New exploiter in town

new exploiter

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 09 June 2021 - 04:16 PM

Major

• 41519 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

Went into battle a Tier III and lost miserably.  The problem was that both sides had a split tier flight with one Tier III and one Tier II and the flight on my side dropped from the battle immediately.  The Tier II on the red side also dropped at the same time.  After the battle I checked battle stats and was startled by the results. 

Both the guys on my side, well known to all and with win% far above my own, were showing 8.59% and 7.48% win rates, respectively.  How could this be?  I used the search players function on the game website and found that both of them were around 75% win rate.  After some experimentation I noticed they were using capital I (eye) instead of l (el) in their names.  Sure enough, when I searched the names   This verified the low win rates.

If I was F16SkyPilot or opala73_leandro I would be furious that some one was exploiting my name this way.

So I checked the winning side.  Sure enough, the winning team was also using l (el) instead of where you would expect I  (eye).  The Tier III guy had a 99.72% win rate and his dropout Tier II cohort had a 100% win rate!  This despite never attacking air or ground targets in around 400 battles.  All 4 players had around 400 battles.

The only guy that stayed in the battle and had a 99.72 win rate was calling himself Iinquiry (spelled with a lower case l (el).  His lower tier buddy with a 100% win rate was calling himself Experlment with a lower case l (el).  I believe these substitutions of the easily confused I (eye) and i (el) are an attempt to hide from scrutiny.

Anyone else run into this guy yet?  I think the guy is launching both split flights at the same time and bailing out of the battle with the three he doesn't want.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

dump_arcade_pixelpilot #2 Posted 09 June 2021 - 04:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5116 battles

It is a cheater that copys this

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

Most of the players are just mediocre. It's good to be part of the majority and by now I don't want anything else.

losttwo #3 Posted 09 June 2021 - 04:46 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13391 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

What fascinates me the most is that someone has such a severe mental illness 

to be so concerned about their win rate.

Edited by losttwo, 09 June 2021 - 04:48 PM.

dump_arcade_pixelpilot #4 Posted 09 June 2021 - 05:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5116 battles

This game is becoming less and less interesting to me:

- once again a player who wants to get to 100% WR with the double-flight-trick
- Server disturbances, when suddenly more players are playing

- Jet-Bombers, which lead a one-sided and boring domination in the High-Tier (especially in flight-combination with the XF-90)  
- an almost invincible T6-heavy, which is P2W-like
- more and more players who quit the game prematurely because their win expectations are not fulfilled
- blind egoism of more and more players takes the place of team play and game fun

I think it's about time for me to take a longer break from playing ... :(

Edited by the_better_tetrisgamer, 09 June 2021 - 05:19 PM.

Most of the players are just mediocre. It's good to be part of the majority and by now I don't want anything else.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 09 June 2021 - 05:17 PM

Major

• 1577 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postlosttwo, on 09 June 2021 - 11:46 AM, said:

What fascinates me the most is that someone has such a severe mental illness 

to be so concerned about their win rate.

that may be the most ridiculous waste of energy ever

look at me "I'm the horse's bungholio" mentality

yes you are, you certainly are

:facepalm:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Commodore_Sailracer #6 Posted 09 June 2021 - 06:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 12259 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Cap- submit the replay on a ticket so WG can boot them, if you haven't already

lnnokentiy #7 Posted 09 June 2021 - 08:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 12658 battles

View PostCommodore_Sailracer, on 09 June 2021 - 06:47 PM, said:

Cap- submit the replay on a ticket so WG can boot them, if you haven't already

And what will WG do? Effectively they are not breaking any rules on banned names. I mean just look up how WG adheres to their own rules against players called "Buddha" and other religious figures. But they were very keen on forcing me to rename because I had "Triumph" in name and it was "too close to trademarked phrase" (LOL).

Also, WG does nothing against teamkillers, even if you send ticket with replay, screenshot and timestamp. I guess TKing is okay now, just putting it out here.

rDdWtSm.png

Commodore_Sailracer #8 Posted 09 June 2021 - 09:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 12259 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View Postlnnokentiy, on 09 June 2021 - 03:13 PM, said:

And what will WG do? Effectively they are not breaking any rules on banned names. I mean just look up how WG adheres to their own rules against players called "Buddha" and other religious figures. But they were very keen on forcing me to rename because I had "Triumph" in name and it was "too close to trademarked phrase" (LOL).

Also, WG does nothing against teamkillers, even if you send ticket with replay, screenshot and timestamp. I guess TKing is okay now, just putting it out here.

