Update 2.1.8

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

trikke #21 Posted 28 July 2021 - 07:34 PM

Major

• 6395 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

ty, BF        that was busted for too long         if even i knew about it before it got fixed, then it's too long

because i'm usually the last person to hear about these things

and it's an easy way to make the maps bigger, too       plus+1 from the bomber and GA drivers!      maybe not?

big plus for me personally, though        gives me about two more seconds to react to stuff at T10        much obliged, WG

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore     

#smarterpilotscanpostpics

pedro1_3 #22 Posted 28 July 2021 - 09:29 PM

Airman Basic

• 2372 battles
  • [GAVCA] GAVCA
I think you forgot to tell the players that you fixed the ground target HP number being bellow the HP bar

Captain_Underpants53 #23 Posted 28 July 2021 - 09:30 PM

Major

• 41322 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

At first, I thought losing that extra speed percentage ADE gave would doom me.  But after a few battles I realized that bombers (and GAA) actually lose less than the much faster LF, HF, and MR classes.  I can live with it!

:playing:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Cenotaph #24 Posted 28 July 2021 - 10:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Holy hell... they finally got around to fixing ADE after like, 2 years   :P
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

teeaichsee #25 Posted 28 July 2021 - 11:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6539 battles
  • [THC-] THC-

i dont think yall have any common sense.i want all my money back u just completely changed the game and no one asked for it.i lost 5 manuverability points on all my fighters and mutiroles and reduced the speed,what you did sucks and i think is very stupid.i really do regret spending any money here.it completely changes the way a plane plays now.i want back the planes i paid for or put them back the way they was,if not please refund my money.what you did here just blows my mind and i can only ask why?? u lost me i am no longer a fan or supporter.what do you plan on ruining with yer next update? oh wait you wont tell us.  brilliant! :facepalm:

from a once paying customer what you did here is anti maketing

its like you sold me a book written in disapearing ink

i will sell you back your nerfed planes for half of what i paid for them now thats a deal then re sell them for full price. refund me please

you would not have peed anyone off leaving the game alone,you didnt fix a thing,you should have told me what you was selling me was broke and to be made less in the future and i would not have bought them.you changed the deal not me.

Edited by teeaichsee, 29 July 2021 - 12:11 AM.

WhoaBlackBetty #26 Posted 28 July 2021 - 11:58 PM

Captain

• 6531 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View Postteeaichsee, on 28 July 2021 - 05:39 PM, said:

i dont think yall have any common sense.i want all my money back u just completely changed the game and no one asked for it.i lost 5 manuverability points on all my fighters and mutiroles and reduced the speed,what you did sucks and i think is very stupid.i really do regret spending any money here.it completely changes the way a plane plays now.i want back the planes i paid for or put them back the way they was,if not please refund my money.what you did here just blows my mind and i can only ask why?? u lost me i am no longer a fan or supporter.what do you plan on ruining with yer next update? oh wait you wont tell us.  brilliant! :facepalm:

i will sell you back your nerfed planes for half of what i paid for them now thats a deal then re sell them for full price. refund me please

Dude, I feel your pain, we all do, but your stats were based on a bug that should not have been there in the first place as I understand it.  WG simply put things like they should have been all along.  We adjust, shift gears, and deal.

WBB

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!
J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by (guess who). View it anyway?

Corsair4790805 #27 Posted 29 July 2021 - 12:11 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2366 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View Postteeaichsee, on 28 July 2021 - 03:39 PM, said:

From Blindfold on Discord, when someone mentioned not every one would be happy about the change:

"Yeah, I understand.  But still, it was a bug, not a feature."

If you want to complain, complain about either a) lack of good QA or b) the fact that it took them 2 years to fix a known bug.

WhoaBlackBetty #28 Posted 29 July 2021 - 12:14 AM

Captain

• 6531 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostCorsair4790805, on 28 July 2021 - 06:11 PM, said:

From Blindfold on Discord, when someone mentioned not every one would be happy about the change:

"Yeah, I understand.  But still, it was a bug, not a feature."

If you want to complain, complain about either a) lack of good QA or b) the fact that it took them 2 years to fix a known bug.

Boom.

J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by (guess who). View it anyway?

teeaichsee #29 Posted 29 July 2021 - 12:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6539 battles
  • [THC-] THC-

2 years is not a bug its then becomes part of the game,,,,they are not really as smart as they think they are.

i didnt see no warning labels on the planes i bought. you are just WRONG for doing this.

Edited by teeaichsee, 29 July 2021 - 12:23 AM.

WhoaBlackBetty #30 Posted 29 July 2021 - 12:37 AM

Captain

• 6531 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View Postteeaichsee, on 28 July 2021 - 06:15 PM, said:

2 years is not a bug its then becomes part of the game,,,,they are not really as smart as they think they are.

i didnt see no warning labels on the planes i bought. you are just WRONG for doing this.

LOL the warning labels are there, they owe us nothing according to what you signed on to when you started playing the game.  You can feel like you feel, but it is what it is.  The bug got fixed.

Captain_Underpants53 #31 Posted 29 July 2021 - 12:38 AM

Major

• 41322 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 28 July 2021 - 06:58 PM, said:

Dude, I feel your pain, we all do, but your stats were based on a bug that should not have been there in the first place as I understand it.  WG simply put things like they should have been all along.  We adjust, shift gears, and deal.

WBB

Or he can just go cry in his milk bottle.

