When WG?

when wg

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:20 AM

Major

• 34963 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

When are you going to put a halt to the few players we have that repeatedly spew toxic racist, homophobic, misogynistic vile obscenity towards other players.  Over and over I submit reports and tickets when I see it.  Yet there they are again and again, doing the same thing.

From what I've been told we are nothing like as toxic as WoT is.  But I don't care about that.  What I care about is WoWP.

Is this, or is it not, a PG-13 game?  If you wish to change the rating to Mature, do it!  Otherwise clamp down on these haters.

:angry:

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 13 January 2021 - 02:22 AM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Deltavee #2 Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:40 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4221 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 12 January 2021 - 09:20 PM, said:

When are you going to put a halt to the few players we have that repeatedly spew toxic racist, homophobic, misogynistic vile obscenity towards other players.  Over and over I submit reports and tickets when I see it.  Yet there they are again and again, doing the same thing.

From what I've been told we are nothing like as toxic as WoT is.  But I don't care about that.  What I care about is WoWP.

Is this, or is it not, a PG-13 game?  If you wish to change the rating to Mature, do it!  Otherwise clamp down on these haters.

:angry:

I'll second that, Cap. 

Pretty revolting behaviour.  I ran into it for the first time last night from a team member.  I posted cya and his name and bailed. 

Imho if you continue to play with a potty-mouthed mental 12-year old you're supporting the behaviour.

I would very much like to see these immature clowns clamped down.  Does WG even run surveillance s/ware on in-game chat?  No idea.

Screen shot and complaint seem to be all that we have.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

Tierdo #3 Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:54 AM

Airman Basic

• 1640 battles

Likewise I agree.  WG should better monitor this just as Facebook/Twitter try to do.  A few would ruin an otherwise enjoyable game for all.

WG responds promptly to all my technical tickets, don't know why they can do the same for this.

This is an int'l online game so there's also a few screwballs out there, but yes, once the culprits are reported to WG, they should do something.

Corsair4790805 #4 Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1418 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I ran into a player on the red team a while back who spent the entire game on a political rant.   At the end of the game I told him he should focus on flying and stop the political stuff and went back to the hangar.   He messaged me telling him not to speak to him, I wasn't worthy and calling me a projectionist, LOL.  He was one the one spewing politics and then messaging me after the game.

I did report him/her/it/them/whoever/whatever.    Don't know if it's the same toxicity everyone else is referring to.   I'm here to fly and shoot things down, not listen to political screeching (of any ideology).

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:24 AM

Major

• 34963 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostCorsair4790805, on 12 January 2021 - 10:19 PM, said:

I ran into a player on the red team a while back who spent the entire game on a political rant.   At the end of the game I told him he should focus on flying and stop the political stuff and went back to the hangar.   He messaged me telling him not to speak to him, I wasn't worthy and calling me a projectionist, LOL.  He was one the one spewing politics and then messaging me after the game.

I did report him/her/it/them/whoever/whatever.    Don't know if it's the same toxicity everyone else is referring to.   I'm here to fly and shoot things down, not listen to political screeching (of any ideology).

Political speech is specifically prohibited in the EULA, yet .................. here we are.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

TeamTerrence #6 Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:40 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

The solution has already been provided.........

WG has also provided an in-game reporting system that takes care of people with thin skin and cannot handle having their delicate feelings hurt.

There is also the option to place them on ignore to avoid repeat encounters.

If you are not using these tools then you are just leaving yourself wide open

Edited by TeamTerrence, 13 January 2021 - 03:46 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:07 AM

Major

• 34963 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostTeamTerrence, on 12 January 2021 - 10:40 PM, said:

The solution has already been provided.........

WG has also provided an in-game reporting system that takes care of people with thin skin and cannot handle having their delicate feelings hurt.

There is also the option to place them on ignore to avoid repeat encounters.

If you are not using these tools then you are just leaving yourself wide open

And we have a vote for, 'Let's give the younguns' someone to live down to.'

:(

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #8 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:10 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 10969 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Meanwhile all systems are broken.

I mean, no matter how many I times I report RedJacket for DCing at the beginning of the match.

