PC issue. Game loads. Can't go to Battle.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

SaltySpear #1 Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:36 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2045 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

I can log in, do all the Hanger functions 

Click Battle, it goes to Que screen, then drops to black screen with some random sound effects.

Plane does go battle but I don't get to go along.

SkyWolf__WM #2 Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:52 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 18383 battles
  • [T_E_S] T_E_S
http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/58966-update-219/page__fromsearch__1
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

SaltySpear #3 Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:37 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2045 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Huh? Wolfie.... how is that relevant to my issue?

Btw the game runs on my other "lesser" machines, just not this one. Has been fine from day 1 until now. Is kapputt.

trikke #4 Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:39 PM

Major

• 6430 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

i'd run checkdsk and WG's actual game troubleshooter       what's it called again... WGCheck?

how many mods are you running?

edit:  because if you're running my mod that makes all of the red team's bot run out of gas and crash, that could be it

(sitting back now, munching popcorn and waiting until the tin-hat folks' brains explode!)

Edited by trikke, 21 September 2021 - 08:36 PM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore     

#smarterpilotscanpostpics

SaltySpear #5 Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2045 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
No mods. Personally, I think the graphics card failed; perhaps a RAM stick on the MB but video card is my 1st guess.

That machine is a 2013 HP from Staples so I.ve since replaced it w an updated machine (i5 2400 core 8G RAM) and the onboard graphics do run the game but not as well as the old beater with its Nvdia card.

Sadly the market for video cards is dicey right now so dunno how this will all shake out.

Thx for responding, Tr. At this point it's just fodder for speculation.

SaltySpear #6 Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:55 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2045 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
BTW Trikke. I did run the repair utility. Then when that had no effect I reinstalled from scratch. No change from any of those efforts.

I have a low end Acer w stock graphics: it plays but with discernable lag in display [stop motion animation] not a good time at all.

trikke #7 Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:07 PM

Major

• 6430 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

View PostSaltySpear, on 16 September 2021 - 04:55 PM, said:

BTW Trikke. I did run the repair utility. Then when that had no effect I reinstalled from scratch. No change from any of those efforts.

I have a low end Acer w stock graphics: it plays but with discernable lag in display [stop motion animation] not a good time at all.

that doesn't sound good, brother

Corsair4790805 #8 Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:07 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2366 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostSaltySpear, on 16 September 2021 - 12:50 PM, said:

No mods. Personally, I think the graphics card failed; perhaps a RAM stick on the MB but video card is my 1st guess.

That machine is a 2013 HP from Staples so I.ve since replaced it w an updated machine (i5 2400 core 8G RAM) and the onboard graphics do run the game but not as well as the old beater with its Nvdia card.

Sadly the market for video cards is dicey right now so dunno how this will all shake out.

I would suspect the graphics card as well.   Mine went out a few months back (completely out).   Fortunately I had a slightly older graphics card on hand, but I've noticed a decrease in my FPS.  But a good high end graphics card is just not in the cards right now for me, between the cost and the supply issues.

Four_Leaf_Tayback #9 Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:32 PM

• 352 battles

View PostSaltySpear, on 16 September 2021 - 02:50 PM, said:

Video cards are exceptionally expensive right now. I bought a refurbished 1050Ti card years ago when they were relatively cheap. I had lots of issues with it a couple months ago. I moved to to another PCI slot and (knock on wood) it has been relatively fine since then.

I want to upgrade my kid's gaming machine, but the only viable option is a Ryzen with an onboard video processor. I cannot even find a 1050 that is remotely logical in price.

Wish you luck. If you can get video on your machine, like YouTube, it's not likely your video card. Unless you had what I had and the main video card PCI slot went bad. In that case, I could watch video, but anything that put a high load on the video card failed.

I was extremely frustrated. Oh yeah, I disassembled my video card and put in new thermal paste. The thermal paste gets old over time and does not do the job.

Good luck and keep troubleshooting, If you can see your screen, the video card is working, it might just need some help.

Call me Bobby

SaltySpear #10 Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:30 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2045 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Hmmm. Change slots? I.ll try it. 

