Mouse Control: follow a carrot on a stick ! no thx

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

DamDSx #121 Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postldavis04, on 25 September 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

First post here.  Just dl'ed the game a couple of days ago and tried to fly the tutorials and training missions.  Horrible flight controls. I was thinking about purchasing a cheap joystick in the hopes that it would correct the control issues, but after reading the problems other forum posters have had with the joystick controls, I've hung that idea up. I was hoping that the controls would be as intuitive as WoT. Oh well  Who really wants to fly 100+ battles to "get the hang of it"?..not me..so I will wait to see if the flight controls get corrected.  Until then....

This is a BETA. a BETA means there are problems. Bitching and moaning does not HELP the BETA stage, nor is what you were approved for.

Explain your experience and provide ideas. this is not WoT, bitching here is NOT WELCOME.

What is the problem with mouse? where is it lacking? CONTRIBUTE, dont BITCH.

Thank you.

While im at it, I want to add that in my short but valuable experience, it seems as if mouse movement is extremely predictable and slow for the enemy tailing you. I found it extremely difficult if not impossible to ditch a follower, in a few games I got so frustrated and annoyed that I ended up just driving into the ground to be done and over with it.

Am I the only one who feels that? mouse movement predictable and slow? Ive only managed to kill 1 plane, and I think it was because he was as clueless as I was

Edited by DamDSx, 05 October 2012 - 03:02 PM.

___TWIGGY___ #122 Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostDamDSx, on 05 October 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

This is a BETA. a BETA means there are problems. Bitching and moaning does not HELP the BETA stage, nor is what you were approved for.

Explain your experience and provide ideas. this is not WoT, bitching here is NOT WELCOME.

What is the problem with mouse? where is it lacking? CONTRIBUTE, dont BITCH.

Thank you.

You need to learn to read a thread before you post asinine remarks.  Pretty much every person has said the controls are too akward and clumsy to even test the game effectively. Something as simple and basic as the controls for a FLIGHT game, which is entirely based on said controls, should not be as bad as the controls are for this game even in the beta. And half of the people are providing suggestions, but you wouldn't know that since you obviously haven't read this thread.

DamDSx #123 Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostFislayer, on 05 October 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

You need to learn to read a thread before you post asinine remarks.  Pretty much every person has said the controls are too akward and clumsy to even test the game effectively. Something as simple and basic as the controls for a FLIGHT game, which is entirely based on said controls, should not be as bad as the controls are for this game even in the beta. And half of the people are providing suggestions, but you wouldn't know that since you obviously haven't read this thread.

The person I quoted did not offer any suggestion nor did he say why he thought the controls were not suitable for a flight game. You should be reading before posting, it seems, not I.

DarthShreddious #124 Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
agreed mouse controls frustrating same with keyboard ive played many flight games ...this one is great concept ..but not fun unflyable controls needs to be fixed ...also need to be able to lock main cam on target while user aircraft is centered in frame ...would greatly improve gameplay

DarthShreddious #125 Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
hours spent trying to use mouse..the plane rolls to much when trying to turn if we could ease back the roll by 50 % or have option to adjust roll rate this would greatly improve personal mouse control

Edited by DarthShreddious, 05 October 2012 - 05:49 PM.

Magisterex #126 Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
As I've posted earlier, this game has the worst control scheme for a dogfight game.

DarthShreddious #127 Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
an ideal mouse configuration .would be up down left right ...without roll ....using left and right mouse button for roll would give player greater flight control

Impromptu #128 Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I think that the current control system could work if the horizon stay level. When your Aeroplane pitches, this can severely affect your aiming and can be very hard to control. This can especially be seen when you are following another plane and they change direction. You therefore need to change direction and your whole screen spins almost 180 degrees, which is very disorientating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users