Aces High

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Developer
  • 0 battles
Two unique fighters are heading straight for your Hangars! Prepare bunks in the barracks!

Full news text

qu33kKC #2 Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12574 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
"
There goes the siren that warns of the air raid
There comes the sound of the guns sending flak
Out for the scramble, we've got to get airborne
Got to get up for the coming attack
Jump in the cockpit and start up the engines
Remove all the wheel blocks, there's no time to waste
Gathering speed as we head down the runway
Got to get airborne before it's too late"

"Aces High" by Iron Maiden.  (first verse)

"Iron Maiden' s Bruce Dickinson has vocal cords of titanium in this vintage recording. Incredible lung capacity as he holds notes longer than most modern pop songs."

losttwo #3 Posted 15 February 2021 - 02:11 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 11325 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Does this mean you get the pilots with the bundle or do you still need to earn them in the game. 

Is it 43.93 for 2 pilots and the battle missions plus everything else.

Or is it 43.93 for NO pilots and a waste of money for battle missions if you d onto have time to play. 

I am sitting here with the CC in hand but wont use it for battle missions I can't use. 

Edited by losttwo, 15 February 2021 - 02:13 PM.

blindfoId #4 Posted 15 February 2021 - 02:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 15 February 2021 - 05:11 PM, said:

Does this mean you get the pilots with the bundle or do you still need to earn them in the game. 

Is it 43.93 for 2 pilots and the battle missions plus everything else.

Or is it 43.93 for NO pilots and a waste of money for battle missions if you d onto have time to play. 

I am sitting here with the CC in hand but wont use it for battle missions I can't use. 

You receive 10,000 gold, 10 Unique Supplies and 2 battle missions. The first one is for two pilots and the second one is for x20 Intensive Training, +300% to crew XP for 2 h. These missions' requirement is "play a battle". :honoring:

losttwo #5 Posted 15 February 2021 - 03:19 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 11325 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostblindfoId, on 15 February 2021 - 09:17 AM, said:

You receive 10,000 gold, 10 Unique Supplies and 2 battle missions. The first one is for two pilots and the second one is for x20 Intensive Training, +300% to crew XP for 2 h. These missions' requirement is "play a battle". :honoring:

Thanks for that clarification. 

Note to player base : if you choose the bundle the battle missions do not show up in your hangar, do not be alarmed.

simply just play a battle and then you will have to flip to the LA-5 send current pilot to barracks. 

Then when you go to select another pilot the Special pilot will show up in hangar. 

Same process with the A6M5 

And of course go ahead and open the crates. They are full of riches. 

As for the rest of the bundle... I have not been paying attention, I just wanted the pilots. 

WhoaBlackBetty #6 Posted 15 February 2021 - 03:47 PM

Captain

• 4614 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Confused, perhaps because I have not done it yet.  If you get the pilots when you fight a battle, what are the missions for?

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 15 February 2021 - 04:09 PM

Major

• 36148 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 15 February 2021 - 10:47 AM, said:

Confused, perhaps because I have not done it yet.  If you get the pilots when you fight a battle, what are the missions for?

For anyone who doesn't care to spend real money to buy them.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #8 Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:43 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 11325 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 15 February 2021 - 10:47 AM, said:

The in game missions are for getting the pilots without spending money. 

I would normally do that but since my game time has been drastically cut due.

The new house, New art studio, Dishwasher at local upscale Wedding Venue and trying to get a new business off the ground

Just do not have time to play a lot.

I spent the $43-$44 dollars to gain the 2 pilots. 

Been playing the LA-5 with the new pilot and WOW, worth the money. 

