Do you think development will restart?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Steeler_Nation_USA #1 Posted 02 March 2021 - 01:34 PM

Senior Airman

• 560 battles
Looks like the just added Steel Crates. Must of had a large/huge/significant amount of cash last year with Covid. Anyone hear them talking or on redditdiscord?

Lose_dudes #2 Posted 02 March 2021 - 02:15 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1814 battles
  • [524] 524
Yeah. We've had 4 patches since 2.1.2 in november
Destroyers? In my day, we only had torpedo boats!

GeorgePatton #3 Posted 02 March 2021 - 03:53 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1827 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

Seems like they're throwing a couple scraps at us here in WoWP. Until I see some serious discussion about adding the rest of the US bombers I'm going to say they're not really serious about putting WoWP back on a regular development cycle.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Zombie_Snuggles #4 Posted 02 March 2021 - 05:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• 828 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostSteeler_Nation_USA, on 02 March 2021 - 01:34 PM, said:

Looks like the just added Steel Crates. Must of had a large/huge/significant amount of cash last year with Covid. Anyone hear them talking or on redditdiscord?

That would be great however I’d settle for just getting the bugs out that are affecting stability. I get kicked or have black screen or ridiculous lag way to often.

Lose_dudes #5 Posted 02 March 2021 - 05:49 PM

• 1814 battles
  • [524] 524

View PostZombie_Snuggles, on 02 March 2021 - 05:12 PM, said:

That would be great however I’d settle for just getting the bugs out that are affecting stability. I get kicked or have black screen or ridiculous lag way to often.

? Maybe server area? almost never happens to me in Houston

Corsair4790805 #6 Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1785 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Perhaps....maybe.....WG is testing the waters, so to speak?

As I understand it, there was significant work done on WoT over the last couple(?) years, and they pulled resources from other teams to do this.  I don't play WoT (Well, I've played a few times and every battle is move forward, contact, shoot, boom! I'm dead).

I also read somewhere that the original dev team moved on and the current dev team is not that familiar with the code.   So maybe there using these minor updates as a way to a) gain familiarity with the code base and b) test the reception from the player base?

Granted, a lot of the recent stuff may be sort of plug-and-play, with the existing code base set up to allow these new items (like the pilots) with a minimal amount of coding required.

But three updates in the last 4 or 5 months after nothing for a year or two gives me cause for some hope.

Lose_dudes #7 Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:45 PM

• 1814 battles
  • [524] 524

View PostCorsair4790805, on 02 March 2021 - 06:06 PM, said:

Perhaps....maybe.....WG is testing the waters, so to speak?

As I understand it, there was significant work done on WoT over the last couple(?) years, and they pulled resources from other teams to do this.  I don't play WoT (Well, I've played a few times and every battle is move forward, contact, shoot, boom! I'm dead).

I also read somewhere that the original dev team moved on and the current dev team is not that familiar with the code.   So maybe there using these minor updates as a way to a) gain familiarity with the code base and b) test the reception from the player base?

Granted, a lot of the recent stuff may be sort of plug-and-play, with the existing code base set up to allow these new items (like the pilots) with a minimal amount of coding required.

But three updates in the last 4 or 5 months after nothing for a year or two gives me cause for some hope.

So true. WOT requires less skill that wowp, they are as bad as the arty they prosecute: click shoot boom and they whine a lot too

Jaguardian #8 Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 528 battles

View PostLose_dudes, on 02 March 2021 - 08:15 AM, said:

Yeah. We've had 4 patches since 2.1.2 in november

WG calls them patches and maybe technically they are.  To me they are just events and not patches/updates.  Getting a new pilot with a special skill is development, but it is so minor that it doesn't matter, at least to me.  They mentioned things in the far distant past that they said were being developed and those things have never made it into the game.  Does WG even have the ability to put out a major update for this game anymore?  I do appreciate them doing the little that they have recently, but have my expectations been lowered soooo much that these minor things now seem special?

Deltavee #9 Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:41 PM

• 4477 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

I read somewhere else in some comments that WoWP runs off of WoT servers.  I stand to be corrected.  Maybe blindfold could fill us in on that.

It would be good to have our own dedicated servers, mmm?

:teethhappy:

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

losttwo #10 Posted 03 March 2021 - 01:21 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 11600 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

When did development STOP. 

Sure it is not going at the pace your expect. 

They are not developing NEW things like you expect them to do. 

OR they are not fixing your particular bug.

What about McDonalds when was the last time they developed something new.

Anyway and regardless. From Closed Alpha to present day they are still doing something

that you can call development.

Just not like building a house in 4 months and moving in. 

Steeler_Nation_USA #11 Posted 03 March 2021 - 01:26 AM

Senior Airman

• 560 battles

When did development STOP. 

Sure it is not going at the pace your expect. 

They are not developing NEW things like you expect them to do. 

OR they are not fixing your particular bug.

