tussle, so bring your A-game.  :izmena:

Sink_Stuff #17 Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:47 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3821 battles

View PostThorondar, on 06 October 2021 - 07:05 AM, said:

Yes, at the time USMIL was a fly by night clan full of newbs. They still only have a less than 54% win rate as a clan, which means they still have a lot of newbs. Yet, he even calls his clan a training clan. But I have had zero problems in game with USMIL players. This is probably because of the strict rules that he has setup. My comments were directed to advising people against joining clans that are either brand new, or full of new players needing help who cannot generally help you.

And my advice was solid. So many people make new clans in this game and get people to join them and then bail on the game, which is exactly what happened to one of the clans I talked about. Most of the people in that clan have now left to join a clan where the leader is not actually AFK. So no, you should never join a brand new clan. As well, you should not join a training clan full of newbs unless you completely enjoy helping other people grind constantly and having high loss rates because the other player needs carried.

I stand by every word of what I said. What has changed is that USMIL is no longer a fly by night clan. As well, I have had no problems with anyone in that clan in game. 

Edited by Sink_Stuff, 06 October 2021 - 12:56 PM.

CorvusCorvax #18 Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:31 PM

Colonel

• 7081 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 06 October 2021 - 11:07 AM, said:

He is a light weight who should stick to his ships.  Not worth responding to.   His story changes on a daily basis.

Insufferable know-it-all, really.  Most of his posts are troll posts anyway - which I why I have him blocked.  :)

I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

_Panzerkunst_ #19 Posted 07 October 2021 - 11:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9347 battles

View PostTrithious, on 05 October 2021 - 10:21 AM, said:

USMIL: The Salty Veterans

USMIL is looking for both seasoned players and new players to fill the remaining holes in our roster. We are a Casual/Training Clan where "everything is optional". I do not require the use of discord, and I don't require that someone flights up with others. The ground rules I have for this clan are as follows: 

• No member will intentionally abandon a match. (Exception: Died after squall)
  • No member will intentionally cause friendly damage via ram or friendly fire. I expect all members to have situational awareness. 
  • No member will crap talk in battle, in discord, in this forum or the clan chat. 
  • No member will mute another member for any reason within our discord. 
  • All members will not give other members a pass if on the opposite side in battle. Red is dead. 
  • USMIL will not tolerate any other toxic behavior not listed. If a member is being a pretentious piece of work they will not survive in USMIL. I expect honor, courage, commitment and integrity. 
  • No member shall post inappropriate memes within discord. 

Breaking any of these rules will result in automatic dismissal from USMIL. I run a very tight ship, there is no toxicity within USMIL and I make sure to keep it that way. Most of USMIL is comprised of Veterans, and Disabled Protected/Non-Protected Veterans. That is why I run the tight ship that I do. 

Since people come to USMIL looking for various things I have built the clan to cater to a lot of different needs and wants of the individual. Like aforementioned this is an "everything is optional" clan. USMIL has a plethora of resources to teach, we have some talented pilots that very much understand the game and best strategies. Each member is liable for getting the clan experience they desire. Command stuff will not come hunt you down to find out what you want to get out of the clan. Please make what you're looking for known so we can rise to meet you with what you're looking for. 

Any other questions please DM in-game. I'm training for Municipal Police Academy, so I don't look on the forum all that much. The easiest way to contact me personally is via discord. Find the clan page and join with the public link and DM me if you need to talk. 

o7 

Trithious

Sir yes sir! <o

I lack structure and discipline so I wouldn't fit into a Military environment. I've seen your clan in battle many times and always a pleasure to fly with or against.

Always throwing up gg's and <o's as well. Goodluck to your clan! 

"If You Want Peace, Prepare For War."

Trithious #20 Posted 08 October 2021 - 01:39 AM

Master Sergeant

• 9714 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View Post_Panzerkunst_, on 07 October 2021 - 11:22 PM, said:

Sir yes sir! <o

I lack structure and discipline so I wouldn't fit into a Military environment. I've seen your clan in battle many times and always a pleasure to fly with or against.

Always throwing up gg's and <o's as well. Goodluck to your clan! 

Oh Panzerkunst we don't have a military style clan lol. I just don't like toxicity or drama. Light crap talking is fine but not like blatant derogatory craziness lol. I know you'd fit in well in USMIL!  You have a lot to offer any clan in regards to your skill, and knowledge of the game. So, if I could ever nab you up I would in a heartbeat! 

Also tagged with USMIL, Recruitment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users