Mass Confushion in the game, on a New Larger Scale

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

cobra_marksman #1 Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:33 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11706 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

The game was based & built on some basic and simple rules.
To be awarded any kind of " Field Drops "(materials ) or " mission completions "  you must.....Win the Round .:medal:

We just had ( last 4 days ) everyone chasing bombers & attack planes,( req. 15 kills ) :facepalm: along with other players camping out at capped airbases to complete the ( req. 40 fighters kill ) 

So for the next 2 to 4 weeks we are now going to have most players chasing the golden pilots missions and ignoring everything else in the game.

Now don't get me wrong, we all like getting free stuff including golden pilots, but tying these events to the basic game causes way to much frustration to some of the basic game players.

Some players are either not interested in those ( required pilot missions ) or the time ( needed & required ) to complete the 20 multi. missions,( more like over 100 missions ) are just to time costly to accomplish.

So for those pliots who come on to play the basic game..:playing:.it's been trashed:angry:by these events.

So now on wowp,..:B..we are all heading in different directions to accomplish different missions, with different end results.

Do i have an answer to all this...Nope.... maybe you have 1.

<<<<< ( maybe ignore the basic game...and play the time consuming events )>>>>>>

Edited by cobra_marksman, 24 February 2021 - 09:42 PM.

WhoaBlackBetty #2 Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:37 PM

Captain

• 4943 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
I have an answer. It's FUN!  Added ability requirements and having goals to reach and stuff to earn are part of any game I have played that was fun.  Events change things up, make you think differently, react differently, breaks the monotony. 

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!
J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by (guess who). View it anyway?

trikke #3 Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:41 PM

Major

• 5393 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

nope, no ideas        everyone is inherently selfish, it's just a fact        yep, everyone

until the game gives us some kind of tangible award for working as a team,  nope     not gunna happen 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

LeastWeasel #4 Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4156 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Fun. And variation. Aaaaand a metagame layered overtop of the usual. 100% I am picking my ride each battle based on:
1) what mission do I have
2) what daily
3) people are bomber-kill crazy right now and more prone to tunnel vision
4) How do the answers fron categories 1-3 shape my path to an overall victory for that match?

It's an interesting chinscratcher.

Lose_dudes #5 Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:43 PM

• 1814 battles
  • [524] 524

View Postcobra_marksman, on 24 February 2021 - 09:33 PM, said:

To be awarded any kind of " Field Drops "(materials ) or " mission completions "  you must.....Win the Round .:medal:

We just had ( last 4 days ) everyone chasing bombers & attack planes,( req. 15 kills ) :facepalm: along with other players camping out at capped airbases to complete the ( req. 40 fighters kill ) 

So for the next 2 to 4 weeks we are now going to have most players chasing the golden pilots missions and ignoring everything else in the game.

Now don't get me wrong, we all like getting free stuff including golden pilots, but tying these events to the basic game causes way to much frustration to some of the basic game players.

Some players are either not interested in those ( required pilot missions ) or the time ( needed & required ) to complete the 20 multi. missions,( more like over 100 missions ) are just to time costly to accomplish.

So for those pliots who come on to play the basic game..:playing:.it's been trashed:angry:by these events.

So now on wowp,..:B..we are all heading in different directions to accomplish different missions, with different end results.

<<<<< ( maybe ignore the basic game...and play the time consuming events )>>>>>>

Honestly, I don't really play wowp a lot these days, the events keep me in.

Destroyers? In my day, we only had torpedo boats!

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:54 PM

Major

• 36996 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View Posttrikke, on 24 February 2021 - 04:41 PM, said:

nope, no ideas        everyone is inherently selfish, it's just a fact        yep, everyone

until the game gives us some kind of tangible award for working as a team,  nope     not gunna happen 

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #7 Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:04 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 11615 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Again you are more focused on how others are playing the game rather than how you are playing the game. 

Stay out of their game and play yours. 

I have been doing the missions for the " golden pilots " as you call them as well as the daily and " other " missions. 

