Jump to content


What's in for us for 2.1.6?

2.1.6

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Lose_dudes #1 Posted 06 April 2021 - 02:41 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1814 battles
  • 629
  • [524] 524
  • Member since:
    01-24-2020
Is it more special pilots? Or maybe even a plane line?
Destroyers? In my day, we only had torpedo boats!

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 06 April 2021 - 03:00 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 37145 battles
  • 6,131
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

Cupcakes!  For everybody!

 

:child:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #3 Posted 06 April 2021 - 03:34 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 11639 battles
  • 15,681
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 06 April 2021 - 10:00 AM, said:

Cupcakes!  For everybody!

 

:child:

 

I'm in



Jaguardian #4 Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 528 battles
  • 1,021
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostLose_dudes, on 06 April 2021 - 08:41 AM, said:

Is it more special pilots? Or maybe even a plane line?

 

Expect nothing and you wont be disappointed.



Lose_dudes #5 Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:29 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1814 battles
  • 629
  • [524] 524
  • Member since:
    01-24-2020

View PostJaguardian, on 06 April 2021 - 07:25 PM, said:

 

Expect nothing and you wont be disappointed.

Expect something and I get a measly t8-t10 US bomber line


Destroyers? In my day, we only had torpedo boats!

pyantoryng #6 Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:52 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3499 battles
  • 8,648
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
More things break down...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

TeamTerrence #7 Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:56 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6 battles
  • 385
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2016

View PostJaguardian, on 06 April 2021 - 02:25 PM, said:

 

Expect nothing and you wont be disappointed.

View Postpyantoryng, on 06 April 2021 - 03:52 PM, said:

More things break down...

 

word



black_hull4 #8 Posted 07 April 2021 - 03:38 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 265 battles
  • 43
  • Member since:
    04-13-2020

View PostLose_dudes, on 06 April 2021 - 11:29 AM, said:

Expect something and I get a measly t8-t10 US bomber line

but if Wargaming adds the B-50 & B-52...



Lose_dudes #9 Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:06 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1814 battles
  • 629
  • [524] 524
  • Member since:
    01-24-2020

View Postblack_hull4, on 07 April 2021 - 03:38 AM, said:

but if Wargaming adds the B-50 & B-52...

...then they will have nukes.

Quoting someone I remember, "If you allow nuclear proliferation in a game, there's no turning back."


Destroyers? In my day, we only had torpedo boats!

trikke #10 Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:59 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 5408 battles
  • 5,487
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostLose_dudes, on 06 April 2021 - 10:41 AM, said:

Is it more special pilots? Or maybe even a plane line?

 

i would guess more special pilots, because there's no IP issues or balancing required        just make up some numbers and stick a price tag on it!

 

oh, but then WG would have do months of exhaustive research on the perfect name for that pilot       

 

so... i guess that special pilots are off the table, then


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

black_hull4 #11 Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:42 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 265 battles
  • 43
  • Member since:
    04-13-2020

View PostLose_dudes, on 07 April 2021 - 06:06 AM, said:

...then they will have nukes. "If you allow nuclear proliferation in a game, there's no turning back."

Well, they carried OTHER bombloads, so not necessarily. We could get:

 

T8- B-50 Superfortress, a development of the B-29(which might be a premium)

T9- B-36B Peacemaker, the next logical choice(a six-engine plane with twin & single 20mm defensive turrets) 

T10- B-52 Stratofortress, an eight-engine jet bomber with high speed & a quad .50cal or a 20mm tail turret 



Lose_dudes #12 Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:24 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1814 battles
  • 629
  • [524] 524
  • Member since:
    01-24-2020

View Postblack_hull4, on 07 April 2021 - 05:42 PM, said:

Well, they carried OTHER bombloads, so not necessarily. We could get:

 

T8- B-50 Superfortress, a development of the B-29(which might be a premium)

T9- B-36B Peacemaker, the next logical choice(a six-engine plane with twin & single 20mm defensive turrets) 

T10- B-52 Stratofortress, an eight-engine jet bomber with high speed & a quad .50cal or a 20mm tail turret 

The devs are rather new... this is only the 5th or so update, we have pretty much a patch a month. I'm hoping for a plane line. I think @Blindfold mentioned a developing US bomber line?


Destroyers? In my day, we only had torpedo boats!