There he is in the next one. When is my next lucky day,

Edited by losttwo, 13 January 2021 - 09:14 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:04 AM

Major

• 34963 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

The problem with that is it's a waste of a report.  You can DC every match all day and it's perfectly legal.

Not smart in my opinion but ...........

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

qu33kKC #10 Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12124 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
I have 1 individual on my Ignore list. And it's likely the toxic twatwaffle under discussion in this thread.  WoWP has VERY few toxic members, I can think of literally a handful.  The average game of WoT has more than that,judging by some of the replays I've seen.  *shruggy*

trikke #11 Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:21 PM

Major

• 5213 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
i've been lucky, i've witnessed only a few tirades      but ty TT, i didn't know that was there!
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Thorondar #12 Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4656 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
That is why I have battle chat turned off in game. There is nothing there of importance that will help me play the game and It has nothing to do with being thin skinned, I am here to play a game and not get my jollies off by watching  a keyboard warrior act immature or let them get their jollies off by getting a response from me.  The people I want to talk to during a game are on Discord with me.  Otherwise chat me up after a game.  I always say when you respond to a keyboard warrior, they won...they got to you.  Not making a comment makes them mad and you won.

Jaguardian #13 Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:07 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 528 battles

View Posttrikke, on 13 January 2021 - 08:21 AM, said:

i've been lucky, i've witnessed only a few tirades      but ty TT, i didn't know that was there!

Too bad it stars out some words that shouldn't be.  I have mine turned on and I do miss some words that I can't believe would be bad.  I can't see the words but just basing off the phrase where I see them I don't think the person typing used a bad word.

View PostThorondar, on 13 January 2021 - 09:06 AM, said:

That is why I have battle chat turned off in game. There is nothing there of importance that will help me play the game and It has nothing to do with being thin skinned, I am here to play a game and not get my jollies off by watching  a keyboard warrior act immature or let them get their jollies off by getting a response from me.  The people I want to talk to during a game are on Discord with me.  Otherwise chat me up after a game.  I always say when you respond to a keyboard warrior, they won...they got to you.  Not making a comment makes them mad and you won.

Would you ignore your children if they are being bad?  I know it is not the same thing but turning a blind eye on this behavior doesn't mean it doesn't exist and WG should deal with it.  Turning off your chat just means you may be missing someone actually trying to coordinate a battle plan and just because of a Jack Hole in game, shouldn't mean I have to turn my chat off and miss legitimate messages.

TeamTerrence #14 Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

View Posttrikke, on 13 January 2021 - 09:21 AM, said:

Sadly there are parents out there who were not made aware of this setting and their kids get the full experience.

TeamTerrence #15 Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 January 2021 - 01:07 AM, said:

And we have a vote for, 'Let's give the younguns' someone to live down to.'

You got my vote!!

Lets try again.......don't like certain comments + ignore = problem resolved

People who want a problem to go away are not interested in allowing it to linger and progress

Captain_Underpants53 #16 Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:12 AM

Major

• 34963 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Let's try again........sadly there are parents out there who trust the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) to rate a game for age appropriate content.  They got it wrong in this case.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

opala73_leandro #17 Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:32 AM

Senior Airman

• 7873 battles
  • [GAVCA] GAVCA
WG DOESN'T BAN OR ANY THAT PRACTICES FRIENDLY FIRE OR THE IDIOTS THAT GIVE UP DURING THE BATTLE ..

TeamTerrence #18 Posted 14 January 2021 - 02:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 January 2021 - 09:12 PM, said:

Let's try again........sadly there are parents out there who trust the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) to rate a game for age appropriate content.  They got it wrong in this case.

Nope........

According to the website it appears WG has the rating covered.

Captain_Underpants53 #19 Posted 14 January 2021 - 04:12 AM

Major

• 34963 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
I suppose it depends on your idea of what 'infrequent' means.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #20 Posted 14 January 2021 - 04:53 AM

Major

• 5154 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 14 January 2021 - 04:12 AM, said:

I suppose it depends on your idea of what 'infrequent' means.

Every OTHER sentence?

Also tagged with when, wg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users