Fall Ratings

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Four_Leaf_Tayback #21 Posted 18 September 2021 - 02:40 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

View Postuberfu, on 17 September 2021 - 08:36 AM, said:

In short -- an NFT is the equivalent of a skin for your plane - a digital accessory - an emoji ... that has had a unique identifier applied to it.

NFTs are a bunch of marketing hype.

NFTs are a madeup "thing". It is a different use of "blockchain" code; which is used in Crytocurrencies: Bitcoin/ Ethereum/Dogecoin etc ....
Except that NFTs ONLY EXIST as Ethereum cryptocurrency.  It was likely more of a marketing gimmick for the Ethereum elite to crank up the overall value of Ethereum to better compete against Bitcoin.

Essentially NFTs are digital images that are embedded into (Ethereum) blockchain code as a usignue code value.  Then because celebrities like Paris Hilton (not really a "celebrity") and Snoop Dogg and so on have generated NFTs, people witha  sh*t ton of cash buy them up as preceived "value" added to a lot of marketing hype -- the general public then thinks they are some mysterious valuable thing that rich people are touting.

ALSO - WG EXPLANATION has another flaw.  The uniqueness does not come from the signatrue or the person that generated the NFT.  Those can be copeid/spoofed/hacked or otherwise modifed. The uniqueness comes from the fact that it's embedded in a blockchain value.  As without that ANY digital asset can be copied - exactly - right down to signature/and who created it - that's how code works.  A Blockchain disrupts this by only allowing a unique identifier for the blockchain to the code represented by that object (NFT in this case).

Without the blockchain component and NFT is not an NFT and can be replicated constantly. Hence my analogy to digital game assets above like skins and emojis and stickers and whatever else.

AND an NFT for essentailly a dying game (WoWP) that WG does not push development or marketing for; where the playerbase is barely around or nonexistent; where WGs focus is more on WoWS and their mobile gaming space than the desktop fighter palnes - seems pointless.  Great a unique thing to "have" in your account.  But likely it will never be worth anything like what people read about values of NFTs being sold for currently elsewhere on the interwebs.

Nice concise summary of the topic. +One for the succinct writeup. 

And yes, an NFT from WOWP is about as worthwhile as a toad that lives under your backyard deck. Actually, strike that, the toad will eat bugs, the WOWP NFT will do absolutely zilch.

Call me Bobby

aquabat #22 Posted 18 September 2021 - 03:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 5003 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostItsSubmersible, on 18 September 2021 - 02:13 AM, said:

Good question! Laws/rules in other countries maybe?

It was not a rethorical question. I have no idea about the other countries, but there is no law in Brazil against NFT. So I want to know why wargaming took this decision.

ItsSubmersible #23 Posted 18 September 2021 - 03:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4789 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View Postaquabat, on 17 September 2021 - 10:02 PM, said:

It was not a rethorical question. I have no idea about the other countries, but there is no law in Brazil against NFT. So I want to know why wargaming took this decision.

IDK, would like to see what WG's answer is too.

losttwo #24 Posted 18 September 2021 - 04:29 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13516 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

View Posttrikke, on 17 September 2021 - 04:33 PM, said:

ty, LT      look at all that glorious hair!      and the TP, i got it

betcha money only you and i have our original hair...     

my wealthier buddies would trade in their trophy wives for real hair again       they prob think they could easily get another

and... it's nice to see that Dana Carvey has a hobby!

Maybe one day you will put a voice to the face

Yes it is all original hair, although now it is collar length

instead of 18 inch pony tail. 

I used my hair to make my mother a wig for her to wear the last few years of her life. 

It was cremated with her Jan 3 2019 

trikke #25 Posted 18 September 2021 - 07:25 PM

Major

• 6701 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

View Postlosttwo, on 18 September 2021 - 12:29 AM, said:

Maybe one day you will put a voice to the face

Yes it is all original hair, although now it is collar length

instead of 18 inch pony tail. 

I used my hair to make my mother a wig for her to wear the last few years of her life. 

It was cremated with her Jan 3 2019 

omg    i'm so sorry, brother      i lost my mom right about that date           

you made a wig of your own hair?      was there a youtube video or something?       respect

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore     

#smarterpilotscanpostpics

blindfoId #26 Posted 20 September 2021 - 08:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 17 September 2021 - 04:49 PM, said:

Even for WeeGee, this is a weird contest.  The top 15 do get some Experimental Gunsights, tho.

Top 400 :) You can click on the Cups to check rewards for the divisions. 

View Postopala73_leandro, on 17 September 2021 - 09:06 PM, said:

for us Brazilians it really is a shame not to be included to win the NFT, we are almost 100 Brazilians in our clan alone, 
this would probably attract more players, we would be grateful if we were included, 07

View Postaquabat, on 18 September 2021 - 01:55 AM, said:

Any reason why players from these countries are not eligible for the NFT prizes?

We have excluded certain territories (including Brazil) due to potentially applicable local regulations such as restrictions on certain types of prizes.

Captain_Underpants53 #27 Posted 20 September 2021 - 08:54 AM

Major

• 42398 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

NFT?  I still don't fully understand it and, therefore, I see no reason to work for it.  Really, what good is it? Does any of it make me more 'comfortable' in the game?  I don't think so.

Have to log in and sign up at some website I ain't never even heard of?  I think not.  An invitation to get more spam email as far as I can see.

