Night Witches Bomber Club

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

WhoaBlackBetty #1 Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:00 PM

Captain

• 4523 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

:honoring:

I have started a web site here: https://nightwitches.enjin.com/ for pilots interested in learning more about the science of flying bombers successfully in World of Warplanes.  This is not a clan, it is more of a club honoring the all female military aviators of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment, known later as the 46th "Taman" Guards Night Bomber Aviation Regiment, of the Soviet Air Forces.  The Germans nick named them "Nachthexen", or "night witches".  Their history is quite worthy of study.

I will be searching this forum for all posts about individual bombers and bombing in general and will post it to that site.  I welcome any and all pilots in joining the site and making helpful posts to it.  I also would welcome links to the forum posts, and there are many, to assist in filling the site with info.

As you will see if you go to it now, it is E M P T Y, as I have just now opened it.  I would also welcome help with setting it up as I am rusty at it.  I worked with an enjin site some time ago and have forgotten all I learned.

My hope is that we develop an actual "club" of sorts as trying to drag bombers from their clans would be rightfully problematic. I wish to help everyone flying bombers to better help themselves in this aspect of WarPlanes, thereby helping their clans. To help form the club better, you will see in the in game contacts list at the bottom right a "Create Group" tab.  If you click that, you can make a folder entitled "Night Witches" and drag fellow club members there and you will always be able to see who is online if you wish.  

If someone familiar with enjin, or with making web sites, wishes to help me, please let me know!  I need you!

WBB

Edited by WhoaBlackBetty, 15 January 2021 - 08:03 PM.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

Also: J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."

Corsair4790805 #2 Posted 15 January 2021 - 09:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1573 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 15 January 2021 - 12:00 PM, said:

:honoring:

I have started a web site here: https://nightwitches.enjin.com/ for pilots interested in learning more about the science of flying bombers successfully in World of Warplanes.  This is not a clan, it is more of a club honoring the all female military aviators of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment, known later as the 46th "Taman" Guards Night Bomber Aviation Regiment, of the Soviet Air Forces.  The Germans nick named them "Nachthexen", or "night witches".  Their history is quite worthy of study.

I will be searching this forum for all posts about individual bombers and bombing in general and will post it to that site.  I welcome any and all pilots in joining the site and making helpful posts to it.  I also would welcome links to the forum posts, and there are many, to assist in filling the site with info.

As you will see if you go to it now, it is E M P T Y, as I have just now opened it.  I would also welcome help with setting it up as I am rusty at it.  I worked with an enjin site some time ago and have forgotten all I learned.

My hope is that we develop an actual "club" of sorts as trying to drag bombers from their clans would be rightfully problematic. I wish to help everyone flying bombers to better help themselves in this aspect of WarPlanes, thereby helping their clans. To help form the club better, you will see in the in game contacts list at the bottom right a "Create Group" tab.  If you click that, you can make a folder entitled "Night Witches" and drag fellow club members there and you will always be able to see who is online if you wish.  

If someone familiar with enjin, or with making web sites, wishes to help me, please let me know!  I need you!

WBB

I'm familiar with websites, though my expertise is more on the backend and middleware.  I've not worked with enjin before, but I can set aside some time next week to take a look at it.

WhoaBlackBetty #3 Posted 15 January 2021 - 09:29 PM

Captain

• 4523 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCorsair4790805, on 15 January 2021 - 03:18 PM, said:

I'm familiar with websites, though my expertise is more on the backend and middleware.  I've not worked with enjin before, but I can set aside some time next week to take a look at it.

Cool, THANKS.  As you are able, see if you can join the site, I'll let you in and try to figure out how to give permissions.  I may h ave some of it down by the time you grace it with your attention.

Also: J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."

WhoaBlackBetty #4 Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:31 PM

Captain

• 4523 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
I think I am catching on. "It's coming back to me NOOooowww."

Corsair4790805 #5 Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1573 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 15 January 2021 - 01:29 PM, said:

Cool, THANKS.  As you are able, see if you can join the site, I'll let you in and try to figure out how to give permissions.  I may h ave some of it down by the time you grace it with your attention.

I was able to create an account and login (after I fixed my email address typo :) ).

Corsair4790805 #6 Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1573 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

There's a number of links in the guides section of the forum that may have valuable information to put on the site, assuming the guide creators don't object:  I can't vouch for how up to date they are though.

