Jump to content


That Special Teammate

fail

  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

qu33kKC #1 Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 15590 battles
  • 1,672
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017

Every so often, you just get a teammate that just generates head shaking, amazement and grief.  Earlier today, got the 2 Plant, 2 Forward Airfield (no center) map.  I'm in the German Tier IX GAA, the only other human in blue is in a Tier VIII Japanese fighter.  We could call him "Hans", but otherwise they shall remain nameless and their clan not mentioned either.  I'm on my third gun pass over the near Plant, and here's "Hans" shooting at flak bunkers.  Not the guns, the armored bunkers.  After I'd capped the Plant, a MR showed up, and "Hans" misses the shot, so I blap the bot and head off for the far plant.

 

To no great surprise, its a crushing defeat, with my sole human teammate getting 2 air kills, 2/3 of their damage done to ground targets with nothing to show for it and barely broke 2K.

 

Just remember, folks, next game, this individual could be on YOUR team!  :facepalm:  Best of luck up there!  :D



Corsair4790805 #2 Posted 04 March 2021 - 07:03 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2366 battles
  • 963
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View Postqu33kKC, on 04 March 2021 - 10:51 AM, said:

Every so often, you just get a teammate that just generates head shaking, amazement and grief.  Earlier today, got the 2 Plant, 2 Forward Airfield (no center) map.  I'm in the German Tier IX GAA, the only other human in blue is in a Tier VIII Japanese fighter.  We could call him "Hans", but otherwise they shall remain nameless and their clan not mentioned either.  I'm on my third gun pass over the near Plant, and here's "Hans" shooting at flak bunkers.  Not the guns, the armored bunkers.  After I'd capped the Plant, a MR showed up, and "Hans" misses the shot, so I blap the bot and head off for the far plant.

 

To no great surprise, its a crushing defeat, with my sole human teammate getting 2 air kills, 2/3 of their damage done to ground targets with nothing to show for it and barely broke 2K.

 

Just remember, folks, next game, this individual could be on YOUR team!  :facepalm:  Best of luck up there!  :D

 

I've had players like that on my team - but at Tier VIII I would expect them to know better (unless they rushed up the tiers).   I see a lot of....less than optimum playing by players at Tier V, where I mostly hang out (and I've contributed more than my fair share of suboptimal playing), but more often than not they have less than 100 battles (one recently had only 10).

 

On the other hand, it's perplexing to me when a 10K+ player does really bad in a battle, but maybe it was a one-off or they had connectivity issues.

 

 



losttwo #3 Posted 04 March 2021 - 08:02 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 13347 battles
  • 16,258
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View Postqu33kKC, on 04 March 2021 - 01:51 PM, said:

Every so often, you just get a teammate that just generates head shaking, amazement and grief.  Earlier today, got the 2 Plant, 2 Forward Airfield (no center) map.  I'm in the German Tier IX GAA, the only other human in blue is in a Tier VIII Japanese fighter.  We could call him "Hans", but otherwise they shall remain nameless and their clan not mentioned either.  I'm on my third gun pass over the near Plant, and here's "Hans" shooting at flak bunkers.  Not the guns, the armored bunkers.  After I'd capped the Plant, a MR showed up, and "Hans" misses the shot, so I blap the bot and head off for the far plant.

 

To no great surprise, its a crushing defeat, with my sole human teammate getting 2 air kills, 2/3 of their damage done to ground targets with nothing to show for it and barely broke 2K.

 

Just remember, folks, next game, this individual could be on YOUR team!  :facepalm:  Best of luck up there!  :D

 

Wait a minute, back up and rewind. 

You were on your third gun pass in a GA at the mining plant. 

That is what cost you the match. 

Your sub optimal performance. 

You should have had the center destroyed by the second pass and captured the sector.

 

Then he would not have been wasting his time trying to help you capture it. 

 



Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 04 March 2021 - 08:25 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 41375 battles
  • 6,837
  • [94APS] 94APS
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View Postqu33kKC, on 04 March 2021 - 01:51 PM, said:

Every so often, you just get a teammate that just generates head shaking, amazement and grief.  Earlier today, got the 2 Plant, 2 Forward Airfield (no center) map.  I'm in the German Tier IX GAA, the only other human in blue is in a Tier VIII Japanese fighter.  We could call him "Hans", but otherwise they shall remain nameless and their clan not mentioned either.  I'm on my third gun pass over the near Plant, and here's "Hans" shooting at flak bunkers.  Not the guns, the armored bunkers.  After I'd capped the Plant, a MR showed up, and "Hans" misses the shot, so I blap the bot and head off for the far plant.

 

To no great surprise, its a crushing defeat, with my sole human teammate getting 2 air kills, 2/3 of their damage done to ground targets with nothing to show for it and barely broke 2K.

 

Just remember, folks, next game, this individual could be on YOUR team!  :facepalm:  Best of luck up there!  :D

At Tier IX I have zero patience with these guys.  I am afraid I am often rude to them but someone needs to pull their head out and smell the coffee!


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

qu33kKC #5 Posted 04 March 2021 - 08:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 15590 battles
  • 1,672
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017
losttwo, I was a hair slow on the first bomb and left the first part of the BIG PLANT STRUCTURE intact.  Going in full bore in an attempt to one-pass cap, but alas.  Still, big difference between not executing the right play completely, and making the completely wrong play.  At Tier VIII, folks should know better by then.  *shruggy*

WhoaBlackBetty #6 Posted 04 March 2021 - 08:52 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 6562 battles
  • 3,658
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
  • Member since:
    07-27-2014
Nevermiiiiind.

Edited by WhoaBlackBetty, 04 March 2021 - 08:52 PM.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!
J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by (guess who). View it anyway?

                                                                                                                     

       


farquare #7 Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:39 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21267 battles
  • 69
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 04 March 2021 - 08:02 PM, said:

 

Wait a minute, back up and rewind. 

You were on your third gun pass in a GA at the mining plant. 

That is what cost you the match. 

Your sub optimal performance. 

You should have had the center destroyed by the second pass and captured the sector.

 

Then he would not have been wasting his time trying to help you capture it. 

 

Yo bud, center should be first (80CP) with 4 rockets and the guns then two medium sections each with one bomb 160 CPs total in one pass and flipped!!!!

 

doesnt happen that way every time but most of the time

 

 



CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:51 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 6168 battles
  • 7,301
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postfarquare, on 04 March 2021 - 09:39 PM, said:

Yo bud, center should be first (80CP) with 4 rockets and the guns then two medium sections each with one bomb 160 CPs total in one pass and flipped!!!!

 

doesnt happen that way every time but most of the time

 

 

I'm pretty sure none of the German GAA have rockets.

 

You have to get your bombs just right, or you won't get the job done in a German GAA.  Those big guns are great, but they take a while to kill armored ground targets.

 

Slightly less with P2W HEAP.



Captain_Rownd #9 Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:54 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4803 battles
  • 2,539
  • Member since:
    09-28-2015

View Postlosttwo, on 04 March 2021 - 10:02 AM, said:

 

Wait a minute, back up and rewind. 

You were on your third gun pass in a GA at the mining plant. 

That is what cost you the match. 

Your sub optimal performance. 

You should have had the center destroyed by the second pass and captured the sector.

 

Then he would not have been wasting his time trying to help you capture it. 

 

 

You are not accounting for having to counter the enemy's capture progress, which with high Tier bombers will come in big chunks and often right out from under your nose.  

 

In a GA I never try to do the center plant myself, because the most likely outcome is that I won't get all the sections and that just helps enemy bombers take it.  If there aren't any enemy GA to shoot down I'll go for the medium targets I think I can finish in a couple passes.  Ideally the bombers will fail to finish the center off, at which time I can finish it.  

 

 


Favorites:

SPAD S.510 :: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: MiG-9 :: MiG-15 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: LaGG-3 (34) :: Me 329 


cobra_marksman #10 Posted 04 March 2021 - 10:42 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12697 battles
  • 710
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-28-2014

Ok base on your conversation, you were at ( your closest ) Mining plant, and an  Tier VIII Japanese fighter shows up. :B

What is a fighter doing at a mining plant ? there are no fighters, just AA and big targets, which he can't help with.

He's to lightly armored to take down a bomber and / or a Ga, without taking a beating himself. 

So if he were to get shot down in that mining plant area, it would turn back what you already have accomplished.

He will hurt you more then help you at the mining plant.

Next time request in chat, " can you plz. take one of the Airbases " .:great:

Some players are looking for direction in the game and there is probably a good chance that he might have went had you recommended it.

Remember >>> your not telling him what to do, just recommending that their just might be some better targets:playing: for him at the Airbase.:medal:

 


Edited by cobra_marksman, 04 March 2021 - 10:42 PM.


SpiritFoxMY #11 Posted 05 March 2021 - 01:14 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 7438 battles
  • 3,704
  • [CWM] CWM
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

Some players are looking for direction, most are just idiots. I've never had a player respond to my requests. Usually it's just silence. Sometimes they insult me.

 

I have a video of a guy in a B-32 who spent the entire match trying to capture an airfield in mid and completely ignoring my increasingly frustrated requests to please go cap one of two Mining Plants.

 

Now to be fair, while I have never had a non-flighted teammate respond to my requests, I have had a guy ask for directions on what to do. Which was a pleasant surprise 


Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 05 March 2021 - 01:16 AM.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 05 March 2021 - 01:25 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 6168 battles
  • 7,301
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 05 March 2021 - 01:14 AM, said:

Some players are looking for direction, most are just idiots. I've never had a player respond to my requests. Usually it's just silence. Sometimes they insult me.

 

I have a video of a guy in a B-32 who spent the entire match trying to capture an airfield in mid and completely ignoring my increasingly frustrated requests to please go cap one of two Mining Plants.

 

Now to be fair, while I have never had a non-flighted teammate respond to my requests, I have had a guy ask for directions on what to do. Which was a pleasant surprise 

You have never flown with me.

 

I routinely ask people I recognize how I can help.  Even people I don't recognize, if they are in a bomber or GAA, I will try and cover them.

 

Which leads to me covering potatoes, but still...



Viper_7242NC #13 Posted 05 March 2021 - 01:34 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 17913 battles
  • 1,193
  • [VIPR3] VIPR3
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012
Sometimes, the mission first. I had a player ask what the hell I was doing in tier X. I was only human blue, he only human red. I didn't care about win, I needed points. We were both in IL-40P. He started chasing me, I'm not making points running. I lawndart. He chases again and rams, I don't turn. I just needed to respawn. There are circumstances. I try not to do it with a human on my team but sometimes mission first ( tokens or crates ).
 
So say we all.

Viper_7242NC #14 Posted 05 March 2021 - 01:35 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 17913 battles
  • 1,193
  • [VIPR3] VIPR3
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012
stupid auto-loaded content

Edited by Viper_7242NC, 05 March 2021 - 01:35 AM.

 
So say we all.

Captain_Underpants53 #15 Posted 05 March 2021 - 01:54 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 41375 battles
  • 6,837
  • [94APS] 94APS
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
I have found over the years that if I play to win, tokens and such will come to me.  I don't have to chase them.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

The_real_Gouldy #16 Posted 05 March 2021 - 04:15 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 192
  • Member since:
    01-30-2020

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 04 March 2021 - 08:54 PM, said:

I have found over the years that if I play to win, tokens and such will come to me.  I don't have to chase them.

 

Imagine playing a video game where the better you perform the more you win thus the more you are rewarded.



Captain_Underpants53 #17 Posted 05 March 2021 - 06:01 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 41375 battles
  • 6,837
  • [94APS] 94APS
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
I don't have to imagine it.  I'm playing it.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Master_Cylinder #18 Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:03 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 200 battles
  • 445
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    06-09-2015

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 04 March 2021 - 09:51 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure none of the German GAA have rockets.

 

You have to get your bombs just right, or you won't get the job done in a German GAA.  Those big guns are great, but they take a while to kill armored ground targets.

 

Slightly less with P2W HEAP.

that is why I use the IL40P with Mirna and not the German GAs.  Yes slower but easier to flip sectors!!!!

 



qu33kKC #19 Posted 05 March 2021 - 12:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 15590 battles
  • 1,672
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 04 March 2021 - 09:51 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure none of the German GAA have rockets.

 

You have to get your bombs just right, or you won't get the job done in a German GAA.  Those big guns are great, but they take a while to kill armored ground targets.

 

 

This.  Also a second on CorvusCorvax's latter comment regarding communication.  I've often asked human ground-pounders where they are headed, and base my actions accordingly.  Sometimes I even get a response.  :teethhappy:   (for example, if there's a B-32 driver in blue, me going to a Plant in a GAA is duplication of effort, I'm better off going elsewhere.)



losttwo #20 Posted 05 March 2021 - 02:52 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 13347 battles
  • 16,258
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostViper_7242NC, on 04 March 2021 - 08:34 PM, said:

Sometimes, the mission first. I had a player ask what the hell I was doing in tier X. I was only human blue, he only human red. I didn't care about win, I needed points. We were both in IL-40P. He started chasing me, I'm not making points running. I lawndart. He chases again and rams, I don't turn. I just needed to respawn. There are circumstances. I try not to do it with a human on my team but sometimes mission first ( tokens or crates ).

 

I certainly understand this. 

Sometimes being more concerned about the win is just a pain. 

You play so many games and get to the point of boredom and the missions are taking too long to finish. 

All you want to do is just get it done and move on to the next day and mission reset. 

Like 200 AA guns

Like 10 ground target in a single sortie. 

Defending airfeild

and the list goes on. 

 

Don't get me wrong. I am all for winning and prefer playing to win 

but sometimes you just got to finish the darn mission and move on. 

 

 

 

 







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users