Tips on using Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, Warthog Throttle, & Joystick?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Guitarzan #1 Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:04 PM

Airman Basic

• 31 battles

Tips on using Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, Warthog Throttle & Joystick?

I have my new flight simulator rig ready to roll and am ready to return to WOWPs after many years of absence.

Does anyone have any tips or instructions on setting up the Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, Warthog Throttle & Joystick to work properly in WOWPs?

I couldn't find where I got into the lessons mode I saw once where you flew thru hoops or flew to a specified location to practice aircraft control.

So, I did the only thing I could find to test my new flight controls by entering Combat Battle mode.

I could not control my aircraft and it flew in a wide circle until shot down or crashed each time, I'm sure that thrilled my teammates.

Anyone with any experience or instructions on setting up Thrustmaster Rudder, Warthog Stick, and Throttle equipment for use in WOWPs?

Thanks in advance.

GeorgePatton #2 Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:21 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 2119 battles
  • [FK] FK

Gosh, it's been forever since I used a setup like that in WoWP. I know you have to go into the advanced settings and manually set up your control axis/deadzones/curves but I can't say much beyond that. Sadly, the support for joysticks does not really meet the standards of a basic flight game and I would highly recommend just using KB/M unless you really really want to use a joystick setup.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Captain_Rownd #3 Posted 16 March 2021 - 10:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4862 battles

If there isn't a canned profile for that particular HOTAS then you need to chose custom joystick profile and go through assigning everything and calibrating each axis.  

Favorites:

SPAD S.510 :: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: MiG-9 :: MiG-15 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: LaGG-3 (34) :: Me 329 

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 17 March 2021 - 01:49 AM

Colonel

• 49772 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS
Good luck!  I have been using a ThrustMaster Hotas for several months now and I am about ready to go back to a simpler, kinder Logitech.  I have never been able to get the throttle control set up right and the game dumps the joystick controls at the most inopportune times occasionally. 
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Guitarzan #5 Posted 27 March 2021 - 01:25 AM

Airman Basic

• 31 battles

Thanks for the responses.... I followed the suggestions and after several failed attempts, I was able to get all three working.

Advanced -> Custom Controls -> Manually set the Rudder, then Joystick, then Dual Throttle.

I seemed to help to do the TPR rudder pedals 1st, then the Joystick, and then, last the Dual Throttle.

Don't know why - but that seems to be the 'magic' sequence and now they work properly.

All other attempts, I got the Joystick and Throttle working properly, but the Rudder Pedals would not respond.

I got a nice response with screenshots from tech support showing how to create a training room with BOTS.   

So, I was actually able to test everything without affecting a team's battle chances with a player unable to control their aircraft.

I played my 1st few games in years today and actually had the flight controls working properly.    Whew Whooooo !!!  :)

Thanks again.

Edited by Guitarzan, 27 March 2021 - 01:28 AM.

CPO_Shrky #6 Posted 23 April 2021 - 07:35 PM

Senior Airman

• 1372 battles

View PostGuitarzan, on 27 March 2021 - 01:25 AM, said:

Thanks for the responses.... I followed the suggestions and after several failed attempts, I was able to get all three working.

Advanced -> Custom Controls -> Manually set the Rudder, then Joystick, then Dual Throttle.

I seemed to help to do the TPR rudder pedals 1st, then the Joystick, and then, last the Dual Throttle.

Don't know why - but that seems to be the 'magic' sequence and now they work properly.

All other attempts, I got the Joystick and Throttle working properly, but the Rudder Pedals would not respond.

I got a nice response with screenshots from tech support showing how to create a training room with BOTS.   

So, I was actually able to test everything without affecting a team's battle chances with a player unable to control their aircraft.

I played my 1st few games in years today and actually had the flight controls working properly.    Whew Whooooo !!!  :)

Thanks again.

Guitarzan,

Were you able to map the buttons on your jstick and throttle to functions in the game?

Thanks

Never run out of altitude, airspeed and ideas all at the same time.

comealong1 #7 Posted 24 April 2021 - 12:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15719 battles
  • [_EFF_] _EFF_
They are not supported unfortunately.. I have that joystick too.. The biggest problem is the pedals.. They just are not supported.. The joystick & throttle will work, but not the pedals.. Good luck trying to get any help from the support crew here.. WG dropped the ball with the support of this game long ago.. They can not see the potential of this game and never could.. Sorry to bring you the bad news.. Should have asked before you went out and bought the joystick & pedals.. Better luck on the next game.

Captain_Rownd #8 Posted 24 April 2021 - 10:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4862 battles

View Postcomealong1, on 24 April 2021 - 02:28 AM, said:

They are not supported unfortunately.. I have that joystick too.. The biggest problem is the pedals.. They just are not supported.. The joystick & throttle will work, but not the pedals.. .

So when you go into the axis configuration menus and do the dialog to set the yaw axis input it doesn't detect any input from the pedals as you move them?

Favorites:

SPAD S.510 :: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: MiG-9 :: MiG-15 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: LaGG-3 (34) :: Me 329 

LikeBrews #9 Posted 23 November 2022 - 12:11 AM

Airman Basic

• 185 battles
I am a newbie. I burned through my T16000M rZ twist rudder pot in 4 months and it is now trash. I bought T-Flight HOTAS 4 with the remote throttle. After installing the drivers before plugging in the stick/throttle combo as stronlgy suggested on the packaging of the joystick, I have no throttle in WoWP other than using W/S on the keyboard. All other buttons on both the stick and the remote throttle are working as expected and show when tested. I downloaded the Target software and also am using the HID Gaming Device page in Windows 11 and can clearly watch the Z throttle pot move when the throttle is moved on the HOTAS 4. Can anyone please suggest a correct set of drivers for WoWP to get throttle response, or a work around to give me same?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users