So You Have Your New Bomber: http://forum.worldof...our-new-bomber/

How To Blenheim Guide To High Altitude Bombing in 2.0: http://forum.worldof...-bombing-in-20/

How To Invader Guide to Low Level Bombing: http://forum.worldof...-level-bombing/

Introduction to German Bombers Ju 88A: http://forum.worldof...-junkers-ju88a/
RB-17 The First Big Bear: http://forum.worldof...first-big-bear/

WhoaBlackBetty #7 Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:56 PM

Captain

• 4523 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Excellent! I need stuff like that, thanks Corsair. That is exactly what I am looking for.

Also, looking forward to link from people who have the forum discussions saved or something.  WhiteWidow and several others made lots of excellent posts.

Thanks again!

WBB

Edited by WhoaBlackBetty, 15 January 2021 - 10:57 PM.

WhoaBlackBetty #8 Posted 16 January 2021 - 12:59 AM

Captain

• 4523 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

https://nightwitches.enjin.com/forum

Somebody go there and tell me what you see, please. Been working on it. Join if you have to to see it. THANKS.

WBB

Corsair4790805 #9 Posted 16 January 2021 - 01:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1573 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 15 January 2021 - 04:59 PM, said:

Somebody go there and tell me what you see, please. Been working on it. Join if you have to to see it. THANKS.

WBB

Looks good - can't wait to see content building up :)

trikke #10 Posted 16 January 2021 - 01:53 AM

Major

• 5314 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
looks great!      the A-26 tips will be helpful
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 16 January 2021 - 01:54 AM

Major

• 35852 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

I tried but couldn't figure it out.

:hiding:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

WhoaBlackBetty #12 Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:05 PM

Captain

• 4523 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 15 January 2021 - 07:54 PM, said:

I tried but couldn't figure it out.

:hiding:

Several others have had success  Sometimes if your email is connected to another enjin site, it can get confusing.

When I bought the subscription for the site and hit "purchase", suddenly Death Rattler Squadron had a paid for web site, not Night Witches.  I had to scramble to stop payment, go to the Death Rattler Squadron site and delete it, then go back to the NW site and do the subscription again.  Anyway, work continues on the site.

WBB

Captain_Underpants53 #13 Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:16 PM

Major

• 35852 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
That sounds just like what I experienced!
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

no_trace_of_sanity #14 Posted 17 January 2021 - 12:01 AM

Master Sergeant

• 5590 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
I signed up.....this could be interesting...

WhoaBlackBetty #15 Posted 17 January 2021 - 12:47 AM

Captain

• 4523 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCorsair4790805, on 15 January 2021 - 04:48 PM, said:

There's a number of links in the guides section of the forum that may have valuable information to put on the site, assuming the guide creators don't object:  I can't vouch for how up to date they are though.

So You Have Your New Bomber: http://forum.worldof...our-new-bomber/

How To Blenheim Guide To High Altitude Bombing in 2.0: http://forum.worldof...-bombing-in-20/

How To Invader Guide to Low Level Bombing: http://forum.worldof...-level-bombing/

Introduction to German Bombers Ju 88A: http://forum.worldof...-junkers-ju88a/
RB-17 The First Big Bear: http://forum.worldof...first-big-bear/

Thanks Corsair, I made use of the links. Good stuff, indeed.  I will be searching the forum more.  The discussions by WhiteWidow and others on bombers were amazing, and entertaining as there was just a little animosity ... at times. 

WBB

Edited by WhoaBlackBetty, 17 January 2021 - 02:24 AM.

WhoaBlackBetty #16 Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:26 AM

Captain

• 4523 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I am searching the forum for any and all info posted on bombers and how to fly them.  As I have mentioned, there have been excellent postings on almost every bomber and I need to locate them.  Anyone who has links to these threads, please shoot 'em to me so I can add info to the Night Witches site.  Thanks to Corsair, I have a good start!

Also, if you would like to contribute, do not hesitate joining the site and giving it your take on flying bombers.

WBB

Edited by WhoaBlackBetty, 17 January 2021 - 02:43 AM.

WhoaBlackBetty #17 Posted 17 January 2021 - 08:21 PM

Captain

• 4523 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Added some excellent German tier 9 and 10 stuff.  It's from 2017, but still apropos today.  Come join the web site and read, and also add info!

WBB

WhoaBlackBetty #18 Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:58 PM

Captain

• 4523 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I have added more info here and there to the web site by searching these forums, but have about exhausted what I can find of the excellent posts made in the past about bombers and bombing.  You pilots who have posted in the past, who know about bombers, and anyone else interested, visit the site, sign on, and make posts for those who want to improve their bombing skills. Also, if you have posts you are following or whatever, please send to me links here or in the web site.  Need your input!

Thanks!

WBB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users