And yes I can watch video, I can basically do everything but Battle on WOWP.

trikke #11 Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:38 AM

Major

• 6430 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

watching 90% of youtube videos isn't all that gpu-intensive, really         idk if it's a great benchmark

maybe the highest rez is hard, but most folks don't know how to change it to the highest rez

i watch all i can eat on a chromebook, so...       

try moving your in-game graphic settings to low...   maybe even run the SD client instead?      ANYTHING to get those frames up

keep us posted

SaltySpear #12 Posted 17 September 2021 - 11:34 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2045 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Settings already at minimum and on SD channel.

trikke #13 Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:52 PM

Major

• 6430 battles
  • [CWM] CWM
SS, that is so unfortunate        my 10 yr old crappy laptop ran settings higher than that       feel for you, brother

SaltySpear #14 Posted 17 September 2021 - 04:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2045 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Yeah the laptop does as well or better than the PC but is not great for long term gaming

Four_Leaf_Tayback #15 Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:44 PM

• 352 battles

Hey Salty, I am a little confused.  Can you specify the system in which you are having issues? It seems like you can run it OK on a laptop, but suddenly the desktop stopped working? Or maybe vice versa?

In any case, lay out your specs, I am a bit confused as to the specific system where you are having the problems.  Stuff like: processor, RAM, video card (or onboard video), monitor or multi-monitors. That might help me or others more savvy than me, help you diagnose your issue.

Thanks and again, good luck!

Call me Bobby

trikke #16 Posted 17 September 2021 - 09:35 PM

Major

• 6430 battles
  • [CWM] CWM
is there a card-specific troubleshooting utility you can run?

SaltySpear #17 Posted 18 September 2021 - 12:58 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2045 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Video card PNY Geforce GT730 2048M DDR3 PICE

Installed in 2013 HP
AMD A4 3420
4G DDR3
WINDOWS 8

Four_Leaf_Tayback #18 Posted 18 September 2021 - 01:48 AM

• 352 battles

View PostSaltySpear, on 17 September 2021 - 06:58 PM, said:

Video card PNY Geforce GT730 2048M DDR3 PICE

Installed in 2013 HP
AMD A4 3420
4G DDR3
WINDOWS 8

Well... It looks like it matches the min system requirements for the game. But you are cutting it pretty close.

Just to troubleshoot, open up the command line and type dxdiag and see what it says about your display. Make sure that it is reading your Geforce card and not the onboard graphics on your CPU.

You could try opening a case with WG and see if they can help. They will have you run dxdiag and probably some other things. Also, make sure your display drivers are up to date. Other than that, you are really on the low end of what it takes to run games, but, from what I can tell, still within WG's min system requirements for WOWP.

Once again, good luck. I wish there was something else I could suggest, but at this point opening up a case with support might be the best route.

Call me Bobby

trikke #19 Posted 18 September 2021 - 07:44 PM

Major

• 6430 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

but he did say that is ran well on that card until recently...    brb      

wait, i just reread it above     

he never said it ran 'okay' before, only that the screen never breaks out of queue screen into the pre-battle screen, like it used to

did it work normally before the update last week?       have you had a successful transition after .9?

SaltySpear #20 Posted 19 September 2021 - 03:19 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2045 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Yes the PC is the one I have played on since joining in March, accounting for 99% of my time. All had been fine: i had been gaming til well after midnight on Friday evening.  Sat afternoon went to play - Oops "no can do."

I have my Mrs laptop which runs WoWP well enuff but I prefer to play on a desktop.

But to update this story:.           a week has passed......

The original machine now won't even boot up.

I removed the video card and found  it does work (beautifully)  in the replacement unit (Lenovo M91).

But I.ve since discovered my Affordably Priced  bargain buy PC  has  a 240w power supply and it shuts down after just 3-5 minutes of battle time with the GT730 installed.

So I.m now currently awaiting a new video card I may not need and a 400w power supply I can't do without. 

SMH.  Welcome to my life. 

Thx for the moral and tech support. All your feedback was appreciated. Dunno about the inert HP. Don't think I care snuff to worry about the real problem.

I do want to save the HD. I have years of stuff stored there.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users