Can't wait to try the A6M5 pilot.  

trikke #9 Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:50 PM

Major

• 5327 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

just now found the links to buy them both, after carefully looking through the Prem store for 2 days

are they really not listed there?    it looks to me like that is the only way to get them would be to read the forum, which is a fantastic idea, devs!

please add tons more "read the forum to get cool stuff" ideas in the future?

on an err-um possibly racist question, due to my lack of knowledge about many other cultures... is the woman pilot wearing some kind of hat?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

trikke #10 Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:41 PM

Major

• 5327 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

oh...  now i see them      sitting right there in the in-game Prem shop

i suppose there's a good reason why they're not in the web Prem shop       but i can't even guess what that reason is       and i'm a pretty good guesser

have we noticed that before?    that the in-game shop and the WoWP web shop are different?

BF, please tell us why?

Edited by trikke, 21 February 2021 - 08:43 PM.

hoom #11 Posted 22 February 2021 - 04:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13308 battles
They are there in the web Premium shop (or are now?), just the icons are gold containers rather than Pilots so you can easily overlook them.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

blindfoId #12 Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Posttrikke, on 21 February 2021 - 11:41 PM, said:

i suppose there's a good reason why they're not in the web Prem shop       but i can't even guess what that reason is       and i'm a pretty good guesser

have we noticed that before?    that the in-game shop and the WoWP web shop are different?

BF, please tell us why?

They've been present in the Premium Shop (both in-game and web store) since February 15 (03:20 PT / 06:20 ET). 

1. Soviet Ace

2. Japanese Ace

3. Both

They are available on the Specials page. Also, there are links to bundles on our official portal  as well as in the dedicated article in WGC. 

12_inch_Hawk #13 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 28809 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Posttrikke, on 21 February 2021 - 03:41 PM, said:

BF, please tell us why?

I can tell you why.  You weren't logged in to the web premium shop.  When you aren't logged in the specials don't show up.  Its a function of when they were having "exclusive offers" to some players but not others.  I remember when they were offering the nc1070 in a bundle with an 11 point pilot and 11 point gunner but I couldn't buy it because I wasn't on the list and I was choked.  I would have bought it just for the crew. It was right before European planes could switch nations so it turned out good that I wasn't able to get it because I would have been even more choked that I payed for a useless European crew.  They have also had offers where you can only buy 1 of or a limited number which is yet another reason  you have to be logged in to see all the specials.  

Jaguardian #14 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 528 battles

View Post12_inch_Hawk, on 23 February 2021 - 05:25 AM, said:

I can tell you why.  You weren't logged in to the web premium shop.  When you aren't logged in the specials don't show up.  Its a function of when they were having "exclusive offers" to some players but not others.  I remember when they were offering the nc1070 in a bundle with an 11 point pilot and 11 point gunner but I couldn't buy it because I wasn't on the list and I was choked.  I would have bought it just for the crew. It was right before European planes could switch nations so it turned out good that I wasn't able to get it because I would have been even more choked that I payed for a useless European crew.  They have also had offers where you can only buy 1 of or a limited number which is yet another reason  you have to be logged in to see all the specials.  

I thought only planes could be switched.  Are you saying the pilot and gunner could have been switched with the plane?

Lose_dudes #15 Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1814 battles
  • [524] 524

View PostJaguardian, on 23 February 2021 - 06:35 PM, said:

I thought only planes could be switched.  Are you saying the pilot and gunner could have been switched with the plane?

No, only the plane switches. I don't really understand what he was saying.

Everything's stupid, everything's wrong

MGs are too weak and cannons too strong

The ju-87 is simply a waste

xp past the do-17z with great haste

trikke #16 Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:31 PM

Major

• 5327 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

ah, i found them now       i was expecting to see a face, instead of a binoculars case with gold in it   

and i didn't read the fine print     again 

12_inch_Hawk #17 Posted 03 March 2021 - 02:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 28809 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostJaguardian, on 23 February 2021 - 01:35 PM, said:

no you would be stuck with a useless European 11 point pilot and gunner.  Once you switch the plane to some other nation you can't use the European crew.  That's why I would have been upset if I bought it.  I would have spent all that money on a European crew and than after that deal they made European planes able to switch nations making that crew useless.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users