two sets of sights

specialized sights rockets

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Blaster_63 #1 Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:01 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3122 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I recently specialized my Lagg-3(4), and upgraded it with an improved gunsight.  Under the "outboard weapon", it gave me the option to add the rocket sight.  However, I can't seem to find a switch between the two during a game.  I tried using the bombsight switch (shift) but that didn't do anything.  What am I missing?  Apologies if it's something obvious and I just have missed it.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Corsair4790805 #2 Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:05 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2366 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostBlaster_63, on 16 March 2021 - 01:01 PM, said:

I recently specialized my Lagg-3(4), and upgraded it with an improved gunsight.  Under the "outboard weapon", it gave me the option to add the rocket sight.  However, I can't seem to find a switch between the two during a game.  I tried using the bombsight switch (shift) but that didn't do anything.  What am I missing?  Apologies if it's something obvious and I just have missed it.  Thanks in advance for your help!

It's not a separate sight in the game, at least as far as I know.   Just improves the effect of the outboard weapons.

Lose_dudes #3 Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:32 PM

• 1930 battles
  • [524] 524
Corsair is correct, you should be able to see the characteristics of the sight by clicking on it in the equipment page

China is genociding the desert. More information

Blaster_63 #4 Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:40 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3122 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Roger that.  Thanks for the help!  Most appreciated!

cheers

losttwo #5 Posted 16 March 2021 - 09:53 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13422 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

Be warned The rocket sight really is ineffective ( my opinion and experience )  for your average player that does not use rockets all the time,

I finally dismounted all mine and switched to aerodynamic pylons where applicable,

12_inch_Hawk #6 Posted 17 March 2021 - 02:33 PM

• 33807 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postlosttwo, on 16 March 2021 - 04:53 PM, said:

Be warned The rocket sight really is ineffective ( my opinion and experience )  for your average player that does not use rockets all the time,

I finally dismounted all mine and switched to aerodynamic pylons where applicable,

The key to that sentence is "for your average player that does not use rockets all the time".  If you are content with mediocrity and being average that is fine but if you want rocket kills the 8% accuracy bonus of the rocket sight helps a lot.  The lagg-3(4) is the best plane there is for low tier rocket kills. If you get a rocket mission like we just had for the Japanese girl it is nice having planes in your hangar that can get the job done at any tier.  

GeorgePatton #7 Posted 17 March 2021 - 02:43 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 2068 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View Post12_inch_Hawk, on 17 March 2021 - 09:33 AM, said:

The key to that sentence is "for your average player that does not use rockets all the time".  If you are content with mediocrity and being average that is fine but if you want rocket kills the 8% accuracy bonus of the rocket sight helps a lot.  The lagg-3(4) is the best plane there is for low tier rocket kills. If you get a rocket mission like we just had for the Japanese girl it is nice having planes in your hangar that can get the job done at any tier.  

Better yet, just play the Me.410 (tier 6) with WGr rockets (fire in head-to-head engagements at 1500m for area of effect kills), the Blohm und Voss multiroles with R4M rockets (tier 8 to 10), and the F-94 (tier 9) with the A2A rockets. Don't bother with the rocket site for any of those planes as it's completely irrelevant.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

trikke #8 Posted 17 March 2021 - 09:16 PM

Major

• 6454 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

View Post12_inch_Hawk, on 17 March 2021 - 10:33 AM, said:

funny thing...  i always believed that the rocket sight skill added proximity fuses       does it not now?      did it ever?       i'll never believe anything again

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore     

#smarterpilotscanpostpics

GeorgePatton #9 Posted 17 March 2021 - 09:46 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 2068 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View Posttrikke, on 17 March 2021 - 04:16 PM, said:

funny thing...  i always believed that the rocket sight skill added proximity fuses       does it not now?      did it ever?       i'll never believe anything again

As far as I'm aware it only makes the rockets have a higher chance of actually hitting. Somebody else may have more information than I do, but I was told it was a waste when it came out and I've literally never used it because of that.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

SkyWolf__WM #10 Posted 18 March 2021 - 01:09 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 18437 battles
  • [T_E_S] T_E_S

View Post12_inch_Hawk, on 17 March 2021 - 09:33 AM, said:

For me, 8% of zero is zero.  :amazed:

Cigarette-free since 1983!   :teethhappy:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Also tagged with specialized, sights, rockets

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users