Corsair4790805 #13 Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:27 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1814 battles
  • 502
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View PostLose_dudes, on 07 April 2021 - 10:24 AM, said:

The devs are rather new... this is only the 5th or so update, we have pretty much a patch a month. I'm hoping for a plane line. I think @Blindfold mentioned a developing US bomber line?


The remainder of the US Bomber line was supposed to appear in the fall of 2019.  Blindfold recently confirmed that it's still coming, but didn't have an ETA for it.



Wrongway_Conway #14 Posted 07 April 2021 - 08:28 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10 battles
  • 91
  • Member since:
    12-10-2020

View PostJaguardian, on 06 April 2021 - 02:25 PM, said:

 

Expect nothing and you wont be disappointed.

 

Agreed. I believe this holds true for most free-to-play games. But maybe we'll get an overhauled MM... NOT!, a ladder system with seasons... NOT!, a clan battle room with real clan on clan match scheduling and normal xp and rewards for winning (not the hokey training room with nothing awarded for winning a battle)... NOT!, a way to tell which plane you are taking a part from when upgrading equipment before you click on the "accept" button... NOT!, err... snap out of it... we will only get more pain and never any delight. But maybe I can't tell if the WoWP game glass is half-full and not viewed as half-empty. Considering all the data that is being processed for the map visuals and still get > 50 fps all the time I'm happy that this game doesn't lag out most of the time (even with 6 humans on each side to receive data from). 


You've got to grind, grind, grind...

jack_wdw #15 Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:36 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4614 battles
  • 898
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012

View Postblack_hull4, on 07 April 2021 - 05:42 PM, said:

Well, they carried OTHER bombloads, so not necessarily. We could get:

 

T8- B-50 Superfortress, a development of the B-29(which might be a premium)

T9- B-36B Peacemaker, the next logical choice(a six-engine plane with twin & single 20mm defensive turrets) 

T10- B-52 Stratofortress, an eight-engine jet bomber with high speed & a quad .50cal or a 20mm tail turret 

 

i am rather thinking the following:
B-29 with B-50 as airframe and engine upgrade (t.8) >>  starting with  the XB-47 upto B-47A & B as airframe upgrades and lots of possible engine upgrades (t.9) >> B-47e final version with 20mm turret, more powerfull engines, higher payload, one possible engine  and/or turret upgrade (t.10)

i can't see how b-52 nor b-36 would fit in this game



TeamTerrence #16 Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:26 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6 battles
  • 385
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2016

View PostWrongway_Conway, on 07 April 2021 - 03:28 PM, said:

 

Agreed. I believe this holds true for most free-to-play games. But maybe we'll get an overhauled MM... NOT!, a ladder system with seasons... NOT!, a clan battle room with real clan on clan match scheduling and normal xp and rewards for winning (not the hokey training room with nothing awarded for winning a battle)... NOT!, a way to tell which plane you are taking a part from when upgrading equipment before you click on the "accept" button... NOT!, err... snap out of it... we will only get more pain and never any delight. But maybe I can't tell if the WoWP game glass is half-full and not viewed as half-empty. Considering all the data that is being processed for the map visuals and still get > 50 fps all the time I'm happy that this game doesn't lag out most of the time (even with 6 humans on each side to receive data from). 

 

If there is a MM or bot tweak they tend to leave that out of the patch notes

 

Sometimes they are and sometimes its just a player who is wearing their new tinfoil hat



Swordsman427 #17 Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:22 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 1081 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    07-15-2013
I mean...there's no way you ever introduce the B-52 into this game, right? It would nuke conquest mode, actual nukes or not. I would imagine it would be able to carpet bomb and cap with one pass. You could modulate this with slow reload...but still. Nothing would be able to touch it.

WhoaBlackBetty #18 Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:46 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4999 battles
  • 3,195
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
  • Member since:
    07-27-2014

View PostSwordsman427, on 07 April 2021 - 08:22 PM, said:

I mean...there's no way you ever introduce the B-52 into this game, right? It would nuke conquest mode, actual nukes or not. I would imagine it would be able to carpet bomb and cap with one pass. You could modulate this with slow reload...but still. Nothing would be able to touch it.

 

It'd be great if WG would construct maps just for pilots flying a B-52.


De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!
J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by (guess who). View it anyway?

                                                                                                                     

       


Swordsman427 #19 Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:44 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 1081 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    07-15-2013
+Introduce a couple more Korean War-era jets for those scenarios...a man can dream.

trikke #20 Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:21 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 5408 battles
  • 5,487
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Bearcat, plz
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users