Nebulous prizes out in the clouds?  Possibly dodgy website involved?  Nope, keep yer prizes.  If this is the best attempt WG can make to get me to fly more, they have failed big time.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #28 Posted 20 September 2021 - 09:51 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13516 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 20 September 2021 - 03:54 AM, said:

NFT?  I still don't fully understand it and, therefore, I see no reason to work for it.  Really, what good is it? Does any of it make me more 'comfortable' in the game?  I don't think so.

Have to log in and sign up at some website I ain't never even heard of?  I think not.  An invitation to get more spam email as far as I can see.

Nebulous prizes out in the clouds?  Possibly dodgy website involved?  Nope, keep yer prizes.  If this is the best attempt WG can make to get me to fly more, they have failed big time.

Yes ICUP, 

You and I are too old to fall for this new age of successful scamming.

I own the original Mona Lisa. Maybe if you drop buy sometime I can start up the computer and show you, 

blindfoId #29 Posted 20 September 2021 - 10:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
Just a reminder that ratings include in-game items: Experimental Collimator Sight, Experimental Gyroscopic Sight, Supply Crates, and Gold. In-game items will be credited automatically after the Fall Ratings are over. You need an ETH address only if you'd like to claim the NFT.

Captain_Underpants53 #30 Posted 20 September 2021 - 11:33 AM

Major

• 42398 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

View PostblindfoId, on 20 September 2021 - 05:58 AM, said:

Just a reminder that ratings include in-game items: Experimental Collimator Sight, Experimental Gyroscopic Sight, Supply Crates, and Gold. In-game items will be credited automatically after the Fall Ratings are over. You need an ETH address only if you'd like to claim the NFT.

Thank you for explaining it so even an old geezer like me could understand.  I thought you had to get an account with ETH to get anything.  Now I know that I don't have to risk spam mail Hades because I am not interested in the NFT.

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

AngryMayonnaise #31 Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:48 PM

• 358 battles

An NFT has got to be the most useless reward ever

The rest of the stuff is great and appreciated.

If you need money, quit playing games and get a job.

Edited by DInk_Spinkley, 22 September 2021 - 05:19 AM.

willsey #32 Posted 20 September 2021 - 04:57 PM

Airman Basic

• 5511 battles
  • [ALAS] ALAS

Not sure what this means. Standard Battle v Combat Flight or is that the same thing.

Section B 4. Contest Mechanics
Participants can earn capture points in World of Warplanes’ Standard Battles during the Contest Period. The Participant’s result in the Contest depends on the total number of capture points earned during the Contest Period.

Captain_Underpants53 #33 Posted 20 September 2021 - 05:41 PM

Major

• 42398 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

View Postwillsey, on 20 September 2021 - 11:57 AM, said:

Not sure what this means. Standard Battle v Combat Flight or is that the same thing.

Participants can earn capture points in World of Warplanes’ Standard Battles during the Contest Period. The Participant’s result in the Contest depends on the total number of capture points earned during the Contest Period.

Very good question.

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

aquabat #34 Posted 20 September 2021 - 09:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 5003 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostblindfoId, on 20 September 2021 - 08:15 AM, said:

Top 400 :) You can click on the Cups to check rewards for the divisions. 

We have excluded certain territories (including Brazil) due to potentially applicable local regulations such as restrictions on certain types of prizes.

Would you mind pointing out the specific Brazilian statute that would restrict such prizes being given? Brazilian law currently has no provisions regarding NFTs or cryptocurrencies that restrict its movement. Given WG is a cypriot company, even the law that states that cryptocurrencies movements above a certain amount must be reported to our IRS is not applicable, as it only applies to companies that are established in Brazil.

I know WG can restrict it’s prizes whatever way it sees fit and that it has every right to exclude whatever nation from the list of eligible recipients, but as a consumer I’d love it if it would give a plausible reason for doing so. Especially when the currently given explanation doesn’t make much sense, at least as it regards Brazilians.

AngryMayonnaise #35 Posted 21 September 2021 - 05:00 AM

• 358 battles

I right clicked and downloaded the picture.

Am I doing it wrong?

Four_Leaf_Tayback #36 Posted 21 September 2021 - 06:35 AM

• 352 battles

OMG, went to a new restaurant and downloaded the most gruesome NFT ever.

Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of it. 

Can I still play?

Call me Bobby

blindfoId #37 Posted 21 September 2021 - 08:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Postwillsey, on 20 September 2021 - 07:57 PM, said:

It is the same thing. :honoring:

Captain_Underpants53 #38 Posted 21 September 2021 - 08:23 AM

Major

• 42398 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 21 September 2021 - 01:35 AM, said:

OMG, went to a new restaurant and downloaded the most gruesome NFT ever.

Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of it. 

Can I still play?

Not if you keep making jest of the poor seals!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #39 Posted 21 September 2021 - 09:37 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13516 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

View PostDInk_Spinkley, on 21 September 2021 - 12:00 AM, said:

I right clicked and downloaded the picture.

Am I doing it wrong?

Depends on how your system is set up. 

I imagine so but I < left > clicked 

Master_Cylinder #40 Posted 21 September 2021 - 12:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 200 battles
  • [FK] FK

What I do not understand is that they are blocking the clan marker on the players, why would you do that Blindfold???

Even if you left click to do a private chat with an individual it is not a normal chat window because the clan marker is missing

That make no sense!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users