Second Lieutenant

• 7447 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I love this tier 5 heavy!!!

WhoaBlackBetty #2 Posted 13 August 2021 - 03:11 AM

Captain

• 6600 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
So tell us about it! Turney burnie heavy? Fly ONLY like a heavy? High alt? Boom boom guns?

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!
J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by (guess who). View it anyway?

qu33kKC #3 Posted 13 August 2021 - 11:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15633 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 13 August 2021 - 03:11 AM, said:

Fly ONLY like a heavy? High alt? Boom boom guns?

It's German, so this ^

honorabili #4 Posted 14 August 2021 - 01:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 7447 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postqu33kKC, on 13 August 2021 - 06:22 AM, said:

It's German, so this ^

Yeah, pretty much fly mainly high, hit targets without trying to get hit. Drop the 500 lb bombs on two medium targets on something like a mine. It wins... a lot.

spectre977 #5 Posted 16 August 2021 - 04:29 PM

Airman Basic

• 4216 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Posthonorabili, on 12 August 2021 - 09:31 PM, said:

I love this tier 5 heavy!!!

It is crazy good! 

Flushmaster #6 Posted 26 August 2021 - 12:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2269 battles
  • [SF] SF

It's basically a stock 410 at T5. Guns aren't amazing but still rather good if you can sustain fire on a target for just a bit, this is improved with GAO and a sight. Add boost gear and an LPU to help stay on target a touch longer for that sustained fire and you've got a great boom and zoomer. It has great acceleration and energy retention as long as you don't try to turn too much. Go fast, climb up high, line up a shot and dive on your target. If you don't finish them off with one pass don't try to turn with them because you'll bleed off your energy and become vulnerable. Accelerate away, and if they're in a turn and burner or most MRFs and you have a decent bit of boost available, immediately climb at your best speed. Once you've created some distance turn around and do it again. Against other heavies, MRFs, and especially LFs the mantra "speed is life" very much applies so do not slow down. 

If you have enough starting speed and available boost you can climb more or less straight up after high flying bombers, and if you're already at altitude you can usually take a good chunk out of their HP by approaching perpendicular to their flightpath, blazing away while leading them as soon as you get in range of your 20s (which is pretty decent for a T5) as you sweep around onto their tail to finish them. GAAs you can loop up and around for repeated passes if there aren't any red fighters around, then boost to regain altitude after you kill them; I usually do this at plants, either by rushing to meet them at the beginning of the match while their fighters go after other sectors or when defending the plant against them as they attack it. You have a couple of bombs that can be used to take out a GT or two while you're lower to either prevent a flip by red or to push the sector over to blue; a precisely placed single bomb can take out an AA emplacement and two properly aimed can easily get most medium sized GTs or finish off already damaged big ones like the center of a plant or missile base. Build up boost while killing the GAAs down low then boost up to meet the bombers, then dive back down when the GAAs come back. Always watch out for fighters of any kind and don't let them get close and on your tail or you're boned, just like with any heavy.

Edited by Flushmaster, 26 August 2021 - 12:40 AM.

trikke #7 Posted 26 August 2021 - 02:14 AM

Major

• 6437 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

View Posthonorabili, on 13 August 2021 - 09:06 PM, said:

Drop the 500 lb bombs on two medium targets on something like a mine. It wins... a lot.

and when you consider that the bombs are actually German 500 kilos, not pounds...   they're marvelous      never fly without them

thank goodness the bombs are amazing      get the feel of them early, because once you specialize it, they're glued to you

Edited by trikke, 26 August 2021 - 02:21 AM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore     

#smarterpilotscanpostpics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users