Republic F-84F Thunderstreak

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

teeaichsee #1 Posted 11 September 2021 - 12:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6582 battles
  • [THC-] THC-
just got the f84f and i like it, but only do so-so in it,but i am determined to get gud in it,ive even been able to cap a base in it all by myself,the tiny tims are amazing and the rockets are icing on the cake,i only seem to have trouble when i try to dogfight in it and its the guns-they take me 4ever to bring anything down except lite fighters.is there a trick to the guns to make them work better?do these guns do better with gold ammo? should i save my rockets for arial kills to help the guns? any advice or tips and tricks you may know of will be appreciated,thanks in advance and happy hunting.

CorvusCorvax #2 Posted 11 September 2021 - 12:42 AM

Major

• 6168 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Have you tried wiggling the mouse?

teeaichsee #3 Posted 11 September 2021 - 12:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6582 battles
  • [THC-] THC-

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 10 September 2021 - 07:42 PM, said:

Have you tried wiggling the mouse?

it worked ty so much.plus 1 for that

Dru83 #4 Posted 11 September 2021 - 02:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5908 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View Postteeaichsee, on 11 September 2021 - 12:25 AM, said:

just got the f84f and i like it, but only do so-so in it,but i am determined to get gud in it,ive even been able to cap a base in it all by myself,the tiny tims are amazing and the rockets are icing on the cake,i only seem to have trouble when i try to dogfight in it and its the guns-they take me 4ever to bring anything down except lite fighters.is there a trick to the guns to make them work better?do these guns do better with gold ammo? should i save my rockets for arial kills to help the guns? any advice or tips and tricks you may know of will be appreciated,thanks in advance and happy hunting.

So, in my opinion the F84f does best when focusing mainly on flipping caps by downing ADA and hitting ground targets. Don't save the rockets, use them for ground targets. With the full load out of rockets and Tims you should be able to pop 3-4 medium targets or a big target and one or two medium targets. The basic idea is to fly into a cap, pop one or two ADAs, then quickly finish the cap off by unleashing the Tims and rockets.

The trick to make the guns work better is to only shoot what you know you can kill. Only pick on the wounded or light fighters. Otherwise you're better off spending your time getting to a cap you can flip easily while the ordnance reloads.

In my mind, gold ammo isn't worth paying gold, however, I seem to win it often enough. So if you've got it, use it. If you don't, use universal unless you're hurting for credits.

Stick to your strengths, the F84f can't win every matchup, but it can always fly to where the enemy isn't and cap like crazy. I won a match a while ago against a Goblin I could do nothing against by staying away from him and capping as fast as possible.

teeaichsee #5 Posted 11 September 2021 - 04:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6582 battles
  • [THC-] THC-
thanks dru your advice was solid , i followed it and got a little over 8k and 2nd place with 2 stripes on the victorius team,i really appreciate you taking the time to help a bad player.

losttwo #6 Posted 11 September 2021 - 04:42 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13383 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

You can cap a Mining plant after you specialize it. 

ALL BY YOURSELF

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users