Loss to a LF capping a Mining Plant

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

_Panzerkunst_ #1 Posted 21 February 2021 - 05:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8093 battles

Rommel, why did you leave your Military Base to attack our Mining Plant? 

Also, why did you stay and flip it? Apart from picking off the slow GA trying to leave our Plant, what other aircraft did you think you'd be able to destroy there? 

"If You Want Peace, Prepare For War."

Commodore_Sailracer #2 Posted 21 February 2021 - 01:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9790 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Interesting battle- thanks for sharing!  Did you add the narration after the fact?  I'd have been yelling and cursing out my team the whole time and any narration during the battle would not have been publicly publishable :D

On that map I have never had luck trying to rush the far MB, either in a fast fighter or fast bomber, and always focus on taking the near one first (unless I trust my team to take it which is rare [sigh]) and then head for the second MB.  I send a bot to the near one at the beginning as well hoping a bomber or GAA responds to finish flipping it after the two ADAs are taken out.  The sooner you get those missiles going to a mining plant, the better.

qu33kKC #3 Posted 21 February 2021 - 01:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12574 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
There is something about that map.  The southern Military Base, the blue bots just will NOT cap it.   If a human doesn't go over there and do something, red heavies will blitz in and flip it every time.  I've had some very frustrating games on that map due to this.

Commodore_Sailracer #4 Posted 21 February 2021 - 02:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9790 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View Postqu33kKC, on 21 February 2021 - 08:41 AM, said:

There is something about that map.  The southern Military Base, the blue bots just will NOT cap it.   If a human doesn't go over there and do something, red heavies will blitz in and flip it every time.  I've had some very frustrating games on that map due to this.

If all four of your ground pounders are bots, they will all go to the southern mining plant instead.  Unless the heavies or MRFs can drop some ordnance on the missile base to flip it (which they never do) it just sits there in a semi-capped state until the reds arrive (which seems to take longer than at the northern base) at which point you either kill them and flip it or it turns into a long, drawn out battle as happened in the video above.

At the northern base, there always seems to be a red heavy and/or MRF arriving fairly quickly after the battle begins, and if you wait for them to get in the cap to kill them you can flip it fairly quickly.  It also seems like either a bot bomber or GAA will go to the Northern MB, too.

Edited by Commodore_Sailracer, 21 February 2021 - 02:05 PM.

SkyWolf__WM #5 Posted 21 February 2021 - 02:33 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 16102 battles

View Post_Panzerkunst_, on 21 February 2021 - 12:33 AM, said:

Also, why did you stay and flip it? Apart from picking off the slow GA trying to leave our Plant, what other aircraft did you think you'd be able to destroy there? 

Not criticism, just wondering, Why didn't you use your rockets? Or at least reload them?  :(

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

_Panzerkunst_ #6 Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8093 battles

View PostCommodore_Sailracer, on 21 February 2021 - 05:31 AM, said:

Interesting battle- thanks for sharing!  Did you add the narration after the fact?  I'd have been yelling and cursing out my team the whole time and any narration during the battle would not have been publicly publishable :D

On that map I have never had luck trying to rush the far MB, either in a fast fighter or fast bomber, and always focus on taking the near one first (unless I trust my team to take it which is rare [sigh]) and then head for the second MB.  I send a bot to the near one at the beginning as well hoping a bomber or GAA responds to finish flipping it after the two ADAs are taken out.  The sooner you get those missiles going to a mining plant, the better.

Lol, only the last bit where I talk about the P-80 was recorded after, the rest was in real time. If I have speed I try the MB rush because if I go to ours, I kill the 2 heavy ADA and end up waiting for a red heavy to fly in anyway. While I'm waiting there, the enemy bot GA or Bomber is already capping our MP. When I reached their MB, they had a lot of aircraft there, way more than my team had at my MB. Like he said in the replay tho, could have been bad bots...

View Postqu33kKC, on 21 February 2021 - 05:41 AM, said:

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Once I saw he was in the battle I knew I had to do something drastic. After I capped their MP, I was going for our MB to have MP, MP MB advantage but we ended up losing all of them. It's kind of bitter sweet going up against the best players in this game because I know I will lose and be useless but, if I can learn something new, it'll make me 1% better. That's why I'm asking him those questions!  

_Panzerkunst_ #7 Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8093 battles

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 21 February 2021 - 06:33 AM, said:

Not criticism, just wondering, Why didn't you use your rockets? Or at least reload them?  :(

Because I wanted to fully inconvenience my enemies! Got that? I fired a salvo at the first Mining Plant then I was on the back foot the rest of the battle. I'll only use them if I really them and if it gets down to the nitty gritty, I'd rather use my guns. Other than GA or Bombers, rockets require a different trajectory (unless a head on) where I give up the use of my guns to get a salvo off. If the opportunity is there I'll take it, if not then it's 30mms all day.  

Zigfreid #8 Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 23424 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Rommel is an amazing guy, polite humble and modest and fly's his planes like he stole it.

He always has time to fly a few with his clan mates and help them with what they are working on.

He fly's a lot of his games solo and has a high 70% w/r maybe 80% by now and well earned.:honoring:

crzyhawk #9 Posted 22 February 2021 - 04:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6806 battles
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
Yeah, Rommel is a guy I never like to see on the red team.  I'm very much outclassed.

