Map Mods & A Creativity Contest

maps mods contest

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Master_Cylinder #1 Posted 29 March 2021 - 05:49 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 200 battles
  • [FK] FK

Blindfold and Eekeeboo; sure would be nice if one of you would entertain supporting this idea.

I have working with George Patton & Trikke on map modifications for Saturday Night events.  In one aspect I have been successful  in that I now know how to put a race track on a map for Tier Races along with  Demolition Derbies.  Personally real life gets in the way of being able to make mods for all 13 base maps plus I am not an artist.  Would like to suggest that we set up a contest for those that want to participate to come up with the best map mods.   Kind of like the Plane Skin contest for Halloween back in 2013.  There were some cool skins that were developed back then and yes a fly a number of them.  If War Planes would supply some small prizes that would be great or if there is someone out there who would like to contribute to a prize fund that would be great also.  

Dr. Sinister has agreed to create an executable file that would be available on his repository for all to download and unpack. This means that these maps could be used by all clans for their own clan events.

I have already taught the basics to LostTwo and am willing to teach anybody else who is interested in creating the map mods. 

Anybody that is interested in supporting this little endeavor please contact Farquare in the game and he and I will get you involved.

Any and all comments are welcome except from Lionitus

losttwo #2 Posted 29 March 2021 - 08:00 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13682 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

Do you hear that Lionitus.

No one wants your 2 cents 

But you can contribute gold for prizes

trikke #3 Posted 29 March 2021 - 09:23 PM

Major

• 6810 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

i once saw Lionitus staggering drunk down the street after he came out of Billy Bob's

this is the sign over the door in BIG LETTERS      (and it's spelled correctly now      took 'em three tries)

ALL GUESTS MUST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR PERSONAL SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS WHILE AT BILLY BOB’S TEXAS

he sure didn't look like he had any extra gold to be handed out      but it's been a while, so...

edit:  BF... would you please please get this approved for us?     i support creative people!

ALL GUESTS MUST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR PERSONAL SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS WHILE AT BIL

Edited by trikke, 29 March 2021 - 09:24 PM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore     

#smarterpilotscanpostpics

Master_Cylinder #4 Posted 29 March 2021 - 09:46 PM

• 200 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Posttrikke, on 29 March 2021 - 09:23 PM, said:

i once saw Lionitus staggering drunk down the street after he came out of Billy Bob's

this is the sign over the door in BIG LETTERS      (and it's spelled correctly now      took 'em three tries)

ALL GUESTS MUST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR PERSONAL SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS WHILE AT BILLY BOB’S TEXAS

he sure didn't look like he had any extra gold to be handed out      but it's been a while, so...

edit:  BF... would you please please get this approved for us?     i support creative people!

ALL GUESTS MUST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR PERSONAL SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS WHILE AT BIL

You just made my DAY!!!!!

I will send this to him in an email!!!!!

By the way Lion is my next door neighbor.

and yes he has been to Billy Bob's, it just over the river and through the woods or was that grandma's house???  anyway it is over in Fort Worth a few miles down 121 or as it is known here in North Texas the Sam Rayburn Tollroad... ... ... yep just like in the North East even driving is not free anymore.

losttwo #5 Posted 29 March 2021 - 11:01 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13682 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
I will always choose Alice's Restaurant over Billy Bob's

Master_Cylinder #6 Posted 30 March 2021 - 09:48 AM

• 200 battles
  • [FK] FK

boy this is sad... nobody other than the three of us is interested in this

What a shame

losttwo #7 Posted 30 March 2021 - 10:03 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13682 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
Maybe we should get together and make some commercial video's

Corsair4790805 #8 Posted 30 March 2021 - 10:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3025 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostMaster_Cylinder, on 30 March 2021 - 01:48 AM, said:

boy this is sad... nobody other than the three of us is interested in this

What a shame

I think this is a great idea.  I can't contribute unless you want the graphical equivalent of stick figures, but it's still a great idea.

I really wish WG would engage players on these kinds of ideas.   It's really like free labor (or at least, cheap labor) and will help continue to move the game forward.

ItsSubmersible #9 Posted 30 March 2021 - 10:48 AM

• 7346 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostCorsair4790805, on 30 March 2021 - 05:18 AM, said:

I think this is a great idea.  I can't contribute unless you want the graphical equivalent of stick figures, but it's still a great idea.

I really wish WG would engage players on these kinds of ideas.   It's really like free labor (or at least, cheap labor) and will help continue to move the game forward.

Same here, but I would be willing to give it a go. What do you use to edit the maps? As long as it's software I have already I could give it a try. Any written guides yet on who,what,when,where to modify?

Master_Cylinder #10 Posted 30 March 2021 - 12:31 PM

• 200 battles
  • [FK] FK

I am an Adobe CS user and abuser but for this stuff I use Paint.net.  Just google it and download it is free.

I am getting with Trikke tomorrow morning and we sill discuss the rules of the contest.  

Then it is a matter of getting some prizes weather that be from Wargaming or any contributions or both.

gerr22 #11 Posted 30 March 2021 - 01:28 PM

• 8728 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
hell yeah i can give idea s and will participate for sure i am a regular at Trikke s SNL may even try to lure SSG into waking up

Lionitus #12 Posted 30 March 2021 - 11:27 PM

Senior Airman

• 16196 battles
  • [FK] FK
I tell you what, a guy goes to get a little eye surgery, and all the clowns pile on. Hardy Har Har! And by the way, Billy Bob's Rocks!!! Except for the mask [edited]. :P

trikke #13 Posted 31 March 2021 - 09:36 PM

Major

• 6810 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

Lion-breath!       missed ya, brother!       

quit running with sharp sticks, ya mangy cat!

Billy Bob's is so large, it has it's own zip code!            i may have just made that up... or not!        ya can't really know for sure, with Texas boys

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore     

#smarterpilotscanpostpics

Also tagged with maps, mods, contest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users