Joystick doesnt work

joystick

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

El_K4pe #1 Posted 09 September 2021 - 07:30 AM

Airman Basic

• 61 battles

Hi, I have a freedom 2.4 cordless joystick, logitech

But since years ago an update unallowed me to use it, I just uninstalled...

Now, im trying to come back, but its still failing, its like the joystick would not be there!

jack_wdw #2 Posted 09 September 2021 - 08:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4669 battles
That sucks.
I've experienced something similar 2 years back;
they've deleted my control method (xbox controller) in an update, had to wait half a year before they've restored gamepad settings in an other update.

AirCrewChief #3 Posted 09 September 2021 - 03:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 78 battles
  • [7CR] 7CR

I worked both in Alpha and Beta to try and get joysticks accepted.  A lot of players did a lot of testing and provided a lot of data to WG, but I don't think it was ever really implemented.  You may be able to get a joystick to work, but it'll be a challenge.  This sounds crazy, but I had my best luck when I was playing on a system that had a soundblaster card with a joystick port.  As long as I used that port I was good to go.  You might be able to find a pci card that has a joystick port.  You can get a usb-15 pin joystick adaptor and try that, but I think that WG WoWPs 'disconnect' happens when trying to hook up a joystick with usb.

You've made me decide to dig out my old system from storage and see if it'll still work with it's ThrustMaster though.  I'll let you know if I make any progress.

Asus Sabertooth 990FX r2.0 motherboard, liquid-cooled AMD FX9590 CPU, and 32gb Ballistix DDR3 RAM

Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200W power supply

liquid-cooled AMD RX580 Red Devil GPU and Soundblaster Z audio card

Bluegoose02 #4 Posted 09 September 2021 - 04:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7133 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
I use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro . Works pretty good and only cost about 40.00 dollar US. Uses USB port.

Edited by Bluegoose02, 09 September 2021 - 04:14 PM.

trikke #5 Posted 09 September 2021 - 04:28 PM

Major

• 6437 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

are you able to 'slightly' apply rudder, as apposed to pushing a key and getting immediate full rudder?

nah      i couldn't relearn a stick again      i'll just try blipping the key more

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore     

#smarterpilotscanpostpics

DrSinister #6 Posted 09 September 2021 - 10:13 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 128 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Posttrikke, on 09 September 2021 - 11:28 AM, said:

are you able to 'slightly' apply rudder, as apposed to pushing a key and getting immediate full rudder?

nah      i couldn't relearn a stick again      i'll just try blipping the key more

If joystick has a Z Axis, or using rudder pedals, we have full control on how much rudder is used, its not full on or full off like keyboard is.

View PostAirCrewChief, on 09 September 2021 - 10:49 AM, said:

I worked both in Alpha and Beta to try and get joysticks accepted.  A lot of players did a lot of testing and provided a lot of data to WG, but I don't think it was ever really implemented.  You may be able to get a joystick to work, but it'll be a challenge.  This sounds crazy, but I had my best luck when I was playing on a system that had a soundblaster card with a joystick port.  As long as I used that port I was good to go.  You might be able to find a pci card that has a joystick port.  You can get a usb-15 pin joystick adaptor and try that, but I think that WG WoWPs 'disconnect' happens when trying to hook up a joystick with usb.

You've made me decide to dig out my old system from storage and see if it'll still work with it's ThrustMaster though.  I'll let you know if I make any progress.

I do not know if you remember me from Closed Beta that help many people use a Web Based Graph (developed by an RU player) that showed you the plot points visually for joystick curves and how to modify the xml to adjust those points long before the graph curve was added to the game later on in Closed Beta.

Edited by DrSinister, 09 September 2021 - 10:16 PM.

AirCrewChief #7 Posted 10 September 2021 - 01:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 78 battles
  • [7CR] 7CR

View PostDrSinister, on 09 September 2021 - 05:13 PM, said:

If joystick has a Z Axis, or using rudder pedals, we have full control on how much rudder is used, its not full on or full off like keyboard is.

I do not know if you remember me from Closed Beta that help many people use a Web Based Graph (developed by an RU player) that showed you the plot points visually for joystick curves and how to modify the xml to adjust those points long before the graph curve was added to the game later on in Closed Beta.

I do remember that!  I tried contributing to the data with my old thrustmaster

Asus Sabertooth 990FX r2.0 motherboard, liquid-cooled AMD FX9590 CPU, and 32gb Ballistix DDR3 RAM

Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200W power supply

liquid-cooled AMD RX580 Red Devil GPU and Soundblaster Z audio card

SkyWolf__WM #8 Posted 10 September 2021 - 11:42 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 18414 battles
  • [T_E_S] T_E_S

View PostEl_K4pe, on 09 September 2021 - 02:30 AM, said:

Hi, I have a freedom 2.4 cordless joystick, logitech

But since years ago an update unallowed me to use it, I just uninstalled...

Now, im trying to come back, but its still failing, its like the joystick would not be there!

Don't use a cordless joystick.  :sceptic:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

El_K4pe #9 Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:09 AM

Airman Basic

• 61 battles

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 10 September 2021 - 11:42 AM, said:

Don't use a cordless joystick.  :sceptic:

What is that? Im not going to buy another joystick. But why dont?
It is working well, its not a joystick problem. If you are going to tell me: Because wireless is slowier...
That isnt the point.

SkyWolf__WM #10 Posted 14 September 2021 - 12:44 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 18414 battles
  • [T_E_S] T_E_S

View PostEl_K4pe, on 14 September 2021 - 03:09 AM, said:

What is that? Im not going to buy another joystick. But why dont?
It is working well, its not a joystick problem. If you are going to tell me: Because wireless is slowier...
That isnt the point.

Ok. I've never used anything but a joystick. :sceptic:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Also tagged with joystick

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users