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; P36C; Hawk 81A1; P38F; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; XP55; P-47B; F4U1,4; P51H  

UK: Goldfinch; Skua; Type 224; Wirraway; Bristol 146; Blenheim F; Fantome; Hurricane I, II, IId; Beaufighter, V, ; Mosquito; Boomerang; Venom; Spit I, Ia, V, Vb, IX, XIV; Tornado; Mustang I, Ia; Tempest; Seafang; Vampire |   

| Germany: FW56; AR67; Do17Z7; BF109B, E, E-3, F, G; Bf110B; Me209v4; Spit V DB605, FW190A5   | Japan: Ki5, 61, 84, 88; A6M1, 3, A7M; | 

ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; Mosquito 26; P51K | EU: S510; B534; S199 | VVS: LaGG 3(4); P40M105; Yak7M82, 1, 1M, 3; La5

_Rommel_101 #10 Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:43 PM

Airman Basic

• 15714 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

_Panzerkunst_, on 21 February 2021 - 05:33 AM, said:

_Panzerkunst_,  It's a pleasure flying with you, especially when we're on the same side. You're a quality flyer.
1) I left the Military base because the Air Defense Aircraft were destroyed along with one multi-role, and I saw you leave the sector. I did not want to wait for ADA to respawn.
2) If I recall correctly, I had hoped to slow down the taking of the Southern plant while my team/bots would take the Northern plant. It's a gamble, but one that often pays off. When the Southern plant flipped red, the secondary objective was to eliminate one or both GAs if still in sector when it opened to get a bump towards capture. I was able to accomplish this on one GA. AI will often send a plane or two to 'defend' the plant. I destroyed a few AA guns, to lessen the chance of a bomber being destroyed while taking the plant, and what I hoped did indeed happen. A multi-role bot, and later a Ki fighter, came to defend the plant. After downing these planes the plant flipped.  It was then, Garrison and your MB that became my priority.
 One the the greater factors in this match was you not receiving much support from your fellow human player. This was a match that really could have played out much differently. No failure on your part. 

Edited by _Rommel_101, 22 February 2021 - 08:46 PM.

_Panzerkunst_ #11 Posted 07 March 2021 - 05:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8093 battles

View Post_Rommel_101, on 22 February 2021 - 12:43 PM, said:

_Panzerkunst_,  It's a pleasure flying with you, especially when we're on the same side. You're a quality flyer.
1) I left the Military base because the Air Defense Aircraft were destroyed along with one multi-role, and I saw you leave the sector. I did not want to wait for ADA to respawn.
2) If I recall correctly, I had hoped to slow down the taking of the Southern plant while my team/bots would take the Northern plant. It's a gamble, but one that often pays off. When the Southern plant flipped red, the secondary objective was to eliminate one or both GAs if still in sector when it opened to get a bump towards capture. I was able to accomplish this on one GA. AI will often send a plane or two to 'defend' the plant. I destroyed a few AA guns, to lessen the chance of a bomber being destroyed while taking the plant, and what I hoped did indeed happen. A multi-role bot, and later a Ki fighter, came to defend the plant. After downing these planes the plant flipped.  It was then, Garrison and your MB that became my priority.
 One the the greater factors in this match was you not receiving much support from your fellow human player. This was a match that really could have played out much differently. No failure on your part. 

Thanks for response sir. After I capped the North MP I saw that your MB was not capped yet, I assumed you were still there trying to cap it. On my way to our MB, I noticed the South MP taking dmg, by the time I got there it already flipped towards our side so I thought you'd have a real hard time capturing it so I left. That was the turning point right there, I think I should have challenged you over the South MP. At the very least, I could have delayed you long enough to get the 80pt bonus and maybe AA could have whittled down your HP. GG, it's no coincidence your decisions led to the Victory. At the end there was nothing else for me to do so I followed you into our MB and got the kill. It's great going up against the best players because I just copy what they did to me and learn something new, lol. Still don't know how you make the Hunter fly sideways tho, :teethhappy: 

Wrongway_Conway #12 Posted 07 March 2021 - 09:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• 8 battles

View Postqu33kKC, on 21 February 2021 - 01:41 PM, said:

That's what frequently happens with such highly scripted bots. You just pulled the short straw and got assigned to the dumber bot side. This happens all the time. It's all about the very high RNG in Wg games. Either have to do your best to ignore if (if possible) or quit playing. Wg likes it this way.

Corsair4790805 #13 Posted Yesterday, 04:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1621 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostWrongway_Conway, on 07 March 2021 - 01:50 PM, said:

That's what frequently happens with such highly scripted bots. You just pulled the short straw and got assigned to the dumber bot side. This happens all the time. It's all about the very high RNG in Wg games. Either have to do your best to ignore if (if possible) or quit playing. Wg likes it this way.

And yet, there is a solution based on what qu33kKC wrote:  "If a human doesn't go over there and do something"

Bad RNG, bad design, bad whatever - it seems to me there's a work around available.  Is the map a challenge with this?  Yes.  But it seems there's a way to attempt to at least overcome this challenge.

CorvusCorvax #14 Posted Yesterday, 03:29 PM

Major

• 5252 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostWrongway_Conway, on 07 March 2021 - 09:50 PM, said:

No matter how many different names you use to get around the forum bans, this observation is still false.

BTW, "scripted" and "random" are not synonyms.

L2P

Git gud.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users