I certainly have not had a problem winning matches. 

In fact I have actually been on a winning streak and have risen to a 59.79% win rate.

In fact you can look at my player profile page , click on profile feed and see a history of how my win rate has risen, 

I have flown most of the past week in the La-5 ( 100 battles ) and a few in the A6M5 ( to specialize ) 

Recently dropped down to tier 4 for a few battles in Russian planes for dailies and trying to get a Khozedub. 

I know you are a better pilot than me and can carry at a drop of a dime so quit your bitchen. 

ItsSubmersible #8 Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1509 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
It IS funny. I was practicing in the DO17 yesterday. Only bomber on our team. Pretty much the ENTIRE human part of the red team came out gunning for me. I went in to the stratosphere and away from the caps, they followed. Easy win for us.

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:31 AM

Major

• 36996 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View Postcobra_marksman, on 24 February 2021 - 04:33 PM, said:

That might be why I am seeing just about everybody in a light fighter tonight.  Just had three 5 vs 5 battles and it ain't even the weekend.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:32 AM

Major

• 36996 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostItsSubmersible, on 24 February 2021 - 05:07 PM, said:

It IS funny. I was practicing in the DO17 yesterday. Only bomber on our team. Pretty much the ENTIRE human part of the red team came out gunning for me. I went in to the stratosphere and away from the caps, they followed. Easy win for us.

I can relate.

:)

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Wrongway_Conway #11 Posted 25 February 2021 - 03:03 AM

Master Sergeant

• 10 battles

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 24 February 2021 - 09:37 PM, said:

I have an answer. It's FUN!  Added ability requirements and having goals to reach and stuff to earn are part of any game I have played that was fun.  Events change things up, make you think differently, react differently, breaks the monotony. 

Agreed +1. Having these multi-part missions to fly is a great addition to the normal daily grind. For me, after nearly 5000 flights over 1 year the basic game is, well, getting stale and boring so having new goals to chase after is great to reduce boredom of the same old everyday objectives (grinding xp and silver, completing 1, 4, and 10 token dailies).

Ok, so that means many players are now grinding a specific part of the mission (right now for the 2 unique pilots) and thus are flying specific planes for specific goals and not necessarily playing the map to maximize the chance to win the battle. To that I say "so what?". Most of the time that's all there is (no special missions at all) which makes WoWP boring and of little interest in playing. But with the 3 day mini-mission events (Friday through Sunday) and now the multi-week multi-part missions the change from the everyday ordinary is most welcome. I hope Wg will have these multi-part missions every month. If Wg keeps it up I will break my "I won't be spending a dime until the balance is better" rule and buy a premium or 2 soon. Keep up the great work to add the much needed variety Wg. :great: 

Edited by Wrongway_Conway, 25 February 2021 - 03:05 AM.

You've got to grind, grind, grind...

Four_Leaf_Tayback #12 Posted 25 February 2021 - 03:33 AM

• 352 battles
I would sell out my whole team time and time again for moar Tokenz!
Saving my last two forum warnings since July 31, 2019.  

CorvusCorvax #13 Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:02 AM

Major

• 5298 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 25 February 2021 - 03:33 AM, said:

I would sell out my whole team time and time again for moar Tokenz!

+1 for the hard truth.

I have been having fun on the "kill bombers and GAA for crates" thing, as a HF pilot, that kind of play is just natural.  And since winning or losing is generally not of concern, if I get my crate, I win!

cobra, my brother, if I ever get on your team, I'll work with you for the win, but I won't give up what I am doing just so *you* get what you need.

losttwo #14 Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:36 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 11615 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Can any one name 1 mission that does not benefit team play and promote the win. 

WG has designed every mission towards the benefit of the team. 

Face it. Destroy 5 Heavy Fighters in a single game. 

That mission protects the bombers and GA to allow them to bomb and cap sectors. 

What an easy win that was. 

