Great advice - 12_inch_Hawk

advice Gabreski

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Viper_7242NC #1 Posted 03 April 2021 - 02:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18487 battles
  • [VIPR3] VIPR3

Gabreski medal. Very hard for me. 12_inch_Hawk advised me to put Mary Loveheart in my P-43 and try. So I did and after a few tries I was successful. It takes a little bit of RNG to do though. I have to be uptier and the match has to last long enough to destroy 7 ground targets. Blew up six with bombs and one with guns ( 4 point soft target ). Just want to say thanks for the advice and point out the value of the advice from veteran players. :medal:

So say we all.

Commodore_Sailracer #2 Posted 03 April 2021 - 03:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 12709 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Congrats!  I'm about to start on that mission.  I just got the P43 recently and it seems pretty capable.  I don't have a Mary Loveheart though.

Commodore_Sailracer #3 Posted 03 April 2021 - 03:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 12709 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

What's better in the airframe slot for getting Gabreskis- lightweight wingframe or polished skin?

I'm starting with bomb sight in the outboard slot for the +5% damage bonus (since no Loveheart and without anything in that slot it often leaves part of an armored AA gun intact)

12_inch_Hawk #4 Posted 04 April 2021 - 10:06 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 35476 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Your welcome.  Spending free xp, silver, tokens, etc is always better than spending real money.  That being said WG is pimping out all the girls right now along with Charles and Hans and 10 steel supply crates in the battle company bundle.  If you are going to spend money on this game or spend any serious time playing I HIGHLY suggest picking it up.  Paying real money for premium planes, premium time, premium ammo or pretty much anything else is a waste of money but these pilots are worth every penny.  The longest grind in the game is pilot skills so it might as well be on a good pilot and they already have 7 points to get you started.  

Good choice on the bomb sight.  I take the 5% reload bonus and only calibrate to 408 (not 478) to minimize the reload penalty.  The key to getting gabreski's in the p-43 is speed and reload speed.  So to answer your question take the polished skin.  You will have comparable speed to the Bf 109 so not much short of a heavy will catch you and heavies are your primary diet.  Drop your bombs, kill the heavy ADA's, and move on.  If some pesky light fighter or light multirole tries to chase you all the better.  You just took them out of the battle without firing a shot.  

Also tagged with advice, Gabreski

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users