Last time this happened, something was done:  Caught the damn cheaters in t4 - Off-Topic - World of Warplanes North American official forum

The offending account still exists but shows 0 battles fought.

trikke #9 Posted 09 June 2021 - 09:49 PM

Major

• 6437 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

even i wouldn't resort to this      and i'm pretty desperate             

let's face the truth here, a lot of folks out there are just deplorable       ban 'em, WG!

and why wouldn't he just let the unmanned bots just run?    seems less... obvious, that way

and the choice of names...     both are good pilots, i guess it's a back-handed compliment?      or was he attempting to get them in trouble?

have they ever flighted together before?      is this a revenge thing, maybe?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore     

#smarterpilotscanpostpics

SenatorTH #10 Posted 09 June 2021 - 09:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8996 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 09 June 2021 - 08:16 AM, said:

Went into battle a Tier III and lost miserably.  The problem was that both sides had a split tier flight with one Tier III and one Tier II and the flight on my side dropped from the battle immediately.  The Tier II on the red side also dropped at the same time.  After the battle I checked battle stats and was startled by the results. 

Both the guys on my side, well known to all and with win% far above my own, were showing 8.59% and 7.48% win rates, respectively.  How could this be?  I used the search players function on the game website and found that both of them were around 75% win rate.  After some experimentation I noticed they were using capital I (eye) instead of l (el) in their names.  Sure enough, when I searched the names   This verified the low win rates.

If I was F16SkyPilot or opala73_leandro I would be furious that some one was exploiting my name this way.

So I checked the winning side.  Sure enough, the winning team was also using l (el) instead of where you would expect I  (eye).  The Tier III guy had a 99.72% win rate and his dropout Tier II cohort had a 100% win rate!  This despite never attacking air or ground targets in around 400 battles.  All 4 players had around 400 battles.

The only guy that stayed in the battle and had a 99.72 win rate was calling himself Iinquiry (spelled with a lower case l (el).  His lower tier buddy with a 100% win rate was calling himself Experlment with a lower case l (el).  I believe these substitutions of the easily confused I (eye) and i (el) are an attempt to hide from scrutiny.

Anyone else run into this guy yet?  I think the guy is launching both split flights at the same time and bailing out of the battle with the three he doesn't want.

Main account of said cheater: https://worldofwarpl...463155-lnquiry/

Secondary account of his flight: https://worldofwarpl...691-Experlment/

And secondary flight: https://worldofwarpl...77-F16SkyPiIot/

https://worldofwarpl...paIa73_leandro/

It's pretty sure that all 4 accounts are launched on one or max two computers. Which is direct violation.

I reported them long time ago on discord bug section, but no action was taken. This looks strange, as previously the same situation iirc on EU server was solved quite fast and effectively.

Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 09 June 2021 - 10:22 PM

Major

• 41519 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS
Well, I reported all 4 of them and submitted a ticket about it.  We'll see if it was wasted time.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Mudguts_ #12 Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 911 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 09 June 2021 - 06:31 PM, said:

we had a fellow in our clan...

I believe his name was Mel Brooks

a right honorable fellow

WoWP FE 1.x golden age my friend...RIP:honoring:

"Push me, shove you."

"Oh yeah, says who?"

blindfoId #13 Posted 10 June 2021 - 01:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 09 June 2021 - 07:16 PM, said:

View PostSenatorTH, on 10 June 2021 - 12:50 AM, said:

Main account of said cheater: https://worldofwarpl...463155-lnquiry/

Secondary account of his flight: https://worldofwarpl...691-Experlment/

And secondary flight: https://worldofwarpl...77-F16SkyPiIot/

https://worldofwarpl...paIa73_leandro/

It's pretty sure that all 4 accounts are launched on one or max two computers. Which is direct violation.

I reported them long time ago on discord bug section, but no action was taken. This looks strange, as previously the same situation iirc on EU server was solved quite fast and effectively.

Thank you for your report. Customer Care team has taken measures against the violator. We apologise for your negative gaming experience  :honoring:

You won't see him in battles for a certain period of time. Thank you for your reports directly to the Customer Support. I really appreciate them. Any alt-accounts of violators go through the same procedure of an escalating punishment.

I really understand the inconveniences and frustration caused by this behaviour as well as related discouraging game experience when you encounter such a situation. Still, we cannot twist the rules.

Any violations of game rules are dealt with by the responsible Customer Care Team. Both in-game reporting and submitting tickets will speed up the process of taking actions against a violator. Please take into account that habitual violations have an escalating punishment, similar to the forum bans. Each successive punishment is harsher and longer. 