:child:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Corsair4790805 #32 Posted 29 July 2021 - 12:42 AM

• 2366 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View Postteeaichsee, on 28 July 2021 - 04:15 PM, said:

Honestly.....it's not like the bug fix affects only you.  If affects everyone, every plane, every pilot.   The only people who won't notice a change are people flying with pilots who don't have ADE, and they may notice they suddenly perform a little better against pilots with ADE than they had in the past.

If they are wrong for anything, IMO, it's in taking two years to fix a known bug.   Especially one that evidently has a significant impact on the play of the game.   But long standing bugs are not new in WoWP.

teeaichsee #33 Posted 29 July 2021 - 12:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6539 battles
  • [THC-] THC-

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 28 July 2021 - 07:38 PM, said:

Or he can just go cry in his milk bottle.

thank you miss underpants, but dont you have some reporting to do?? you are always very helpful.i know how busy you get policing the joint and setting everyone straight.dont throw rocks if u live in a glass house,just sayin :P

deputy underpants always on the job ,always watching :amazed:

Edited by teeaichsee, 29 July 2021 - 12:59 AM.

SpiritFoxMY #34 Posted 29 July 2021 - 01:17 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7430 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

lol if anything it's people like me with Aerodynamic Expert on everything and fully calibrated ultimate gear on a whole bunch of planes AND having paid actual money for parts and Special Project equipment who should be salty. After all, we're the ones most heavily affected by this fix.

This will be interesting. I'm quite excited (and terrified) at the implications. On one hand, it gives new players a fairer shake and might even bring some planes back into the meta. On the other bomber dominance at tier 10 might straight up become bomber supremacy because every heavy fighter is going to take a big hit to their top speeds and people with gilded/flagged planes might have an even bigger advantage than before because the reduction to bonuses will mean a corresponding increase in the importance of penalties - and SP and EX gear have smaller penalties 

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 29 July 2021 - 01:20 AM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Captain_Underpants53 #35 Posted 29 July 2021 - 01:21 AM

Major

• 41322 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

View Postteeaichsee, on 28 July 2021 - 07:45 PM, said:

thank you miss underpants, but dont you have some reporting to do?? you are always very helpful.i know how busy you get policing the joint and setting everyone straight.dont throw rocks if u live in a glass house,just sayin :P

deputy underpants always on the job ,always watching :amazed:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #36 Posted 29 July 2021 - 01:24 AM

Major

• 1570 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I like the new 2.1.8.67.53.09

my friend Jenny said I would

tho...

seems to be a lotta back and forth hating

we got to get along in this world

it's easy, all you need is love

plus,

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 28 July 2021 - 08:17 PM, said:

lol if anything it's people like me with Aerodynamic Expert on everything and fully calibrated ultimate gear on a whole bunch of planes AND having paid actual money for parts and Special Project equipment who should be salty. After all, we're the ones most heavily affected by this fix.

This will be interesting. I'm quite excited (and terrified) at the implications. On one hand, it gives new players a fairer shake and might even bring some planes back into the meta. On the other bomber dominance at tier 10 might straight up become bomber supremacy because every heavy fighter is going to take a big hit to their top speeds and people with gilded/flagged planes might have an even bigger advantage than before because the reduction to bonuses will mean a corresponding increase in the importance of penalties - and SP and EX gear have smaller penalties 

---^--- this guy can always find the bright side

me...

I'm just glad my liquor cabinet wasn't emptied

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Genesect1 #37 Posted 29 July 2021 - 02:26 AM

Senior Airman

• 6124 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
If the "Aerodynamics Expert" skill is supposed to add 40% to the positive effect of equipment mounted on aircraft for maneuverability and speed then why is it not calculating this bonus towards the aircraft when using the G-suit equipment which is specifically for maneuverability and speed?

Edited by Genesect1, 29 July 2021 - 02:34 AM.

SpiritFoxMY #38 Posted 29 July 2021 - 02:44 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7430 battles
  • [CWM] CWM
Because G-suit's primary bonus only applies if your plane is flying above its optimum speed so it isn't shown in your hangar stats. 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Genesect1 #39 Posted 29 July 2021 - 02:49 AM

Senior Airman

• 6124 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 29 July 2021 - 02:44 AM, said:

Because G-suit's primary bonus only applies if your plane is flying above its optimum speed so it isn't shown in your hangar stats. 

Actually it is shown in the hangar stats however, the "aerodynamics expert" skill is not being applied to the stat numbers that it generates even though it is a specific positive effect for "speed and maneuverability"

12_inch_Hawk #40 Posted 29 July 2021 - 04:45 AM

• 33451 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
I have 232 planes with maxed out equipment in my hangar.  According to my stats I have played 3,722 hours and 9 minutes to get enough materials and tokens to build that equipment.  That doesn't include the thousands of hours I have spent in the hangar comparing aircraft to come up with the perfect equipment set up than enhancing, calibrating and reassembling until it was just the way I wanted it.  Now I have to go through all 299 planes in my hangar and start over?  I have to reassemble or maybe even change equipment all together with no silver or tokens or materials to do it with.  Yeah I can see why people are upset.  These updates just keep getting better (sarcasm).  Are you trying to ruin the game?  If you actually wanted to fix things you would have made the description of ADE match what it does not make what it does match a flawed description.  That probably would have saved a lot of time and effort too saving you money and not pissingoff your customers. 

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users