Name a mission, go ahead.

qu33kKC #15 Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12949 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 24 February 2021 - 09:37 PM, said:

This.  Having as many humans in heavies as we did, made for some tougher games, and some epic tussles. 

qu33kKC #16 Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12949 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 25 February 2021 - 09:36 AM, said:

Face it. Destroy 5 Heavy Fighters in a single game. 

That mission protects the bombers and GA to allow them to bomb and cap sectors. 

What an easy win that was. 

Defense kills over airfields.   We all have seen the Skillfire with 20K points in the center airfield losing to a team that actually caps the rest of the map. Reinforcing this behavior does NOT help the team win.

losttwo #17 Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:00 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 11615 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postqu33kKC, on 25 February 2021 - 08:11 AM, said:

Defense kills over airfields.   We all have seen the Skillfire with 20K points in the center airfield losing to a team that actually caps the rest of the map. Reinforcing this behavior does NOT help the team win.

A player needs to learn to read the map, radar and gain some experience with awareness. 

I have won plenty of matches defending the airfield and never leaving it. 

I have also still accomplished the mission over several game play's leaving the airfield

to cap other sectors. 

Without flying a Spitfire. 

I also never stated they are instant guaranteed wins only that " Can any one name 1 mission that does not benefit team play and promote the win "

I have also been in matches where a player stays at the airfield defending it while I run around capping other sectors. 

It is all about awareness and reading the match. 

cobra_marksman #18 Posted 25 February 2021 - 03:30 PM

• 11706 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postlosttwo, on 25 February 2021 - 04:36 AM, said:

I also never stated they are instant guaranteed wins only that " Can any one name 1 mission that does not benefit team play and promote the win "

Yea i can, and i'll give you an example and a mission.

1. Mission...15 bombers and / or attack planes.

2. 5 vs 5- ..( 5 base map ) 4- spec.my side ( great ) :great:..his 1 spec.  ( not so great:angry: 

3. Both side had a balanced mix of different type of planes.

Battles starts out even,.... then they start capping  bases, & capping more ...and capping more.:amazed:

It seems like no one on my team is capping any bases. :hiding:

The round ends and it 800 to " 0 "

In case you miss it ...:facepalm:... that was   " 0 ".

ps.  you know where to hang out to find bombers & attack planes..... ( over your capped base ) 

Again don't get me wrong, and i'm not bitchen....

Players on our Teamspeak were frustrated & complaining about the flow of the game, ( they really were not interested in chasing the golden carrot ).

Players who are grinding and playing the basic game, completing daily missions, >> field drops and trying to improve their win / Loss record..... for them >>>> this has to really has to suck and is very frustrating.

Suggestion : >>>>  They created training rooms for players to train in, so why not create a Mission event room for events that tend to go sideway from the basic game. :medal:

Edited by cobra_marksman, 25 February 2021 - 06:16 PM.

CorvusCorvax #19 Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:00 PM

Major

• 5298 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postcobra_marksman, on 25 February 2021 - 03:30 PM, said:

Suggestion : >>>>  They created training rooms for players to train in, so why not create a Mission event room for events that tend to go sideway from the basic game. :medal:

For the same reason they will never do PvP selectable battles.  It dilutes an already-small player pool.  The want MORE humans in each battle, not fewer.  Of course, you could attach the win condition to everything.  But then you dilute the player base, because folks who are not consistent winners will just drop out and not play the game.  Or they will start just playing meme planes, which doesn't encourage them to grind up trees, and then WG doesn't make as much money.

It's all about the rubles, friend.

cobra_marksman #20 Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:53 PM

• 11706 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postlosttwo, on 25 February 2021 - 04:36 AM, said:

Sure ...Part 3 -( golden pilot carrot ) - Destroy 75 enemy aircrafts when DEFENDING  any sector in any numbers of battles.

So, to break this down, you have half of your team flying over a capped base, and only defending that (1 ) base, .:kamikaze:

Now considering 5 kills per battle we have 15 battles with players hanging out over ( mostly ) the  >>> Airbase

Now that does answer your " Can any one name 1 mission that does not benefit team play and promote the win." :coin:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users