If you encounter the same or similar issues again, please use in-game reporting system and submit a ticket to Customer Support to speed up the process. Screenshots and replays will be very welcomed. I would also appreciate pinging me in future. Please feel free to contact me directly.

opala73_leandro #14 Posted 10 June 2021 - 01:47 PM

Master Sergeant

• 9561 battles
  • [GAVCA] GAVCA
on another occasion I managed to record the match and report it because I played against them, it was banned (must be only one person) but this time I haven't found it yet

dump_arcade_pixelpilot #15 Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5116 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 10 June 2021 - 04:26 PM, said:

Mrs.?... I'd bet Mr. Blindfold certainly has his hands full with that!

:honoring:

According to my information blindfold is a lady and therefore the title Mrs. is perfectly o.k. - or am I misinformed?
Please keep in mind that English is not my native language. This may be an additional source of error. If there is something wrong, please feel free to correct me and of course I ask for final apology.

CorvusCorvax #16 Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:40 PM

Major

• 6183 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 10 June 2021 - 03:26 PM, said:

Mrs.?... I'd bet Mr. Blindfold certainly has his hands full with that!

:honoring:

as for  HOF exploiters,

I'd say look at the top 10 with about 2k or less games

under 2,200 avg E/B

or play a tier 1 game or 2 during the afternoon

look for players that maybe are a clubber on one side

and a seal on the opposite side

it's being done quite often and it must be discouraging for newbs

it's bad enough to have real seal clubbing going on

but to have some moron spend his life so he can hack a 95% w/r

at the destruction of encouraging new player a fair shake,...

it needs fixing

This is exactly the reason I say win rate is a meaningless stat.

There are some pilots that are just plain good, and you can see them succeeding at all tiers, in almost every kind of plane.  Then there are pilots who are situationally good - they succeed with certain types of planes, and not at all with others.

Then there are pilots who are good on paper.  Then you look at the planes that they play, and at what tiers.  I remember a long time ago there was one forum blowhard that was always boasting about win rate - the majority of this guy's play was in the Bf-109B.

Now we have these guys who are not merely gaming the system, but outright exploiting it for winrate, and winrate alone.

No, I am going to stick with my opinion that winrate is the most useless stat of them all, and that anybody outside of the known-good pilot circles (and yes, everybody knows who these guys are - guys who, oddly enough, NEVER boast about winrate) who does chest-thumping about winrate is just a freakin' blowhard.

CorvusCorvax #17 Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:42 PM

Major

• 6183 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postthe_better_tetrisgamer, on 10 June 2021 - 03:40 PM, said:

According to my information blindfold is a lady

^^^ This is true.

Whether of not she is married is unknown, but she seems very nice from her posts here, so I would not be surprised if she is indeed married.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #18 Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:43 PM

Major

• 1577 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postthe_better_tetrisgamer, on 10 June 2021 - 10:40 AM, said:

According to my information blindfold is a lady and therefore the title Mrs. is perfectly o.k. - or am I misinformed?
Please keep in mind that English is not my native language. This may be an additional source of error. If there is something wrong, please feel free to correct me and of course I ask for final apology.

you are correct, blindfold is all lady BUT... in the english language,

MRS. is denotation of a MARRIED woman

MS. would be a no indicator

and Miss is generally considered a single woman

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #19 Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:45 PM

Major

• 1577 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 10 June 2021 - 10:40 AM, said:

This is exactly the reason I say win rate is a meaningless stat.

There are some pilots that are just plain good, and you can see them succeeding at all tiers, in almost every kind of plane.  Then there are pilots who are situationally good - they succeed with certain types of planes, and not at all with others.

Then there are pilots who are good on paper.  Then you look at the planes that they play, and at what tiers.  I remember a long time ago there was one forum blowhard that was always boasting about win rate - the majority of this guy's play was in the Bf-109B.

Now we have these guys who are not merely gaming the system, but outright exploiting it for winrate, and winrate alone.

No, I am going to stick with my opinion that winrate is the most useless stat of them all, and that anybody outside of the known-good pilot circles (and yes, everybody knows who these guys are - guys who, oddly enough, NEVER boast about winrate) who does chest-thumping about winrate is just a freakin' blowhard.

agreed sir

dump_arcade_pixelpilot #20 Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5116 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 10 June 2021 - 04:43 PM, said:

you are correct, blindfold is all lady BUT... in the english language,

MRS. is denotation of a MARRIED woman

MS. would be a no indicator

and Miss is generally considered a single woman

Thank you - i've corrected it to "MS." in the original post.

Also tagged with new, exploiter

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users