>snip

Well it's called developing your game. If they say no new development ever, Prem Planes. TT, Maps, fine. Be nice to know. I like the game it is low key casual and fun. Very Surprised with only WT to compete with they

haven't put some Covid Money in it to a larger extent. 

I have no idea why you would compare McDonalds to WG... Lol but whatever.. 

Edited by Steeler_Nation_USA, 03 March 2021 - 01:31 AM.

SpiritFoxMY #12 Posted 03 March 2021 - 01:42 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6551 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

They stopped development in 2019 and probably only resumed in September 2020. If you look at the content release, they stopped doing full in-game events in August 2019 and released three new premiums in 14 months, two of which had been under development since 2018. For that full 14 months, all "Leaderboards" were run by the community team with no in-game support to even tell you if you'd hit your goal.

It's only with the release of the F5F in November that we actually started seeing the fruits of new development again and now with proper in-game Leaderboards, new pilots and equipment. Still no bug fixes though. ADE is coming up to its second anniversary of being broken. 

My theory is that they're using World of Warplanes as a training ground for new World of Tanks and World of Warships developers so everytime a bunch of people leave the main teams of the other two titles or get shuffled into other projects, Warplanes development grinds to a halt

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 03 March 2021 - 01:43 AM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Steeler_Nation_USA #13 Posted 03 March 2021 - 02:41 AM

Senior Airman

• 560 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 03 March 2021 - 01:42 AM, said:

They stopped development in 2019 and probably only resumed in September 2020. If you look at the content release, they stopped doing full in-game events in August 2019 and released three new premiums in 14 months, two of which had been under development since 2018. For that full 14 months, all "Leaderboards" were run by the community team with no in-game support to even tell you if you'd hit your goal.

It's only with the release of the F5F in November that we actually started seeing the fruits of new development again and now with proper in-game Leaderboards, new pilots and equipment. Still no bug fixes though. ADE is coming up to its second anniversary of being broken. 

My theory is that they're using World of Warplanes as a training ground for new World of Tanks and World of Warships developers so everytime a bunch of people leave the main teams of the other two titles or get shuffled into other projects, Warplanes development grinds to a halt

Thanks for the background. This helps. Fingers crossed this accelerates. 

Buddha_13 #14 Posted 03 March 2021 - 04:01 AM

Senior Airman

• 2062 battles

View PostGeorgePatton, on 02 March 2021 - 07:53 AM, said:

Seems like they're throwing a couple scraps at us here in WoWP. Until I see some serious discussion about adding the rest of the US bombers I'm going to say they're not really serious about putting WoWP back on a regular development cycle.

Cheers!
Glenn

Yes, since Thanksgiving WoWP does have more specials, but mostly for points to earn equipment, decals, premium plane offers, etc.

Would be nice to see some new maps, dawn breaks or sunset evenings, different sectors like command bases, airfields, garrisons, etc.

WhoaBlackBetty #15 Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:45 AM

Captain

• 4941 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
WG, Star Citizen gives more hope.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!
J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by (guess who). View it anyway?

hoom #16 Posted 06 March 2021 - 02:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13456 battles

Block Quote

I think something similar.

I was siding with like one new guy (or at most a handful) assigned, started off familiarising themself with the game doing some simple stuff like finishing off some near complete Prems, couple of specials, reworked crates now we have new slightly tweaked equipment & special pilots

They're getting more adventurous, maybe we start seeing some balance tweaks in a bit?

But the sort of stuff they're doing doesn't seem like they have anyone able to do Engine level bug fixes or not ready to be putting them out to public at least.

I really would like to get my Hurricane I/Ia canopy glass back at some point.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

losttwo #17 Posted 06 March 2021 - 03:32 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 11600 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Posthoom, on 05 March 2021 - 09:22 PM, said:

I really would like to get my Hurricane I/Ia canopy glass back at some point.

Switch to Liberty Mutual and you can get it for free. 

Winch is better than saving 15% with Geico 

or having every bodies hands in it at All State.

Never trust State Farm. You will never see your plane again. 

They will stick in in their " Yes we have seen that " museum as a display. 

Wrongway_Conway #18 Posted 07 March 2021 - 09:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• 10 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 06 March 2021 - 03:32 AM, said:

Switch to Liberty Mutual and you can get it for free. 

Winch is better than saving 15% with Geico 

or having every bodies hands in it at All State.

Never trust State Farm. You will never see your plane again. 

They will stick in in their " Yes we have seen that " museum as a display. 

LOL? You forget to say that Progressive players are the best to have on your team. Or that The General isn't good at strategy.

You've got to grind, grind, grind...

MARS_REVENANT #19 Posted 07 March 2021 - 10:26 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5783 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

I hear Clam Warz is coming soon.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Deltavee #20 Posted 07 March 2021 - 11:12 PM

• 4477 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 07 March 2021 - 05:26 PM, said:

I hear Clam Warz is coming soon.

No prob. we've been shovelling for years....:D

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars