What is the best tier x fighter for me?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

trikke #21 Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:33 PM

Major

• 5393 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSoviet_2021_1, on 08 April 2021 - 10:15 AM, said:

I mean most of my targets are usually bombers that go out on raids to our place. In wot I like the tanks that are arty's worst nightmare.

oooo    ooooo    oooooooo     you are def going to want to fly heavies, too         ^^exactly that^^    plus BnZ    plus quickly moving from cap to cap

super stable large caliber long range guns     and (usually) enough hitpoints to take out an entire flight of bombers 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

SpiritFoxMY #22 Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:41 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6559 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSoviet_2021_1, on 08 April 2021 - 10:22 PM, said:

I guess I'll do German because I like boom and zoom warplanes. But are there others besides the soviets that you'd like to recommend. I am already grinding those 2.

If you like fast planes that hit hard and run away, go up the American or German Heavy Fighter lines. They turn like freight trains but hit like them too. Otherwise if you want a bit more agility to go with the firepower, go with the American or British multiroles. Maybe the German ones but those are really rough.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Captain_Underpants53 #23 Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:42 PM

Major

• 37048 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostSoviet_2021_1, on 07 April 2021 - 09:18 PM, said:

I'm looking for a fighter with good speed, maneuverability, and firepower. HP/armor doesn't matter at all to me.

At the rate you are NOT flying I will be dead by the time you get to Tier X.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CamuMahubah #24 Posted 08 April 2021 - 04:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2483 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

https://worldofwarpl...=1757,1759,1761

I have this one and the German light fighter at tier 9.  I don't have a tier X yet.

The ki-162 is more fun than one could imagine because you can use the boost to energy fight tier 8's and out turn most tier 9's.  Best kept secret and I imagine the tier X is more of the same.

Very fragile.  Die fast if you stupid.  Watch your six.  

Viper_7242NC #25 Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16233 battles
  • [VIPR3] VIPR3

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 07 April 2021 - 11:39 PM, said:

I-210 is just one brief hiccup, and for more experienced players it's not even much of a problem. I'm going to buy the I-210 back eventually.

I'm not. Just sayin'... I specifically played to get to the F-86 and the Mig-15, not completely disappointed in them but not happy that a make believe plane outclasses them. So, yeah to get the best and easiest tier X fighter would be the 1101. IMHO

Edited by Viper_7242NC, 08 April 2021 - 05:36 PM.

So say we all.

GeorgePatton #26 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:07 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1827 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

Hello, I am your friendly neighborhood F-86A evangelist. If you want speed and maneuverability and don't care about armor then the F-86A is your plane. Lots of people complain about the guns (6x .50s) but they just don't know how to get close because for the most part they transition from German planes that they feel are OP due to the long range 20mm and 30mm cannons. Get within 400m and the F-86A is just as deadly and nothing will out-turn it. Once you get on someone's tail they're not going to shake you.'

OK, the rest of you can get back to talking him/her into your favorite planes! :teethhappy:

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Captain_Rownd #27 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:14 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4510 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 08 April 2021 - 12:15 AM, said:

Yak-30 lacks speed,

Dunno, I've never felt "lacking" when I've flown it.   It isn't a rocketship, but it gets there fine.  And, it's just generally easy to fly/play. 

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

WhoaBlackBetty #28 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:21 PM

Captain

• 4953 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostGeorgePatton, on 08 April 2021 - 04:07 PM, said:

Hello, I am your friendly neighborhood F-86A evangelist. If you want speed and maneuverability and don't care about armor then the F-86A is your plane. Lots of people complain about the guns (6x .50s) but they just don't know how to get close because for the most part they transition from German planes that they feel are OP due to the long range 20mm and 30mm cannons. Get within 400m and the F-86A is just as deadly and nothing will out-turn it. Once you get on someone's tail they're not going to shake you.'

OK, the rest of you can get back to talking him/her into your favorite planes! :teethhappy:

Cheers!
Glenn

I am "lots of people."  The 86A, to this average pilot, can be a terror at low to mid alt.  I have been terrorized by one, flown by a quite good pilot, up highish, also.  If I do what I usually do, and that is getting too low for too long in my 1101, I am absolutely looking over my shoulder if a decent pilot is in an 86A.

I will still say that the 1101 is overall "better" (coughs) as it can operate well enough in lowish alts if you dive well, strategize well, and have energy boost to get out, and know your F keys. Sometimes even this is not enough against a decent 86A pilot, however. 

The 1101 can do things up high an 86A simply cannot, just because of its assassination guns.

WBB

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!
J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by (guess who). View it anyway?

GeorgePatton #29 Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:01 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1827 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 08 April 2021 - 05:21 PM, said:

I am "lots of people."  The 86A, to this average pilot, can be a terror at low to mid alt.  I have been terrorized by one, flown by a quite good pilot, up highish, also.  If I do what I usually do, and that is getting too low for too long in my 1101, I am absolutely looking over my shoulder if a decent pilot is in an 86A.

I will still say that the 1101 is overall "better" (coughs) as it can operate well enough in lowish alts if you dive well, strategize well, and have energy boost to get out, and know your F keys. Sometimes even this is not enough against a decent 86A pilot, however. 

The 1101 can do things up high an 86A simply cannot, just because of its assassination guns.

WBB

I agree, the range on the guns is the one thing that the 1101 has going for it vs the 86 against an 86 pilot that knows three-dimensional space very well the range doesn't nearly equalize the fight. I sent my pilot to dance lessons with Jagger and he's good on that front now! :teethhappy: 

Seriously though - for any new people wondering, learning to maneuver 'out of plane' with your opponent when you have a serious range disadvantage is huge. Essentially it's a complicated 'dance' where you  think of your opponent's area where s/he can easily point their guns as a cone in front of their plane and you try to maneuver in an axis that will make them have to dramatically shift their flight path to put their 'cone' on you. Keep doing that and you'll quickly exceed your opponent's flight envelope and they'll go sailing by - with the F-86 you know you can latch onto their tail and stay there.

Also, the 'F keys' WBB referenced are F4 (attack/defend this aerial target) and F7 (clear my tail) which send bots to aid you.

Cheers!
Glenn

Captain_Rownd #30 Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4510 battles

View PostGeorgePatton, on 08 April 2021 - 01:01 PM, said:

Also, the 'F keys' WBB referenced are F4 (attack/defend this aerial target) and F7 (clear my tail) which send bots to aid you.

What are the parameters (distance/altitude/vision/aircraft type/etc) of that?   (dammit, I'd have to reshuffle my hat assignments again) 

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

GeorgePatton #31 Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:34 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1827 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 08 April 2021 - 06:23 PM, said:

What are the parameters (distance/altitude/vision/aircraft type/etc) of that?   (dammit, I'd have to reshuffle my hat assignments again) 

AFAIA it'll pull a random fighter, multirole, or heavy to assist you if you press F7 and will do the same to attack if you press F4. Make sure you're looking at the alternate UI before you press F4! :trollface:

Cheers!
Glenn

Captain_Rownd #32 Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• 4510 battles

View PostGeorgePatton, on 08 April 2021 - 01:34 PM, said:

AFAIA it'll pull a random fighter, multirole, or heavy to assist you if you press F7 and will do the same to attack if you press F4. Make sure you're looking at the alternate UI before you press F4! :trollface:

It is the random closest fighter?  Is there a max distance?  Is there a max altitude separation, or does it depend on that plane's operating altitude?  It sounds like they basically do the exact same thing, so why are there two buttons? 

I'm not sure what the last part means...

Favorites:

SpiritFoxMY #33 Posted 09 April 2021 - 04:12 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6559 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 09 April 2021 - 09:36 AM, said:

It is the random closest fighter?  Is there a max distance?  Is there a max altitude separation, or does it depend on that plane's operating altitude?  It sounds like they basically do the exact same thing, so why are there two buttons? 

I'm not sure what the last part means...

F7 orders the closest air-to-air capable bot to attack any one bot that is currently targeting you.

F4 requires that you hold your reticule over a target airplane to tell the nearest air-to-air capable bot to attack the target you are pointing at

F2 requires that you hold your reticule over a target cap to tell the nearest bot to attack or defend the cap. An attack order will prioritize bombers and GAAs. A Defend order will only bring in A2A capable bots

F3 calls the closest relevant bot to assist you. If you are in a cap, it will call them to help attack or defend the cap as appropriate. If outside a cap, it simply calls them to your side

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Corsair4790805 #34 Posted 09 April 2021 - 04:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1797 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 08 April 2021 - 08:12 PM, said:

F7 orders the closest air-to-air capable bot to attack any one bot that is currently targeting you.

F4 requires that you hold your reticule over a target airplane to tell the nearest air-to-air capable bot to attack the target you are pointing at

F2 requires that you hold your reticule over a target cap to tell the nearest bot to attack or defend the cap. An attack order will prioritize bombers and GAAs. A Defend order will only bring in A2A capable bots

F3 calls the closest relevant bot to assist you. If you are in a cap, it will call them to help attack or defend the cap as appropriate. If outside a cap, it simply calls them to your side

Interesting.  I've been using F3 when flying GA to get a pseudo-wingman for fighter cover.   Perhaps I should use F7 instead?  Or does that only work for when you have someone on your tail, and once they're cleared the bot meanders off to do something else (usually with the same level of ineffectiveness)?

hoom #35 Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13460 battles

Block Quote

The 86A, to this average pilot, can be a terror at low to mid alt.  I have been terrorized by one, flown by a quite good pilot, up highish, also.

Oh boy, I hope I run into you one time with my F-86A :trollface:

Feel absolutely free to take that battle up just as high as you wish :)

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

teeaichsee #36 Posted 09 April 2021 - 11:51 PM

Senior Airman

• 2382 battles

View PostGeorgePatton, on 08 April 2021 - 10:07 PM, said:

Cheers!
Glenn

i agree its a fantastic plane.im just ok at best but f86 makes me look good at times

GeorgePatton #37 Posted 10 April 2021 - 12:55 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1827 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View Posthoom, on 09 April 2021 - 02:39 AM, said:

Oh boy, I hope I run into you one time with my F-86A :trollface:

Feel absolutely free to take that battle up just as high as you wish :)

Just fought an HGIII at 5k meters and won. People don't know the power of the 86! :trollface:

Cheers!
Glenn

WhoaBlackBetty #38 Posted 10 April 2021 - 01:33 AM

Captain

• 4953 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
My 1101 does. BLAP BLAP BLAP BLAP (rest) BLAP EXPLOOOODE

J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by (guess who). View it anyway?

GeorgePatton #39 Posted 10 April 2021 - 01:47 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1827 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 09 April 2021 - 08:33 PM, said:

My F-86 does BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT explode!

Cheers!
Glenn

WhoaBlackBetty #40 Posted 10 April 2021 - 01:48 AM

Captain

• 4953 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 09 April 2021 - 07:33 PM, said:

View PostGeorgePatton, on 09 April 2021 - 07:47 PM, said:

My F-86 does BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT explode!

Cheers!
Glenn

LEGIT!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users