good bad easy fun

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Zombie_Snuggles #21 Posted 14 June 2021 - 09:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1840 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 14 June 2021 - 03:03 PM, said:

I actually agree with him.  The lack of speed just makes this old crow sad.  Once you've had a taste of getting around the map, it's hard not to go back for another fix.

Spinning at the central airbase killing bot MRF isn't fun.

Turning and having to keep your head on a swivel is still fun though! I like all styles but I don't think I can give up my Zero's!

Swordsman427 #22 Posted 15 June 2021 - 06:12 PM

Senior Airman

• 1717 battles

I discovered them late after spending most of my flight time in fighters and HFs, but MRFs might be my own personal sweet spot. The lack of altitude and lateral turn ability sometimes gets you (popping that nose up to get a bomber but realizing quickly you're just not going to get there...or if you get there, you've lost all velocity and are now a sitting duck), but once you understand the flying style you can absolutely affect games. You've got the ability to cap zones all by your lonesome and cap more important sites with just a little support from a GA or bomber. MRFs are the game-changers when flown right.

They are truly jacks-of-all-trades, masters-of-none, but the firepower rarely disappoints, especially on lines with autocannons. The gateway drug is the Corsair line (which changes a bit on you at the F-94, but it's fantastic for other reasons) and then you graduate to the British Hawker line and can really go to town. The Fw-190s are right here with them, although they are a bit of a different flight style from the Corsairs and Hawkers.

As with any plane, understand your limitations and you'll shine. Watch your altitude and know you can't turn with everyone and you will find yourself not only raking in the personal points, but getting more wins because of your ability to not only take out air targets quickly but clean up smaller or damaged ground targets.

Captain_Underpants53 #23 Posted 15 June 2021 - 06:30 PM

Major

• 41322 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS
:medal:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Also tagged with good, bad, easy, fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users